As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] D2 Year 2 Reveal Stream Today - Tidal Wave of New Info! Come Get Hyped!

1939495969799»

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    someone tell me which faction to pledge, my default would be NM but is there like...actually good gun or gear to get from one of them this time

<- this one, why would you even need to ask?

because their shaders are butt

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    someone tell me which faction to pledge, my default would be NM but is there like...actually good gun or gear to get from one of them this time

because their shaders are butt

Sunshot catalyst :chef's kiss:

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I actually might go with goths because graviton lance is.........very good

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Bungie has been pretty set on "temporal valuation" of content. I've had to go against my OCD/completionist nature and convince myself that I really don't care about stuff that's obtained from parts of the game that I don't enjoy.

While they've expressed such a position, they haven't really executed upon it a great degree (from my non-completionist perspective).

- They've rotated Bright Engram contents, removing the unique Legendary armor sets, but inserted all other seasonal cosmetics into the pool of goods from Tess.
    - They've made ornaments for specific Vendor sets that are season-exclusive
    - They made stuff for the Dawning (that might return for subsequent iterations of the Dawning)

None of that content falls under what we might call "gameplay-affecting objects", which the Catalysts definitely are, and I just don't think they're going to risk summoning consumer wrath by truly restricting acquisition of those Catalysts to this summer's rallies.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

because their shaders are butt hella dope

ftfy

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Bungie has been pretty set on "temporal valuation" of content. I've had to go against my OCD/completionist nature and convince myself that I really don't care about stuff that's obtained from parts of the game that I don't enjoy.

While they've expressed such a position, they haven't really executed upon it a great degree (from my non-completionist perspective).

- They've rotated Bright Engram contents, removing the unique Legendary armor sets, but inserted all other seasonal cosmetics into the pool of goods from Tess.
    - They've made ornaments for specific Vendor sets that are season-exclusive
    - They made stuff for the Dawning (that might return for subsequent iterations of the Dawning)

None of that content falls under what we might call "gameplay-affecting objects", which the Catalysts definitely are, and I just don't think they're going to risk summoning consumer wrath by truly restricting acquisition of those Catalysts to this summer's rallies.

I very much hope you're right, because otherwise I won't see any of the Faction Rally catalysts.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    @SniperGuy

From the most recent Development Roadmap:

lbyb0p3083n0.png

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    I'm not anti some high grind stuff

But high grind + week cutoff + rich get richer aspects + no unlocks on alts has me pretty soured on this event

And I like the renown stuff! I think its fun! But the economy aspect of it is... sigh

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Datto pointed out that new Arc Titan super might be a version of Death From Above which, YES PLZ

• Options
    I'm annoyed because the one reason I'm really grinding is, in all my hours sunk into Warmind, I've only gotten the DARCI Catalyst. I want the GL catalyst so I can at least have a full set of MW for Trials and whatever else I end up doing. If they hadn't made MW catalyst so rare I probably wouldn't be grinding at all.

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I look forward for the week long adjustment period of arc titans hurling themselves off the map for my convenience and amusement.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Apparently the Nightfall grants 14-18 faction tokens so grinding that might be worth a look I guess since you can double whammy of looking for the Nightfall specific loot as well.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Beezel wrote: »
    I look forward for the week long adjustment period of arc titans hurling themselves off the map for my convenience and amusement.

*Me first trials weekend of Forsaken*
    https://youtu.be/TqOw_5NRoFg

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Datto pointed out that new Arc Titan super might be a version of Death From Above which, YES PLZ

Yeah, it looked like:

1. Arc Titans get OG Smash w/built-in DFA
    2. Sunbros get bigger hammer that makes tornadoes
    3. Voidlock gets 3rd-person super-blink mode with AoE attacks
    4. Stormcaller gets Cyclops blast
    5. Nightstalkers get D1 Arcblade w/built in invis-effect, because they're the true weeb of the Destiny universe
    6. Gunslingers get Solar Knives that fan out, kinda like a shotgun version of Golden Gun?
    7. Arcstrider can deflect attacks with their staff
    8. Sentinel was shown doing Bubble, but that doesn't say much
    9. Didn't see Sunsinger anywhere

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Honestly if Sentinel gets a proper Ward of Dawn with longer duration and Blessing of Light I will be the happiest fucking puppy.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy

lbyb0p3083n0.png

The 17th! That's so soon! Fuck yeah!

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Woo, and then we can talk in game instead of always alt-tabbing! Unless of course you miss have the text chat anyway because they put it on the right side of the screen. Like seriously, I don't care seeing all the loot spam on the left side where god intended chat to go.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options

5. Nightstalkers get D1 Arcblade w/built in invis-effect, because they're the true weeb of the Destiny universe

WOAH WAIT WHAT

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SniperGuy

lbyb0p3083n0.png

The 17th! That's so soon! Fuck yeah!

To temper your expectations: That's July 17, not June. Still over a month away.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular

WOAH WAIT WHAT

yeah it's more towards the end of the vidoc. Void hunter invaded the other team and popped a super that showed up as Shadowmark and the kill feed popped up with "Void Blade" while they were naruto running around and dashing through people

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Have you guys seen that FWC sparrow, though?

It looks like a bullet. I love it.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Yeah, it looked like:

1. Arc Titans get OG Smash w/built-in DFA
    2. Sunbros get bigger hammer that makes tornadoes
    3. Voidlock gets 3rd-person super-blink mode with AoE attacks
    4. Stormcaller gets Cyclops blast
    6. Gunslingers get Solar Knives that fan out, kinda like a shotgun version of Golden Gun?
    7. Arcstrider can deflect attacks with their staff
    8. Sentinel was shown doing Bubble, but that doesn't say much
    9. Didn't see Sunsinger anywhere

There was a shot of Sentinel and Dawnblade popping supers at the same time, Bubble was extra large and red tinted, while the Dawnblade inside was kneeling with their sword in the ground. My wild speculation is some kind of super synergy system

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Raynaga wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Also, the ornaments for each faction are not shared across characters. Each character has to grind all 5 themselves.

This is likely to be a far more annoying grind then the actual tokens. Especially since not everyone will have 5 pieces to start with, which you will need for 2 of the 5 ornaments.

So, wait. They made pledging account-wide, sticking you with one faction for the duration of the event across all three characters, but the unlocks aren't?

Yeah, forget this event.

Yeah, each class has it's own ornaments for each faction. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. Mostly because of the whole "Need to be wearing the armour" requirements on 2 of the ornaments, so you need to dress up all 3 characters.

"Bit of a pain in the ass" is a profound understatement.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand