As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    For the record, I had predicted For before Hedgethorn played, but could not actually put that in thread until @Ketar had declared whether he wanted to render me mute or not.
    Otherwise there's the potential to force me not to use an AC I'd revealed.

If Ketar could declare whether he wants to use my Secret early in the day, then I won't have to be non-commital on every AC play or non-play until the timer expires.

Of course that is difficult with my hand of 8 riders but I persevere.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Dreadnought to that beta wormhole next to N'orr Winnu

Much better Idea...

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    The agenda passes For; each player has 1 vote in each agenda.

The second agenda is revealed from the deck:
    Minister of Industry (Law)
    Elect Player: The elected player gains this card. When the owner of this card places a space dock in a system, his units in that system may use their Production abilities.

Voting Order
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody): 1 vote
    The Winnu (discrider): 1 vote
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda): 1 vote
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn): 1 vote
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo): 1 vote
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar): 1 vote

At least 24 hours will be allocated for discussion, deals, transactions, and Action Card declarations, unless all players collectively call for voting to start before then.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2018
    Though actually, there aren't any more Action Cards that could be played before the start of voting, so it's really just deals and transactions now.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    @discrider If you vote for Letnev, I'll give you your Political Secret back.

Pretty good deal considering the likelihood of Construction potentially not even getting played again.

Ketar on
    I'll vote for Mojo unless someone will offer something for my vote.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I don't care about this, we can start voting anytime as far as I'm concerned. My vote will probably go to Mojo.

Ketar wrote: »
    @discrider If you vote for Letnev, I'll give you your Political Secret back.

Pretty good deal considering the likelihood of Construction potentially not even getting played again.

I mean, sure.

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    1 vote for Mojo

Confirm 1 vote for @Ketar for my Political Secret card trade with Ketar

Confirm 1 vote for @Ketar for my Political Secret card trade with Ketar

Hold up @discrider Given the other comments that have been added - and since we were still supposed to be in the discussion period - I'm not really interested in this deal any longer. I don't care enough about this to bribe someone else, and wouldn't be able to win without doing so. So vote for whoever you like.

:shrug:
    We vote for ourselves then @Preda

1 vote for mojo.

@Hedgethorn

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    1 vote for Mojo.

@Mojo_Jojo

But just imagine if I got kicked off MR and then immediately claimed it back and dumped 10 new GF on it that turn.
    I mean it wouldn't happen.
    But just imagine

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I will join the wise majority

1 vote for Mojo

@ketar

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    Is it too late to throw a rider on Mojo?

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Yes.

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Yes.

*Puts discard pile back down*

Abstain.

@MrBlarney

edited June 2018
    Round 6: Start of Strategy Phase

First Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Representative Government".
    Mentak plays Action Card "Leadership Rider", predicting an outcome of Against. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Winnu plays Action Card "Warfare Rider", predicting an outcome of For. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Vote results: 14 - For (N'orr, Naalu)
    All players have 1 vote in each agenda.
    Winnu places 1 Dreadnought in the Winnu Home System for their successful "Warfare Rider" prediction.
    Second Agenda
    The top card of the Agenda deck is drawn: "Minister of Industry".
    Vote results: 4 - Naalu (Creuss, N'orr, Mentak, Naalu), 1 - Winnu (Winnu)
    Naalu gains control of the "Minister of Industry" card.

Current Map: Round 6, Start of Strategy Phase

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    Sardakk N'orr - 6 VP
    The Mentak Coalition - 6 VP
    The Winnu - 6 VP
    The Ghosts of Creuss - 4 VP
    The Naalu Collective - 4 VP
    The Barony of Letnev - 3 VP

Public Objectives
    Negotiate Trade Routes (1 VP): Spend 5 Trade Goods.: Naalu, Winnu, Creuss
    Corner the Market (1 VP): Control 4 planets that each have the same planet trait.: N'orr, Mentak, Letnev, Creuss
    Erect a Monument (1 VP): Spend 8 resources.: Creuss, N'orr, Naalu, Letnev, Mentak
    Lead from the Front (1 VP): Spend a total of 3 tokens from your Tactic and/or Strategy pools.: Naalu
    Develop Weaponry (1 VP): Own 2 unit upgrade technologies.: N'orr, Winnu, Mentak, Letnev
    Revolutionize Warfare (2 VP): Own 3 unit upgrade technologies.
    Unify the Colonies (2 VP): Control 6 planets that each have the same planet trait.
    3 Stage II Objectives remain in the deck.

Secret Objectives
    The Mentak Coalition: Master the Laws of Physics (Status Phase, 1 VP): Own 4 technologies of the same color.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Naalu Collective: Form a Spy Network (Status Phase, 1 VP): Discard 5 Action Cards.
    2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Barony of Letnev: 2 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Ghosts of Creuss: 3 unfulfilled secret objectives in hand.
    The Winnu: Become the Gatekeeper (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in a system that contains an Alpha wormhole and 1 or more ships in a system that contains a Beta wormhole.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.
    Sardakk N'orr: Control the Region (Status Phase, 1 VP): Have one or more ships in 6 systems.
    1 unfulfilled secret objective in hand.

Special Objectives
    Naalu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Mentak's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    N'orr's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Mentak.
    Custodians of Mecatol Rex (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu.
    Letnev's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by Winnu.
    Winnu's Support for the Throne (1 VP): Held by N'orr.
    Imperial Rider (1 VP): Successful prediction by Creuss.
    Imperial Primary Ability (1 VP): Claimed by Winnu once (Round 4).

The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn)
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 5

Tactic Pool: 2
    Fleet Pool: 3
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Naalu's Support for the Throne, N'orr's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Graviton Laser System, Salvage Operations, Mirror Computing, Plasma Scoring, Cruiser II, Space Dock II

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    R - Arinam (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Arnor (Industrial, 2R, 1I)
    R - Lodor (Cultural, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lor (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Tar'mann (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Fourth Moon: Combat Value 7 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Other players' ships in this system cannot use Sustain Damage.
    - Racial Technology: Salvage Operations (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): After you win or lose a Space Combat, gain 1 Trade Good. If you won the combat, you may also produce 1 ship in that system of any ship type that was destroyed during the combat.
    - Racial Technology: Mirror Computing (Yellow, requires 3 Yellow): When you spend Trade Goods, each Trade Good is worth 2 resources or influence instead of 1.
    - Ambush: At the start of Space Combat, you may roll 1 die for each of up to 2 of your Cruisers or Destroyers in the system. For each result equal to or greater than that ship's combat value, produce 1 hit; your opponent must assign it to one of his ships.
    - Pillage: After 1 of your neighbors gains Trade Goods or resolves a transaction, if he has 3 or more Trade Goods, you may take 1 of his Trade Goods or Commodities.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Promise of Protection: Action: Place this card faceup in your play area. While this card is in your play area, the Mentak player cannot use his "Pillage" faction ability against you. If you activate a system that contains 1 or more of the Mentak player's units, return this card to the Mentak player.

The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo)
    Commodities: 3 / 3
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 3

Strategy Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Mentak's Ceasefire (Ceasefire, Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Gift of Prescience)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Dacxive Animators, Hyper Metabolism, Neuroglaive, Sarween Tools, Antimass Deflectors, Hybrid Crystal Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Maaluuk (0R, 2I)
    R - Druaa (3R, 1I)
    R - Qucen'n (Industrial, 1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (Cultural, 0R, 3I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Hybrid Crystal Fighter (Fighter): As Fighter, but Combat Value 8.
    - Flagship: Matriarch: Combat Value 9 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 6. Sustain Damage. During an invasion in this system, you may commit Fighters to planets as if they were ground forces. After combat, return those units to the space area.
    - Racial Technology: Hybrid Crystal Fighter II (unit upgrade, requires 1 Green and 1 Blue): As Fighter, but Combat Value 7, Movement 2. Does not need to be Carried; each Fighter in excess of your ships' Capacity counts as 1/2 of a ship against your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Technology: Neuroglaive (Green, requires 3 Green): After another player activates a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, that player removes 1 token from his Fleet pool and returns it to his reinforcements.
    - Telepathic: At the end of the Strategy Phase, place the Naalu "0" token on the Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order.
    - Foresight: After another player moves ships into a system that contains 1 or more of your ships, you may place 1 token from your Strategy pool in an adjacent system that does not contain another player's ships; move your ships from the active system into that system.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Gift of Prescience: At the end of the Strategy Phase: place this card face up in your play area and place the Naalu "0" token on your Strategy Card; you are first in initiative order. The Naalu player cannot use his "Telepathic" faction ability during this game round. Return this card to the Naalu player at the end of the Status Phase.

The Barony of Letnev (Ketar) SPEAKER
    Commodities: 0 / 2
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4

Tactic Pool: 1
    Fleet Pool: 4

Promissory Notes: N'orr's Ceasefire, Winnu's Political Secret (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, War Funding)
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Fleet Logistics, Plasma Scoring, Magen Defense Grid, Non-Euclidean Shielding, Sarween Tools, Dreadnought II, War Sun

Worlds:
    R - Arc Prime (4R, 0I)
    R - Wren Terra (2R, 1I)
    R - Centauri (Cultural, 1R, 3I)
    R - Coorneeq (Cultural, 1R, 2I)
    R - Gral (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)
    R - Resculon (Cultural, 2R, 0I)
    R - Saudor (Industrial, 2R, 2I)
    R - Tequ'ran (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Torkan (Cultural, 0R, 3I)
    R - Wellon (Industrial, 1R, 2I, Y)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Arc Secundus: Combat Value 5 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage, Bombardment 5 (x3). Other players' units in this system lose Planetary Shield. At the start of each space combat round, repair this ship.
    - Racial Technology: L4 Disruptors (Yellow, requires 1 Yellow): During an Invasion, units cannot use Space Cannon against your units.
    - Racial Technology: Non-Euclidean Shielding (Red, requires 2 Red): When 1 of your units uses Sustain Damage, cancel 2 hits instead of 1.
    - Munitions Reserves: At the start of each round of Space Combat, you may spend 2 Trade Goods; if you do, you may reroll any number of your dice during that combat round.
    - Armada: The maximum number of non-Fighter ships you can have in each system is equal to 2 more than the number of tokens in your Fleet pool.
    - Racial Promissory Note: War Funding: At the start of a round of Space Combat: The Letnev player loses 2 Trade Goods. During this combat round, reroll any number of your dice. Then, return this card to the Letnev player.

The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody)
    Commodities: 0 / 4
    Trade Goods: 4
    Action Cards: 7

Fleet Pool: 4
    Strategy Pool: 2

Promissory Notes: Winnu's Ceasefire, N'orr's Tekklar Legion (Trade Agreement, Political Secret, Support for the Throne, Creuss IFF)
    Technology: Gravity Drive, Antimass Deflectors, Wormhole Generator, Sarween Tools, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Creuss (4R, 2I)
    R - Bereg (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)
    R - Lirta IV (Hazardous, 2R, 3I)
    R - Meer (Hazardous, 0R, 4I, R)
    R - New Albion (Industrial, 1R, 1I, G)
    R - Starpoint (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Hil Colish: Combat Value 5, Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. This ship's system contains a Delta wormhole. During movement, this ship may move before or after your other ships.
    - Racial Technology: Dimensional Splicer (Red, requires 1 Red): At the start of Space Combat in a system that contains a wormhole and 1 or more of your ships, you may produce 1 hit and assign it to 1 of your opponent's ships.
    - Racial Technology: Wormhole Generator (Blue, requires 2 Blue): At the start of the Status Phase, place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships.
    - Quantum Entanglement: You treat all systems that contain either an Alpha or Beta wormhole as adjacent to each other. Game effects cannot prevent you from using this ability.
    - Slipstream: During your Tactical Actions, apply +1 to the movement value of each of your ships that starts its movement in your home system or in a system that contains either an Alpha or Beta wormhole.
    - Creuss Gate: When the board is created, the Creuss Gate is placed where your home system would normally be placed. The Creuss Gate system is not a home system; your home system is placed in your play area.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Creuss IFF: At the start of your turn during the Action Phase: Place or move a Creuss wormhole token into either a system that contains a planet you control or a non-home system that does not contain another player's ships. Then, return this card to the Creuss player.

The Winnu (discrider)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 5

Promissory Notes: Creuss' Ceasefire, Letnev's Support for the Throne, Mentak's Promise of Protection (Trade Agreement, Acquiescence)
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Hegemonic Trade Policy, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Plasma Scoring, PDS II, Space Dock II

Worlds:
    R - Winnu (3R, 4I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    R - Lazar (Industrial, 1R, 0I, Y)
    R - Sakulag (Hazardous, 3R, 2I, Terraforming Initiative)
    R - Thibah (Industrial, 1R, 1I, B)

Other Racial Data:
    - Flagship: Salai Sai Corian: Combat Value 7 (x?), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. When this unit makes a combat roll, it rolls a number of dice equal to the number of your opponent's non-Fighter ships in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Lazax Gate Folding (Blue, requires 2 Blue): During your Tactical Actions, if you do not control Mecatol Rex, treat its system as if it contains both an Alpha and Beta wormhole. Action: If you control Mecatol Rex, exhaust this card to place 1 Infantry from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Technology: Hegemonic Trade Policy (Yellow, requires 2 Yellow): Exhaust this card when 1 or more of your units use Production; swap the resource and influence value of 1 planet you control until the end of your turn.
    - Blood Ties: You do not have to spend influence to remove the Custodians token from Mecatol Rex.
    - Reclamation: After you resolve a Tactical Action during which you gained control of Mecatol Rex, you may place 1 PDS and 1 Space Dock from your reinforcements on Mecatol Rex.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Acquiescence: At the end of the Strategy Phase: Exchange 1 of your Strategy Cards with a Strategy Card that was chosen by the Winnu player. Then, return this card to the Winnu player.

Sardakk N'orr (Preda)
    Commodities: 0 / 3
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 6

Tactic Pool: 1

Promissory Notes: Letnev's Ceasefire, Mentak's Support for the Throne, Winnu's Support for the Throne (Trade Agreement, Political Secret)
    Technology: Neural Motivator, Antimass Deflectors, Gravity Drive, Sarween Tools, Carrier II, Fighter II

Worlds:
    R - Tren'lak (1R, 0I)
    R - Quinarra (3R, 1I)
    R - Abyz (Hazardous, 3R, 0I)
    R - Fria (Hazardous, 2R, 0I)
    R - Mellon (Cultural, 0R, 2I)
    R - Quann (Cultural, 2R, 1I)
    R - Vefut II (Hazardous, 2R, 2I)
    R - Zohbat (Hazardous, 3R, 1I)

Other Racial Data:
    - Racial Unit: Exotrireme (Dreadnought): As Dreadought, but Bombardment 4 (x2).
    - Flagship: C'morran N'orr: Combat Value 6 (x2), Movement 1, Carry Capacity 3. Sustain Damage. Apply +1 to the result of each of your other ships' combat rolls in this system.
    - Racial Technology: Valkyrie Particle Weave (Red, requires 2 Red): After making combat rolls during a round of Ground Combat, if your opponent produced 1 or more hits, you produce 1 additional hit.
    - Racial Technology: Exotrireme II (unit upgrade, requires 2 Blue and 1 Yellow): As Dreadnought, but Movement 2, Bombardment 4 (x2). This unit cannot be destroyed by "Direct Hit" action cards. After a round of Space Combat, you may destroy this unit to destroy up to 2 ships in this system.
    - Unrelenting: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls.
    - Racial Promissory Note: Tekklar Legion: At the start of an Invasion Combat: Apply +1 to the result of each of your units' combat rolls during this combat. If your opponent is the N'orr player, apply -1 to the result of each of his unit's combat rolls during this combat. Then, return this card to the N'orr player.

Agenda Effects
    Terraforming Intiative - Attached to Sakulag. The resource and influence values of this planet are increased by 1.
    Minister of Commerce - Held by Winnu. After Winnu replenishes commodities, they gain 1 trade good for each player that is their neighbor.
    Representative Government - Players cannot exhaust planets to cast votes during the agenda phase; each player may cast 1 vote on each agenda instead.
    Minister of Industry - Held by Naalu. When Naalu places a space dock in a system, their units in that system may use their Production abilities.

Order of Play
    The Barony of Letnev (Ketar):
    The Ghosts of Creuss (MrBody):
    The Winnu (discrider):
    Sardakk N'orr (Preda):
    The Mentak Coalition (Hedgethorn):
    The Naalu Collective (Mojo_Jojo):

There is 1 Trade Good on each of the (2) Diplomacy Strategy Card and the (5) Trade Strategy Card; the player that selects one of these cards immediately claims the attached Trade Good.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I promise to be a fabulously corrupt but well dressed minister in whatever fresh galactic government is about to be established

@MrBody If Winnu gets Imperial, they win this round unless someone takes their home world early on. Or if nobody takes tech and they don't have the action card that would let them research without tech, but I wouldn't want to count on that.

If you want me to take Politics as agreed, I will. But I hope you'll either be taking Imperial or have a plan for Winnu if so.

Where are the strategy card TGs at the moment?

edited June 2018
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Where are the strategy card TGs at the moment?

2 on Diplomacy, 1 on Trade, I think?

Hedgethorn on
    Whoops, forgot to add that to the post. It's one on each of Diplomacy and Trade, actually.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    @MrBody If Winnu gets Imperial, they win this round unless someone takes their home world early on. Or if nobody takes tech and they don't have the action card that would let them research without tech, but I wouldn't want to count on that.

If you want me to take Politics as agreed, I will. But I hope you'll either be taking Imperial or have a plan for Winnu if so.

How do the Winnu reach 10 VP this round? I'm seeing 2 for unit upgrade objective, then 1 for Imperial. Are they guaranteed their remaining secret objective?

Anyway, they won't get Imperial. I promised retribution. I request you pick anything but Technology.

MrBody wrote: »

How do the Winnu reach 10 VP this round? I'm seeing 2 for unit upgrade objective, then 1 for Imperial. Are they guaranteed their remaining secret objective?

Anyway, they won't get Imperial. I promised retribution. I request you pick anything but Technology.

Imperial lets them immediately score 1 public objective - they can do either the spend 8 resources or spend 3 tokens (easy after they've played Leadership secondary, still doable even without) for 1 point - score 1 point for MR, and then get the 2 point unit upgrade objective at the end of the round for 10.

Imperial

Not good for it go to N'orr or Mentak either, frankly.

@MrBody

Technology

@discrider

:rolls eyes:
    Clearly I deserve retribution for taking out a single destroyer after being denied resources all game, in the face of being further invaded to complete your VPs.

edited June 2018

Imperial lets them immediately score 1 public objective - they can do either the spend 8 resources or spend 3 tokens (easy after they've played Leadership secondary, still doable even without) for 1 point - score 1 point for MR, and then get the 2 point unit upgrade objective at the end of the round for 10.

I believe 8 resources + a tech = not spending anything on anything else this turn (if I can even do it?)

Frankly though, having a hard time seeing what I should pick now that you're not taking Politics.

discrider on
    @Mojo_Jojo would you trade your racial note for the Speaker token?

I believe 8 resources + a tech = not spending anything on anything else this turn (if I can even do it?)

Frankly though, having a hard time seeing what I should pick now that you're not taking Politics.

You can do it just fine. Even if you couldn't, the 3 tokens point is easy for you as long as Leadership gets played.

And you could get a point from an SO.

edited June 2018

You can do it just fine. Even if you couldn't, the 3 tokens point is easy for you as long as Leadership gets played.

Again, you were assuming Tech got picked as well.
    Which it would not or should not have, but it sounds like MrBody would have bounced Imperial to someone else while taking Tech.

Perhaps he was thinking of invading whoever took Imperial between Hedgethorn and Preda?

discrider on

Which it would not or should not have, but it sounds like MrBody would have bounced Imperial to someone else while taking Tech.

There was zero chance of Tech not being picked.

There was zero chance of Tech not being picked.

If Preda or Hedgethorn landed with Imperial, Hedgethorn at least would have been in a position to win this turn, assuming all his SOs are not unachievable.
    Preda may have been able to pull out a double 2 VP PO turn too, but that seems less likely.

The only way to not get into that situation was to either get Imperial on someone who was not us, or not play Tech.

edited June 2018
    If I had Imperial... It would have been touch and go.
    Couldn't complete 8R objective, would've needed to use CCs to defend myself and score MR as well as keeping 3 CCs remaining somehow.
    I probably would've been smashed to pieces.

discrider on
    Imperial

Imperial

I think if you hadn't done that and you were saying you weren't going to, barring the Creuss fleet bearing down on a leader, then Tech wouldn't be picked because it could give whoever had picked Imperial between us a good shot at winning this round.