As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome Back, Did I miss anything?

RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000Administrator, ClubPA admin
All forums should be re-opened, now. The shared Christmas forum shall soon be closed. Is there anything I missed? Anywhere people still cannot see or post?

Ramius on

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    is there anyway to view (read: copy / quote) posts from the christmas threads? i only just wrote up a big secret satan thankyou and i wouldn't mind posting it again in se++

(ps thanks again pipe)

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited December 2007
    yah, I've reopened it for a while so it can be read but not posted in. I'll close it up for good in a few hours.

Ramius on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damn, I actually quite enjoyed all the forum in one place.

Oh well, good times now passed. Merry Christmas Ramius.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    BTW, all, that was some pretty impressive foruming. I'm happy with all of you for behaving so well, and I'm amazed at the traffic level that was maintained throughout the holiday. Most of the times I looked, we were at over 400 forumers browsing the forum. Over the ~48 hours that the Christmas forum was open, you all posted more than 18,000 times, for an average of something like 6.25 posts per minute.

18,000 posts, and I think we threw about a dozen infractions, at the most. That's nice. You guys rock.

Happy holidays, everyone.

Ramius on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Are you going to archive it?

There's some quality stuff in there.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ramius wrote: »
    Over the ~48 hours that the Christmas forum was open, you all posted more than 18,000 times, for an average of something like 6.25 posts per minute.
    Jesus, so much for spending time with our families :P

By the by, can we request any threads to be moved out of the Christmas forum for continued discussion at all? I'd love to see if there's anything more we can get out of the Loot Thread :)

Rohaq on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I actually really enjoyed that. Some good discussions. It seems like some popular threads/conversations should be moved out. They'll be sorely missed. It was kind of a shock at first, but somehow everyone blended pretty well.

Between spider attacks, church milfs, movie talk, awesome holiday gifts (and discussion thereof), and strangely decent religious conversations, I think it was a pretty successful Christmas.

I have to give some kind of thanks to all the posters that made the holidays that much cooler.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    edited December 2007
    Rohaq wrote: »
    By the by, can we request any threads to be moved out of the Christmas forum for continued discussion at all?

I hadn't planned on it, but if you bring it up nicely with your district moderator, they might be able to take care of it for you.

Ramius on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    You forgot to reshow Linksville, but other than that thanks for the togetherness forum Ramius!

Obbi on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    it was a ton of fun

although i regret breaking vague rules, it was pretty rocking

thanks, ramius

Projeck on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    a dozen infractions.

ten of which where for a lacking in christmas spirit.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Obbi wrote: »
    You forgot to reshow Linksville, but other than that thanks for the togetherness forum Ramius!

I see what this guy did there.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I was a bit scared of the place at first, but once I figured out that you didn't neeeeeeeeed to stick ontopic it wasn't all that bad.

Plus, editing people's avatars to get the needed level of holiday cheer was a perfect way to dust off my photoshop skillz. :D

Aldo on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I go away for a few days, and miss all the fun :(

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ramius wrote: »
    BTW, all, that was some pretty impressive foruming. I'm happy with all of you for behaving so well, and I'm amazed at the traffic level that was maintained throughout the holiday. Most of the times I looked, we were at over 400 forumers browsing the forum. Over the ~48 hours that the Christmas forum was open, you all posted more than 18,000 times, for an average of something like 6.25 posts per minute.

18,000 posts, and I think we threw about a dozen infractions, at the most. That's nice. You guys rock.

Happy holidays, everyone.
    Clearly the mods weren't being vindictive enough. The holidays have no doubt made them soft and weak.

Hacksaw on