As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget It Jake, It's [Gotham]

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Entering the back half of season 3 and I just want to give a quick, out of context rundown of shit that's happened so far on this show that boggles my mind because it's so much more bananas than I had anticipated when I watched the first couple of episodes and gave up on this show originally:
    Harvey Bullock is the god damn heart and soul of this show.
    Bruce Wayne has been kidnapped and replaced by a clone, unbeknownst to anyone.
    Jim Gordon is being recruited into the Court of Owls.
    Hugo Strange created an army of super villains.
    Penguin was almost killed but was brought back to life by the Riddler who was working for the GCPD and had just had a psychotic break after accidentally murdering his girlfriend.
    Penguin and Riddler like, almost fucked and I was pretty down for that.
    Riddler then murdered Penguin.
    But then Poison Ivy (who is actually like 12, but was turned into an adult by one of Hugo Strange's monsters who aged her up 10 years or so by touching her) rescued Penguin and brought him back to life with magic plants.
    Barbara Kean is basically the kingpin of the Gotham crime syndicate.

This show is so stupid and weird and I love it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Gotham is the most comic-booky of all the superhero shows.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yes.

Like, I didn't even mention that we can't even go 3 episodes without fuckin' ninjas.

minor incident on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    so I started watching this and I'm up to the ogre arc

I think this show is not good but I really like it?

also I'm not sure if I love or despise fish and penguin

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so I started watching this and I'm up to the ogre arc

I think this show is not good but I really like it?

also I'm not sure if I love or despise fish and penguin

Love penguin.

Hate fish.

Fuck Gordon

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

Legends of Tomorrow would like a word.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

Legends of Tomorrow would like a word.

it doesn't hold a candle to gotham in that vein.

legends doesn't have nearly the range or variety of comic book bullshit in a whole season that gotham will deliver in a single episode

it's got a shtick, for sure, but it never veers out of a single lane.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, LoT is a very entertaining kind of silly/dumb, but it doesn't try nearly half the bullshit that Gotham's had.

sig.gif
    Just finished S03E19 -

Okay, Gotham, it's super obvious that this old monk dude
    is going to be revealed to be Ra's al Ghul, so there's a whole lot riding on how you decide to pronounce his name once he actually says it.

Don't let me down here.

It's fun watching other people go through a show after you're current.

sig.gif
    never assume you know what gotham is going to do next

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

It is the true Wild Card television program.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    It's fun watching other people go through a show after you're current.

Vicariously reliving my favorite shows by following people on their first watch through is one of the true joys of life.

It is the true Wild Card television program.
    I still want
    Chelsea Spack to come back one more time as a girl that falls for Riddler only for her to die. One more makes it a running joke!

sig.gif
    Well, son of a bitch.

edited May 2018
    Okay, the flaming runaway train in the cold open of S03E21 is basically the best metaphor for Gotham yet.

minor incident on
    please tell me batmite eventually show up

Ok b d wong is here and it’s perfect

If there was a competition for who could play the hammiest evil, B.D. Wong won & continues to win it.

If there was a competition for who could play the hammiest evil, B.D. Wong won & continues to win it.

He basically just insists on one upping himself over and over. It's so good. I especially love the so-obviously-fake-it-has-to-be-on-purpose chinstrap beard.

what are you talking about

it's the realest looking beard i've ever seen

6vjsgrerts6r.png

what are you talking about

it's the realest looking beard i've ever seen

If he was in a late 90s Nu-Metal band, sure.

what about kenneth brannagh or chris waltz

so I just got to about the halfway point in S3 which i very obviously
    return of the joker

and this whole lee subplot is maybe the worst thing I have ever seen?

like, walking dead artificially inflated drama levels of garbage writing

please tell me this stops soon, or I'm just gonna drop this show that I really love

Lee is the best character on the show (as of end of season 4).

Season four released on Netflix this past Monday.

As such, our thread has new rules:

-- The first, second & third season are now completely open to discussion.
    -- The fourth season (and details regarding the upcoming fifth season) is still closed and all discussion should try to stay behind spoilers.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh shit! I can finally watch it

Just watched the season 4 premiere and I must say
    Yes... Yes... That was exactly what I wanted

I'm almost near the end of season 4 and it has been an insane tour of delights.

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    This show is so fucking bonkers and I love it. Currently in the middle of S2.

640qocnq4ske.gif
    Season 4 goes straight to bananas town and never leaves. It's amazing.

Season four is the purest adaptation of a Batman comic to film.

It is so god damn catoonish but they put in three years of world-building to allow anything they want now.

FROG IN A BLENDER!

edited October 2018
    Fucking A this season is amazing.

So far my two favorite bits
    Gordon killing Anubis by throwing the bone out of the window.

And

Bruce and Alfred looking at the old book and he sees a crude drawing of a guy with a beard, "THAT'S RAS AL GHUL! I KNOW IT."

Oh and a shout out to
    Frat bro, rich boy Bruce bidding at the auction.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    I finished the 4th season and obviously loved it all.

But my personal favorite moment was in episode 4-14 'Reunion.'
    My roommates & I were watching it and I started to ask, "You're telling me not one guy in that whole room doesn't try to bum-rush Ivy and pop her in the back of the head."

But I didn't get to say all of that because Alfred Pennyworth immediately tried to bum-rush Ivy and pop her in the back of the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igtXTlvR03I

He wasn't successful but it only solidified his top-place in my own Gotham power rankings.

Bruce is an insufferable little shit this season.

Who wants a trailer for the new season?

https://youtu.be/J1QWAnG4gu8

sig.gif
    A trailer for the last season of the best superhero TV show currently airing!?!

Yes please.

See, now they're just showing off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK6tHkw62Nw

sig.gif
    I'm wrapping up season 4 and... Barbara's overall character arc is ridiculous and I love it.