As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    Third friday in a row, server is unplayably jinky, looks like it needs a reset again.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I found a giant crocodile and got killed, then I found a giant spider and got killed.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I found a giant crocodile and got killed, then I found a giant spider and got killed.

At least you're consistent.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Yeah I’m terrible at this even on the easiest difficulty.

• Options
    Get a pokey spear (pike). RMB all the things. All the things will die. Pike is EZ mode.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, I've found circle-strafing to be very effective. Just constantly try to get behind them and most of the time their attacks will miss, or you'll just straight up get behind them. Each creature is a little different and eventually you'll learn their quirks.

• Options
    Man you weren’t kidding.

I started over and got a pike and I’m just careening through things.

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Server definitely needs a restart, entities are warping all over.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    @DietarySupplement the server needs a restart. Also the Purge doesn't appear to be working. Maybe try changing the number of players required to be online?

MinPurgeOnlinePlayers=2

• Options
    PhantPhant Registered User regular
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    @DietarySupplement the server needs a restart. Also the Purge doesn't appear to be working. Maybe try changing the number of players required to be online?

MinPurgeOnlinePlayers=2

I never think to @ people, it also seems to occur about a week after each reset, I dunno server stuff enough to say why but if theres a way to schedule a regular autoreset that might be a thing!

• Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    @DietarySupplement any chance we can get a reboot pretty please? Pretty close to unplayable at the moment

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Can do boys, reboot incoming...

• Options
    Can do boys, reboot incoming...

Thank you!

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    So, upon carefully targeting and successfully removing a weathered skull from my Pleasure Palace of Derketo in order to ensure that the upgrade didn't have any issues, I find that doing so makes the entire shrine permanently vanish.

The materials for the Level 2 upgrade were inside the shrine at the time. All of these are apparently gone for good. Welcome to square zero.

In addition, it is now impossible to place precisely on that point again because apparently there are invisible objects that cannot be seen there.

Well done, Funcom. I'm impressed.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got the Platinum Trophy for this game over the weekend on PS4.

The last trophy I needed was the one to reach a certain height on the map. Is this achievement even possible through legitimate means? I basically just turned on admin mode and set infinite stamina and climbed one of the really tall spires in the volcano. No idea how one would accomplish this height without cheating. I got *really* far up there before the trophy popped.

• Options
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    So, upon carefully targeting and successfully removing a weathered skull from my Pleasure Palace of Derketo in order to ensure that the upgrade didn't have any issues, I find that doing so makes the entire shrine permanently vanish.

The materials for the Level 2 upgrade were inside the shrine at the time. All of these are apparently gone for good. Welcome to square zero.

In addition, it is now impossible to place precisely on that point again because apparently there are invisible objects that cannot be seen there.

Well done, Funcom. I'm impressed.

The last time I had a shrine disappear, nothing could be placed on that spot because the shrine spawned a loot bag which could not be picked up, removed, or built upon. The loot bag eventually goes away though. I thus assumed that the previous times I had the disappearing shrine problem, the loot bag was either invisible or spawned just under the ground.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    There was a loot bag which I picked up, but perhaps a second invisible one was created somehow.

I'll wait a few days and try again then.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    I've been putting a little time into the game the past couple days. The bridge I built across the lake never lined up properly with the opening in the dam so I demolished it and redid it. It's smaller than the old one. I added a couple towers flanking the opening to the dam for good measure and built a platform for the Map. I'm using columns to support the new structures instead of the solid foundations I used on the castle.
    b71klwk5qati.jpg

And since the old bridge and tower are gone I moved the opening to the castle over to the side. I'll probably move the Ymir altar inside where the map used to sit. I might make some other changes as well. We'll see.
    36c696g8h1o2.jpg

I'm thinking of building a couple Viking style long houses on the lake. One will be a tavern and the other a workshop. Maybe a couple small houses and some docks too.

Edit: Might have to add some drawbridges to the to each end of the bridge.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    While it is not directly regarding the gameplay of Exiles, I'll mention in passing that a number of the Robert E. Howard Conan the Cimmerian stories are free on Project Gutenberg, so if you haven't read them - go for it.

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/author/36031

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    While it is not directly regarding the gameplay of Exiles, I'll mention in passing that a number of the Robert E. Howard Conan the Cimmerian stories are free on Project Gutenberg, so if you haven't read them - go for it.

Fair warning if you haven’t actually read any of these, they are very well written exciting adventures.

They are also super racist.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    @DietarySupplement I think the server is down.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Norgoth wrote: »

Fair warning if you haven’t actually read any of these, they are very well written exciting adventures.

They are also super racist.

For my money, "The Phoenix on the Sword" is the best of the Conan stories. Also the first one that Howard wrote, altho it's largely a re-writing of an earlier story, "By This Axe I Rule" about Kull of Atlantis. It truly captures the Conan ethos, the energy and vitality that moves the Conan stories along at such a brisk pace.

Go here for a list of all the Conan stories and one novel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Howard_bibliography#Conan_the_Barbarian

Fairchild on
  • Options
    I've got a Kindle ebook which is the complete Howard Conan collection. I've read a few of them but I didn't make it all the way through. I've read the Tower of the Elephant and one about a red gemstone (I forget the name of that story).

And right now I'm mid-story in one where some random queen hired Conan to lead her army to war.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    As for racism, Howard is a product of his times. Writing in the late 20's / early 30's with an obvious flair for Roman and Medieval history, much of his content is objectionable to modern standards.

Heh, looking at some of the WEIRD TALES covers from that Wikipedia link, it's pretty clear who the intended audience was for Howard's stories.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Back in the 90's, Baen Books published a bunch of paperback collections of Howard's non-Conan stories-- Kull of Atlantis, Bran Mak Morn, and especially Solomon Kane-- which I'd say are worth obtaining but it sounds like most or all of Howard's work is now findable via Kindle. He was a very prolific writer, considering that he committed suicide at age 30.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Looks like a new patch is up, and a new patch on the way for next week:
    Hello Exiles!

We have a pretty juicy patch for you for PC today! This patch will also go live asap for Consoles, barring issues with certification process at Sony and Microsoft.

We really want to thank you for your feedback, patience and ongoing support while we address issues and improve the game. Please keep posting bugs, feedback and issues you encounter, especially after patches, here on our forums.

We are also working with Gportal for IG server messages to get you a heads-up for servers going down for patches and maintenance. This should hopefully be available sometime next week for official servers and then shortly after also be implemented for private servers.

Also a quick note on the infamous “Light Armor Journey” Bug. The fix for this will go to testlive with the over 500 additional changes that is scheduled for next week. We know that you have been waiting for this for a while and we apologize for the delay!

HIGHLIGHTS
    We added several adjustments that should help with Land Harassment
    Combat Lock on should now priorize enemies over clan members
    It’s now possible to whitelist players by their SteamID
    Several Exploits have been addressed
    Fixed some issues with Thralls not attacking properly
    Fixed some issues with Thralls falling through the floor. There are several different issues linked to this bug and we keep working on addressing all of them.
    Fixed an issue with a corpse sometimes not being visible to the player
    Weapon and Shield display racks should now work as intended
    We are forcing a feat and attribute to remove any unfair advantages gained from exploits fixed in this patch

EXPLOIT FIXES
    No longer possible to bring all attributes to 50.
    (Player attributes will be reset to the correct amount of points available for the characters level).
    Added ability to override decay score for small buildings to help combat landclaim harassment (please see additional information at the end of this post)
    Fixed a health regen issue which could max your health after taking damage under certain conditions
    Fixed a bug that would remove the loading screen prematurely while the closest buildings were still loading in. Sorry thieves, you will no longer be able to loot through walls, doors and foundations that haven’t properly loaded.
    Fixed a bug where the player would get infinite stamina while going up stairs and slopes.
    Fixed a problem with stack merging logic which could allow for item duplication for certain equipped items. Certain duplicated items will be removed from inventories as part of this fix.

UI ADJUSTMENTS
    Message of the Day is now saved after closing the window.
    Removed the second Edit Text icon on the Chat Log screen.
    Fixed the chat visibility settings not working in other languages than English.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENTS
    Fix auto-target to downprioritize clan mates selection when enemies are present
    Player name tags now show up further away on PC
    Admins can now explicitly whitelist players by SteamID
    You can now add and remove servers from your favourite list
    PVE Conflict servers joined the ranks of properly filtered servers in the browser
    Adjustments to corpse physics.
    Split “Show Help When Building” settings into “Show Help When Building” and “Show Contextual Controls”. So admins can choose to have the hud tooltips for controls on building only while disabling for the rest of the game.
    In game feats which require a DLC will be clearly visualized
    The Altar of Set should no longer vanish after upgrading.

AI
    Fixed a problem with follower thrall sometimes walking backwards when following
    Fixed a problem with thrall no longer able to attack after unequipping a weapon
    Fixed a problem with human NPCs falling under structures if performing a melee attack near a doorway
    Fixed an issue where thralls wouldn’t follow you after logging out with said thrall in Follow mode.
    Exile NPCs learned to properly put away their weapons and shields when out of combat.

DECAY SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS
    Turning DisableBuildingAbandonment on after having it disabled for a while should not demolish buildings built in the past, and can no longer be toggled while the server is running.
    Your buildings and placeables will now go into the Abandoned state if you recreate your character. Other players can then demolish them freely.

GENERAL OPTIMIZATION
    General Server Performance improvements
    Various crash fixes.
    Various server optimizations.
    GUI memory optimizations.

NEW SERVER SETTINGS
    OverrideDecayMaxBuildingPieces = X, where X is number of pieces (default 6)
    OverrideDecayTime = N, where N is the number of minutes before building is decayed (default 30)

NEW ADMIN COMMANDS
    WhitelistPlayer <steamid>
    UnWhitelistPlayer <steamid>

NEW RCON COMMANDS
    whitelistplayer <steamid>
    unwhitelistplayer <steamid>

GENERAL BUGFIXING
    Fixed a crash related to static placeables (which should improve stability in coop play)
    Button icon “Buy Up to Next Perk” should now be visible for all players -not just admins
    Fixed a problem with servers not displaying if the maximum ping section was cleared
    Fixed a problem with dodging while locked on to a target whereby you would sometimes dodge on the spot
    Balance pass on number of zeals obtained from various processes in the altars
    Fixed player corpse sometimes turning into deformed statues
    Fixed a problem with corpse sometimes not showing for the owner despite visible to other players
    Fixed a problem with Purge NPCs not doing damage against buildings on PvE servers
    Weapon and Shield display racks should now work as intended
    Items in the Chaosmouth Altar will no longer disappear if you walk away without having all required items placed.
    Fixed an issue where some placeables would instantly disappear on placement if their base was placed slightly underground, still consuming the item.
    Fixed a bug where character corpses where sometimes lootable on PvE servers even though they were not supposed to be
    Even though it took skill, your character will now longer be able to run away while sitting or laying down.
    The Altar of Set should no longer vanish after upgrading.
    Fixed an issue where your encumbrance level would be incorrect after using an armor reduction kit.
    Fixed an issue where the Bearer Pack added wrong value to attributes after relogging.
    Fixed an issue where the servers wouldn’t properly display after using the maximum ping filter
    The news tab in the main menu should now redirect to the correct forum
    Fixed a bug where a character would sometimes get stuck in falling animation after a jump immediately after startup.
    It is no longer possible to alter server setting fields when they are disabled.
    Purge meter will no longer reset to zero after a user rejoins the session.
    Fixed an issue where Exile NPCs could get stuck in doorframes
    When using a controller, fixed an issue where you were unable to place an item into the radial menu if your highlight went from the recipes to the inventory items directly.
    Fixed an issue that would make your placeable item be consumed upon placing, without actually being placed.
    Fixing a crash when summoning avatars.
    Fixed an issue with following thralls giving a “Too many thralls following you” error after a relog.
    When inspecting a thrall, the “Equip” button will now correctly equip items from either the players or the thralls backpack on the thrall.
    Fixed a server crash related to thralls and inventories

ADDITIONAL DECAY SYSTEM EXPLANATION FOR ADMINS
    We’ve added a couple of new server settings that allow server admins to configure the decay system so that it considers buildings of a certain size to be insignificant and should therefore decay a lot faster than regular buildings. As long as there is no placeable involved.

The server settings are:

OverrideDecayMaxBuildingPieces
    , default value 6. This means a building with 6 or less pieces will get its normal decay time overriden by the time specified in the following server setting

OverrideDecayTime
    , default value 3600. The amount of seconds it will take this building to decay into abandoned state, and it will then stay in abandoned state for 10% of this time.

What the example of the default values, any building with 6 or less pieces will go into abandoned state after 1 hour. And then completely decay and be destroyed after 10 minutes in abandoned.
    (Anyone can demolish an Abandoned building by interacting with it)

It will not get this overriden decay time if there is a placeable, like a bedroll or a campfire, near the building. And it will instead work like before.
    This is a quick thing we added to combat the “mine-fields” of pillars/foundations placed around the world to claim land. But we’re looking into better approaches.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    Those patch notes reminded me of something...

What happens if you die while you have a follower with you? Does the follower stay put? Does it return to its last assigned location? Does the reconditioning break and the Thrall goes wild?

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Hey all, was traveling yesterday. Let me log in here and see what's going on, and I'll take care of patching here shortly.

• Options
    Oy. Another Hotfix today to fix...

wait for it...

Friday's fix.
    This is a quick PC Live Hotfix to address some issues/leftovers from the big Friday Patch[forums.funcom.com].
    ETA for this patch is around 3pm Oslo time which is around 2 hours from posting these notes.
    Upgraded to new version of BattlEye with improved hack detection
    For modders: Refactored placement validation for some building modules to improve compatibility between building mods. This means, for the future, it should be easier for different mods to work together without interfering which each other.
    Fixed crafting progression being lost/reset on server restart (this includes Thrall progress resetting inside the wheel of pain).

• Options
    That's kinda how hotfixes work.

• Options
    Ugh, was there an update or something that forced a respec? Been gone for a few days and apparently I logged out in the north, logged in to find myself like 250% overloaded and freezing to death :bigfrown:

• Options
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Ugh, was there an update or something that forced a respec? Been gone for a few days and apparently I logged out in the north, logged in to find myself like 250% overloaded and freezing to death :bigfrown:

Yeah apparently there was an exploit that let people get max stats or something? So they forced a respec when they fixed it.

• Options
    Oooh that's right i recall that now. Bleah.

• Options
    Any time they give you a free respec in the multi-player game, take it, I say.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, except in my case I fucked up and in my panic rush to reassign points so i could actually walk i wiffed on getting the health regen feat so now I'll be looking for a lotus potion :lol:

And of course I didn't reassign points fast enough and died to frostbite anyway and lost a ton of goodies, so, yeah, shit :rotate:

Fleeb on
  • Options
    Okay, just getting caught up here. Server is updated and back online.

• Options
  • Options
    Friday, so it must be CONAN EXILES patch day. This week brings us: the Khitai DLC !! Holy Crap !

Enrich your Conan Exiles experience with all new content from the eastern lands of Khitai!

YouTube™ Video: Conan Exiles - The Imperial East Pack Trailer
    Views: 1,230
    The Imperial East Pack now available! Enrich your Conan Exiles experience with all new content from the eastern lands of Khitai!

Build great palaces or mighty castles with a whole new set of Khitan building pieces that make your constructions look vastly different to anything seen in Conan Exiles. Get ready for battle in three new armors and one new weapon set. Decorate your home with many new placeables, such as cauldrons, carpets, tables and braziers and customize your look with new warpaints.

The Imperial East Pack contains:
    39 new Khitan building pieces.
    A full set of building pieces with the same stats as existing tier three.
    15 new armor pieces in three sets, such as the Khitan Officer Armor.
    Light, medium and heavy sets with an epic end-game version of each.
    9 new weapons in one Khitan weapon set.
    Same power as iron weapons with an epic end-game version of each weapon.
    5 new warpaints in Khitan style.
    Decorative warpaints in jade, black, white and red.
    25 new placeables, such as a dragon idol and hanging lamps.
    Can be created at an all new Khitan Artisan station.
    All the new content from Khitai is exclusive to this DLC and adds a host of new visual options but does not give any in-game advantage in power. All the new items have the comparable stats to existing items.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Buying this in a few minutes.

I know almost nothing about the Conan universe but doesn't really seem like you have to know anything other than how to survive amidst giant turtle demons and hell bats.

Since this is a game about barbarians, I'm going to fashion a club and eat the nearest person I see. I assume I'll figure out the rest along the way.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    To get you started, I'd suggest reading these Conan stories:

The Phoenix on the Sword

The Frost Giant's Daughter

The Tower of the Elephant