As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Bus Stimulator 2018

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Bus Stimulator 2018

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    I kind of get the appeal of X Simulator games...

Though I'm not sure about the Train Simulator one. Unless you actually build the tracks what else is there? Going forward or in reverse? Controlling your speed? Having to deal with the psychological trauma of crashing into someone who stopped on the tracks?

Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    well these are the same guys who had a blast playing Farming Simulator 15
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRkUqxt-qEY

• RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Are you managing a metro system or just driving a single bus?

• NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I donno, I imagine some bus driving beats are more interesting than others. Hobos jacking off in the back. Or the front. People who try to get away without paying. Crazy people who think they can just assault you for no reason. Not to mention all the "And then everyone clapped" stories that take place on buses!

It's starting to sound like a surreal, psychedelic experience.

• ltgruntltgrunt Registered User regular
    That DLC seems like it would be right up Tycho's alley. Spintires got him revved up pretty good:

i-5Qt8GKN-2100x20000.jpg

mkf6ad9.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    GOTO: Panel 1

steam_sig.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    haha, oh man. I just had a conversation with someone at work and I didn't minimize the forum and my browser was scrolled down just to the point where it was "ah ha! now your dick's hard."

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Seems like Tycho kind of DLC.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Heh. Auto-erotica.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The wording on the expansion description leaves open the possibility that you can at least fuck some of the buses in the base game.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    I kind of get the appeal of X Simulator games...

Though I'm not sure about the Train Simulator one. Unless you actually build the tracks what else is there? Going forward or in reverse? Controlling your speed? Having to deal with the psychological trauma of crashing into someone who stopped on the tracks?

I've heard them described as very flow-state games. Nothing too tough to think about, just enough to react to, almost subconsciously. Put on your headphones, let go of everything, and just drive and watch the world go by.

• DanEGurlDanEGurl Registered User new member
    Perhaps so many people watched this, that they actually got interested in it.
    https://geekandsundry.com/the-joke-bus-game-that-turned-into-a-real-charity-drive/

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    I have always had the vague impression that busdrivers smoulder with a gentle hate and/or insight.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    DanEGurl wrote: »
    https://geekandsundry.com/the-joke-bus-game-that-turned-into-a-real-charity-drive/

Penn and Teller created the worst game ever, to mock gamers. Then LRR decided to play that game as a sort of religious torture ritual to earn money for charity.

Then other people were... apparently like "No that game looks great. Take out the parts that are there to be annoying on purpose and add multiplayer!"

Watching the multiplayer trailer felt like I was having a stroke of some kind.

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    I have always had the vague impression that busdrivers smoulder with a gentle hate and/or insight.

Imagine, if you will, how soul crushing customer facing jobs like retail can be. Then realize, those are generally involving only brief interactions with customers, but bus drivers can be stuck dealing with customer bullshit for hours on end.

Frankly, the amazing thing is how few of them go full Sith on us.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    DanEGurl wrote: »

Penn and Teller created the worst game ever, to mock gamers. Then LRR decided to play that game as a sort of religious torture ritual to earn money for charity.

Then other people were... apparently like "No that game looks great. Take out the parts that are there to be annoying on purpose and add multiplayer!"

Watching the multiplayer trailer felt like I was having a stroke of some kind.

Penn & Teller made Desert Bus to mock Janet Reno, not gamers.
    From Wikipedia:
    The game was designed to be as inoffensive as possible to prove the point that not all video games were corrupting influences. Penn Jillette commented in his radio show that the overly realistic nature of the game was in response to Janet Reno's comments in support of the moral panic about violent video games at the time

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    So I play American Truck Simulator (bought it on sale a few weeks ago) and I'd just like to say that while X simulator games aren't particularly deep experiences, they are very relaxing and a nice break from the go-go-go of everything else in your life. Also the games are as difficult as you want them to be (which you should always go for the most difficult settings if you want to play a simulator game, c'mon). Some have RPG elements too. For example, in ATS you get XP for making deliveries, and you can spend skill points to get access to better jobs, have better fuel economy, etc. And then there's also managing your truck company, its trucks, its drivers, its garages, etc.

But definitely the biggest point of playing them is to chew scenery.

Twitch: Thawmus83