As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Legends of Tomorrow Flash by like an Arrow!

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    They learned it from watching him.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Y'know, Diaz

people put people in car trunks to hide them from people

you drive a hatchback

sig.gif
  • InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Diaz just don’t give a fuck.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So how did Evil Wells from the first season of Flash have a Gideon like the timeship in Legends? I just now noticed they are the same. Is it actually the same AI, just at different points in its own timeline, or is it another copy?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait. I looked it up. Apparently all those options are true?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Isn't Thawn from further in the future than Rip/Gideon/Legends?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    The original story was that Gideon is basically Future Siri/Google/Alexa/Bixby but designed by Barry Allen. As far as now... I'm going with the "Gideon is an anachronism" theory because of Thawne, Barry, and the Legends messing about.

sig.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2018
    Barry creates Gideon as a Siri-esque AI, then the branding gets brought back as "vintage" and updated in the 22nd century that Thawne and Rip are from. Or, the code and stuff becomes free domain by their time.

It's easy to explain. The hard part is believing Barry made Gideon

Edit: OR

We've seen that Waverider Gideon is sarcastic as fuck, so maybe Wells' Gideon was just fucking with Barry because he's dumb and she thought it was fun

Garlic Bread on
    I can believe that a Barry we've never met has made Gideon, the one that didn't become The Flash until he was originally supposed to in the timeline. The version of Barry the show is about... naah he didn't invent shit.

sig.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I love that Killer Frost is basically "drunk Caitlin" this season. Caitlin is just always "ugh what the fuck did she do last night" and then they leave each other notes

Watching Supergirl this season is kind of weird. It's such an inoffensive non-season so far that it's a stark contrast to the awesomeness of Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow, and the horribleness of Flash and Arrow. It's just kind of there, quietly doing it's thing and putting in the work. It's not even the best/worst season the show's had either, it's squarely in the middle between the first and second seasons.

Anyway, this week.
    Filler episode! Kinda! The episode splits time between J'onn's Dad having to deal with worsening Martian Alzheimer's and Lena trying to get Sam to realize she's Reign. Both kind of succeed at what they're doing, but at the same time, the only real push forward by the end of it is Kara and Mon El finally having it out over their weird attempt at a relationship last year.

Also HR (the department, not Wells) really hates Wynn, I guess.

Again, just kind of... "well, okay."

sig.gif
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I've been really bored with Arrow for a while now

But I actually really liked this one?

It's the kind of thing I wish Daredevil would do

Law & Order With Superheroes

Arrow season finale
    RIP Quentin

I knew Paul Blackthorne was leaving after this season, but I wasn't sure if he would die or have a happy ending. Once Sara showed up, I knew he was gonna croak. Instead of Diaz surviving to the next season, I wish Sara fought him all "lmfao you thought Oliver was the best? You killed my dad I'm ripping your head off"

Next season starts with Ollie in a supermax prison, which is a nice nod to the Supermax movie idea from pre-Arrow and also a nice fuck you if Daredevil Season 3 does some Devil in Cell Block D (Green Arrow would still beat the shit out of MCU Daredevil)

I haven't heard anything on the recurring cast next season, so I don't know how Not-Laurel fits in. I don't think Team Arrow would accept her. I think she'd be a good fit on Legends (she'd play well off of Sara and Mick), but I don't think they'd do that

The place that Not-Laurel should go is Central City, but only long enough to get booted back to E2.

sig.gif
    So next season of Arrow includes Roy as a regular, and at least one appearance of the classic Green Arrow goatee

I'll believe the latter when I see it. They said Ragman would show up in season 6 (specifically episode 5) and he never did

Newest episode of Supergirl.
    Agents of SHIELD did this b-plot better. Like, so much goddamned better. It wouldn't be the CW if they didn't do things ham-fistedly though, I guess. Must be nice having a Wynn around so you can place unrealistic demands on him like "replace all our deathguns with guns that aren't deathy at all. Also you have a couple of hours to outfit the entire DEO, and John Jones doesn't know how government or even normal contracts work, probably."

Also Mon-El and Kara might actually be a thing again. And Evil Is Afoot.

sig.gif
    So everyone's favorite non-BL show in the Beebo-verse* is getting more people.

Courtney Ford has been upgraded to series regular for S4 of Legends of Tomorrow.

LoT casting for a new S4 regular named "Ali", a super-smart Asian 20-something woman.

*Yes, it's called that. Probably.

sig.gif
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Speaking of Beebo...
    d053vidp1niv.jpg
    My wife and I (and the Beebo we bought off Etsy) unexpectedly ended up on Brandon Routh's instagram story today :)

(Matt Ryan (Constantine) also requested to cuddle Beebo when we had our photo with him)

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Speaking of Beebo...
    d053vidp1niv.jpg
    My wife and I (and the Beebo we bought off Etsy) unexpectedly ended up on Brandon Routh's instagram story today :)

(Matt Ryan (Constantine) also requested to cuddle Beebo when we had our photo with him)

I hear tell that Beebo

Wants

Cuuuudddllleeessssss

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Speaking of Beebo...
    d053vidp1niv.jpg

I hear tell that Beebo

Wants

Cuuuudddllleeessssss

If you believe Matt Ryan, Beebo wants all kinds of inappropriate things that could not be aired in their timeslot.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    Beebo is exactly the kind of idea that is so stupid that Legends could only pull off with earnestness

Speaking of Beebo...
    d053vidp1niv.jpg

So you're saying if I dress up as Beebo I can get Brandon Routh and Matt Ryan to cuddle with me?
    If you believe Matt Ryan, Beebo wants all kinds of inappropriate things that could not be aired in their timeslot.

Oh wait I guess I already tried this trick

• JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Other Arrowverse characters that have apparently been bumped to regular: Cecile, Ralph, Nora West-Allen

• AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    No, No, and No thanks.

Especially not the current version of Ralph.

edited June 2018
    I'm always down for more Jessica Parker Kennedy, too bad she's on The Flash. Maybe she'll get a scene in the crossover.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    I mostly liked Flash this season. It's not Legends, but it was more fun than it's been in recent years

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Flash needs to go back to the season 1 style where it felt more monster-of-the-week and dealt more with team dynamics and team building in the first half, then in the back half introduced a threat and dealt with it. They need to stop having the season finales tease a big season arc problem.

Arrow I think would work well with the Agents of SHIELD style multiple mini arcs that tied together in the last 3rd.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
    I remember how impressed I was with S1 Arrow. Him coming back to the real world and sleeping under the window in the rain and going out doing his thing to make people he felt deserved it pay. It was dark, raw and gritty for the hero to not necessarily be superhuman or even necessarily right. It devolved so fast after S2. I know that I could've done without the Island-time stories where he wasn't even on the island.

edited June 2018
    Yeah, it went downhill because Andrew Kreisberg left after S2 to do the Flash, and Mark Guggenheim took over.

Of course in retrospect, Kreisberg was a fuckhead too, but for completely different reasons.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Perhaps they balanced each other out.

Perhaps they balanced each other out.
    Well, one ruined a TV show and the other couldn't keep his hands to himself (and maybe ruined a different TV show?), so... I doubt it.

sig.gif
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Awww. According to EW no Legends of Tomorrow in the big crossover event next season.

Would've been interesting to see Sara and the gang interact with Batwoman.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Awww. According to EW no Legends of Tomorrow in the big crossover event next season.

Well, the LoT show itself won't be part of it, but that doesn't mean the cast won't. I think they maybe just don't want to stretch the plot out to 4 episodes this time.

Terrendos wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »

Well, the LoT show itself won't be part of it, but that doesn't mean the cast won't. I think they maybe just don't want to stretch the plot out to 4 episodes this time.

I could also see them wanting a smaller group if it is the Intro for Batwoman. having all the Legends in it too would probably cut down on them being able to shine a light on the new person.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    TVLine reports that CW is looking to cast a lesbian actress to play Kate Kane and are open to actresses of any ethnicity for the role.

Which is very cool

CYpGAPn.png
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    For all the flak I give to the CW about their heightened relationship drama and secret keeping in their shows, they do a pretty good job with diversity casting and plotlines in shows relating to LGBTQ.

The best example of this is when Sara came out as bisexual to Quentin and he was just like "whatever. you're my daughter and I love you"

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited July 2018
    LoT not being in the crossover makes it that much easier to skip it. I have little to no interest in the other three shows st this point, so this is good news for me.

Besides LoT can have it's own crossover, with blackjack and Swamp Thing.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    LoT is 40% crossover, baby!

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Best hypothetical LoT crossover?

Mine would be Guy Gardner. Mick and him go to a bar in outer space and get into a fight.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    They don't even need to go to outer space to do that though. Also Sara drops Guy with a single punch, because REFERENCES.

(Technically should be Ollie I guess, since he's the Batman of the Beebo-verse, but I doubt Felicity would let him leave the house for any fun, ever.)

sig.gif