As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 19, 2018 - Why We’re Here

• XastionXastion Registered User regular
    I thought Adam recommended not to pledge to Katie’s Patreon since it’s being shut down. At least that’s what he mentioned on 3/20.

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Xastion wrote: »
    I thought Adam recommended not to pledge to Katie’s Patreon since it’s being shut down. At least that’s what he mentioned on 3/20.

That was prior to the article being dropped. They weren’t expecting people to support them over John K. and so they were going to take everything down for a while so they wouldn’t be harassed.
    For now, the Patreon is up (though one of the blogs says she’ll probably rearrange the reward tiers or maybe close it in the future). She’s been posting concept art of another comic she’d like to do and some special stuff that I think commenters here might like. Like a lot.

edited April 2018
    Ah, I see! Very cool. A bit sad that they’d think people would support a pedophile over them, but I get it. People have been known to support vile, disgusting people especially if they have emotional attachment to their work. I am glad that’s largely not the case! Glad to hear the Patreon is still going! I’ll have to look into it.

Xastion on
  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I can't believe that after all this time no one has mentioned that
    the library sign in panel four is misspelt!
    You went back and checked, didn't you?
    Gawd! I love lurk-o-lympics. :P

• SabariSabari Registered User regular
    *lurks unimpressively*

• vincentpvincentp Registered User new member
    Just started my pledge on Patreon, that $3 level is sure worth it right now!

• BrobBrob Registered User regular
    Points for Hajen... #Lurkolympics

• GraemGraem Registered User regular
    Hi. Finished reading all the pages a day ago or so. Realized that Katie was one of the two major people in the Buzzfeed article. So very sorry.

• StonefootStonefoot Registered User regular
    But then: Karma. Bill Cosby got three verdicts today: Guilty, guilty, and guilty.

Sleep "well" tonight, 'you-know-who'.

And regardless of anything else, remember Katie, there are a lot of us out here who have your back, whenever you need it.

(I can't say I just read all the comics.... I found Skadi a couple of months after it started, and have now been a fan since before the beginning of time. That would be May 7,2008?)

• MIJackelMIJackel Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    For those who are not on Katie's twitter, It sounds like she has been given a green light to share a little of her current project. From what she tweeted a reboot of the awesome WB cartoon with Yacko Wacko and Dot.

(returns to lurking, hopeful Katie is in good spirits and good company)

MIJackel on
    *lurks in the most uninteresting way possible*

What a looooong strange lurk it's beeen...
    ~Grateful Lurk~

• 0z700z70 Registered User regular
    BAH! Who gives a rat's ass!?
    .....I do. So... much...! *sniff*

• StonefootStonefoot Registered User regular
    I'll just say (I held back on this for almost a week, but I give up.): Knowing that the Animaniacs are coming back, and that Katie is involved, makes me
    Animaniacly happy!

Best line (from an episode where they were working with British intelligence, agent triple-O 7): "The name is Bond: Municiple Bond".

*plants self more permanently and lurks with increased patience*

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    If a lurker makes a sound in his dark corner, who will hear it?

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    I want to be able to tell people that I knew Katie Rice before the rest of the world knew Katie was cool.

Ilze123 wrote: »
    If a lurker makes a sound in his dark corner, who will hear it?

Other lurkers in their dark corners. *lurklurklurk*

Hey guys! They put up a new blog post that I completely missed until now:
    http://campcomic.com/news/post/time-for-an-update
    So Camp W is on an obvious hiatus right now, but recently we’ve had some people write and express concern about the comic being over. Hopefully we can help clear things up here.

The comic is not done. There is a zero percent chance that we never go back to it. It’s just that right now our lives aren’t in a place where we can devote the amount of time to it that we had in the past.

I mentioned on Twitter that I’ve gotten a new job as a storyboard director on the Animaniacs reboot. This is my first directing job, so it’s really hard for me to know how much free time I’ll have for personal projects (i.e. the Camp comic).

Adam and I are also lucky enough to be developing a whole ‘nother cartoon show! We’re in the pretty early stages, so we don’t have a ton we can share, but that’s going to take another big chunk of our time for the foreseeable future.

Between development and my new job, we’ve unfortunately had to put the comic more on the back burner than we ever anticipated.

But! believe me when I say that we really miss doing the comic and can’t wait for a time where we get to work on it again! (Even if that means I was fired from my job and our new show got passed on…)

Thanks everybody!

Thanks for the update Briguy, this will enable me to devote the proper amount of lurking into my daily routine. *Lurks contently*

thanks Briguy. How could I have missed it, in my dark corner where there is no light?

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    ::exits lurking::
    Thanks BriGuy.
    ::returns to state of lurk::

Still lurkin' after all of these years....

*wanders in absentmindedly*

Wait, what did I come in here for? Ah yes, I remember. I came to Lurk.

*Attempts to Lurk in an impressive manner, like how a Lurking Professional would*

Sabari: As Oliver remarked to Bruce in "The Dark Knight Returns": "Yeah, you always played mysterious. But it's a LOUD kind of mysterious, man."

Wait we're lurk quoting now? *Scrambles for a good one*
    "Love conquers all - except herpes."
    Well that could have gone better...will lurk harder next time.

edited May 2018
    Sabari: As Oliver remarked to Bruce in "The Dark Knight Returns": "Yeah, you always played mysterious. But it's a LOUD kind of mysterious, man."

*continues to lurk loudly and obnoxiously, which is probably not very professional*

Sabari on
    Now the world has gone to bed,
    Darkness won't engulf my head,
    I can see by infrared,
    How I hate the night.

-Marvin-

• DaminiDamini Registered User regular
    *lurks in quiet, bittersweet recollection*

Ooh is it time to lurk again?

So I was messing around with discord and made a server like all of the cool kids are doing. So uh, here it is unless Katie or Adam scream at me:
    https://discord.gg/NcWsDpn

Ah, community!

*sneaky birthday lurk*

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    We interrupt this lurk with an official L.U.R.K. message
    If this had been an actual lurking, citizens would have been advised to tune into their local L.U.R.K. station
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled lurking, which is already in progress

Lurking Until a Real Komik ( L.U.R.K. )

hajen on
    Knock knock
    Who's there?
    Lurk
    Lurk who?
    Lurker who hasn't had enough caffeine to come up with something witty this fine morning so curls back up and snores while lurking....snurking...

• CaptainMoroseCaptainMorose Registered User new member
    This comic is dead.

Oh, hardly dead. Just resting. As long as we keep looking here, and supporting Katie, Camp Weedonwantcha lives. Have a little faith, baby. Have a little faith.

I’ve seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain. Time to die.

But really guys. It’s only been a few months and they announced their intentions.
    It’ll be a while but I trust their desire to continue the story. If not. Well things happen and we got a few good years of a comic with beginning, middle and end. For free. All things considered, that’s a pretty good deal.

Yea, Adam had commented that the comic would take a break that would be like a break between television series seasons. You’ll have to delve to find it, but I recall I swear! And if we use that as a baseline it’s going to be about 7 to 8 months. They have a new, paying gig they’re working on, Briguy updates those of us who don’t follow Twitter, and it’s a great comic we read for free. The least we can do is give them the time to work on these new, paying endeavors that will allow them to thrive and grow. And if for some reason they decide not to return they didn’t leave a cliffhanger. That’s nice.

There's no need for naysayers here, just takes patience and lots of lurking. Be proto kid in the bushes...waiting....watching...lurking...