As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Devil May Cry 5 Announced: MY GRANDFATHER IS TOO POWERFUL

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    im only cautiously optimistic

capcom have truly extraordinary reserves of disappointainium

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Also my hope is that they implement the multiple character thing better.

Dante basically being a retread of Nero's path really took a lot of the steam out of DMC4 for me.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Theory is that Dante on the motor cycle is him racing out of hell after the events of DMC2

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    DMC4 got a lot of love from the community, especially hardcore combofiends, once people really started to sink their teeth into it. Players like Brea, Donguri, and Sakaki pushed the envelope to truly absurd extremes.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    If the third character isn’t Vergil then what are they even doing.

• Options
    HakuninHakunin Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Apparently some promotional material leaked, calling the third character "Mysterious V", so...

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

It is really obviously Vergil.

I hope they bring back the secondary Angel Chick from Devil May Cry 2 as some sort of DLC/Hidden 4th character

She deserves to be in a good game and the Angel feathers coming off the logo’s gives me hope.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Theory is that Dante on the motor cycle is him racing out of hell after the events of DMC2

...I just realized I've played all DMCs except 2. I'm not sure I should fix this.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

...I just realized I've played all DMCs except 2. I'm not sure I should fix this.

I recently played it out of curiosity. It is very obviously not very good right from the start.

• Options

It's pretty bad, not in a "throw it in the fire" bad. But rather its incredibly easy, boring, and overly serious.

Not things one typically associates with DMC.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

Vergil's actor supposedly leaked that he (along with Bosch and Langdon) was in the game a year or two ago.

So yeah.

It's Vergil.

Stealing his son's arm.

As one does.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm a little bummed about the toned down colours on the heroes, and Nero's switch to a blue n' black palette. Dante's coat is looking much too dark as well.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHk3cM58cMA

Nero's theme is already out

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    I hope they really go whole hog with Red Queen this time around. Not only is a motor cycle sword ridiculously stupid in the awesomest way, it was also a really fun mechanic in a character action game. These games are all about rhythm and the revving plays with that.

Nero is all about EX moves, there's a lot you could do with timing and charging attacks. Also the effects looked really good on a nice tv in DMC4.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    It's a minor thing, but I kinda hope Dante having different devil trigger forms for different weapons returns. It was missing in 4. Though Vergil in 4SE does have different forms for Yamato and Beowulf.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

It's so obviously Vergil that it's making me think it won't be Vergil.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Just going by that youtube thumbnail a few posts up, looks like it's Nero, Dante, and Noctis from FFXV.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

I often think '1 and 3 play mostly the same, could 2 really be that different?

And the answer is yes, and all for the worse.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    2 disappoints me cause it has like my favorite Dante outfit and it's attached to such a bad game.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    dmc4 was a huge disappointment to me vs 3 although it was still fun to mess around with

my hope is they move away from the curiously weightless feeling a lot of stuff had in 4

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    dmc4 was a huge disappointment to me vs 3 although it was still fun to mess around with

my hope is they move away from the curiously weightless feeling a lot of stuff had in 4

I'm the opposite. DMC4 is my favorite of the franchise. I absolutely adored playing as Nero.

• Options
    Hey, do you want to feel completely inadequate at action games forever?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jYX_gTwBgU

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I didn't watch the video, but this is my default thought process.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    2 disappoints me cause it has like my favorite Dante outfit and it's attached to such a bad game.

This is pretty much everybody's takeaway from DMC2 as far as i've heard

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    l_g wrote: »

hey it has an evil helicopter... i respect that...........

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    DMC3 is probably my favorite, mainly for the tone of it. They clearly recognized how over the top and goofy it was and just embraced it unabashedly, and it made things so much more fun as a result.
    Hakunin wrote: »

Apparently some promotional material leaked, calling the third character "Mysterious V", so...

Oh man!

I wonder who that guy is!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »

It took me a day to figure out why this song's style feels so damn familiar and today, while nursing a hangover, I finally figured it out: It sounds like a Metal Gear Rising track and I'm very ok with this.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I have to imagine that it's purposeful to make Vergil completely broken in every game he is playable.

• Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    The revving of Nero's was hurting my hand. Constantly hitting the trigger after every hit eventually became painful. Didn't help that back then my job was testing a video game that had me hold the same trigger a lot while playing.

What I really want is a fun weapon selection. Dante's arsenal in 4 was really boring compared to what we got in 3. Fire and wind blades that allows you to summon a giant flame pillar, an ice flail that lets you make ice shards burst from the ground, you could even rock out with an electric guitar that shot electric bats!

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    DMC3 is probably my favorite, mainly for the tone of it. They clearly recognized how over the top and goofy it was and just embraced it unabashedly, and it made things so much more fun as a result.
    This trailer is definitely giving me some good DMC 3 tone vibes. Nero kickflips his own rocket arm while the engineer gal is intentionally stunt rolling her van and catching cigarettes mid-air which is just perfect.
    Jfc, they turned Dante into a dancing disco light show just because they could.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    It begins:
    tumblr_pa51tilimh1sk3s93o1_1280.png
    devil_may_cry_5_by_drogodoggo-dce19hk.png

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Chances of Nero shouting "BIONIC ARM" at some point?

• Options

please give me a ranking of the following games' evil helicopters:
    DMC2
    Shinobi (PS2)
    Ninja Blade

• Options

please give me a ranking of the following games' evil helicopters:
    DMC2
    Shinobi (PS2)
    Ninja Blade

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    It's nice seeing day one fan art for a DMC game that isn't the contained screaming of someone's soul breaking.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    DMC4 had Pandora which is a pretty slick weapon design.

I mean I'm not 'good' at these games, but I still thought it was pretty good. That trailer makes me hopeful. Of course I also wanted a dragons dogma sequel from Capcom so we'll see how it goes.

• Options
    Pandora is a cool as hell weapon

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    A little bit of gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLsYii7wOE

-Nero's basic moveset seems mostly the same.
    -Those are some DMC3 enemies right there.
    -Enemy count seems low in those clips. Not sure if that's representative of the final game or not. DMC4 had technical limitations.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    So, I haven't played this series since 3 first came out (and none of that easier special edition crap, I played it before it got all easy mode for babies).
    Are the ports on PS4 any good? And are 2/4/DmC worth paying attention to?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.