As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Neaden wrote: »
    I don't think they knew. If they did I'm not sure they would have released a new core and done rotation.

Eh honestly the game is better for the things that rotated out being gone and the new core. This is a better snapshot of the game. Granted, maybe they would have just put out the revised core as a PDF instead of a thing to buy.

I agree, I just doubt they would have done it is they knew they were going to lose the license. I assume the core and big boxes are long tail products.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    But it’s all gonna be out of print and hard to get now, is the thing

6F32U1X.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    But it’s all gonna be out of print and hard to get now, is the thing

Honestly, the only things that might be hard to get are the things that are already hard to get (things between printings or maybe the first cycle). Maybe the deluxe boxes, as I imagine they were always more popular than data packs. But otherwise there's such an excess of product littering the shelves that you'd have ample time to pick up whatever you want. There are several stores near me that definitely have more than 3 full sets of packs for the last cycle or two, and I'm quite certain that's going to be commonplace phenomenon.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    ...You know, contemplating it, I think I'd actually be down for a Android: Corporate Warfare LCG. Two giants just slugging it out, acting as Johnsons and hiring runners to sabotage their rival, etc.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    ...You know, contemplating it, I think I'd actually be down for a Android: Corporate Warfare LCG. Two giants just slugging it out, acting as Johnsons and hiring runners to sabotage their rival, etc.

I mean, New Angeles is right there, no need to be mean
    I just want people to play New Angeles with.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2018
    Well, yeah, New Angeles is awesome but I meant as a 1v1 game.

Also, I totally missed it, but that announcement on Worlds mentioned that the date for the ANR ones was moved up to September 7th – 9th instead of November.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Ok, that’s fair, I’d drop cash on a 2 player Corp Shadowwar game.

Hail Hydra
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »

I bought it and never played it. I really want to though everyone always wants to play other stuff generally.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Oh!

But I just got my first game in years last week and was jonesing for more!

Booooo.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I wonder if all the World Champs design-a-cards that were pending are going to be stuck in R&R now.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2018
    Nisi wrote: »
    Matev wrote: »

I bought it and never played it. I really want to though everyone always wants to play other stuff generally.

I got to do it once about a year and a half back. The Federalist played us all like fiddles cause we all thought he was being his usual scatter-brained self. Haven’t been able to convince people to try it since. One day I’ll retake the city.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Loan the Android IP to Obsidian!

EDIT - Or Android: A Telltale Series!

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Well, this news got us to get back to our Terminal Directive playthrough

question that it's too late to fix cause I lost a game because of it: do "when all ice protecting this server is passed" upgrades still kick in if they got in via Sneakdoor Beta and didn't actually encounter any of the ice on the server

cause boy if I did I would not have lost real bad like I did

6F32U1X.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

question that it's too late to fix cause I lost a game because of it: do "when all ice protecting this server is passed" upgrades still kick in if they got in via Sneakdoor Beta and didn't actually encounter any of the ice on the server

Yes. Basically you are running Archives until such time as you actually commit to accessing archives. There's a window where you have passed all ice but before you decide to access or jack out.

Now, if there were no ice on Archives, you technically didn't pass any ice.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »

Yes. Basically you are running Archives until such time as you actually commit to accessing archives. There's a window where you have passed all ice but before you decide to access or jack out.

Even if there was ice on Archives, that's not the same as passing the ice on HQ, right? Even though HQ is where they ended up?

6F32U1X.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Even if there was ice on Archives, that's not the same as passing the ice on HQ, right? Even though HQ is where they ended up?

You need the upgrade on Archives, then you trigger the effect after they’ve passed the Archives ICE and before their access switches to HQ.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Finally got to play an Adam deck

Oh man is Adam 100% my shit, I loved figuring out how to navigate his limitations and use them to turn it around in them

6F32U1X.png
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    there's some recent adam decks that have been super fucking great fun too

basically Find The Truth and RNG Key in Adam are the bomb

In case anyone was wondering, Damon mentioned what the license entailed.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WotC did sue Hex for blatantly copying Magic, so I'm not sure it's just professional courtesy.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    WotC actually has a patent on Magic'a mechanics. Although I think it is expired now.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    They apparently own the concept of starting with 30 life and a lot of other ridiculous ideas.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FryFry Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    They apparently own the concept of starting with 30 life and a lot of other ridiculous ideas.

Normally I would agree that some of the attempted copyright stuff is ridiculous, but I remember looking at WotC's complaint against HEX and it was a bit more specific than that: games where you start with 20 life and 7 cards in hand and draw one card every turn, maybe those happen to be very natural numbers for making a game. But they went a little bit too far with their copying: both games happened to have a card called Murder that costs 1BB, is an instant, and has the effect of "kill target creature." I think there were at least a couple other directly copied cards.

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular

I'm epimer in the Stimhack thread on this, which has my input from the point of view of an IP professional in it, but the tl;dr is that FFG asked WotC for permission to do something that they didn't need permission for in the first place, and now that agreement has expired they're saying they don't have permission to do the thing that they never needed permission to do in the first place.

Great reason to lose the game.

(I'm now in the "anger" stage of grieving)

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »

I'm epimer in the Stimhack thread on this, which has my input from the point of view of an IP professional in it, but the tl;dr is that FFG asked WotC for permission to do something that they didn't need permission for in the first place, and now that agreement has expired they're saying they don't have permission to do the thing that they never needed permission to do in the first place.

Great reason to lose the game.

(I'm now in the "anger" stage of grieving)

More than just a corporate decision its also a career decision by employees - lot of managers don't really want to have 'broke the industries gentleman's agreement' on their CVs. It's not the biggest industry after all.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I saw it mentioned elsewhere, but I wonder if all the World Champs design-a-cards that were pending are going to be stuck in R&R now.

1) unquestionably.

2) this is partly due to the fact that Dan never got in touch with Damon to make his second card. I will let you draw your own conclusions as to why that might be.

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Yeah it seems from rumours that Chris Dyer's card will be in R&R, but maybe not Wilfy's. They might do the thing they did with Conquest where the final champ card got a print on demand run of a few hundred.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I am eager to figure out what people come up with after R&R for sevenish (+ mini factions?) balanced decks for each main faction using an assumed 3 cores and one of every other product.

Not really surprising, but R&R has a US release date of 6/28.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Such a soon date seems like a thing unheard of in tabletop games where there's a lot of product to manufacture

That means they have it all done and are shipping it off like, this week, right?

6F32U1X.png

@PMAvers where did you see this? I can't find anything corroborating that

6F32U1X.png

@PMAvers where did you see this? I can't find anything corroborating that

The Upcoming page.

persona4celestia.jpg
    Oh nice, the 2017 World Champs Decks actually came out.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Alright, registered for Day 1A of Magnum Opus. Bit more expensive than I wanted, but.. hey.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm registered for day 2! Excited.

I'm not that far from Minnesota, can I just...go? or did I miss out?

6F32U1X.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I haven't played this in two years but I'm still depressed. I wonder if this is related to Cyberpunk 2077? CDPR sure does like their card games.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I haven't played this in two years but I'm still depressed. I wonder if this is related to Cyberpunk 2077? CDPR sure does like their card games.

No we had it all pretty completely spelled out, the license is back with Wizards of the Coast.

liEt3nH.png
    New article's up talking about the Crims & Weyland in R&R. Order and Profit.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Paragon seems like a "fair" version of Desperado.