As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2018 Badges available now!

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Well, I meant... got in while Sat was still "low" :P So had no issues buying 3 Saturday with zero refreshing required.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    KopeAceticKopeAcetic Registered User regular
    Also staying at the late parties and being able to just amble back to the room instead of driving for 15 - 30 minutes soooo nice.

That's one thing I didn't do much of last year that I want to do more of this year - late parties and the music!

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular

now what will I do between the hours of 10 and 2 every weekday

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    MiddyBot wrote: »
    I'm so over the moon! Happens on my day off, got the notification no problem, then acquired tickets and hotel - back to my hubby and I's second home, the Westin!

EDIT: Also because of the sudden rush of things, for the sake of buying the tickets and securing the hotels, I used my current address but I will be moving to my new place next week and my cards will be updated - when should I contact PAX about this so I don't lose anything?

I believe you can contact pax_questions@paxsite.com for that?

• Options
    TimoonTimoon Occupied Canada Registered User regular
    Was only going 2 days this year, was in the shower and did not see the tweet until 32 min in, but still got my Sunday (listed as low) and Monday. Sat was gone.

• Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I was about 4 minutes late, but got all my badges plus the usual lot of extras. I don't know why, but this year I was not on high alert yet. Too much RL going on. Let the hype begin!

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Got in the queue the second my phone dinged me with the tweet. Got Friday, Saturday and Sunday badges with no issue. Chose not to get a Monday badge. Three days is enough for me.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    istoleyourfoodistoleyourfood Registered User regular
    I’m in folks! See you in Seattle!

• Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Timoon wrote: »
    Was only going 2 days this year, was in the shower and did not see the tweet until 32 min in, but still got my Sunday (listed as low) and Monday. Sat was gone.

Refresh at ticket page, Sat may pop up.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    Next thing to be on the lookout for: Cookie Brigade purchase!

• Options
    cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    The whole process was amazingly smooth this year. I was in queue for only 10 minutes. I remember it being much longer in the past.

• Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    cedelacruz wrote: »
    The whole process was amazingly smooth this year. I was in queue for only 10 minutes. I remember it being much longer in the past.

Very smooth and has actually been a faster sell out than that last few years. Which probably means they were able to upgrade their system and process checkouts faster.

IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »

Very smooth and has actually been a faster sell out than that last few years. Which probably means they were able to upgrade their system and process checkouts faster.

I clocked Sunday as 5 minutes slower, and Friday is 25 minutes slower and climbing. I'm most curious about Monday. Will it take even longer this year?

• Options

I feel the opposite. It feels like this year isn't selling out as fast as years past. As I write this there are still Friday Passes available. Maybe because there were fewer single days available when they used to do full weekend passes.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I clocked Sunday as 5 minutes slower, and Friday is 25 minutes slower and climbing. I'm most curious about Monday. Will it take even longer this year?

I wouldn't be surprised if Monday doesn't sell out at all. Last year I was tired by Sunday afternoon and decided to not go on Monday. I had a really tough time selling my Mon pass at face value.

cedelacruz on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018

I wouldn't be surprised if Monday doesn't sell out at all. Last year I was tired by Sunday afternoon decided to not go on Monday. I had a really tough time selling my Mon pass at face value.

Precisely why I didn't buy a Monday badge. I'm an old man pushing 40, I'll be dead on my feet by Sunday.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Last year I was able to keep refreshing and Sunday badges were reliably available for about 1.5hrs. This year they stopped popping back up a little over an hour. Obviously this is not exact due to the queue, but by my experience is that this year Sat & Sun sold out faster than the last two years. Friday is taking longer though.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    At home sick so was browsing net with phone, got all 4days, happier now ^^

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Just bought 2 friday and monday passes - while I was doing that, I saw a single sunday badge come and go. If someone had more free time than me, they might refresh for a miracle.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

Last year I was able to keep refreshing and Sunday badges were reliably available for about 1.5hrs. This year they stopped popping back up a little over an hour. Obviously this is not exact due to the queue, but by my experience is that this year Sat & Sun sold out faster than the last two years. Friday is taking longer though.

I just go by the banner image. I figure trying to track the noise in the badges poping back up isn't worth it. So I guess I'm tracking "generally available" instead of "any availability".

• Options
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if Monday doesn't sell out at all. Last year I was tired by Sunday afternoon decided to not go on Monday. I had a really tough time selling my Mon pass at face value.

Precisely why I didn't buy a Monday badge. I'm an old man pushing 40, I'll be dead on my feet by Sunday.

I'm on the same boat. I'm only in my mid 30s and have been going to PAX since 07. I honestly don't have the same energy and endurance I used to have in my 20s.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    42 this year, never missed a day of PAX Prime. I don't think I would miss it if they cut out Mondays, but it's nice to have a day to go back to the 1-2 things that we regret not standing in line to see. I wouldn't want to do Monday as my only day though.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »

I'm on the same boat. I'm only in my mid 30s and have been going to PAX since 07. I honestly don't have the same energy and endurance I used to have in my 20s.

Even though I come from out of state I have been bringing a camping seat with me on the past 3 paxes (once I got extra scrutiny by TSA they thought it was a weapon, lol....). It really is a godsend, they go for less than 20 bucks at Amazon.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    This is my first year buying 4 full sets. I really hope I don’t get flagged :(

sedirox on
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    sedirox wrote: »

Did anyone else buy badges using the same shipping address? The same billing address? The same credit card? If not, you're fine. If so, there's a good chance your order will get flagged.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    sediroxsedirox Registered User regular

Did anyone else buy badges using the same shipping address? The same billing address? The same credit card? If not, you're fine. If so, there's a good chance your order will get flagged.

No on all counts. I guess I’m a bit paranoid since I have heard some stories about innocent purchases getting flagged.

• Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular

No on all counts. I guess I’m a bit paranoid since I have heard some stories about innocent purchases getting flagged.

Obviously, I can't say that's never happened, but I would take many of those stories with a grain of salt. In almost all cases, they're coming from people who are shading the truth a bit, and that did, in some way, violate the purchase terms.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular

You should be fine. I bought 4 sets before without a problem just because I was the quickest to queue in my group.

• Options
    Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    Oh boy, I did it. I survived. I got badges and the motif. I did it! Congrats to everyone else that got tickets! Surprised to see Friday is still up.

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Bobcats acquired! Was a bit weird seeing the sqli error and a 'service' unavailable error twice before getting into the queue, but it ended up working. Odd this year, tho, I got charged sales tax, don't recall that happening before. Only difference for me was that I was on my phone, which often shows up as being in Washington via IP location services, vs being at my desktop.

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Anyone remember the child policy. What's the age when they need to start wearing a badge? My son is 4 and I couldn't find it in the FAQs.

cedelacruz on
  • Options
    RedtailRedtail Registered User regular
    Another Oregonian hit by the sales tax. It's not a make-or-break but still a touch jarring to pay an extra 20 on my order.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Anyone remember the child policy. What's the age when they need to start wearing a badge? My son is 4 and I couldn't find it in the FAQs.

6 and under do not require a badge.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    SweetCosmicPopeSweetCosmicPope Just Some Dude Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Got my badges this morning, and couldn't be more excited. Last year was my first year, and we had so much of a blast. I was literally looking on this forum this morning to determine if anyone had any idea when they'd go on sale. Saw people guessing that they'd be out on the 7th, and so I told my wife that sometime in the next few weeks, probably the 7th, to expect me buying the badges. Then I'm sitting at work and my phone goes off telling me that the tickets were on sale. Two seconds later I was in the queue and 5 minutes later I was purchasing. It was quite pain-free this year. Last year, Saturday and Sunday were sold out before I got through the queue, and this year I had my pick. We had so much fun on Friday last year, though, that I opted for Friday again this year. Couldn't do multiple days. Too much $$$, but honestly, the adrenaline rush of moving from floor to floor like a kid in a candy shop was half the fun last year.

• Options
    CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Redtail wrote: »
    Another Oregonian hit by the sales tax. It's not a make-or-break but still a touch jarring to pay an extra 20 on my order.

I'm from PA and was hit with it. I saw a lot of people talking about it on Twitter. I'm not happy about it as well. I guess we'll be prepared for next year.

• Options
    karaokeangkaraokeang Registered User regular
    I got the notification on my personal phone and went running out of a meeting mid-sentence as my personal phone connection at work is iffy and I needed my laptop. I joined the queue on my phone anyways. Then my laptop wouldn't access the internet. I ended up running back to the meeting with 2 phones and my laptop finally on the internet in the queue. It was super sweet as all my co-workers joined the queue to help me just in case. There were a couple of minor heart attacks as I was completing my purchase with time-outs on my personal phone.

I was able to get all 4 days for myself, Friday for my son to go with me, and Sat & Sun for my best gaming buddy. After I had my tickets secure, I purchased an additional Saturday for my friend on my laptop went it made out of the queue. Saturdays immediately sold out after that. I am so stinkin excited about PAX this year. I got a hotel room for Saturday and Sunday night, I found it makes all the difference being able to take a nap if needed at my decrepit age of 41.

• Options
    oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    Kinda there.

Got Sunday/Monday but no Sat tix. I'll have to go find those somewhere else, sadly. But at least I'm in.

• Options
    midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    We got ours! But, I have yet to see a tweet go out saying they're all sold out. Do they still do that, or are there still Friday/Monday badges available?

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

• Options
    midna wrote: »
    We got ours! But, I have yet to see a tweet go out saying they're all sold out. Do they still do that, or are there still Friday/Monday badges available?

So far Friday and Monday are still available. It looks like Friday will probably sell out at some point, we'll see if Monday sells out at this point.

• Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    Actually got em this year! For the eighth time (minus 2015), Carl returns!

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg