As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - In The Flickering Hours Before Death

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - In The Flickering Hours Before Death

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Watched Shroud play this the other night. It wasn't super smooth but it did look fun.

• PsyraPsyra Registered User regular
    I couldn't really understand the 'fantasy' in it.... the trailers seemed to show a lot of futuristic-sounding/looking guns/weapons...

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I was intrigued when I found out Paladins was getting a Battle Royale mode, but then disappointed to find out it wasn't going to be a hero shooter BR game like I imagined. Realm Royale does look cool, though. One of the more promising BR games I think.

Hopefully Blue Hole doesn't sue them for having chicken imagery in their game :P

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm already over the Battle Royale fad.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    The game is quite a bit of fun and is pretty much just how Gabe describes: it's Fortnite without building spam fuckery. The pace is also a tad slower, somewhere between PUBG and Fortnite - can give you more time to farm up gear before engagments, if that's your thing. And it has "hero" classes; determines your abilities and passives, but everyone can use the same weapons (minus hero class weapons).

It's in open alpha right now.
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm already over the Battle Royale fad.

Yeah, this game isn't bringing much new to the table that might pull you back in. It's different enough, but not that different.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The "chicken" mechanic was a bunch of fun when I played with it.

Basically, instead of bleeding out and dying when you get knocked down, you get turned into a chicken who squawks very loudly. If you can survive 30 seconds without being killed in this form, you get revived. Which is actually a ton of fun trying to run away from your pursuers.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    The "chicken" mechanic was a bunch of fun when I played with it.

Basically, instead of bleeding out and dying when you get knocked down, you get turned into a chicken who squawks very loudly. If you can survive 30 seconds without being killed in this form, you get revived. Which is actually a ton of fun trying to run away from your pursuers.

Yeah, it's especially cool when it creates situations where you have to decide if it's a better bet to chase and kill the chicken before they respawn or deal with the chicken's teammates.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    This chicken mechanic sounds like a lot of fun. I gotta give the devs credits, they're actually putting in some effort to distinguish this from every other battle royale game out there.

• Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    That last line.
    Now I'm picturing Tycho swiping a credit card through Gabe's asscrack.
    Well, played.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    The Forges are pretty neat, too. Any loot you find in the field that you don't need can be broken down into shards, which can be spent in a Forge that are littered around the map for legendary-tier gear. It takes a minute to craft, though, so you have to defend yourself while it's being made otherwise someone can swoop in and steal it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Jesus christ how many nearly identical royale games are there going to be?

Don't get me wrong, they're fun, but you could have told me this was Fortnite with a new skin pack and I'd have believed you.

What is this I don't even.
  • ChaosPathChaosPath Registered User regular
    Slick crevice