As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 3: Round 6 - Status Phase / Game End

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    sorry no fleet log

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Activate Bereg/Lirta IV
    Move in Carrier from Lazar/Sakulag with 1 Fighter.
    Move in 2 Dreadnoughts from Jol-Nar with 2 GF
    Drop one GF on each planet.
    Tap Nar and spend 3 Trade Goods.
    Build 6 GF (3) and Two Destroyees (2).

@Zombie Hero for next.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Looks like I slipped and fell into a galactic war. Hmm.

Activate Meer/Artinum. Bring in Two fighters from Xxehan/Del Bootha (using fighter II) and the Carrier and Two Fighters from Lodor. Initiate Combat.

If successful, I can use the carrier to ferry up to 4 (or 3 if fleet capacity has to be checked) from Meer to Artinum, correct?

@Lykouragh @MrBlarney

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Also, @38thDoe , what kind of price are you putting on that Sol ceasefire?

Steam
    I'm not sure about that ferrying, I think maybe that has to be done during the movement step and not the combat step?

Sending in battle orders either way.

Sorry, actually the order is public- Declare a retreat at the first round of combat.

Yeah, legitimately not sure on the ruling there.

Steam
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It is a museum piece now. I'd have to bribe the guard to get it out. Remind me during agenda phase when we can trade again. What are you willing to pay is I guess a good question to start with.

38thDoE on steam

Oh for some reason i thought we shared a border. I'll bring it up later.

Steam
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    As I read it, the transport rule doesn't stop you from picking up troops from an activated system with enemy ships. But you do that before the combat, and the GF will eventually die with the carrier if it goes down...

Well, my fleet supply is 4, so i can have the carrier pick up 3 GF, and have 3 Fighters go solo until after the invasions. Then invade Artinum with all three GF, and put the fighters back in the carrier, right?

Steam
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Fleet supply is checked at the start of combat, so if you don't have enough space for all your GF and all your Fighters, someone has to be left behind/scuttled.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    Fleet Supply of 4-

Move Step:
    Carrier: Fighter, 3x GF
    Fighter
    Fighter
    Fighter

After possible Invasion:
    Carrier: All Surviving Fighters
    GF either all dead or on the ground.
    Room for 3 more ships.

Steam
  • SarynSaryn Registered User regular
    Preda wrote: Β»
    As I read it, the transport rule doesn't stop you from picking up troops from an activated system with enemy ships. But you do that before the combat, and the GF will eventually die with the carrier if it goes down...

You can't move units in activated systems at all. This includes picking them up by flying through a system.

Saryn wrote: Β»

You can't move units in activated systems at all. This includes picking them up by flying through a system.

So it is impossible to invade a planet from another in the same system? You activate the system and the other planet is already frozen?

Steam
    Tactical Actions go

Activation
    Movement
    Space Combat
    Invasion
    Production.

It is my understanding that if you can't fit something in during the initial movement phase, you can't bring them in unless you can manage another Tactical Action.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1888889/how-move-units-one-planet-another-same-system

This seems to be the same situation but they say you can move stuff.
    You are correct. You just activate the system, and the carrier can move 0 spaces, transporting the GFs along with it. Basically, yes, you are allowed to move them from one planet to the other without moving the Carrier anywhere, as long as there is sufficient capacity for the GFs to be "transported".

It doesn't matter if there is a purple unit there or not; either way, you still need to activate the system to move them from one planet to the other. The only difference is the purple unit will cause an Invasion Combat to triger.

You have to have capacity to transport units, even within the same system. So if there was no Carrier (or other Capacity unit) there, you couldn't move the GFs.

38thDoE on steam

Everything still fits in initial move phase, though. My fighters can self sustain at the cost of using up my fleet supply.

Steam
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    It is a museum piece now. I'd have to bribe the guard to get it out. Remind me during agenda phase when we can trade again. What are you willing to pay is I guess a good question to start with.

As always, we're willing to act as an intermediary, for a very small fee.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited June 2018

So it is impossible to invade a planet from another in the same system? You activate the system and the other planet is already frozen?

It's possible if there's not already one of your command counters in that system.

If you control planet A and an opponent controls planet B, and you do not have a command counter in the system, you can activate the system and hop the ships from planet A to B. You can even bring in carriers from another system to do so. But you cannot move units if the system is already activated.

I wasn't clear on the details and I haven't looked at this game's map in several turns. I was just commenting on the wording of Preda's post. If the system is previously activated, then you can't move the GFs.

Edit: Used better wording token -> one of your command counters

Saryn on
    I guess my question is, can my fighters be considered independent at the invasion phase, but then supported by a carrier during the production phase?

Steam
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular

So the activated system has special rules... you are specifically allowed to do stuff with ships in the current system, including moving ships out and back into it.

For every other system that was previously activated, you can move through it but not interact with the units there.

edited June 2018
    I guess my question is, can my fighters be considered independent at the invasion phase, but then supported by a carrier during the production phase?

They wouldn't need to be supported unless you're planning on moving other ships in there.

Edit: Short answer "yes". Assuming the Ground Forces manage to take the planet (or all die in the attempt. But then, you wouldn't have production capacity anyway.)

Also, I think the move as you've described with ground forces works:

The ship can pick up and transport fighters and ground forces
    when it moves. During a tactical action, it can pick up and
    transport units from the active system, the system it started its
    movement in, and each system it moves through.

So, the carrier can pick them up in the system as part of the move before Space Combat.
    But if the carrier were to die in Space Combat, you'd also lose the Ground Units.

Saryn on
    Oh, I see, you are asking because you want to build more ships post combat. I believe that will work since the GF will have already landed.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, you pick up GF before battle, you invade before Production happens.

So move in all troops as ordered, but the carrier picks up 3 infantry from Meer before the attack.

Steam
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Alright, catching up with the actions of the day, @38thDoe: how will your Infantry be divided across Bereg and Lirta IV? Since each planet is separate in this case, you'll need to select a 6/0 or 4/2 split.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Round 5 - Battle at Arinam-Meer

Combat Round 1

Arborec has 1 Carrier, 3 Fighter IIs (carrying 3 Letani Warrior II).
    Sol has 1 Cruiser.

Sol calls a retreat at the beginning of the round.

Geth roll 1d10t9+3d10t8 for Arborec
    Geth roll 1d10t7 for Sol

Arborec:
    1d10t9+3d10t8 1 [1d10t9=3] [3d10t8=10, 2, 4]
    Sol:
    1d10t7 0 [1d10t7=4]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Arborec scores 1 hit, destroying the Sol Cruiser. Combat resolves in favor of Arborec.

@Zombie Hero, your action continues.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Invade actinium with the three gf from carrier

Steam
    Alright, catching up with the actions of the day, @38thDoe: how will your Infantry be divided across Bereg and Lirta IV? Since each planet is separate in this case, you'll need to select a 6/0 or 4/2 split.

4/2 split please.

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»

4/2 split please.
    Is that 4 on Bereg and 2 on Lirta IV, or 4 on Lirta IV and 2 on Bereg?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    4 on bereg sorry.

38thDoE on steam

Round 5 - Invasion of Arinam

Combat Round 1

Arborec has 3 Letani Warrior II.
    Sol has 1 Spec Ops II.

Geth roll 3d10t7 for Arborec
    Geth roll 1d10t6 for Sol

Arborec:
    3d10t7 2 [3d10t7=8, 2, 9]
    Sol:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=8]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Sol scores 1 hit, destroying 1 Arborec Letani Warrior II.
    Arborec scores 2 hits, destroying 1 Sol Spec Ops II.
    Combat resolves in favor of Arborec; Arborec gains 1 Letani Warrior II from Dacxive Animators.

Gen Synthesis

Sol lost 1 Spec Ops II during battle.
    Arborec lost 1 Letani Warrior II during battle.

Geth roll 1d10t6 for Sol Gen Synthesis
    Geth roll 1d10t6 for Arborec Gen Synthesis

Sol Gen Synthesis:
    1d10t6 0 [1d10t6=2]
    Arborec Gen Synthesis:
    1d10t6 1 [1d10t6=10]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    1 Arborec Letani Warrior II is reserved for Gen Synthesis.

@Zombie Hero, anything else for your action?

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Yeah

Build three destroyers.

Spend a trade good and exhaust Gral to pay for it

Steam
  • mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    @El Skid for next.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    ...Destroyees.

I think that makes it our turn?

Activate Meher Xull.

Move in cruiser from home system with 1 infantry using gravity drive and the wormholes

Land on planet and claim it

Exhaust Quinnara for 3R to build 2 fighters with integrated economy

T/F/S -> 0/4/0

Decline to take fleet logistics action.

@Brody