As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I think I missed them talking about this in the middle of the acquisition talk.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/10/e3-2018-microsoft-studios-opens-the-initiative/

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I think I missed them talking about this in the middle of the acquisition talk.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/06/10/e3-2018-microsoft-studios-opens-the-initiative/

they started with that announcement and then talked about who they'd bought out.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I only saw the super uninformative trailer, what's the deal with the new Halo game? Was that Chief?

Also Devil May Cry 5 looks awesome. Thought Nero was Nu Dante for a moment and was even more excited, but it still looks pretty good.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I only saw the super uninformative trailer, what's the deal with the new Halo game? Was that Chief?

Also Devil May Cry 5 looks awesome. Thought Nero was Nu Dante for a moment and was even more excited, but it still looks pretty good.

it was Chief, its Halo 6 and he'll be the star.

• Options
    Ohhhhhh, interesting.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The trailer is it. It's supposed to be Chief. there's no more information.

The Initiative is just that at this point. They're still creating the team.

Undead Labs has been working with Microsoft for ages, and Compulsion's We Happy Few has been in development/early release forever on the Xbox... and Playground Games has been working with them for ages too.

The only one that's a shocker or unusual is Ninja Theory, if only because they were pretty cozy Sony for a while? Here's a statement from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIxWgVOCexU

What's interesting is that this all may have kicked around circa 2017.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    So that implies Chief popped ol Cortana back into his head, which I would think is not such a good idea...

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    So that implies Chief popped ol Cortana back into his head, which I would think is not such a good idea...

There are other AI in the Halo verse. Maybe he found someone else.

I vaguely recall Halsey spiriting away another copy of Cortana too at the start of Halo 5?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Master Chief has two friends in this world. Cortana, and a Cortana body pillow.

He's not going to settle for any old AI.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Microsoft just bought five studios, so looks like they finally figured out lack of game production was a problem. But hey, good on them!

Four, technically. The Santa Monica thing is something they're building from scratch.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    so the minecraft visual update is still mia?

And nothing on avatars?

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »

And nothing on avatars?

maybe we'll get word on those on Inside Xbox tomorrow. they're definitely the kind of thing people bitch about being featured at the main event.

• Options
    Wraith260 wrote: »

And nothing on avatars?

maybe we'll get word on those on Inside Xbox tomorrow. they're definitely the kind of thing people bitch about being featured at the main event.

maybe minecraft, but id have to imagine the avatars thing, given how much of a thing it seems to be with loot and whatnot, would be part of the main event

• Options
    just checked cause i wasn't sure i heard right during the conference, but it looks like Phoenix Point is one of the games they mentioned as coming to Game Pass. for those that don't know its the new game from the creator of the original XCOM games. so that's an interesting addition.

Official site.

https://youtu.be/iuN9g502cYM

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I presume Chief hooking up with a new AI is a huge story point. It'd be an interesting AI that wanted to team up with the humans at this point, with the other team being "Live forever and rule the universe" as a mission statement.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    I presume Chief hooking up with a new AI is a huge story point. It'd be an interesting AI that wanted to team up with the humans at this point, with the other team being "Live forever and rule the universe" as a mission statement.

Roland(?) was still on humanities side at the end of 5.

EDIT: but his hologram was orange and the AI chip was distinctly white/blue.

Wraith260 on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I hope the new game starts off with Spartan Locke falling from orbit like Chief only to go splat Looney tunes style

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I hope the new game starts off with Spartan Locke falling from orbit like Chief only to go splat Looney tunes style

He lands on and instantly kills the any survivors from Noble Team, right?

Synthesis on
  • Options

Roland was still on humanity's side based on his personality, yeah. And one would presume the AI from Halo Wars 2 would stay loyal to humans as well. But... who else?

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    So guys I have questions of a philosophical sort in regards to how to gage self improvement . I’m going to finish this season in a game I’m playing with more losses then wins. However I’m also finishing at a much higher rating . How it all shakedowns is that I had a huge loosing streak in the middle but because a lot of those were close games I didn’t lose much per loss. Now I finished strong , almost enough to break even but not quite in which several of them were blowouts in my favor . This has led the system to give me back what I loss plus some extra. My question is this , should I take this to mean I’m improving or just that the system has no idea what to do with me ? Also yes this is about super mega baseball, had no idea I would love it so much . I just downloaded it by random chance and now I’m super into it and play online for hours on end , I wish this would happen with other games more often lol.

• Options

Roland was still on humanity's side based on his personality, yeah. And one would presume the AI from Halo Wars 2 would stay loyal to humans as well. But... who else?

The Superintendent from New Mombasa already defected.

nxx4gthfi3pt.gif

• Options
    honestly im fine with Locke being a background character

For me im more tired of the promethean prothean generic precurser bots than anything

more covenant, I like fighting enemies that know im fighting them, and can feel fear and anger and such, and have relatable motivations

Im sick of fighting zombies and robots

• Options

oh i don't think there will be a great number of AIs on our side. maybe we'll contact one or two new ones during the campaign but think the odds will be stacked against us. can we bring Exuberant Witness? she might not be able to provide much help outside her own installation, but she'd still be fun to have around.

• Options

For me im more tired of the promethean prothean generic precurser bots than anything

more covenant, I like fighting enemies that know im fighting them, and can feel fear and anger and such, and have relatable motivations

Halo 5 went a long way to making the Prometheans actually fun to fight, by giving them things like hijacked vehicles, aircraft, combined arms, etc. In other words, making them more like the Convenant.

Honestly, I think at some point human enemies need to make an appearance. Pretty much everything in the franchise aside from the video games has generally handled the grey-on-grey morality of human space and the UNSC well, the games might as well catch up.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'd be okay with a prequel dealing with the human wars that started the Spartan program.

• Options
    I'd be okay with a prequel dealing with the human wars that started the Spartan program.

I think flash backs would be tricky to handle, but certainly not impossible (GOW4 did an excellent job with them, though only briefly).

• Options
    Synthesis wrote: »

Halo 5 went a long way to making the Prometheans actually fun to fight, by giving them things like hijacked vehicles, aircraft, combined arms, etc. In other words, making them more like the Convenant.

Honestly, I think at some point human enemies need to make an appearance. Pretty much everything in the franchise aside from the video games has generally handled the grey-on-grey morality of human space and the UNSC well, the games might as well catch up.

Right now, it would be horribly inappropriate to fight humans as humanity is in the worst position it's ever been in. The AI's that were key to fighting back against all the previous foes are now enemies. So human ships can't fly, human tactics are hugely set back, and various human living situations and economies are just GONE. Also, giant teleporting, world destroying super weapons.

• Options

Right now, it would be horribly inappropriate to fight humans as humanity is in the worst position it's ever been in. The AI's that were key to fighting back against all the previous foes are now enemies. So human ships can't fly, human tactics are hugely set back, and various human living situations and economies are just GONE. Also, giant teleporting, world destroying super weapons.

Honestly, the conditions you've described are an excellent match for one of the inter-nation (and in any case intrahuman) fighting that sets the stage for the original Halo. Putting aside the whole, "The human civilization you know isn't the first one--it's what clawed back from the last one" angle, do we think humans have learned enough lessons not to come to odds again? Hmmm.

• Options

Honestly, the conditions you've described are an excellent match for one of the inter-nation (and in any case intrahuman) fighting that sets the stage for the original Halo. Putting aside the whole, "The human civilization you know isn't the first one--it's what clawed back from the last one" angle, do we think humans have learned enough lessons not to come to odds again? Hmmm.

Huh? The war against the Covenant ended the Insurrection. How would a much worse war against a nearly unbeatable enemy not draw humanity together? When it's that or die... people get pretty good at delaying their grudges.

• Options

Huh? The war against the Covenant ended the Insurrection. How would a much worse war against a nearly unbeatable enemy not draw humanity together? When it's that or die... people get pretty good at delaying their grudges.

Not so much apparently. The Hunt the Truth radioplay with Keegan-Michael Key already showed the potential for newer, local human conflicts--they just weren't as large as the pre-Convenant ones.

• Options

Not so much apparently. The Hunt the Truth radioplay with Keegan-Michael Key already showed the potential for newer, local human conflicts--they just weren't as large as the pre-Convenant ones.

Hunt the Truth is pre-5. That was the ideal time for Human vs Human conflict and things were heading that way, but the events of 5 are galaxy defining.

• Options

Hunt the Truth is pre-5. That was the ideal time for Human vs Human conflict and things were heading that way, but the events of 5 are galaxy defining.

True, it is before the events of the game, but the issues aren't entirely extinguished. I still think it's within the realm of possibility for smaller conflicts (if it wasn't clear, I'm not some sort of lore master), which could help mix things up down the line in future titles. There are also the option of flash backs.

• Options
    so looks like MS still have at least one surprise left for Inside Xbox.

wonder what it could be.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Probably halo Infinite but they forgot to update the image.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Rumor is Halo 5 PC.

• Options
    Rumor is Halo 5 PC.

if they do that i wonder if they'll port over the MCC too.

• Options
    Rumor is Halo 5 PC.

That would basically be Forge combined with the other multiplayer functions and the singleplayer game, I imagine?

I wouldn't be disappointed, but I'm hoping for something else.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Rumor is Halo 5 PC.
    Why would they make a PC port a point of discussion on Inside Xbox? I don't ever tune into those, so I'm just guessing, but it seems like Inside Xbox would be for Xbox announcements. I imagine that the majority of folks who own an Xbox don't own a gaming PC, so they could care less about a PC port.

Again, I don't ever check out Inside Xbox, so I could be talking out of my ass.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Rumor is Halo 5 PC.
    Why would they make a PC port a point of discussion on Inside Xbox? I don't ever tune into those, so I'm just guessing, but it seems like Inside Xbox would be for Xbox announcements. I imagine that the majority of folks who own an Xbox don't own a gaming PC, so they could care less about a PC port.

Again, I don't ever check out Inside Xbox, so I could be talking out of my ass.

because they see the two platforms as being complimentary and the Xbox brand has expanded beyond just the console.