As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    So...this is a sequel to Devil May Cry 4 and not DMC?

I think the robot arm guy is the protagonist of DMC4

• Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Yeah that was definitely Nero.

He got devil bringer ripped off by i'm guessing the big bad of the game.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Ah, okay, I was confused--the art style seemed evolutionarily closer to DMC, but obviously, it's been a long time since DMC4.

I was wondering when Bandai would put out another Shounen Jump crossover fighter.

• Options
    Battletoads finally!

• Options
    Just Cause 4: Rico versus the Tornado

• Options
    All I can say is Just Cause 4 better run flawlessly

• Options
    X-Coms of War seems such an obviously suitable genre-switch I'm kind of embarrassed it never occurred to me.

• Options
    Holy crap, Gears of War 5 is apparently going to look really, really good.

• Options
    They gotta show more Halo Infinite

• Options
    Phil, architecting might be a verb--but that doesn't mean you should use it.

• Options
    Haha, DOS joke.

• Options
    So what were the 18 exclusives again

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so that's what happens when Phil Spencer only has to answer to the CEO. motherfucker gets shit done. hopefully this really is just the beginning of building the Xbox brand back up.

• Options
    I just remembered that this is the first time we've heard anything meaningful about Cyberpunk 2077 in....almost a decade? Haha. Unless we end up waiting another decade. Then less haha.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    So, just Forza for the rest of this year in terms of major exclusives.

But lots more stuff coming down the pipe. Maybe they're finally getting serious about making more games?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    There's a whole week of stuff, including an E3 episode of their show, right?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    He mentioned the Forza Horizon devs are working on another open world game, wonder what that could be

• Options
    There's a whole week of stuff, including an E3 episode of their show, right?

yeah, there will be the usually trickle of news and there's an edition of Inside Xbox tomorrow.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    He mentioned the Forza Horizon devs are working on another open world game, wonder what that could be

Some people have suggested MS might hand off Fable to them.

I mean, except for them both being British and the games having very big worlds, I don't exactly see it. But I'm not a game journalist either.
    They gotta show more Halo Infinite

I want to agree, but part of me is relieved that there isn't a date to it. Maybe the nature of the industry demands every franchise churn out as many sequels as humanly possibly, but I really like having these longer gaps between Halo games, giving the community in each one time to do shocking, amazing stuff you don't see on any other console game.

So, I really want to see more of it, but I don't want a release date.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Gears 5 pursuing Kait's storyline is a lot more interesting than JD's, for sure. Though they may do the split narrative and reunite in the last act approach.
    Expect more there? IDK.

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Some people have suggested MS might hand off Fable to them.

I mean, except for them both being British and the games having very big worlds, I don't exactly see it. But I'm not a game journalist either.

yeah that was the rumour when news of them expanding first leaked out/was confirmed. what ever it is i don't think we'll hear anything till next E3 at the very earliest.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yes yes I want Fox Link

Give me Tunic now please

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Yes yes I want Fox Link

Give me Tunic now please

I'm a sucker for that quasi-isometric voxel look. Reminded me Monument Valley, but....a world.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/our-journey-begins
    In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.
    Halo Infinite is effectively Halo 6.
    Over the years, the team has learned a lot from creating Halo 4 and Halo 5 and from you, our community. I hope you can see nods to some of that in our demo, such as the approach to some visual elements. Halo Infinite will feature Sparth’s (Art Director, Nicolas Bouvier) new art style that draws significant inspiration from the most iconic and historic parts of the Halo franchise and your feedback, all while modernizing and taking advantage of the full power of the Xbox One family. The new Master Chief helmet directly showcases our new art style.
    Thank goodness.

• Options
    Tbh I was confused because the trailer almost looked like another Halo 1 remaster

• Options
    Tbh I was confused because the trailer almost looked like another Halo 1 remaster

and there was a rumour of a prequel or reboot being in the works so yeah i really thought that's what we were getting when they showed just some troops, Chief on his own and the beacons going off. guess they want to tap into the feeling of the first one for this. also of note, the trailer ends with a shot of Chief inserting an AI chip into the back of his helmet.

• Options
    whalp, I think it's time to see myself out of the E3 thread...

Btw when do we get the free game via mixer?

• Options
    whalp, I think it's time to see myself out of the E3 thread...

Btw when do we get the free game via mixer?

it can usually take a while to come through. just keep an eye on your messages.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    I might pick up a Xbox one x after that conference.

• Options

but you can play most of those games on PC! You don't have to! That's the point! :P

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular

but you can play most of those games on PC! You don't have to! That's the point! :P

Yeah but consumerism

• Options
    so we gonna talk about just how far off the mark the rumour mill was in regards to Forza Horizon 4? Japan? nah mate, Britannia!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did they say what the Mixer gift is? I turned it on as soon as I got home, during DMC5.

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Did they say what the Mixer gift is? I turned it on as soon as I got home, during DMC5.

free pre-order of Outer Wilds is the only thing i know of so far.

• Options
    I kept trying to sign in Mxer but the app wasn't letting me :(

• Options
    So that $349 Xbox rumor wasnt true?

• Options

Yeah but consumerism

"Consumerism" means "GPU prices"

(Unless you got ahead of that whole fiasco. Than you just need to deal with ports.)

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

Pre order, gears 4 skin, tera e3 pack, and something else that slips my mind

• Options
    So that $349 Xbox rumor wasnt true?

Some retailers put up those prices before the conference, but no, I don't think anything suggested there'd be a $150 price drop.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

For anyone wondering what this is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCxi6EY8wO0

It seems like a NMS-alike (exploration game), but with just one hand-crafted solar system, and maybe puzzles.
    I couldn't sign-in to Mixer either, their servers melted, same as last year.