As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Saying, "December 2018" wouldn't exactly be a monumental achievement either.

Also I will be surprised if there's no beta.

Synthesis on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Crackdown 3, launching in February, with special guest Duke Nukem.

i mean, if they rebooted Duke Nukem with Terry Crews as the Duke, they'd at the very least have my attention.

Wraith260 wrote: »
    Crackdown 3, launching in February, with special guest Duke Nukem.

i mean, if they rebooted Duke Nukem with Terry Crews as the Duke, they'd at the very least have my attention.

I'd settle for a remake of Duke Nukem 3D, actually a good first person shooter.

Terry Crews, bless his heart, does not necessarily a good game make. Though he certainly doesn't hurt, I think.

HINT HINT MICROSOFT

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Synthesis wrote: »

Does anything of note release in December any more?

Microsoft love to get their big tentpole releases out in September or thereabouts. This is basically "it won't be ready by then so this is our next viable window".

Jazz on
    Jazz wrote: »

Microsoft love to get their big tentpole releases out in September or thereabouts. This is basically "it won't be ready by then so this is our next viable window".

i think most titles want out before Black Friday so later releases are usually late October, early/mid November. think you get the occasion big December release but it is rare.

Jazz wrote: »

i think most titles want out before Black Friday so later releases are usually late October, early/mid November. think you get the occasion big December release but it is rare.

Yeah, most stuff aims for then. MS like to be a little earlier if they can. Can't blame them for wanting some space from CoD etc.

wouldn't be a surprise, especially with them expanding to make another open world game for MS.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm genuinely shocked if that happens. Playground seemed to be happy being independent and I always heard it was cheaper for Microsoft to contract stuff out because corporate policy requires them to pay their employees higher than industry average.

so this was retweeted byt the ID@Xbox account. DayZ release for Xbone finally?

Wow, is DayZ still a thing? I vaguely recall hearing it announced for Playstation 4...and then never coming out? At least not yet?

i think it was retooled at a battle royal game recently. anyway, i could be wrong on what they're teasing but that seems to fit more than Arma does. unless the devs have something new to unveil.

Ah, Bohemia... I wish they could've fixed the Walrus AI in Carrier Command: Gaea Mission on the 360. There was apparently a limitation/cost on putting updates out on the 360, so it never saw as many updates as the PC version... but then, it probably sold about twelve copies on the 360 anyway, and frankly the AI never got properly fixed on the PC either.

A damn shame, it was a solid update to a real classic of the late '80s otherwise.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    i think it was retooled at a battle royal game recently. anyway, i could be wrong on what they're teasing but that seems to fit more than Arma does. unless the devs have something new to unveil.

You're thinking of H1Z1. DayZ has always been kinda more....sandboxy, semi-persistent world-state within servers.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    Erlkönig wrote: »

You're thinking of H1Z1. DayZ has always been kinda more....sandboxy, semi-persistent world-state within servers.

that is entirely possible yeah. sorry, my mistake then.

Yeah, the open-world zombie survival system (basically, hardcore Minecraft) was the genre-to-be trend immediately before Battle Royale.

Coincidentally, both DayZ and Battlegrounds started as Arma franchise mods. Hence the out-of-place post-Soviet warzone setting.

Remember Metal Wolf Chaos, the Japan-only original Xbox exclusive? Yeah, me neither. It might be coming back.

(That's a lie, I do, but I'm still surprised.)

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So... I just got out of a match where the assassin that went 9-12-13 (as in, he gave up 130 power to the enemy, a little over a entire rampage phase) sent me a message in the middle of the match saying that I was trash and KSing. Like... I guess he had a lot of time to type being that he was dying all the time? I died twice, but 12 kills and 14 assists on the board. It's like... just... people.

Also, 4 out of 5 of our team were ranged combatants. I'm wondering if he messaged the other people too..

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited June 2018
    Remember Metal Wolf Chaos, the Japan-only original Xbox exclusive? Yeah, me neither. It might be coming back.

Being that Metal Wolf Chaos was probably inspired by/satire of Bush/Iraq war, wouldn't be surprised if it returned. Even though we don't have a war that can be actively contributed to the current president.
    r

tastydonuts on

Being that Metal Wolf Chaos was probably inspired by/satire of Bush/Iraq war, wouldn't be surprised if it returned. Even though we don't have a war that can be actively contributed to the current president.
    r

I think technically giving the Nobel Prize to a president who'd then start a bunch of new wars is a really Metal Wolf thing to do.

ao if you pre-order the final season of The Walking Dead you get the TWD collection for free. that's everything that's been released so far, Seasons 1 & 2, New Frontier, 400 Days and Michone with enhanced graphics for all but New Frontier and its own achievement list if you care bout that kinda thing.

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Aww I really liked clementine, I know she has to die because that’s how these stories play out but man it will make me sad.

edited June 2018
    Shit....new visuals and new achievements? That's actually kind of tempting.

Synthesis on
    IDK... that would mean that I'd have to play through A New Frontier again and I haven't even finished my first run of that season.

i actually quite enjoyed A New Frontier. did something a lil bit different and was all the better for it. it is fitting to end it with Clem though, especially with her looking after AJ. man i just know i'm gonna cry so hard at this one.

not quite sure why it didn't click with me. I started it well after its release and I wasn't fatigued with the genre.

I'm trying to remember what story beats made me go "meh..." and the fact that nothing jumps out may just be the answer. It was just... there?

i actually quite enjoyed A New Frontier. did something a lil bit different and was all the better for it. it is fitting to end it with Clem though, especially with her looking after AJ. man i just know i'm gonna cry so hard at this one.

Clementine is great in ANF (for what little she's in). And I like Ajay. It's not without it's issues, but I liked it as a change of pace.

I made it through the commentariat E3 of day one. yay!

I watched a streamer airing the e3 press conference on his channel it alternated between extreme cringe to extreme disinterest . Not even the memes of twitch chat could keep me entertained. So I always thought destiny looked like a super serious less interesting borderlands and the same applies to anthem. Also those graphics are getting downgraded for everything that isn’t a pc , don’t doubt that for a second.

Oh, the presentations in E3 aren't a problem for me. They're live infomercials performed by people who mostly have little to no training/background in public speaking, or who were contracted to appear and have may have passing interest in the subject matter.

What I made it through today was the whole "omg this is so yesterday"/"they murdered my childhood"/"this is bad"/"sports, oh no"/"<thing that doesn't interest me>, on no!" rabble that the enthusiast sphere gets worked into around this time. I think streaming culture actually made this phenomena worse too... but eh.

I mean in all fairness if you were a c&c fan it probably sucked to see them make a dinky mobile game after they killed the studio. There probably wouldn’t have been such negativity if they had shown anything of interest either. About the only thing they showed that was actually news was not destiny .

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I mean in all fairness if you were a c&c fan it probably sucked to see them make a dinky mobile game after they killed the studio.

I mean, that series has been dead as a doornail for almost a decade now. I'm more surprised to see that the IP is even in use at this point.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I mean in all fairness if you were a c&c fan it probably sucked to see them make a dinky mobile game after they killed the studio.

I mean, that series has been dead as a doornail for almost a decade now. I'm more surprised to see that the IP is even in use at this point.

Nah, EA has done this in the past; pasting an old, unused IP onto a mobile game to try and wring a few last bucks out of it. (See Dungeon Keeper)

edited June 2018
    I mean in all fairness if you were a c&c fan it probably sucked to see them make a dinky mobile game after they killed the studio. There probably wouldn’t have been such negativity if they had shown anything of interest either. About the only thing they showed that was actually news was not destiny .

This is the problem. E3 isn't about any specific group of gamers, and the presumptive groupthink and speak is silly af. Surprisingly, the C&C franchise has been around in the form of Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances-a free to play browser game-for years... and it seems to be thriving. They're even expanding adding a new world or whatever. The umbrage is stupid, as the franchise moved away from what it was long ago.

They showed things of interest, they simply weren't interesting to the minority of people who spend most of their time consuming gaming related content on the internet because it's not an event that caters to explicitly to people who spend most of their time consuming gaming related content on the internet. Furthermore, gamers, much like any group of people aren't some monolithic entity.

edit: To be clear, I'm not just referring to activity on these forums. It's the same nonsense almost everywhere around this time.

tastydonuts on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Twitch chat (95% or more) is a lot like that horrible toxic brown/green gunk that collects on harbour walls.
    And around E3 time it's even worse.

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    ao if you pre-order the final season of The Walking Dead you get the TWD collection for free. that's everything that's been released so far, Seasons 1 & 2, New Frontier, 400 Days and Michone with enhanced graphics for all but New Frontier and its own achievement list if you care bout that kinda thing.

so i went ahead and grabbed this and want to make sure others know how it works. you don't get a code for the Collection. you'll need to go to its store page and it'll be listed as free once you've pre-ordered the new season. i'd been starting to wonder if maybe it was a North America only thing, but nope just gotta do some leg work to get it. so if anyone else has pre-ordered and is wondering what's up, there you go.

As someone who remembers what the first update to Command and Conquer was delivered (via a black diskette), honestly, I thought the the "normal-released strategy title" aspect of the franchise was dead completely. I was only familiar with it continuing on in the form of the open source releases of the early titles and things like that. I really don't think we'll get another Tiberium Wars or Red Alert 3.

Anyway, I'll put this in the OP too:

uwanpallb0y2.jpg

so i went ahead and grabbed this and want to make sure others know how it works. you don't get a code for the Collection. you'll need to go to its store page and it'll be listed as free once you've pre-ordered the new season. i'd been starting to wonder if maybe it was a North America only thing, but nope just gotta do some leg work to get it. so if anyone else has pre-ordered and is wondering what's up, there you go.

Am I remembering things work, or is $20 for the whole season kind of low? I could've sworn they used to be a lot more--is Telltale dropping their pricing? Or do they just go crazy with the pre-order discounts even before including the remake (which itself is still priced at $50 on XBL)?

Am I remembering things work, or is $20 for the whole season kind of low? I could've sworn they used to be a lot more--is Telltale dropping their pricing? Or do they just go crazy with the pre-order discounts even before including the remake (which itself is still priced at $50 on XBL)?

i think it is a bit low, but its also only 4 episodes so that might account for the price.

i think it is a bit low, but its also only 4 episodes so that might account for the price.

That would make sense. Man, I'd kill :winky: for the collection to be Xbox Play anywhere, but as a bonus for pre-ordering something I'm pretty much required to buy at this point, yeah, I'm very much on board.