As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I'm excited for Exeggcutors dominating the gyms again.

• Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    It took me nearly two years to get a bloody Sandshrew, now I have to find another version?

Actually, on that - will we see some new evolution items for these mons? Sandslash needs an Ice Stone in the main games, but maybe they'll ignore that for Go.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Some of the evolutionary requirements are there, some aren't. But they could surprise us... I'm still not sure what the weird "technical requirements" preventing the last blob of third gens to show up are.

At any rate, I'm hoping for an Alola event that floods everywhere with them, otherwise I'm never going to get those ice types.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Some of the remaining Gen 3s are a bit weird, aren't they? Kecleon's ability might be hard to implement, and the Ninjask evolution gimmick might also cause some problems. A bit like why we still don't have Smeargle.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Took an extended lunch break and did 3 raids in half an hour today because the stars aligned with both raids popping and people available.

Caught one hooh (dex entry) and failed to catch another. Then threw poorly at tyrannitar so that got away, too. But I still got some TMs and candies so it's all good.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Mew get! 148/151

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I loaded the game up and it definitely feels different than when I quit several months ago. Unfortunately my workplace is barren with Pokemon and there aren't any stops in walking distance so I think I'm pretty hosed.

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Larvitar's featured in the next community day! June 16. Here's hoping the special move is dark.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    I'm at 149, just missing Tauros and Mr. Mime. I'm planning a trip to America in 3 years, so maybe I'll get it done then. Will have to go to Europe after that. :P

KafkaAU on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Larvitar's featured in the next community day! June 16. Here's hoping the special move is dark.

Apparently it's smackdown, a rock fast move (making tyrannitar the best rock attacker probably).

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Grobian wrote: »

Apparently it's smackdown, a rock fast move (making tyrannitar the best rock attacker probably).

Even with Rhyperior and Ramparos coming soon?

(Trick question, rhydons are more common that rattatas anyway, so it's probably better to keep your ttars as dark)

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    We don't know. Blast burn was nerfed in the last minute so things can change until we actually get our hands on it. And then of course it depends on what moves rhyperior gets when it is released.

For now it's just a good idea to get a couple rock tyrannitar.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Some of the evolutionary requirements are there, some aren't. But they could surprise us... I'm still not sure what the weird "technical requirements" preventing the last blob of third gens to show up are.

At any rate, I'm hoping for an Alola event that floods everywhere with them, otherwise I'm never going to get those ice types.

I suspect most Alolan forms will just be normal evolutions. "Stone" Evolutions like Fire Stone Water Stone etc. haven't required any special items so far, and I can't imagine they will in the future. Any Alolan Sandshrew you catch will probably evolve into Alolan Sandslash, no hijinks involved.

The real tricky ones will be Exeggcute, Cubone, Pikachu, etc., who have their normal base forms but Alolan evolutions. They might add some sort of item requirement to these Pokemon, or maybe make it Weather dependent (Sunny Weather triggers Alolan evolution).

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    (Trick question, rhydons are more common that rattatas anyway)
    We must not live in the same area

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options

If that's true, thhhhpt. I needs me more darkness.

• Options

If that's true, thhhhpt. I needs me more darkness.

Chinese and Japanese announcement accidentally contained the name of the special CD move.

also @spoit if Rampardos/Thyperior get the same moves (Smackdown/Stone Edge) then Rampardos has more dps and less bulk than Tyrannitar, while Rhyperior is the other way around. If e.g. Rhyperior gets Smackdown/Rock Slide then it's just straight better than Tyrannitar. So it all depends.

• Options
    There's a multiple rare candy to one pokemon button now!

• Options
    New event, starting in a few hours! It's adventure-themed, assuming you take rock-type Pokemon to be more adventurous than others. (They'll be more common.) You'll also get 4X walking distance for buddy candy, and bonus XP from Pokestop spins... up to 10X for ones you haven't spun before.

• Options
    Went out for a walk just now and got a bunch of Adventure Week research tasks - spin two Pokestops you haven't visited before, hatch 3 eggs, earn 3 candy walking with a buddy, that kind of thing. All labelled "Adventure Week". I like this in theory, but it did mean it took me a while to find an easy task for tomorrow's daily stamp.

• Options
    Spun a stop I hadn't been to before and got 2,100 XP. Nice!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I wish I could stop hatching porygon eggs

• Options
    I wish I could stop hatching porygon eggs

hey

shut up

in an unrelated question, are potions ever going to drop again? In the past week I can't count how many gyms and stops I've hit and not a single potion. I have 12 pokes waiting to get healed =/

• Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    I'm only lvl 24, but I finally got my first 100% mon, an Aron, from a hatched egg.

• Options
    My first 100% mon was an Aron too, when I was maybe level 30. Don’t think I’ve had another 100% since then.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Hmph. All my 100%’s are Porygon hatchlings. And I still haven’t found even a single shiny Magikarp…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Went to some parks I hadn't been to and popped a lucky egg, got 4200 xp per spin for stops I hadn't visited before. Went from level 24 to 25 in a day! Now to just catch one more ghost pokemon. And get like 150 more magikarp candy.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    And get like 150 more magikarp candy.

Currently walking your buddy produces candy 4x faster, so you can set a magikarp as your buddy and get a candy every 250m, which does add up pretty quick.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alolan Exeggutor is out. Just a form of normal Exeggutor. It's sunny and they are everywhere.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Alolan Exeggutor is out. Just a form of normal Exeggutor. It's sunny and they are everywhere.

Yeah, and the weather boosted CP is already in the 2ks, even without a super high level one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "just a form" is selling it a bit short. It does have different typing, different moves and slightly different stats.

Probably no use as a dragon type but better than normal exeggutor as a grass type.

Also an easy way to get the gold dragon badge right now.

• Options
    Hope they differentiate it more from the normal Exeggcutors; I can't put giant trees in gyms that have the normal ones in there :(

• Options
    In case you missed it, you'll be able to transfer the Kanto Pokemon you captured in Go into the new Let's Go game for Switch, and that new pokeball controller can apparently also be used as a Plus device.

• Options
    oh boy, another game where I don't get 'X' pokemon for no good reason!

• Options
    "just a form" is selling it a bit short. It does have different typing, different moves and slightly different stats.

Probably no use as a dragon type but better than normal exeggutor as a grass type.

Also an easy way to get the gold dragon badge right now.
    discrider wrote: »
    Hope they differentiate it more from the normal Exeggcutors; I can't put giant trees in gyms that have the normal ones in there :(

Yes, this is my "just a form" reasoning. And no bonus exp for a first catch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    ah shucks I didn't get a shiny for this event
    I did get an Articuno, which is great. I wonder if they'll just rotate among the Gen 1 legendary birds for the monthly quests

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    I did get an Articuno, which is great. I wonder if they'll just rotate among the Gen 1 legendary birds for the monthly quests

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it rotating through trios (Birds, Beasts, Regis), I don't feel like these quests give you such an abundance of any given legendary that it would break the game. If you time it perfectly you can get 5 of anything in a month, whereas I know people in my town who get 5 Ho-Ohs a day.

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they kept it rotating through trios (Birds, Beasts, Regis), I don't feel like these quests give you such an abundance of any given legendary that it would break the game. If you time it perfectly you can get 5 of anything in a month, whereas I know people in my town who get 5 Ho-Ohs a day.

Beasts seem likely but regis are only due as raid bosses next. So I don't know if they aren't too soon as research rewards in october. But otoh what else is there after the precedent whith the birds? Any non legendaries would feel bad.

Pogo turns two soon, wonder what they'll do for that milestone. (apart from safari zones)

• Options
    TDawg wrote: »

Beasts seem likely but regis are only due as raid bosses next. So I don't know if they aren't too soon as research rewards in october. But otoh what else is there after the precedent whith the birds? Any non legendaries would feel bad.

Pogo turns two soon, wonder what they'll do for that milestone. (apart from safari zones)

I said that assuming that by the time the Regi Rotation might come around, they'd already made their Raid Debut. It would be a quick transition but not a huge deal.

I could also see some 4* raid bosses being decent rewards- I'd love an extra Tyranitar or two, or an extra way to get Absol. In my area, these raid bosses are actually harder to fight than the legendaries because people are less likely to cough up the raid pass for them.

• Options
    Has anyone got a potion recently?

I haven't spun a single healing item in weeks

I'm not counting revives though as I have dozens of them