As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Ezra too.
    Ahsoka and Kanan perhaps? Are they pilots/crew again?
    Maul crew.

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    There's a Kanan crew and Pilot card. There's also a Maul crew card.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Kyle Katarn and Corran Horn will presumably have force points.

• Options
    I don't believe Corran does. I don't think he has any force points because I feel like I would have included that in the clip:
    https://i.imgur.com/ZAQUU24.png
    I don't think I saw Kyle's card on the unboxing stream though.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Oh hmm, "Tenacious Investigator" would imply early in his career (although I thought he piloted an E-wing, which is much later in the timeline?), so no force makes sense there. Maybe they'll release a "Jedi Master" version at some point, and that one will have force points.

• Options
    Neither Kyle's nor Corran's cards have force points.
    There's a list of known spoiled/revealed cards over here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBD6vYa6cXMFsQNdbfSK1kjQdscdsQ_aLfMTbGqRsfY/edit#heading=h.4qrdsiyy7whf

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Also just saw this from Facebook but unsure of authenticity. Seems like every ship got more maneuverable, and more of the slow ships got Red 0's which is cool.
    https://m.imgur.com/a/3UAYDND

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    They *seem* correct from what I remember them showing on the stream

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2018
    The last X-wing from Saw's Partisan's was spoiled as the store championship card for the summer:
    https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/6/optimize-your-squadron/

g18xs_caz1st.png
    1 point more than Rookie Pilot, but with an EPT and PS1. It's a little disappointing, but not really surprising.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ahaha. Scum do get a 2.0 Wave 1 expansion.

And it's delightful.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/7/fast-enough/

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Sorry @Fuselage, looks like you weren't...

...fast enough!

YEEEEEEAH!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ahaha. Scum do get a 2.0 Wave 1 expansion.

And it's delightful.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/6/7/fast-enough/
    Fuck!
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Sorry @Fuselage, looks like you weren't...

...fast enough!

YEEEEEEAH!

Double Fuck!!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Sorry Fuselage, looks like you weren't...

...fast enough!

YEEEEEEAH!

He was if you round down.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    What's more, Lando always had an exit strategy, and this version of the Millennium Falcon also includes the escape craft featured in the film. This craft docks snugly in the larger miniature, even as it makes Lando's Millennium Falcon more versatile with the ability to launch this escape craft, which can operate independently from the larger ship.

Scum gets another docking ship! And it physically docks?!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I now want to see two Falcons fighting.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Two VCX's fighting the Scum Falcon and Houndstooth fighting the Imperial Assault Carrier.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Fuselage wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Two VCX's fighting the Scum Falcon and Houndstooth fighting the Imperial Assault Carrier.

Gozanti wins handily with a bomber drop.

• Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    What's more, Lando always had an exit strategy, and this version of the Millennium Falcon also includes the escape craft featured in the film. This craft docks snugly in the larger miniature, even as it makes Lando's Millennium Falcon more versatile with the ability to launch this escape craft, which can operate independently from the larger ship.

Scum gets another docking ship! And it physically docks?!

It might, but I don't think I'd hold my breath.
    It seems like if that was a thing it the ship did, it would have been highlighted in the preview article or at least pictured instead of just being mentioned in passing.
    At the very least it seems like they'd package them undocked to highlight that you're getting two ships (like they did with the Ghost).

On the other hand, that L3 pilot card looks like it's for the escape pod rather than the whole ship, so maybe?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    They mention the escape ship fits snugly into the falcon model. The preview for L3-37s ship card only shows the escape pod.

Definitely two ships. Hopefully the peg stand on the escape pod won't be too obvious.

I suspect that if they were to do the vcx today they would try to figure out a way to get the wings to pivot and hide, allowing it to dock as well.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Cool enough. It just seems that would be a thing they'd highlight and photograph rather than just a passing mention.

I could be (and probably am) wrong. Might be they've got a Lando's Falcon reveal Part II waiting with all the photographic evidence I could want. I'll wait and see.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Cool enough. It just seems that would be a thing they'd highlight and photograph rather than just a passing mention.

I could be (and probably am) wrong. Might be they've got a Lando's Falcon reveal Part II waiting with all the photographic evidence I could want. I'll wait and see.

Yeah, they did say there was going to be another article for that I think

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Yeah, they did say there was going to be another article for that I think
    We’ll take a closer look at the pilots, upgrades, and escape craft included in the Lando’s Millennium Falcon Expansion Pack in a future preview!
    This is what I get for skimming the article at work rather than waiting until I got home. I somehow skipped this entire bit.

• Options
    I did the same thing at first!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    swz04_a1_spread.png

It's right there. :)

Edit: I could swear that the Calculate action for L3-37 was red when I looked at this earlier today...

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    oh no

i didn't know her name ended in 37, that's... ah.

i do like the way lando's falcon looks, though, and the card art is pretty good

might be fun to run with y-wings for a pseudo-rebel squad

• Options
    I think the word you're looking for is "wonderful"

(and oh so dumb)

Blue banks while you're shieldless sounds really fun. Can just zip all over the place in that thing.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my favorite thing about the lando box is woody harrelson's lovingly rendered likeness

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    what's the 2.0 action that looks like a pointy wave?

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

Probably the Jam action, which was only on huge ships before. It added stress in 1.0. Probably does the same in 2.0?

• Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »

Probably the Jam action, which was only on huge ships before. It added stress in 1.0. Probably does the same in 2.0?

No. Jam action jams for normal ships in 1.0 (Reaper).

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Elbasunu wrote: »

No. Jam action jams for normal ships in 1.0 (Reaper).

"Even more unusual is the Reaper’s ability to take the jam action. Not only does becoming jammed force an enemy ship to remove one of its focus, evade, or blue target lock tokens, the pilots included in the TIE Reaper Expansion Pack take full advantage of this ability."

Neat!

• Options
    There's gonna be a lot less stress control in 2.0. I imagine the jam action won't change too much from how it is with the Reaper.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Don't know if anyone else has watched this, but it's a 45ish-minute interview with Alex Davy, the main designer (or, at least, the main face of the designers!) for 2.0, where they go into a discussion of all of the changes coming in 2.0 and, more importantly, the rationale for all of those changes. Posted yesterday, it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ilk4HYO6Q

Honestly, it's fantastic. He's basically speaking my language.

Also includes some looks at a couple examples from the new damage deck at the end - and they highlight some of their main drivers for the change to the damage deck, which were that there shouldn't be any "freebies" in the damage deck (e.g., Munitions Failures against ships lacking secondary weapons or Injured Pilot against a generic ship) and that the cards should offer interesting choices rather than just completely shut something down (e.g., Blinded Pilot is bad because it takes away the fun of rolling the dice; reduction in Direct Hits; addition of Fuel Leak, which is a "Direct Hit in Waiting" that you can gamble on).

Seriously, go watch it. :D

• Options
    That dial nerf. Why?

• Options
    Dial nerf?

Adaptive Ailerons is a "must". It's balanced around that.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    For comparison:

h5vefdhqr3wk.png
    pgy9j4woxygf.png

I guess you could call it a nerf. I feel like they should be taken separately since 2.0 has some pretty specific goals and things to say about maneuverability.

Edit: Also the Reaper is a Medium base in 2.0 so it's kind of an apples-oranges comparison

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    Having no white hards is painful. The 1.0 dial can pull 135 degrees of turn without stress.

• Options
    I imagine they are trying to differentiate it more from the Striker in 2.0.

agoi927j6o11.png