As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Cloud is also back, and came for your... wallet.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    4* Ticket gave me Basch.

So that's nice.

Pull more?

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    I don't see how terrarat keeps doing so much damage after breaks. with even 30% break on he's still hitting people for over 3k damage and ends up one shotting some characters with 6k health. I've spent over 160 energy pounding my head against this fight. It shouldn't be that hard but it seems cover never goes off often enough.

i've alternated wilhelm and wol, with mystea, ayaka, ang, minfilia/rem, and friend unit. Best i've done is turn 10 down to 60% and then up and died.

I can't tell if I'm doing rotations wrong or something else is going on.
    I could put up an evasion WoL for you. Then you can just focus on breaking his MAG and buffing SPR. There are several videos on Youtube now with budget clears and really good descriptions of the turns.

Tiphares on
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    4* Ticket gave me Basch.

So that's nice.

Pull more?

OMG this banner. I don't know why it's still affecting me. Maybe because 3/4 of the characters are amazing and the fourth is still decent? Even after everything yesterday and getting Ramza/MrMustache/GladePlugin, I still want to pull. I need help guys. But. I. Mean. I could still get Basch! And if I got more dupes, it'd just be nice to have 7* options, right? Right?!

I'm probably done pulling, but that little voice inside is driving me insane.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
    I don't have a decent provoke tank yet, and half of the banner gives me just that. I'm so tempted to pull, but I barely have any resources left and it's basically a miracle that I got Basch at all. So, unfortunately, no. Gotta save up for Nichol and Hyou. And who knows, Randi might show up.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Threw 20 tickets at the banner, got all blues and two golds from the two 4* tickets. Expectations: met.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I've got 10% Cloud, 5% Elfreeda, and 4% all so far. Bah!

Oh man if they do a step up banner with Randi then I'm screwed.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

They did in JP so fingers crossed?

Magus` wrote: »

They did in JP so fingers crossed?

I know what I'm hoarding for then!

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    It was well after 7* was announced. Probably midway between Hyou and where JP is now. So thats a good long while of hoarding.

Me? Unless they pull a Basch Im not seeing Ultima til March. Lets goooo (Ill still pull for Nichol and Hyou and Elly who am I kidding)

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I can't imagine we'll see the Xenogears crossover for GL, much as I would absolutely love to see it (it's the single best step-up format they've ever had, doing all the steps allowed you to select the banner 5* you wanted). Elly is so, so good.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I've tried the rat five times now. Got him down to 2% once, ran out of MP. Every other time he's hit me with giganto tail three or four times each round, killing my DPS and supports.

This trial is no joke.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Halfmex wrote: »
    I can't imagine we'll see the Xenogears crossover for GL, much as I would absolutely love to see it (it's the single best step-up format they've ever had, doing all the steps allowed you to select the banner 5* you wanted). Elly is so, so good.

Elly chains with TTerra and Ultima. You have no idea how badly I want that trifecta.

edited June 2018
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I've tried the rat five times now. Got him down to 2% once, ran out of MP. Every other time he's hit me with giganto tail three or four times each round, killing my DPS and supports.

This trial is no joke.

??

Mystea using her magic cover, her self-DM, and her AoE status ailment resist.

WoL provoking while equipped with death resist.

CG Lid breaking Atk and Mag.

All units equipped for HP and Spr (though I'm now thinking Def would have been better).

Rat did barely any damage.

Huh, looking back, I think CG Lid is what made this fight easy. Those breaks are pretty crazy. That said, there are plenty of 45% and 50% breaks out there. WoL could have taken over for CG Lid entirely, opening up a spot for AoE DM, physical DM, a bard, or AoE reraise.

[edit] Does he get harder after crossing thresholds? Because after about 15 turns farming crystals for the Ifrit mission, I killed the Rat in 2 turns using Fryevia chains (with 150% beast-killer) and CG Lid breaks. I may just have skipped the hard part.

TeaSpoon on

This trial is no joke.

What unit do you need? We'll help you out.

You know, I forgot about Barbariccia's TMR. And Ifrit has 125% beast killer. So I actually had 225% beast killer and I could have had 275% beast killer.

edited June 2018
    Yes, the lower the bosses health, the more damage it does. Any strong DPS with stacked beast killers should be able to chain kill him within a few turns. Best to chip him down to 60% and then OTK him - dispel, break, buff, and burn.

@Shadowfire what unit is your primary DPS? I can setup Fry, Tidus, Seph, Christine, or Barb to help.

Tiphares on

This trial is no joke.

What unit do you need? We'll help you out.

Yup. Do you want a Lid? Basch? Fry?

So here's the team I've been using:

Wilhelm - Around 12k HP and 800 DEF. Impregnable, Primal Instincts, laugh.
    Basch - 9k HP, 700 SPR. Simple rotation: Twilight -> Arms Eraser -> Guard
    Marie - 6k HP, there to provide ailment immunity and regen. Has the Healing Staff to drop emergency heals.
    Ayaka - Reraise and heals, but mostly for unstopping Wilhelm.
    TTerra + friend TTerra for DPS.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to beat it with that team, but the asshole will do 3x tails and end up hitting TTerra for 2k+ per hit. Even with the ATK/MAG break and mitigation up, TTerra is just flattened. And if I can't keep her up, I can't activate her.

It's all RNG, I think. I did have the fight that I got the guy down to 2% before running out of mana and everyone dying. He takes so little damage even with chaining that it takes a long time, and I didn't have room for a battery in my build.

Dont be afraid to let Wilhelm be stopped for a turn if you need it to have Ayaka do her 99MP MP heal. Im pretty sure(?) Impregnable is still in effect while Stopped

Either that or my Moogle Plushie was REALLY clutch on those turns.

Or switch out Marie for a battery, the only status thing he does is Paralyze, you could keep a Ribbon on Basch, Ayaka is already immune to it, throw some paralyze resist items/materia on everyone else if you need it.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Try swapping some of Wilhelms physical gear onto Basch and have him do Physical Cover instead of magic. Make sure Terra has a decent amount of SPR to then help with the magic attacks.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Did you pull Yan? Maybe use her and the Jade Moon pendant instead of Marie. Would get you 30% DM and some MP.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Physical cover is much more important than magic cover against Terrarat. His magic attacks are much less plentiful and don't hit as hard. Now, he does have magic counters which I didn't have to deal with since I used physical/hybrid damage, so I dunno how hard those hit.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Yeah, use Dawn Guard. I had Liquid Metal Slime for my provoke tank and he just soaked all the magic.

• Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I used my only "good" party to slowly poke him to death*. WoL for breaks and cover, Noctis for support, Cloud as a finisher, Sephiroth as a small chainer and CG Fina as healer. I used a friend Ayaka to remove stop most of the time.

I was not able to kill it with magic, but I finally beat it.

Joe Camacho MKII on
    steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Swap Marie or Basch for Ramza or Lunera with something to block paralysis. Fixes mp issue, and the extra spirit buff should help with magic. Just be sure you still have a decent break available.

edited June 2018
    Actually. I would drop Marie for Mystea and use her Clear Veil. Also, give Mystea Cradle of Horns to buff DEF/SPR. That way everyone is immune to all status ailments and stop and Ayaka can focus on heals, raise, and MP restore.

Tiphares on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I did it with merc Ramza for his breaks, Fryevia, cloud, garnet, Roy, and friend Fryevia, because they were geared up. Stop hit whoever, but the breaks from merc Ramza and fry when needed were fine. Chain and finish, used Ramza's Ultima for the magic kill. 45% breaks or more are where it's at.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    So no provoke tanks, just a cover? I thought we needed both for this which is probably why I'm getting beat.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    If you can break both ATK and MAG 50% or better a physical cover tank is sufficient.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    A provoke tank can still be useful, unless your party are all immune to death or you've got an AoE reraise. Terrarat has a single target death move (according to the Gamepedia Heave is a 20% chance for death), so unless a unit is provoking with a Safety Bit or Genji Shield, you won't be able to tell who's going to get gibbed. Unless Heave is blockable with cover moves, in which case ignore me, I'm used to moves like that ignoring cover.

If your tank has both an AoE cover and a provoke they can handle it in their own. WoL and VotE can both AoE cover and provoke. If you have I.Nichol you can use Illusionist - Redirect on a provoke tank like WKN or Wilhelm. Or if you have a Moogle Plushie (Iris TM) and Provoke from Golem, a cover tank like Basch can do both (need Safety Bit, since Moogle Plushie is a shield). Gladiolus has a full taunt in his LB, but you'd have to be sure to have his LB up every three turns to keep it active. If I'd used Gladiolus, I probably would've done the Moogle Plushie + Provoke, but I did it with Wilhelm and I.Nichol.

Barring those, you can use two tanks, one cover and one provoke. Cover tank absorbs the damage and the provoke tank eats the death and stop attacks.

Zomro on
    edited June 2018
    I used a provoke tank with death immunity to tank the Rat's ST death effect.

The main thrust of the advice seems to be to switch to a physical cover tank and to offload Marie's role to someone else (or load everyone up with the necessary status ailment immunity) and filling her spot with someone more useful.

If your multiple tanks and damage mitigation and breaks still aren't enough to keep your team alive, maybe bring AoE reraise to the fight.

If you're having trouble doing enough damage, beast killers are your friend. The best thing about Hybrid damage is that both physical and magical killers apply. Next best is physical, because most magical killers also come with physical killer baked in, allowing you to use both. For magical beast killers we only have Ifrit's Beast Killer + and Barbariccia's TMR, bringing you to a total of 125%.

TeaSpoon on
    Zomro wrote: »
    A provoke tank can still be useful, unless your party are all immune to death or you've got an AoE reraise. Terrarat has a single target death move (according to the Gamepedia Heave is a 20% chance for death), so unless a unit is provoking with a Safety Bit or Genji Shield, you won't be able to tell who's going to get gibbed. Unless Heave is blockable with cover moves, in which case ignore me, I'm used to moves like that ignoring cover.

If your tank has both an AoE cover and a provoke they can handle it in their own. WoL and VotE can both AoE cover and provoke. If you have I.Nichol you can use Illusionist - Redirect on a provoke tank like WKN or Wilhelm. Or if you have a Moogle Plushie (Iris TM) and Provoke from Golem, a cover tank like Basch can do both (need Safety Bit, since Moogle Plushie is a shield). Gladiolus has a full taunt in his LB, but you'd have to be sure to have his LB up every three turns to keep it active. If I'd used Gladiolus, I probably would've done the Moogle Plushie + Provoke, but I did it with Wilhelm and I.Nichol.

Barring those, you can use two tanks, one cover and one provoke. Cover tank absorbs the damage and the provoke tank eats the death and stop attacks.

iNichol's redirect is unique among covers in that it triggers 100% of the time even with single target attacks. Meaning that it's essentially both a cover and a provoke, but only for physical attacks and I don't think ST attacks that aren't redirected benefit from cover DM. It's great for funneling all physical attacks to a full dodge unit.

Alright, switched out Marie for Mystea and did some cover tanking with Basch. Also booted TTerra for Sephiroth. With a friend Onion Knight.

That was way fucking easier. All missions down
    Used one of those tickets on the Cloud banner, got a rainbow!

CG Jake #2. Trollolol.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I really want to pull on the Cloud banner for a 4th elfreeda but it’s probably best to just wait, CG nichol is gotta be coming soon and i kind of want to pull 2 for future proofing.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Bah, got Alhena down to 17% and wiped. I need to generate some esper crystals.

Woohoo Alhena down. The fight wasn't too bad. His second form was rough. My strat for his first form was:

Heavenly Lid: Breaks and MP refresh.
    Garnet: fill evocation meter.
    Mystea: magic cover/spr boost if she survived the turn.
    Wilhelm: provoke/DM
    Ayaka: dual cast Curaja and Reraise on Mystea.

Repeated until I had full esper meter. Swapped out Mystea for my Randi (1600 atk DH). Power charge and the Wind attack (which did around 10% hp each turn).

On form 2 I kept my physical team in to eat the mp drain, I also dispelled and broke before swapping out to:

Fryevia: bread and butter attack
    Ramza: sing his heart out
    Barb: Dualcast Tornado
    Shantotto: Dualcast Tornado
    Garnet: Summon Bahamut.

Unfortunately I didn't get the esper kill somehow but this team took him from 49% to dead in one turn.

• JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    OMG, I finally got that damn rat down. Spent most of the day leveling up Basch and Timothy, went in with Mystea, Ang, Ayaka, and a friend noctis. was 100% evasion just in case.

Took me 63 rounds with only an occasional mess up (either I did a fish and noctis aint the death shot, or I misclicked and clear veil wasn't up for one turn, etc). Basch worked so much better than WoL in that fight for me. He got somewhat close to dying a couple of turn taking all the damage (he's at 7.7k health got down as low as 1k hp) but I never lost him.

I'm so glad that is over. I shall mark this team down if I decide to ever partake of this again.
    q7oy6eidff1t.png

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    Woohoo Sheratan down too. My highest SPR staff was 68 before that fight so the Holy Rod is an amazing boon.

Woohoo Alhena down. The fight wasn't too bad. His second form was rough. My strat for his first form was:

Heavenly Lid: Breaks and MP refresh.
    Garnet: fill evocation meter.
    Mystea: magic cover/spr boost if she survived the turn.
    Wilhelm: provoke/DM
    Ayaka: dual cast Curaja and Reraise on Mystea.

Repeated until I had full esper meter. Swapped out Mystea for my Randi (1600 atk DH). Power charge and the Wind attack (which did around 10% hp each turn).

On form 2 I kept my physical team in to eat the mp drain, I also dispelled and broke before swapping out to:

Fryevia: bread and butter attack
    Ramza: sing his heart out
    Barb: Dualcast Tornado
    Shantotto: Dualcast Tornado
    Garnet: Summon Bahamut.

Unfortunately I didn't get the esper kill somehow but this team took him from 49% to dead in one turn.
    I still need to do Alhena. I just don't need another spear at this time. I may do it this week if it's another off-week for content. I expect to see a MK currency grind event (FF IV) this week.