As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2018 Hotel Partners!

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Despite the new hotel queue I still was unable to reserve the rooms I selected because somebody else got them.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Did Seattle jack up their Hotel tax in the past few years?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    IDK if I secured the right room but oh well. Sheraton, 2 double beds. It will be me, my husband, and two kids (although one will be 19 and the other is 12). I got quad occupancy. I think the worst case is that I get charged an extra $10 or whatever per night. Anyway, kind of psyched to have a room because there have been days we left PAX early when, really, all we wanted was a little respite from the chaos.

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Got my usual Crowne Plaza! WOOOOOT!

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Is this where I ask for room shares?

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, looks like everything dropped while I was downstairs cooking dinner. Guess I'm on the hotel grind again this year.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Nfan10039 wrote: »
    Is this where I ask for room shares?
    I will do a room share thread sometime soonish. This is not the thread for that :)

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Most Sheraton rooms were gone in 5 minutes. Unreal.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    Odd...Homewood Suites wasn’t in the list this year, despite being just a half block from the Convention Center. That’s my favorite hotel, but without the PAX discount it’s too expensive.

• Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    The Sheraton still had some availability when I was looking but it wasn't during the time I needed since I come way early. Got the Grand Hyatt though! I'm hyped for REAL

• Options
    They really need to do something about this system not holding rooms. Had a Sheraton room booked out from under me.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    havok978 wrote: »
    They really need to do something about this system not holding rooms. Had a Sheraton room booked out from under me.
    yeah, that is definitely a pain.

• Options
    amaskedmanamaskedman Registered User regular
    I had a moment of insanity and booked a condo a block from the hotel about 4 months ago. I took an educated guess on PAX dates. I saw sharepoint fest was on the calendar for the alternate PAX date. It all worked out.

First time using AirBNB......

• Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular

You can always add days as they are freed up after this massive land grab.

I managed to get Friday and Saturday, from this I will grow a mighty empire!

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options

That's what I did last year. I have a room at the Hyatt, so I'm not super concerned about it. I prefer the Sheraton though, so if I can snag that over the next few weeks, I'll switch my reservation.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I'm going to risk it and let the land grab die down. Worst case I'll get an AirBnB in capital hill and just use Lyft and transit to get around.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

That's what I did last year. I have a room at the Hyatt, so I'm not super concerned about it. I prefer the Sheraton though, so if I can snag that over the next few weeks, I'll switch my reservation.

Pretty much same boat. I have a full reservation over at the Hyatt Olive 8, so I'm not in a bad position at all, but I do prefer the Sheraton, and to date I haven't really been unsuccessful scraping together a Sheraton room by PAX time, even slowly piecing one together a day at a time.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    Sigh was F5ing twitter and registration page until 1301MT then went to a meeting. Thankfully my son was on the ball and got 2 sets of passes. I was able to snag an executive suite at Fairmont. Has anyone stayed in on at Fairmont? Pictures look nice but sooo pricey...Was hoping for Homewood but didn't see them listed, and Hyatt and Sheraton were full. Seems like the partner list is a lot smaller this year.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Booked the Crowne Plaza due to price, what are folks experience with the hotel? It looks decent online.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    SinoSamba wrote: »
    Booked the Crowne Plaza due to price, what are folks experience with the hotel? It looks decent online.

It's a decent hotel. There aren't really any of the hotels on the list that I would consider bad. For me, it's just been about the distance. The first year I went to PAX, I stayed in a hotel that was a 30 minute walk from the convention center. That's just not a trip you make more than once a day, so I ended up having to carry everything with me all day, which was unpleasant.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular

Last year I did that, they really open up in August after exhibitors have finalized their hotels as well.

May PAX be upon you.
  • Options

I quite like the Crowne Plaza. About a 5 minute walk from the convention center (depending on route), spacious rooms, and quieter since there's no PAX programming or meetups in it.

• Options
    z0raz0ra Registered User regular
    I got a room at the Hyatt, I'm very excited.

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular

I quite like the Crowne Plaza. About a 5 minute walk from the convention center (depending on route), spacious rooms, and quieter since there's no PAX programming or meetups in it.

That hike back up the hill at the end of the day/night is a real pain in the ass though. Not as bad as the Renaissance, but still enough for me to want to avoid it whenever possible.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Marino wrote: »

That hike back up the hill at the end of the day/night is a real pain in the ass though. Not as bad as the Renaissance, but still enough for me to want to avoid it whenever possible.

Yeah I stayed at the renaissance in 2016, rooms are nice, but the walk back up or through the free way park( wouldn't recommend doing at night) is no fun.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Marino wrote: »

Yeah I stayed at the renaissance in 2016, rooms are nice, but the walk back up or through the free way park( wouldn't recommend doing at night) is no fun.

Yeah, the room was nice because I got sick before we even left PAX in 2014, so having separate rooms so my guy could watch TV and I could sleep was great, but that was around the time I had to start using a wheelchair, so the hills killed me.

I'd also like to throw it out there that what my country living ass considers a block and what the people of Seattle consider a block are so not the same thing.

• Options
    Hyatt King rooms currently available Thurs - Tues

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    Clarification -- Grand and Olive have king rooms available right now

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
  • Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    I have been hooked on Olive 8 ever since I stayed there 5 years ago.

The hot tub and steam room make ending days of walking around all the better!
    Also being just 2 blocks from the convention center is just so nice to get up 30-35 minutes before doors and go, then at the end of the day it's all downhill walking to get back!

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I don't know how long it takes to become free in their system but I just cancelled our reservation at the Sheraton. It was for Quad Occupancy - Deluxe Double Beds. (I decided I'd rather spend the money and take a long weekend trip to San Diego instead.)

vespachica on
    ufq9gj8383nh.png

• Options
    Managed to get all Thurs to Tues booked at the Motif so am releasing Fri/Sat double-double at the Sheraton. Should reflect in the system shortly afterward.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Still trying to watch for Crowne Plaza double rooms. Buddy of mine said they wanted to room share AFTER I booked a single bed during the initial sale -_-

IncreaseBlue on
  • Options
    10KStreams10KStreams Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Hilton has a one bed room available from Thursday to Tuesday right now.

• Options
    Looks like Renaissance, Motif, Fairmont, Mayflower, Springhill and Westin all have Thurs-Tues availability right now.

• Options
    outlander317@icloud.comoutlander317@icloud.com Registered User regular
    We got Homewood Suites (Our FAV) but had to take it for more than the PAX dates to get the room. We absolutely love the seafood across the street and the Manhattan Clam Chowder down the street..lol, I forget the names-sorry:(

• Options
    edited July 2018
    The Manhattan Clam Chowder was at the Daily Grill on Pike Street...GREAT!!!! They have agreed to offer it during PAX WEST 2018. It's on Pike Street, same side of the street as the convention, turn left out of the convention and down the hill. We are from Indiana and love the seafood items found in Seattle.

outlander317@icloud.com on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Wrong city..lol

outlander317@icloud.com on
  • Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    We got Homewood Suites (Our FAV) but had to take it for more than the PAX dates to get the room. We absolutely love the seafood across the street and the Manhattan Clam Chowder down the street..lol, I forget the names-sorry:(

I noticed that this year with the Homewood, I wasn't able to reserve the usual number of days, had to bump it up before the system would allow it. I even tried to drop a day after the fact.

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options

I noticed that this year with the Homewood, I wasn't able to reserve the usual number of days, had to bump it up before the system would allow it. I even tried to drop a day after the fact.

Did u get rooms through On Peak or hotel website? I looked at reserving a room direct through Hilton and they wanted me to book Thurs to Wed instead of Thurs to Tues at over $300 per night, can’t remember exact quote

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
  • Options
    P.D.B. FishsticksP.D.B. Fishsticks Ohio, USARegistered User regular
    Yeah, the Homewood Suites is my usual preference too, but I've been looking for Tuesday through Tuesday periodically since literally the week after West 2017 (on the Hilton site, since I generally book on Hilton points to avoid the peak pricing during PAX) and I've not yet seen availability this year.

I've got a room at the Hilton on 6th, though, so I'm good.