As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

StarCraft: Rumors of Starcraft 3 where as real as a full night's sleep.

• DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't expect too much excitement over this considering the general participation in this thread but I gotta mention...

Artosis and iNcontroL are doing a talk show called The Pylon Show. they stream on twitch but *** they're also releasing it as a podcast ***. I'm glad to have something like this period but the fact that I can subscribe to it and listen through my podcast app while I drive adds a whole lot for me so I wanted to make sure everyone knows.

definitely going to check this out. the recent trend of "podcasts" that are video content has been incredibly unfortunate.

I'm actually not sure what Artosis looks like, so I don't know how much I'm going to miss out on not having a camera.

Made me think of this:

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    it's funny reading co-op patch notes. virtually everything is always a buff. not to say that's bad but it is just kinda bizarre after playing the competitive side of things for years

re: pylon show

i like this podcast. production quality issues aside (artosis' mic still cutting out) it is entertaining. although i personally don't have much of an opinion on most topics they discuss since either 1) i didn't see/experience the thing they are discussing so i have no frame of reference 2) i am just trusting their authority on the subject

i do envy their relationship with blizzard. every time i hear incontrol say "oh yeah i talked to the team at blizzard" i just think wow wtf. in reality i understand that's a result of cultivating a multiyear relationship and being a major icon of the scene. but still that's fucking cool

edit: didn't know that catz got into the casting game. he is doing WCS challenger right now

WingedWeasel on
  • RobesRobes Registered User regular
    Nationwars concluded this weekend. At this point, they should just call it Innovation vs the World as he has rekt that past few seasons of it. It was still a great finals though. Would suggest watching the VODs if you haven't seen it.

First time I've seen a packed audience for StarCraft 2 in awhile.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • CauldCauld Registered User regular
    Robes wrote: »
    Nationwars concluded this weekend. At this point, they should just call it Innovation vs the World as he has rekt that past few seasons of it. It was still a great finals though. Would suggest watching the VODs if you haven't seen it.

First time I've seen a packed audience for StarCraft 2 in awhile.

I didn't get to watch much of Nationwars, but what I saw was very entertaining.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I kind of want Scarlett to win a major championship on the back of the most disgusting cheeses imaginable just to feed off of all the angry tears.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Fuck.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Damn, that sucks....

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    WCS going on right now with MC casting some, I know that gets folks excited :D especially @MMMig

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    MC's just playing now. On Rifkin's account.

Edit: MMA is trying to coach MC as Terran now. Mostly just saying, "Control! Control!!! Ahhhhh!"

hippofant on
    edited June 2018
    Brody wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I don't expect too much excitement over this considering the general participation in this thread but I gotta mention...

Artosis and iNcontroL are doing a talk show called The Pylon Show. they stream on twitch but *** they're also releasing it as a podcast ***. I'm glad to have something like this period but the fact that I can subscribe to it and listen through my podcast app while I drive adds a whole lot for me so I wanted to make sure everyone knows.

definitely going to check this out. the recent trend of "podcasts" that are video content has been incredibly unfortunate.

I'm actually not sure what Artosis looks like, so I don't know how much I'm going to miss out on not having a camera.

looking through my starcraft picture folder because I know I have some of Artosis

...turns out I have a shitload of Artosis pics from various humorous threads over the years (also tons of hilarious non-artosis photoshops mostly targeting ludicrously specific jokes from back in eras pat. gonna post one where he looks the most normal so you know.

artosis is on the left, apollo on the right:
    AL0vHzY.jpg?dl=0

Variable on
    This coaching session is one of the greatest things I've ever watched

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    This coaching session is one of the greatest things I've ever watched

You said gas! No say gas, you say GET GAS!

hippofant on
    as the WCS no-Koreans tournament is going on, GSL is starting up too with one hell of a fun group (SoS, Byun, Gumiho, and Stats)

this fucking mutator is brutal. got like 100,000 zealots coming into my base casting psi-storm, point defense drone, and whatever alarak's damn ascendant's cast

kinda want to try out zagara now with these buffs:
    patch 4.40
    CO-OP MISSIONS
    New Co-op Mission: Cradle of Death
    Inspired by one of the top placing entries in Rock the Cabinet, created by 'TheSkunk'
    Learn more about the new mission in our blog.
    Alarak

War Prisms now drop their cargo if they are destroyed.
    Abathur, Kerrigan, Zagara

Pneumatized Carapace research cost decreased from 100/100 to 50/50.
    Overlords with the Ventral Sacs upgrade now drop their cargo if they are destroyed.
    Abathur, Kerrigan, Stukov, Zagara

After Pneumatized Carapace is researched, Overlord movement speed increased to 3.38, up from 1.88.
    After Pneumatized Carapace is researched, Overlord acceleration increased from 1.0625 to 2.125.
    Kerrigan

Omega Worms are now detectors.
    Resource Drops from Assimilation Aura can now be picked up by air units.
    Mutalisk range increased from 3 to 5.
    The Mutalisk's Vicious Glaive will now increase each Glaive's search radius from 3 to 5. It previously increased it to 4.
    The Mutalisk's Sundering Glaive upgrade renamed to the Severing Glaive upgrade.
    Each subsequent bounce of the Mutalisk's attack now deals 10% additional damage.
    Brood Lords will now always attack with two Broodlings, up from two with the first attack and one with each subsequent attack.
    The Porous Cartilage upgrade now increases the acceleration of Brood Lords from 1.0625 to 1.875 in addition to the current functionality.
    Prolonged Mutating Carapace Mastery replaced with Primary Ability Damage and Attack Speed Mastery.
    Increases the damage of Kerrigan's Leaping Strike and Psionic Shift and Kerrigan's attack speed by 1% per point, up to a maximum of 30%.
    Zagara

Zagara's Respawn time decreased from 120 seconds to 60 seconds.
    Medusa Blades damage increased from 10 damage to 50% of Zagara's weapon damage.
    Mass Frenzy Cooldown decreased from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
    Sustained Frenzy Mastery replaced with Intensified Frenzy Mastery.
    Increases the attack and movement speed bonuses given by 1.5% per point up to a maximum of 45%.
    Roaches from Infested Drop movement speed increased from 2.25 to 3.
    Zerg Melee Attacks upgrades renamed to Zerg Ground Attacks.
    This upgrade now benefits Zagara's Queens, Hunter Killers, and Roaches in addition to its current functionality.
    Banelings now receive +4 (+8 vs Structures) damage with each Zerg Ground Attack, up from +4 (+5 vs Structures).
    Scourge now receive +11 damage for each Flyer Attack upgrade, up from +5.
    Zagara's Level 1 talent, Relentless Swarmer, now reduces the supply of Queens from 2 to 1 in addition to its current functionality.
    Zagara's Zergling Evasion percent chance increased from 0.5% to 1.5%.
    Maximum bonuses increased from 15% to 45%.
    The Abberation's Protective Cover now reduces all damage dealt to units under its cover by 50%.
    Abberation now receive +2(+4 vs armored) damage with each Zerg Ground attack, up from +2(+3 vs armored).
    Zagara's level 8 upgrade, Incubate Banelings renamed to Incubate Banelings and Scourge.
    Now has the following additional functionality: Corruptors spawn 2 Scourge when killed.
    The damage bonus provided by Corruption is increased from 20% to 35%.
    Corruption cooldown decreased from 45 to 15.
    Corruptor damage changed from 14 (20 vs Massive) to 14 (28 vs Armored).
    Corruptors now receive +1 (+3 vs Armored) damage for each Flyer Attack upgrade, changed from +1 (+2 vs Massive).
    Corruptor movement speed increased from 2.9531 to 3.375.
    Corruptor acceleration speed increased from 2.625 to 3.
    Corruptor Parasite Spore weapon damage point changed from .1670 to .0625.
    The Bile Launchers' Bombardment ability has been reworked.
    Now constantly bombards a target area repeatedly instead of only attacking it once per command.
    Bile Launchers can now target areas in the fog of war.
    The Bile Launcher's Artillery Ducts upgrade now provides 9 additional range (22 total), up from 7 (20 total.)
    Baneling Spawn cargo space reduced from 2 to 1.
    Nova

Hellbat Ranger HP increased from 345 to 550.
    Hellion Ranger HP increased from 230 to 300.
    Research Jump Jet Assault cost increased from 50/50 to 75/75.
    Jump Jet Assault research time increased from 30 to 45.
    Jump Jet Assault stun duration increased from 0.5 seconds to 2 seconds.
    Jump Jet Assault now provides Hellbat Rangers +4 armor for 5 seconds in addition to its current functionality.
    Jump Jet Assault is now an autocast ability with a cooldown of 5 seconds, up from 0 seconds.
    Jump Jet Assault range decreased from 6 to 3.
    The Marauder Commando's Magrail Munitions ability damage increased from 45 to 90.
    Covert Banshee cost decreased from 750/500 to 700/375.
    The Covert Banshee's Rocket Barrage is reworked to be an autocast ability.
    Rocket Barrage range increased from 6 to 7.
    Rocket Barrage damage decreased from 150 to 75.
    Rocket Barrage cooldown decreased from 60 to 15.
    Nuke and Holo Decoy Cooldown Mastery bonuses increased from 1 second (30 total) per point to 3 seconds per point (90 seconds total).
    Nova's Attack Speed Mastery replaced with Nova Primary Ability Improvement Mastery.
    Now increases the ability damage and absorption of Nova's primary abilities by 1.67% per point, up to a maximum of 50%.
    Abilities affected include Snipe, Sabotage Drone, Penetrating Blast, and Blink.

i sincerely hope when warcraft 4 happens that they make competitive co-op as the multiplayer go to. i love the hero system but i think the co-op model opens up so many fun things. nightmare to balance but it would be awesome. i can already see stukov's stuff working for the lich king/the forsaken/the ebon blade/whatever just make the graveyard or whatever they want to call it the town hall. any of the otherwordly factions (ala the burning legion...assuming they still exist) can utilize something like nova's calldown system. just lots of potential. i love co-op

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Warcraft 4: Orcs in Space

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    I like the new co-op map I think but holy shit any mutators there will be catastrophic. There is just so much shit to go through. But it kinda "fixes" that new protoss rogue AI map since instead of an NPC you get another unit

watching valencia and rotterdam + nathanias have to explain to incontrol that "clown fiesta" is not something rotterdam made up on the spot

haha, I didn't see most of the day but I did catch that interaction

wanna post a really great GSL group since this thread is somewhat bumped. I mean, they're all great but there's a reason I'm not sharing the group with Maru or the group with Innovation (my favorite Terrans, both of whom successfully reached the ro16) but rather the group with a 16 year old Italian zerg player... I'll let you all guess why it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPR7ivxt4II

• CauldCauld Registered User regular
    I watched those vods. They're a lot of fun. Also, the same guy is competing at Valencia right now.

• HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Holy moly that last Classic vs Reynor game was some grade A Starcraft. A blitz of overwhelming harassment from fast units vs a heavy ball of immortals and templar. Everything ZvP should be.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
    happy 8th anniversary! if you log in there's some fun stuff going on (new bases set off fireworks. not sure what else as of yet, that may be it)

but you get an achievement so I felt maybe that warranted a post

while I'm here, GSL vs. The World soon which is all but designed to have some foreigners get far. extra nice to have it at the same time as a foreigner reaches ro16 in GSL. we may get Maru (winner of the first 2 GSLs of 2018) vs Serral (winner of virtually every tournament outside of Korea this year) in the finals (I believe the bracket is set up that if they fight that's where it will be)

<3 !

i'm kinda excited for gsl vs the world. doubt ill get to watch it though /sadface

they do put everything on youtube

oh definitely. i meant live. i'll have to just avoid spoilers

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It's a small thing but the title screen no longer cycles through different backgrounds and characters. When I first installed it, the title screen was randomly chosen. Halfway into the Terran campaign, if always defaults to Jim Renar's bar. How do I set it to Random again?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @WingedWeasel I thought I had you on btag but I don't. We should play some co-op. I've got a week until the WoW expansion, and I'm bored of just grinding non-mutators, and I don't want to do mutators without voice comms or at least someone who will follow a plan.

I'm keen to play sometime roughly ~10-11hrs from the time of this post.

Dhalphir on
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    @WingedWeasel I thought I had you on btag but I don't. We should play some co-op. I've got a week until the WoW expansion, and I'm bored of just grinding non-mutators, and I don't want to do mutators without voice comms or at least someone who will follow a plan.

I'm keen to play sometime roughly ~10-11hrs from the time of this post.

I've been at Gencon but I usually log in to do at least the mutator once a week so definitely! I know @CareerKnight does the mutators religiously as well

they really ought to change Hard coop to be the same game speed as Brutal. Sometimes I don't feel like trying a Brutal Mutator and just want something a bit cruisier, but I just can't stand playing on the slower game speed.

I think the Purifier Beam mutation this week is actually more annoying than everything being cloaked.

mdy01wwmwcxi.png

so zerggirl has been doing co-op teaching/training with a variety of pros. i tuned in when she was playing with rotterdam and then catz. there were a few people in chat who were wondering if this was the first time catz ever played starcraft since he seemed so confused. it was pretty entertaining.

I didn't even know there was a co-op streamer. Link?

i dunno if she does co-op a lot or not, this may have been some sort of promotional event? i know zombiegrub does co-op occasionally. i think zerggirl mentioned that she would be doing more co-op today, below is the video i was watching yesterday

Despite wishing for not-polarity and not-propagators naturally those are the fucking mutators I got on try 1 this week. Even worse we almost had it! But a stray prop snowballed into a billion. I don't get why banelings can be converted but apparently they can. I tried slamming a ton of them into the horde but alas didn't work.

That was the closest I've come because...well let's say it just hasn't gone well