As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Anybody interested, or can we move on? @discrider @MrBody

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I get the feeling MrBody was interested in getting TG and then getting the VP for himself.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Nah, go ahead

• Options
    [marquee]hmmmmmm...[/marquee]
    (This is obv a tag that exists)

• Options
    Any deal made isn't binding.

• Options
    @Hedgethorn How about 3TG, your trade note, and an agreement to not pillage us until after Trade has been played again (i.e. including not during the action in which Trade is next played)?

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Alright, just move on then.

Thinking about Ketar's offer.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    On second thought, I'll just lose the point. Not interested after all, @Ketar.

I don't know whose turn it is now. Creuss, maybe?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I believe it is your turn. Oh wait, you passed didn't you. This round, like the agenda phase, never ends.

Ketar on
  • Options
  • Options
    Winnu had indicated a prospective pass earlier @discrider

If that is still the case, then it is @MrBody

• Options
    (to be plain, I was also deeply considering your offer @Hedgethorn but not being able to get the goods until after the Sabotage was scaring me away)

• Options
    In the end it opens my plays up a little -- I passed on a couple aggressive moves that round to avoid possibly losing a combat and giving away a point inadvertently.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Any deal made isn't binding.

This is a dumb reason to not sabotage.
    Who is going to sabotage an Agenda phase card?
    Every other card is going to happen in not-the-payee's turn.
    Gee.

@MrBody 's action

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Activate home system. Exhaust both remaining planets for 6R.
    Build 2 carriers + 4 infantry.
    Sarween Tools and 3 TG to cover remaining cost.

Oops, forgot carriers only cost 3 and not 4. Same as above but only spend 1 TG.

T/F/S: 0/4/2
    C/T/A: 0/5/7

Not sure who's next?

MrBody on
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @Preda for more ACocolypse
    Perhaps just AClypse

discrider on
  • Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    No more AC to play, PASS

Should be back to @MrBody to finish turn as the only one left.

• Options
    PASS

• Options
    Yayy Status Phase

• Options
    Claim Modernise Weaponry - Have two unit upgrades - 1 VP
    and Claim SO Become the Gatekeeper - 1 VP But don't use a Creuss token, or teleport via MR, nooo you have to suicide into a Dreadnought with a Cruiser and Destroyer

@Ketar @Hedgethorn @Mojo_Jojo @Preda @MrBody

• Options
    @MrBody to place a wormhole counter too.
    I probably should have waited? But meh, I think that SO was made plain.

• Options
    Probably should @MrBlarney too

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Claim Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.

I'm reasonably sure I need to discard them face up, but I've been wrong several times before so I'll hang on for confirmation. The rules reference doesn't mention it under action cards and there is no discard section

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Claim Modernize Weaponry for 1 vp.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I'm reasonably sure I need to discard them face up, but I've been wrong several times before so I'll hang on for confirmation. The rules reference doesn't mention it under action cards and there is no discard section

Heh.
    You gotta eat them

(Rules say the AC is revealed when played but not anything I can see about the discard pile)

• Options
    Claim Modernize Weaponry for 1 vp.

• Options

All action card discards are face up.

• Options
    Claim absolutely nothing.

• Options
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait

• Options
    Seeing it's a three-way tie, I propose a N'orr/Mentak/Winnu alliance, where you two go pirating together, we do all the paperwork, and we just settle this whole nasty war business right now.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular

I'm going to rule that they should be discarded face up, just like how cards have been revealed when discarded due to going over the hand limit. Status update in a little bit, for all the good that will do.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Round 5: Start of Status Phase

The Ghosts of Creuss: Play Action Card "Ghost Ship", placing 1 Destroyer in the Creuss Gate system. (AC 7 --> 6)
    Sardakk N'orr: Play Action Card "Cripple Defenses", destroying 1 PDS on Mecatol Rex. (AC 6 --> 5)
    The Mentak Coalition: Pass turn.
    The Barony of Letnev: Pass turn.
    The Winnu: Perform transaction, giving promissory note "Political Secret" to Letnev in exchange for their racial promissory note, "War Funding".
    Activate the Beta Wormhole system. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Play Action Card "Lost Star Chart", linking systems with alpha and beta wormhole systems for the remainder of the action. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Move in 1 Cruiser from Thibah and 1 Destroyer from the Winnu Home System.
    During space combat, Winnu expends Letnev's racial promissory note "War Funding" and loses 1 Destroyer while N'orr loses 1 Dreadnought; combat resolves in favor of Winnu.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Arinam-Meer system. (TP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Carrier, 2 Fighters, and 2 Infantry from New Albion-Starpoint and 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Fighter, and 1 Infantry from the Creuss Home System.
    Winnu Space Cannon Offense damages 1 Dreadnought and destroys 1 Fighter.
    Land 3 Infantry on Meer.
    Winnu Space Cannon Defense destroys 1 Infantry.
    Claim control of Meer; 1 Winnu PDS is destroyed.
    Sardakk N'orr: Play Action Card "Repeal Law", discarding "Shard of the Throne" from play. (N'orr AC 5 --> 4; Mentak VP 6 --> 5)
    The Winnu: Pass turn.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Activate the Creuss Home System. (TP 1 --> 0)
    Exhaust Bereg (3R), Starpoint (3R), 1 Trade Good (TG 5 --> 4), +1R from Sarween Tools to build 2 Carriers (6R) and 4 Infantry (2R) at Creuss.
    Sardakk N'orr: Pass turn.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: Pass turn.

Current Map: Round 5, Start of Status Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Sardakk N'orr - 6 VP
    The Mentak Coalition - 5 VP
    The Winnu - 4 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 3 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 3 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 2 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr, Mentak, Letnev
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss, N'orr, Naalu, Letnev, Mentak
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.: N'orr
    Revolutionize Warfare (2 VP): Own 3 unit upgrade technologies.
    4 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: 3 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 3 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Winnu: 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Mentak's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu.
    Winnu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    Imperial Rider (1 VP): Successful prediction by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu once (Round 4).

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Salvage Operations, Mirror Computing, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II, Space Dock II

Worlds:
    X - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    X - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    X - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    X - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 0

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    X - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    X - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 3

Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Ceasefire, Winnu's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Sarween Tools, Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    X - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    X - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    X - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    X - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    X - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    X - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    X - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    X - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    X - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 6

Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Wormhole Generator, Sarween Tools, Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    X - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    X - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    X - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    X - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    X - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 5

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne, Mentak's Promise of Protection (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, PDS II, Space Dock II

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    X - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Sakulag (Hazardous, 3R, 2I, Terraforming Initiative)
    X - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 4

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Mentak's Support for the Throne, Winnu's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    X - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    X - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    X - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    X - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    X - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    X - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    X - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    X - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Agenda Effects
    Terraforming Intiative - Attached to Sakulag. The resource and influence values of this planet are increased by 1.
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Winnu. After Winnu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 trade good for each player that is their neighbor.

Order of Play
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): (0) Technology
    The Winnu (discrider): (1) Leadership
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): (3) Politics
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): (4) Construction
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): (6) Warfare
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): (8) Imperial

All players may now each claim up to one Public Objective and one Secret Objective. Creuss may also make use of their Wormhole Generator racial technology.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    MrBlarney wrote: »

I'm going to rule that they should be discarded face up, just like how cards have been revealed when discarded due to going over the hand limit. Status update in a little bit, for all the good that will do.

Righty ho

Discard:
    Maneuvering Jets x2
    Flank Speed
    Fighter Prototype
    Tactical Bombardment

• Options
    B wormhole to Arinam

• Options
    Reveal Public Objective
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

All players draw 1 Action Card, excepting Naalu and N'orr who each draw 2 cards. Each player gains 2 Command Tokens for allocation, excepting Naalu who gains 3 tokens.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Two in tactics, one in strategy
    2/3/1

• Options
    +1/0/1

1/4/1

• Options
    1 in tactic, 1 in strategy
    1/3/1

• Options
    MrBody wrote: »
    +2 tactics for 2/4/2

• Options
    Two to Strategy. 2/3/2