Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PAX Prime/West foodie list back for another year (assistance wanted)

ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
edited June 9 in PAX West

I don't care about all those words below just show me the list!

So here goes the list for 2018. Again we are starting with the end of last years list and I'm sure some places have closed, moved, or have new hours. Please feel free to post any updates and Curse or I will update the list as soon as we can.

Another year, another PAX Prime (do I have to say west?) and what would that be without the great food destination list!

This list is not meant to be a list of the snobby foofoo only places but rather a list of places "somewhat unique" to the Seattle or upper Pacific NW area and somewhat close to PAX. Unless it is REALLY awesome and unique if it is not within a reasonable no car distance to PAX it may not make the list. If you are just interested in places like McDonald's, Taco, Bell, etc I have linked a map by another contributor at the bottom of this post. It has been around for several years so may be out of date a bit.

So the list is huge and is linked below but here are some notes first.
  • Distance from the WSCC is in the column marked distance. This is calculated by entering the WSCC and the eatery into Google maps. I choose the WALK option so distance by car will be farther due to all the one way streets.
  • The "Show Me!" column has a"GMap" label this is for those of us looking at the map on a mobile device that want to be able to get a map to the location from your current location. Clicking this link will open up Google maps with a pin of the address and let you get directions.
  • Price Scale, we have done our best to put the pricing in the following scale most based on yelp or other reviews. $ = less than $10, $$ = $10 - $20, $$$ = > $30, $$$$ = Crazy expensive
A notice to all out of towners going in large groups. Most places will charge an automatic gratuity of around 18% for groups 6 or more even if your service is subpar.

I have been asked a few times what my "can't miss" places are. Well every year I make it a point to visit Molly Moon's ice cream the hill is a hike but they have some awesome flavors. Lil Woody's has a great burger just avoid them Monday as they give them away free on labor day (usually 2-5pm) and the lines are nuts. You also cannot go wrong heading down to pikes place market and visiting one of the many small shops there.

Making suggestions and or corrections, places closed etc (and please do!!)

I am very busy at work this year but want to keep this list as updated as possible so please give us as many details as possible if you want your suggestion added. I just won't have as much research time this year as past years. As people post places in the thread we will update the spreadsheet listing about once a week or 2 with those that make sense and have enough details. PLEASE include what you think the pricing is like in the $-$$$ format if you suggest a listing. If you don't give us details chances are we will say oh sounds cool but not list it because we don't know enough about it. Please at least give the pricing and type of food. If you can include the address, website, and distance that is even more helpful.

Here is a link to the current spreadsheet.

Oh look here is a crazy busy map I made of all the places in the list!

And here are extra maps of places other members have created.

Fast Food map by Initialdor

Gluten Free places map by ?? (Aww this one is gone the owner trashed it. If you have one let me know and I'll link to it.)

Finally if you are interested in helping in a larger capacity I am looking for assistance maintaining this list as I'm pretty busy with work and frankly not sure how many more PAXes (PAXen?) I can catch badges for. This is year 9 but competition is fierce. Everyone can read the list but for edit access I would prefer someone local to the area and committed to updating details for the next few years at a minimum. PM me if interested. Enjoy the food and enjoy PAX!

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
myjlGB4.png

ElmoFuntz on
anettie76bacon_avenger

Posts

  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 27
    This isn't within walking distance so I'm not submitting it for the spreadsheet, but we're opening a motherfucking VIKING BEER HALL in Ballard this summer. I'm sure we'll have some sort of PAX special and will update this post with more information as we get closer.

    http://www.skalballard.com

    LexiconGrrl on
    Owner of and General Badass Chick at Seattle's best Distillery & Scandinavian Cafe Old Ballard Liquor Co.
    dm_magicIncreaseBlueforbiddenvoidDarkAonvespachicajamsyarbotsClannMorganzerzhulTOGSolid
  • KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    I would highly recommend that parties interested in food of the breakfast variety go to the Biscuit Bitch. I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since. I wish I could set up a pup tent outside and they could just install a gravy slide into my mouth.

    dm_magicCroatian SensationSirMarek
  • dm_magicdm_magic Registered User regular
    Keroan wrote: »
    I would highly recommend that parties interested in food of the breakfast variety go to the Biscuit Bitch. I honestly haven't stopped thinking about it since. I wish I could set up a pup tent outside and they could just install a gravy slide into my mouth.

    I second this. Amazing food. The only thing this place is missing is beer on tap. Or at least in a can.

    bn4KEyz.png
    Keroan
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 8
    I hate to recommend this 'cuz it's usually not that crowded despite it's location, but it's a real shame Lil' Woody's isn't already on this list. A really short walk (but uphill) from the WSCC that sells tasty burgers, shakes, and delicious fries (which you can get covered in queso). They also have a selection of a few beers. Not exactly fast food prices but not crazy expensive either.

    Other than that I can't think of anything popular/good other than Buffalo Wild Wings that's not on the list, but that's not exactly a local thing. But then even Taphouse and Blue C are chains, too, so not sure where you draw the line on that.

    Scunosi on
    CKing
  • CKingCKing Registered User regular
    Scunosi wrote: »
    I hate to recommend this 'cuz it's usually not that crowded despite it's location, but it's a real shame Lil' Woody's isn't already on this list. A really short walk (but uphill) from the WSCC that sells tasty burgers, shakes, and delicious fries (which you can get covered in queso). They also have a selection of a few beers. Not exactly fast food prices but not crazy expensive either.

    Other than that I can't think of anything popular/good other than Buffalo Wild Wings that's not on the list, but that's not exactly a local thing. But then even Taphouse and Blue C are chains, too, so not sure where you draw the line on that.

    I feel like Lil Woody's used to be on the list. I know I've suggested it before. Don't forget free burgers on labor day (though, that line is always long).

  • cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    I
    CKing wrote: »
    Scunosi wrote: »
    I hate to recommend this 'cuz it's usually not that crowded despite it's location, but it's a real shame Lil' Woody's isn't already on this list. A really short walk (but uphill) from the WSCC that sells tasty burgers, shakes, and delicious fries (which you can get covered in queso). They also have a selection of a few beers. Not exactly fast food prices but not crazy expensive either.

    Other than that I can't think of anything popular/good other than Buffalo Wild Wings that's not on the list, but that's not exactly a local thing. But then even Taphouse and Blue C are chains, too, so not sure where you draw the line on that.

    I feel like Lil Woody's used to be on the list. I know I've suggested it before. Don't forget free burgers on labor day (though, that line is always long).

    I added this to the list. I'll try and work through the list and delete anything that is closed, get things back up to shape. Things change fast in the Seattle restaurant area...

  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Hmm not sure how lil woody's fell off I know it used to be on there. Love that place. Hate the uphill walk though.

    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    myjlGB4.png

    CKing
  • TorcánTorcán Registered User new member
    There are two places in the pioneer square area (about a mile walk) that are worth the trek over there and back. Maybe not during PAX but the day before or day after.

    Tat's Delicatessen (not sure why it's called that) - cheese steak place owed and run by a transplant from Philly. Super authentic according to the guys I used to work with who were from Philly. 1.0 mile
    The Berliner Doner Kebab - it's like a Greek Gyro but Turkish-German and way better. 1.1 miles

  • HalseySpartan2HalseySpartan2 Quality Assurance Engineer Seattle, WARegistered User new member
    I PM'd you with some info on the southend

    SHwjM12.png
  • InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    I can't commit to reviewing anything; I'm no real foodie anyway. But I'm still going to update my food map of the central business district. I'll try to note foodie list items within the area.

    2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    I have gotten a few email notifications of people requesting access to the document recently. Please be aware anyone can view but I'm not granting edit rights to "just anyone". If your asking be committed to reviewing everything and maintaining not just adding a few entries. I suspect people just wanted to view.

    ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    myjlGB4.png

  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Only thing to add that my friends have recommended to me is https://www.kamonegiseattle.com/

    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So are we just trying to keep it to places within about a mile of the WSCC or good places to eat?

    I love Kamonegi, but it's far from the WSCC.

  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    Whoops, did not realize it was that far.

    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    curse wrote: »
    So are we just trying to keep it to places within about a mile of the WSCC or good places to eat?

    I love Kamonegi, but it's far from the WSCC.

    Traditionally yes I've tried to keep it "walking" distance. Buses no longer being free and parking costs what they are I figured this works best for the majority of people.

    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    myjlGB4.png

  • ddt58ddt58 Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Italian Family Pizza at 1028 Madison. Good east coast style pizza.

  • cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    ddt58 wrote: »
    Italian Family Pizza at 1028 Madison. Good east coast style pizza.

    Added.

  • alchahestalchahest Edmonton, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 20
    edit - wrong thread! sorry!

    alchahest on
Sign In or Register to comment.