As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

West 2018 Room Shares - READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
Post here if you are looking to share your room, or looking for a room to share. Please keep your posts up to date!

YOU MAY NOT POST HERE TO TRADE ROOM SPACE FOR BADGES.

You get ONE post in this thread per UNIQUE room share situation. Do not re-post your offer/request. Re-posts will be deleted if not pre-approved by moderation staff.

If you need to modify your post and cannot edit it yourself (accounts below a certain participation threshold), PM me and I will make the edit for you. Not having permission to edit is not a valid excuse for re-posting.

If you *really* think you have a good reason to post for a second time, PM me first.

This is not a discussion thread; ONLY POSTS IN THE DESCRIBED FORMATS BELOW WILL BE ALLOWED.

If you have a room and want to fill space, use this format:

----

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

----

I will occasionally cull posts from the thread that have been struck out or marked as no longer valid. I will try to do this as necessary, but there will not be a hard schedule for this purpose. This will mean that there should not be a wall of inactive posts to sift through in order to find active ones. Also it means that if someone had a post that was culled from early on, they can freely re-post it later if things went south. If you abuse this, your ability to post in this thread will be revoked entirely.

• Options
    krovekkrovek Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Wed Aug 29th
    Date Leaving: Tuse Sept 4th
    Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: male
    Your Gender: no preference
    Best Contact Method: email. Kr0v3k@gmail.com Or PM but I'll most likely see email first

Additional notes: we are really looking for a roommate the Sheraton but we are also open to other options. The other person with me is a friend from new York and we are just trying to find someone that's willing to split the cost. :)

krovek on
  • Options
    Mister missfortuneMister missfortune Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:august 31st
    Date Leaving:Sept 3rd or early Sept 4th
    Spots Needed: 1
    My Gender: male (30)
    Your Gender:doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: ssternagel@yahoo.com or pm but most likely to see the email.

Additional Notes:bringing two cosplay costumes with props will bring own sleeping stuff don't need a bed. Pretty much will keep to myself unless you want to be social then I can do that to always like meeting new people this will be my first pax. If you would like to get to know me first just email me :biggrin: .

Mister missfortune on
  • Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: The Westin Seattle
    Total Cost: 1,632.60 (81.63 per person per night)
    Date Arriving: August 30th, 2018
    Date Leaving: September 4th, 2018
    Number of Spots Available:
    Thursday - 3
    Friday - 1
    Saturday - 1
    Sunday - 0
    Monday - 1
    My Gender: Male (23)
    Your Gender: I don't care.
    Best Contact Method: pm me on here or you can email me I suppose (nintendofan10039@yahoo.com).

Additional Notes/Requests: There are only two beds, so there will be two people to a bed. I have done this before, and it usually works fairly well(and it keeps costs down :biggrin: ) Let me know if you are interested. If needed, I can try to consolidate the room so that it has 1 spot available on all nights. Westin usually has some bigger rooms, and for those that don't know, the Westin is one of the hotels in which PAX panels and autograph sessions take place. It's also kind of close to the convention center.

Nfan10039 on
    ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    JuiceyMoonJuiceyMoon Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Either Thursday, August 30th or Friday, August 31st.
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 3rd
    My Gender: Male (28)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: email me at j_mill_13_x@hotmail.com

Additional Notes: I live a couple hours south of Seattle. I can arrive the day of or the day before depending on your room situation. Would prefer Thursday but Friday is no skin off my back since it would probably save me money. This will be my.... 9th? 10th? PAX. Something around there. I'm pretty social and would be more than willing to bring some board games to play at night in the space. I can also keep to myself if that is preferred.

• Options
    longklawlongklaw Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    N/A

longklaw on
  • Options
    BankruptsteveBankruptsteve Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Total Cost:$50 per day.
    Number of Spots Available: 4-6
    Dates: Whenever
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Any - LGBT friendly (Will try and balance genders so nobody feels overwhelmed)
    Best Contact Method: Here and Thoughtcloudart@gmail.com

About the place- I'm a local resident that lives 2 blocks from Pike Market, and 5 blocks from the convention center. This is shared living room space with 1 queen sized futon and 2 queen sized airbeds. There's a kitchen which people are free to use.

About myself - I work both fulltime in the videogame industry, having worked at 10+ studios, and on 20+ shipped titles. I airbnb on the side for extra income.

Side note - I take toxic behavior seriously, so please list your FB/social profile so people can get a feel for each other and to make sure everyone is comfortable,

Bankruptsteve on
  • Options
    LotosGGLotosGG Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:Sheraton
    Total Cost:1590
    Per person: 318
    Date Arriving:Aug 30
    Date Leaving:Sep. 3
    Number of Spots Available:5
    Spot 1:LizB
    Spot 2:Jorge-Streamer
    Spot 3:Waldo33
    Spot 4:-Tal
    Spot 5:

My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Doesnt matter
    Best Contact Method: Here or twitter @umaikaze

Additional Notes/Requests:. No smoking drinking is okay. I request payment be dealt with within two weeks of check-in in case you drop out.

LotosGG on
  • Options
    CelinetteNyxCelinetteNyx Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Renaissance Seattle Hotel
    Total Cost: $771.48 (price per person will vary depending on how many people we get)
    Date Arriving: August 30 afternoon
    Date Leaving: September 2
    Number of Spots Available: 4 to 6
    Your Gender: No preference
    Best Contact Method: CelinetteNyx@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Right now the room is only my boyfriend and I so we have a bed open and of course floor space! We are non smoking but okay with drinking as long as people don't overdo it~

• Options
    PchoPcho Enforcer Pcho New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Homewood Suites by Hilton-Seattle Convention
    Total Cost: varies per person/bed
    Date Arriving:Wednesday 8/29
    Date Leaving: Wednesday 9/5
    Number of Spots Available: 6
    Your Gender: ANY + LGBT + Any
    Best Contact Method: Forum PM
    Twitter: S_Sagura
    Instagram: Pcho1138
    Facebook: Shinji Seo Sagura

Please know the cost is the same regardless of how many days you wish to stay.

Spaces:
    [FLOOR3] ($425) OPEN!

Room type: Quiet at night
    Distance: 0.2 Miles (.3 Kilometers) Check the map at the end of the Post
    Time: 5 Min walk
    Has a: kitchenette! (small kitchen to cook)

Bed1 is a king bed in a separate bedroom
    Bed2 is a Queen sized pull out couch. (decent to sleep on)
    Hot breakfast included every morning
    Dinner (beer/wine inclusive) on Wednesday, Thursday, and Tuesday nights.

Notes: No preference on age or gender, I don’t care. NO smoking/drug(s) in the room. I will be working XA expo. Ear plugs will be provided because I know that no one snores ^_^. I have done this a few times and would like people that are responsible and respectful. (I my self will be using the room as storage)

Deposit to secure your spot is $100. If you can’t do a deposit; it will be tentative. Full payment due 1 month before the show (if you need more time, just talk to me) Payment through PayPal, others accepted just ask.

https://goo.gl/maps/YzFAT6PoWAJ2

Pcho on
    PAXAnimeCTconFanExpoRenewDHAtlantaAnaheimLeakycon
    o8VqzID.png
  • Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Sheraton Basically next door to the Con
    Total Cost: 250 per bed spot 200 per floor (this is for the whole convention)
    Date Arriving:Friday
    Date Leaving:Monday
    Number of Spots Available: 3
    [BED 1] ($250) TAKEN
    [BED 1.5] ($250) TAKEN
    [BED 2] ($250) TAKEN
    [BED 2] ($250) TAKEN
    [FLOOR 1] ($200) TAKEN
    [FLOOR 2] ($200) AVAILABLE
    My Gender Female (also a small child)
    Your Gender: Dont really care
    Best Contact Method: here or text me : 3606101607

Additional Notes/Requests: I dont care if you snore, I likely snore. Long time PAX goer...like...15+ years now. I generally do room shares to help everyone out. EX-Enforcer of 10 years. Little man is super chill and a great sleeper. He will likely love you. Let me know if you need the space! Ill take any form of payment till about 2 weeks before the con to secure a spot, Im local so if you need anything additional just let me know ( I just like staying at the Sheraton for convience lol) I am also CLUUs on the Penny Arcade Twitch Channel so you can yell at me there if I miss a message :3<3

Dragon on
  • Options
    acaraba2acaraba2 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Update with extra day, also price reflects that. I have some changes with in the original group so posting update. 8/3/18

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Sheraton
    Total Cost: $375 person
    Date Arriving: Wednesday, August 29
    Date Leaving: Tuesday September 4
    Number of Spots:1 (5 total in room)
    Best Contact: Discord - @acaraba2#1347, skype: acaraba2@hotmail.com, email:acaraba2@gmail.com

The spots available is 1 of the 2 spots on the 2nd bed. Any questions feel free to ask.

acaraba2 on

jf7bixxxlknz.png

• Options
    MaskedManMaskedMan Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30th
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 3rd
    Best Contact Method: DM me here, or email me at pkfire98@gmail.com

Additional Notes: This will be my 12th PAX West. Don't smoke, drink (that often), or do drugs. I shower at least once a day, use deodorant, and wear clean clothes. I don't take up much space and am willing to sleep on the floor. Would prefer to pay about $200, but I'm willing to negotiate.

EDIT: Got a room.

MaskedMan on
    55ig5iyzsac4.png
  • Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Olive 8
    Total Cost: $306 for 1 spot (less per person if couple, see below)
    Date Arriving: Wednesday, August 29
    Date Leaving: Monday September 3
    Number of Spots:1 floor space (possibly two if you’re a couple together who want to share an air mattress/floor (5- max 6- total in room)
    Our Gender: Bed 1 is two friends, one male, one female (me), Bed 2 is a couple, one male one non-binary
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter, LGBTQIA friendly
    Best Contact: email:sarabethwinters@gmail.com

Easy going group, alcohol ok in moderation, no smoking, one person extremely allergic to 420 (I only mention as in a previous year someone had legit medical marijuana. I don’t care if you use it in your own time but I have an extreme allergy to it and can’t be near it for any extended period).

Our group is all aged 30+, panelists and Enforcers, though we welcome younger friends as long as you want a relaxed room of board game enthusiasts.

Two of us are legally blind, self included. Cosplayer friendly, and I’ll have my robots and a cosplay repair kit.

• Options
    anifirebirdanifirebird Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    got it covered, thanks!

anifirebird on
  • Options
    TheMonzterChazTheMonzterChaz Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Airbnb
    Total Cost: $368
    Date Arriving: 8-30
    Date Leaving: 9-3
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: Male (34)
    Your Gender: Don't care
    Best Contact Method: Discord TheMonzterChaz#9405 or email themonzterchaz@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: This is an Airbnb, you get your own room with a door and shared kitchen, bathroom, and living space. 12 mins out from the convention center. No smoking, no drugs, no pets, and clean please.

TheMonzterChaz on
  • Options
    TheCvgun123TheCvgun123 Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:8/31
    Date Leaving:09/03
    Your Gender: doesn't matter
    Best Contact Method: here or email wulfdrizzt123@yahoo.com

Additional Notes: have been told I am a heavy snorer so looking for a fellow snorer or one that doesn't mind the noise. Hoping for price range between $200 to $400 maybe up to $500 in extreme cases. Also I don't mind sleeping on the floor.

TheCvgun123 on
  • Options
    snailworldsnailworld Registered User new member
    edited July 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:8/30
    Best Contact Method: here or snailworld@gmail.com

Additional Notes: me and my friend are first time paxers. We r super chill and down to sleep floor.
    Drug free and love to play magic the gathering and ton of video games and board games!

snailworld on
  • Options
    Tom3poTom3po Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    GONE

Tom3po on
  • Options
    Blackheart82Blackheart82 Virginia BeachRegistered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: SHERATON
    Total Cost: 300.00 / PERSON
    Date Arriving:8/30
    Date Leaving:9/3
    My Gender: MALE
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: DM Here.

Little about us, My friends and I have been going to PAX since 2008. It is a ever evolving group of people and we currently only have space for one(maybe two depending). We are in our early to mid 30s and we are chill. We drink/smoke responsibly and we are happy go lucky. You can tag along with us or do your own thing. We play board games, and someone is always gaming on a laptop or console.

• Options
    cr0wnedcr0wned Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Grand Hyatt Seattle
    Total Cost: $410
    Date Arriving: Friday Aug 31, 2018
    Date Leaving: Monday Sep 03, 2018
    Your Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: Discord @ Thursday#3207 or private message me here.

Additional Notes/Requests: Looking for another female PAX goer to split my room at the hyatt! I stay at this hotel every year and the rooms are INSANELY beautiful, one of the nicest showers/bathtubs I've ever seen and only a 5 minute walk from the doors of the convention center. I'm a seasoned PAXer (7 easts and 3 wests) and will be spending most of the day at the con, but at night I love to attend the random parties that pop up, take part in table top, or hit up the arcade across the street. Hoping to find someone with similar interests to share the room with!

• Options
    Mallard77Mallard77 Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Westin Seattle

Total Cost: If four people occupy this room for all of the nights I'm staying, total cost is 408.15 per person. I am open to having people stay until the 3rd so that your total cost will be lower.

Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30

Date Leaving: Tuesday, September 4

Spots open
    UPDATE 8/13 - two spots left
    UPDATE 8/15 - ONE SPOT LEFT
    UPDATE 9/3 - still ONE SPOT LEFT, available for a night stay (you should be OK with sleeping on the carpet)

Your Gender: Doesn't matter.

GLBT's welcome!

Best Contact: echu916 at gmail or PM, but prefer Gmail. Can be reached at Darkwing17EDC on Twitter or darkwing.17 on IG

2018 PAX West (Prime) will be my sixth one. Been to East PAX once last year but have been to PAX West / Prime since 2014.

Mallard77 on
    5ad7331ifhoy.png
  • Options
    DychronicDychronic Registered User new member
    Date Arriving: August 30
    Date Leaving: September 3
    Spots Needed: 2-3 (We have a guaranteed 2, our third is considering other prospects, but will join us if there is space)
    Our Genders: 3 Males
    Your Gender: Any
    Best Contact Method: email: ramseyb94@gmail.com, Discord: Dychronic#0904, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ramsey.bouhaddou.9

Additional Notes: We are a bunch of chill dudes looking for a cheap place to enjoy PAX West. We don't smoke and are very considerate of personal belongings, space, and feelings. As an incentive, I can also guarantee tons of free game codes as my job allows me to get extras. One of us also wants and can stay for Monday as well, but is not critical.

• Options
    pwade0102pwade0102 Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:8/31
    My Gender: male and female
    Best Contact Method: here or pwadenccc@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I and my friend are first-time pax enforcers. We r super chill and down to sleep floor.
    Drug free

• Options
    supercontestssupercontests Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: SpringHill Suites by Marriott Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union

Total Cost: $80 USD/night (minimum 3 nights)

Date Arriving: Aug 30

Date Leaving: Sept 6 (I'm staying in the city after the convention)

Number of Spots Available: 3
    1A king bed
    1B king bed
    1 couch pullout bed

Best Contact Method: supercontestskev@gmail.com

I've been backpacking for 5 months now (6 months during PAX) so I am used to sharing rooms. First time PAX visitor so this is exciting for me. I'm 26, Asian-Canadian and am pretty open to any social outings in the evenings. I like anime/ weeb stuff and video games.

Absolutely no drugs/smoking please and while I don't mind alcohol, let's not get too crazy.

Feel free to message me to get to know me better. Deposit will be $40 USD (preferably thru PayPal) at least a week in advance of the convention.

• Options
    Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE:

Hotel: Crowne Plaza Seattle
    Total Cost: $100 USD Bed/$50 USD Floor a night, no deposit required.
    Date Arriving:8/30 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving:09/03 (Monday)
    The bed on Saturday and Sunday is spoken for, but you can still crash on the floor those nights. :)
    Spots Available: 1 Bed Thurs/Fri/Mon, whether that's 1 or 2 people is up to you! 1 Floor Thurs-Mon
    Our Gender: 1 Male, 1 Female
    Best Contact Method: here or richards.anthony at gmail.com

Additional Notes:

Just veteran me and my first-timer S.O.! Just looking to help keep costs down while meeting new people! Looking forward to meeting you! :)

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png

• Options
    ConsonanceConsonance Registered User new member
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE:

Total Cost: $85
    Date Arriving: August 31st at 6am
    Date Leaving: Sept 1st at the end of PAX
    Spots available: 1 person, but if you have more people that can pack sleeping bags, we can reduce the rate for you
    Our Gender: As of right now 2 male, maybe 3 male.
    Best Contact Method: Here or jamiela.misc at gmail.com

Additional Notes:

As of right now the cost is based on a 4 person split, but if more people come in, we can reduce the rate by a lot.
    My friend and I are the only guarantees that will be there, the third person is still up in the air. My friend and I have been to PAX before and this will be my 4th year in a row.
    If you are worried about having a space to store your stuff on the second day, you can utilize my car for storage as well. I'll let you take a picture of my license, passport and whatever for security if need be.

Consonance on
  • Options
    Dram4llamaDram4llama Registered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Crown Plaza
    Total Cost: With 2 people = 180 per person for all days, With 1 225 Per person all days
    Date Arriving: Thursday Aug 30
    Date Leaving: Monday Sep 3
    Number of Spots Available: 2 willing to share a queen bed, 1 if not
    My Gender: 3 Male currently
    Best Contact Method: PM here or email lifevslove@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Clean and responsible people, this is not a party room.

• Options
    s950lxs950lx Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: August 30 or 31 if none are avail for the 30th
    Date Leaving: Sept 4th
    Best Contact Method: ghstlghts@gmail.com or s950 on the pax west discord!

Additional Notes: willing to discuss any amount if splitting a hotel etc, just need somewhere to crash for the dates. Prefer to be near the expo. Excited to meet & talk to new people about the games we all love!

• Options
    CalifornicatedCalifornicated Registered User new member
    edited August 2018
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: August 30th
    Date Leaving: Sept 4th
    Best Contact Method: 2luckyhorseshoes@gmail.com, pm me here on the forum, or message me on discord Californicated#0514

Additional Notes: I prefer an Airbnb but hotel would be ok as well but i am driving my car 3 hours away and need to park it somewhere and hotel garage rates are spendy.

Californicated on
  • Options
    BeastKingBeastKing King of Beasts Marysville, WaRegistered User new member
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Total Cost:$290 or $230 per if we get the two spots filled
    Date Arriving: 8/31 Friday
    Date Leaving:9/3
    Number of Spots Available:2, floor spots.
    My Gender 2 male
    Your Gender:doesnt matter
    Best Contact Method: email thatguydga@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: Will need your share before the date, or I will need to cancel the room

Keep it weird
  • Options
    lsbrazlsbraz Registered User new member
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:Thurs Aug 30
    Date Leaving:Tue Aug 4
    Spots Needed:1
    My Gender:Male 24y/o
    Your Gender:Any
    Best Contact Method: Twitter dm: @SoulH3R0 or Email: devin_soulh3r0@hotmail.com

Additional Notes:
    I'm easy going & will respect any rules you have for your room. Willing to crash on the floor if you're looking to lower your hotel cost!

• Options
    MySpl33nMySpl33n Registered User new member
    edited August 2018
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Hosteling International at The American Hotel
    Total Cost: $520 (after tax), $175 or $130 per person depending on if I fill both spaces.
    Date Arriving: Friday August 31
    Date Leaving: Monday September 3
    Number of Spots Available: 2 beds
    My Gender: Male 22yo, Male 20yo
    Best Contact Method: (971) 599-3889 (Google Voice number, text or call)

MySpl33n on
  • Options
    DragonDragon Registered User regular
    Have an emergency space available! If you need half bed space at the Sheraton, text me 360-610-1607 it’s $125 check out Monday

• Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    NEED SPACE

Date Arriving: 9/3
    Date Leaving: 9/4
    My Gender: F
    Best Contact Method: Here or @culturalgeek on twitter

Hey all, I might need a room for just Monday night to Tuesday. I have a meeting tentatively scheduled for lunch on Tuesday and it'd be super convenient if I could stay near the con center. Thanks!

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
This discussion has been closed.