As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Judging purely based on how much time I played tonight, and where I ended up, I can determine two things

I'll probably be able to hit rank 50

Bungie is demanding a fucking preposterous amount of time for this shit

Eh, I don't think that grind is that bad. Like, yeah, you are gonna need to dedicate yourself to it, but it's like an hour and a bit a night every day and that's probably that. More then I think is reasonable given we've only got one shot at this but not terrible.

The ornament grind on the other hand may be kinda nasty. Some of these are like 25 Heroic PEs or a bunch of high-value target chests and it only starts counting after you've collected a full set which means you are gonna have to grind for a while just to be able to start grinding.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I have the chest and helm left to unlock. I 've already met the prerequisites so the only thing holding me back is rank

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    but it's like an hour and a bit a night every day and that's probably that.

By your own reckoning it takes 10 Heroic Public Events then lost Sectors per day (while wearing full faction armour).

That takes waaaaay longer than an hour "and a bit".

That's also dedicated time that you're not accomplishing anything else this week, like raiding.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Also theres a bit of a rich get richer thing here where the people who already have a full set of armor (or didn't break it down because previously it didn't actual DO anything) get bonuses

So for people who dont have a full set or any of a set are particularly screwed. Hope you kept the right stuff when culling your limited vault space. And if you want the ornaments, at that point you could just be completely RNG screwed and never get the full armor with which to even START progress on them

Wassermelone on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Also theres a bit of a rich get richer thing here where the people who already have a full set of armor (or didn't break it down because previously it didn't actual DO anything) get bonuses

So for people who dont have a full set or any of a set are particularly screwed. Hope you kept the right stuff when culling your limited vault space. And if you want the ornaments, at that point you could just be completely RNG screwed and never get the full armor with which to even START progress on them

It's especially dumb since the factions sold their full sets of armor last season.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    All renown has really done is find a way to make Lost Sectors even more boring. It's kind of impressive really.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    So far the only thing I wanted was the warlock bond which I got, and now I just need to unlock the ornament which I think is just a lost sector. The warlock armor doesn't look that great, IMO.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »

It's especially dumb since the factions sold their full sets of armor last season.

Them not selling it once it did a thing was a Big Dumb Move on Bungie's part. It fits in line with what they did to Zevala and stuff but his armor sets don't do anything (and drop everywhere.)

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited June 2018
    but it's like an hour and a bit a night every day and that's probably that.

By your own reckoning it takes 10 Heroic Public Events then lost Sectors per day (while wearing full faction armour).

That takes waaaaay longer than an hour "and a bit".

That's also dedicated time that you're not accomplishing anything else this week, like raiding.

Nah. If you have multiple characters it's like 1 round of H PE then LS per day per character, which should take well under an hour, followed by a bit more of something that generates tokens (which can be doing most of your milestones) to be on track for the day. That's easily within the "hour to 2 hours" window.

And I'm pretty sure the only thing you couldn't be accomplishing while you did this is, well, raiding.

I mean, yeah, you are gonna need to devote some amount of grinding time to it but not an insane amount. It's pretty doable if you play the game a good amount this week.

My whole point is that getting to that 1000 token mark is not an insane stretch, just a fairly standard grind for this week for someone who plays this game on a daily basis.

The ornaments are what is gonna fuck people.

shryke on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Glad I destroyed all my faction gear since I didnt have the any vault space for it and Bungie now gives that gear bonusses and removed the option to buy it outright at the same time.

Sirialis on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I wish I could toggle the renown system off. Maybe have it only activate while wearing a piece of faction armor?

It sure is annoying when I'm just working on regular patrols.

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I only have one character, so what I'm reading is something like 20 hours to get to rank 50?

So I probably won't do that, but whatever, maybe the catalyst will drop for me at some point anyways

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I only have one character, so what I'm reading is something like 20 hours to get to rank 50?

So I probably won't do that, but whatever, maybe the catalyst will drop for me at some point anyways

According to the Catalyst information itself, you might not be able to get it from anywhere else.

Sirialis wrote: »

According to the Catalyst information itself, you might not be able to get it from anywhere else.

aw man

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    For the faction armor renown bonus, do you need 4 slots and class item for that or just the 4 armor slots and class item can be whatever?

It won't. This is the only way to get it as far as anything I've ever seen.

And yeah, the less you can rely on the daily bonuses, the more you are gonna have to grind. 1 character means you will get 45 from your first HPE+LS loop and then you need to pick up another 100 per day from somewhere. So like another 7 or so HPE+LS runs or supplement that with some heroic strikes or nightfalls or crucible or whatever.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    For the faction armor renown bonus, do you need 4 slots and class item for that or just the 4 armor slots and class item can be whatever?

All 5 items, Helmet, Arms, Chest, Legs and Class Item.

PSN: Holy-Promethium

And yeah, the less you can rely on the daily bonuses, the more you are gonna have to grind. 1 character means you will get 45 from your first HPE+LS loop and then you need to pick up another 100 per day from somewhere. So like another 7 or so HPE+LS runs or supplement that with some heroic strikes or nightfalls or crucible or whatever.

I'll prob just aim for rank 20 or w/e and get it on the 3rd faction rally then. You can't swap midweek right? So no point in aiming for like rank 30-40.

edited June 2018

I'll prob just aim for rank 20 or w/e and get it on the 3rd faction rally then. You can't swap midweek right? So no point in aiming for like rank 30-40.

You can't swap mid-week, no. But you can swap from one faction rally to the next. There's only 3 this season so if you want all the things from all the factions you need to grind everything out in one week for each faction. Hence what people are going on about.

If you don't want every thing from all 3 factions, you can take a bit more time.

shryke on
    How long is season 3? Is there any sensible schedule to events, like faction rally is 2nd week of each month or something?

Nosf wrote: »
    How long is season 3? Is there any sensible schedule to events, like faction rally is 2nd week of each month or something?

Season 3 ends when Forsaken drops, which is September 4th afaik.

There is no schedule we know of right now, but there will be 3 faction rallies total so one can probably assume they happen once a month. Early June, early July, early August.

You can't swap mid-week, no. But you can swap from one faction rally to the next. There's only 3 this season so if you want all the things from all the factions you need to grind everything out in one week for each faction. Hence what people are going on about.

If you don't want every thing from all 3 factions, you can take a bit more time.

No, I get all that. I'd like to get all 3 catalysts, but getting to 50 in one rally just isn't going to happen for me with one char and my own time limitations. So with only 3 rallies (and the fact that the only things I'm interested in are the catalysts), might as well spread my work towards 50 out across all 3 rallies, since getting to 50 in 2 rallies doesn't do much for me, as I won't be going from 0-50 in the final rally.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Arteen wrote: »
    I wish I could toggle the renown system off. Maybe have it only activate while wearing a piece of faction armor?

It sure is annoying when I'm just working on regular patrols.

I went to do the flashpoint first last night and the public event was in progress when I arrived so I knocked that out, forgetting that renown was a thing. Next thing I see is a yellow bar Colossus so I head for it, take a barrage of missles, drop down to the tiniest sliver of health, and run around panicked for the next minute trying to figure out why my health won't regenerate and then trying to find a guy to kill to get a health drop without dying and losing renown and without losing the nearly dead Colossus I wanted for the progress. Good times.

Peen on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Big issue I've had (and I've mentioned it here before, so I'm sorry to repeat it) is that once I got my Titan to raid level around the time that Leviathan first launched and picked up some Eververse shaders that I liked (thanks to free dust and a free drop), my main looked the way I wanted him to look, had the armor and guns that I wanted him to have (raid weapons in all three slots, and I enjoyed using them), and I hadn't even played much endgame. Just lost all motivation to keep playing, with nothing to strive for. My Titan has looked exactly the same for about eight months. Whenever I hop on, I inspect a few PAers and/or a few Tower folks, and I have noticed that Guardians have looked a little cooler over time.

Last night, I started playing some story missions and grinding out some packages and drops. I tossed off the exotic helm I've been wearing for half a year and threw on Synthoceps just to switch things up. I fooled around with ornaments and New Monarchy gear. And I admit that I enjoyed playing dress-up and trying to force myself to take some risks with my look and loadout.

Part of me does want to level an alt for Forsaken, but it also looks like a steep hill to climb at the moment, given that I haven't really exhausted the content that's available to my Titan. So maybe I'll keep on trucking with my Titan and just see how I feel. Still need to finish the Warmind story.

Before I logged off, I switched up my gear again and changed my subclass to Hammerbro (so that I can log on for a new experience tonight). Should probably dip back into some PA group PvP.

Edit: I also booted a few clanmates who haven't played in 200+ days. Regular clan maintenance continues apace.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Also, the ornaments for each faction are not shared across characters. Each character has to grind all 5 themselves.

This is likely to be a far more annoying grind then the actual tokens. Especially since not everyone will have 5 pieces to start with, which you will need for 2 of the 5 ornaments.

So, wait. They made pledging account-wide, sticking you with one faction for the duration of the event across all three characters, but the unlocks aren't?

Yeah, forget this event.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    It's time like these that I am glad I'm such a FWC fanboy that my faction armor has been my default look since the first faction rally.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    This has been said before, but factions should be always on.

Also remove the token system entirely and just give reputation directly to the vendor, with an increasing required level to unlock vendor inventory items for purchase.

This current system of only having them matter once a month is inimical to player choice and it is baffling how unfun it feels.

Also renown should only be active with the full armor set on, and that set should be purchaseable from the faction vendors at rank 0 since the ornaments represent the greatest challenge.

Faction weapons should further increase your gains when equipped in addition to the set, and just like in D1 you should earn a baseline amount of rep from every activity for the faction to which you are pledged, maybe with the caveat that you must be wearing at least one weapon/armor piece from that faction.

Faction rallies are just...why.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The degree to which the developers have been pimping tokens for rep this time around, I would assume that someone higher on the food chain had a traumatic event at a chuck e cheese during their youth.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited June 2018
    Tokens are so boringly unimaginative. At least make it feel like we're collecting supplies for that particular faction to fuel their particular ideas and purpose. If they're tracking which faction has the most, then give us some visual to that effect; Arach Jalal should be up to his knees in I dunno, some space magic programmable matter bullshit. At least it looks like they did new banners and such for the current one, not a huge fan of the graphics but I appreciate that they changed them up and dressed up the tower.

I can see getting a token for completing a patrol, as you're doing a job and collecting things.

Nosf on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Tokens are so boringly unimaginative. At least make it feel like we're collecting supplies for that particular faction. If they're tracking which faction has the most, then give us some visual to that effect; Arach Jalal should be up to his knees in I dunno, some space magic programmable matter bullshit.

Tiny model ships.

Raynaga wrote: »
    Also, the ornaments for each faction are not shared across characters. Each character has to grind all 5 themselves.

This is likely to be a far more annoying grind then the actual tokens. Especially since not everyone will have 5 pieces to start with, which you will need for 2 of the 5 ornaments.

So, wait. They made pledging account-wide, sticking you with one faction for the duration of the event across all three characters, but the unlocks aren't?

Yeah, forget this event.

Yeah, each class has it's own ornaments for each faction. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Mostly because of the whole "Need to be wearing the armour" requirements on 2 of the ornaments, so you need to dress up all 3 characters.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

All 5 items, Helmet, Arms, Chest, Legs and Class Item.
    Unless you get 4 stacks of renown from a heroic PE without any bonus, you don't need a full set. I didn't have the chest piece yesterday (and might've also been wearing Orpheus Rig) and was getting 4 stacks from heroic PEs.

e: I guess it's possible that I looted a yellow bar's chest or something during each event without noticing.

Surfpossum on
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Tokens are so boringly unimaginative. At least make it feel like we're collecting supplies for that particular faction. If they're tracking which faction has the most, then give us some visual to that effect; Arach Jalal should be up to his knees in I dunno, some space magic programmable matter bullshit.

Tiny model ships.

Hideo: "The Fallen scourge has stolen our entire cache of jackboots and you are the theoretically perfect person to get them back"

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    With respects to the Exotic Ornaments and Catalysts, I suspect they'll be introduced into the general Eververse/World loot pools upon Y2 (the Catalysts especially). Or they'll abandon seasonal rallies for Y2 and just make these things part of their faction's permanent rank rewards.

Considering the Y2 emphasis on a Collection that tells you how to acquire things, it'd be pretty goofy if various exotic stuffs couldn't be acquired because they were tied to this truly horrible time-limited event.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    This event is making me realize exactly how few of the Lost sectors I've ever actually been in...

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    someone tell me which faction to pledge, my default would be NM but is there like...actually good gun or gear to get from one of them this time

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    someone tell me which faction to pledge, my default would be NM but is there like...actually good gun or gear to get from one of them this time

<- this one, why would you even need to ask?

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    The major things are the catalysts, I think: DO has one for Graviton Lance, FWC for Sunshot, NM I dunno.

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Bungie has been pretty set on "temporal valuation" of content. I've had to go against my OCD/completionist nature and convince myself that I really don't care about stuff that's obtained from parts of the game that I don't enjoy.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Re: picking a planet to grind, your faction's ornament requirements are a consideration as well. I'm with FWC and they require a metric buttload of assorted Vex murders, so I'll be spending my time on Nessus.