As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

1909192939496»

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    At this stage I actually have more faith in The Division 2 than Anthem because TD2 has a couple of years of TD1 lessons behind it.

Yeah the more info that slips about Anthem the more worrying it sounds and it is not like Anthem's announcement started off on the right foot to begin with.

For a Div2 I'd like to see Detroit. At the very least I'd love for it to stay in winter cause winter is the best.

I dunno...I think I'd prefer D.C. I kinda like the idea of having an end-ish game mission take place in the Smithsonian.

The Smithsonian is about 16 different museums. Plus the Zoo.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    At this stage I actually have more faith in The Division 2 than Anthem because TD2 has a couple of years of TD1 lessons behind it.

Yeah the more info that slips about Anthem the more worrying it sounds and it is not like Anthem's announcement started off on the right foot to begin with.

For a Div2 I'd like to see Detroit. At the very least I'd love for it to stay in winter cause winter is the best.

I dunno...I think I'd prefer D.C. I kinda like the idea of having an end-ish game mission take place in the Smithsonian.

The Smithsonian is about 16 different museums. Plus the Zoo.

End-game raid, then. :P

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    honestly the prospect of anthem and division coming out at the same time actually excites me. The grinding will never stop, and the different atmospheres complement each other well. I love division for the gritty cityscapes, but being able to take a break with some colourful scifi would be great. However I get that most gamers arent crazy like me and dont buy all the games.

For instance I bought MGSV when it was full price, never got around to playing it until it became free on gold. I have a problem, and ill never learn my lesson

Prohass on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Hadn't considered D.C. This is now what I want. So many possibilities.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Las Vegas would be neat, but dc is probably the best fit. Though is it definite that it's going to be a new city?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Las Vegas would be neat, but dc is probably the best fit. Though is it definite that it's going to be a new city?

Nah, I don't think they've commented on it. I did read in an interview that they said they didn't necessarily want to be tied to the story they told in the first game, something like that, so that suggests to me that they might choose to set the sequel in a new place.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

Nah, I don't think they've commented on it. I did read in an interview that they said they didn't necessarily want to be tied to the story they told in the first game, something like that, so that suggests to me that they might choose to set the sequel in a new place.

Yeah I suppose there is still a pretty large chunk of Manhattan left, plus the whole thing has the benefit of being an island adding to that since of being trapped and on your own.

Though I admit DC does seem a natural fit for a sequel (though I'd still love Detroit, but I'm biased :razz: )

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm still getting my ass kicked on World Tier 1 search and destroy missions
    And now there's an event going on? And there's ammo types I gotta match to enemies? Can I fucking opt out of this?
    I just want to run around solo and grind out some crap while I'm listening to podcasts, I don't know what any of this shit is
    I think I'm done

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Next installment needs to be in Philadelphia.

Homefront didn't do it justice.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited May 2018

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    And now there's an event going on? And there's ammo types I gotta match to enemies? Can I fucking opt out of this?
    I just want to run around solo and grind out some crap while I'm listening to podcasts, I don't know what any of this shit is
    I think I'm done

Honestly I'd not do Search and Destroy missions building up World Tiers, they are pretty slow and are for building up higher end gear (at least that's what I use them for.)

Do you have Underground? I leveled up my WT with Underground in a few hours. And I'm a pretty casual player.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited May 2018
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think I'm done

@Grey Ghost

The ammo thing does nothing except give you ammo mods unless you're modding missions to take advantage of the Global Event.

During Global Events there's a set of missions that you can mod with different settings. In this case you have:
    Onslaught (you have free ammo mods, reloading changes the mod active, this is the only thing active at all times during the event)
    Brutal Onslaught (Onslaught effect plus enemies are weak to one ammo type but very very resistant to the other two)
    Savage Onslaught (Brutal Onslaught but if you're grouped and you and a teammate kill two enemies using the ammo they are weak against within two seconds you both get a clip of smart ammo which acts as whatever ammo they're weak against)

You can totally ignore the event if you want to and just get the bonus of the ammo mods. If you don't bother with turning Brutal/Savage mods on in the missions included in the event the weakness/resistance thing shouldn't even come into play.

As far as getting destroyed in WT1 goes if you're on PC let me know. I'd be happy to help you out with the gear grind if you want.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    For those of you who wanted the next game to be in DC you're in luck!

• Options
    Pfft, that could be any Capitol building!

No really I am excited. :razz:

• Options
    I just hope gear looks a bit more interesting this time around.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I just hope gear looks a bit more interesting this time around.

Shift into farther future like Ghost Recon and have some cool future stuff that's slightly implausible.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Dude on the left there looks like he might have a crossbow? He's got something that looks like bolts/arrows on his back, and slung under the weapon he's holding.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Dude on the left there looks like he might have a crossbow? He's got something that looks like bolts/arrows on his back, and slung under the weapon he's holding.

And the lady in the middle is carrying a 6-cylinder MGL. That looks like it'll make for some good times.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Summer! DC! Ubisoft Banter in the gameplay demo that's not up yet!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular

Summer! DC! Ubisoft Banter in the gameplay demo that's not up yet!

AIR FORCE GONE

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    it ignores the local DC elected officials

• Options
    Here's the gameplay bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdPlH5RE_WU

Shoot the tanks you fools!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Well it certainly looks good and the gameplay is very Division-y which is also perfectly fine.

I'm still hoping it at least has the features of The Division right out the gate. Give me at least that and I'll be happy Day One-ing this.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hopefully a bigger emphasis on powers this time around.

And less bullet spongey enemies.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »
    Hopefully a bigger emphasis on powers this time around.

And less bullet spongey enemies.

After a number of patches I feel like bullet sponge enemies was brought to heel.

But yeesh, in the beginning? That's what turned me off the game for so long.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Ballistic Shield or bust.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I like the more exotic and interesting environments shown in the trailer, and the powers look cool (if they're effective). I would also like a little bit of lore focus so that every addition isn't just fun gameplay that either means nothing or is completely non-canon to the ongoing situation.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Someday they will stop using asinine pretend banter style trailers to show game play

sadly today is not that day

• Options
    edited June 2018
    First of all: thrilled about D.C. I've been thinking about it a lot over the past week, and there's just so much good territory for dungeon/raid stuff. So many monuments and museums and government buildings and metropolitan/urban areas and public transit and and and everything.

But watching that trailer... I'm a bit torn on how hyped I am. I was ready to have my hair blown back, but... the gameplay trailer just looks like more Division to me. Similar abilities, similar enemy fights... I kept waiting for something that would shake it up, but it didn't happen.

Now: the real question for TD2 was always going to be whether they could sort out the content/endgame issues that plagued TD1 (until they really had some time to sort it all out). I have the feeling that they are going to excel at that this time around, with all of the lessons they've learned. And you can't convey that in a 5-minute gameplay trailer. So... I guess my hype is still as high as it was, and it's cool to know that they're keeping what works, gameplay-wise.

Edit: For the record, while I eventually abandoned TD1 for the most part, that was only after I played the hell out of it and 100%'d it, and I know about everything they've added since (and I've dipped in a bit as the game has evolved). Not trying to be antagonistic with my post. I want the best for TD2 and hope it rules, because I got a lot out of TD1.

I think the next step in the games-as-a-service movement is that all parties involved will start to better understand the expectations game. A game doesn't need - and can't be expected - to provide 2,000 hours of gameplay for $60. But I'll be thrilled if TD2 gives us a reason to keep playing and keep coming back.

GMaster7 on
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Ubisoft have their conference today so we should get some more details. hopefully a demo of a different section/mode. think we'll also hear about the Shield Events that'll run in the first game over the summer and what the rewards for those will be in 2.

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I wonder how the graphics will be downgraded this time.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    To be fair that footage looked bullshotty as fuck.

I dont believe for a second that the lighting will be that detailed.

• Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    You know, it is funny, but while DC is good for gameplay, as a resident, I probably will pass. This city is already a tense ball of angst over the past year and setting it on fire as a videogame setting feels exploitative. Most people don't live in this bubble though so I guess this is a local issue, but I am not sure I want to go floor by floor through my decimated office building to score "mad lootz" out of a coworkers desk.

I don't think folks know how weird things have gotten here.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular