As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Finding Public Domain Vintage Movie Music

KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels StupendousRegistered User regular
Anyone know where I could find some vintage royalty-free or public domain stuff? I'm looking for the big orchestral scores at the beginning of movies from the early 1900s for a project I'm working on.

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Do you have a readily available example?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Do you want something actually from that era, or just something that evokes a feeling like it's from that era?

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Both would be good. I am looking for something like at the beginning of a lot of MST3K subjects like “The Corpse Vanishes”, and the intro of “12 Angry Men”. The issue is I don’t know what it’s quite called for the examples. Horror or suspense-like I guess. I guess the beginning of Airplane! would also be near what I’m thinking of.

Kadoken on