As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox/XBL] Crackdown 3 is out! And not delayed again!

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    also if you missed last nights show, this is another chance to grab the Mixpot by watching on Mixer.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    cool maybe I can make it work this time

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    also if you missed last nights show, this is another chance to grab the Mixpot by watching on Mixer.

When are you supposed to get this stuff?

I know you get Outer Wilds (preorder) but what else?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

When are you supposed to get this stuff?

I know you get Outer Wilds (preorder) but what else?

it takes time to get through. i don't know exactly when but going of previous times they've done this it can range from i think immediately to a few days later.

• Options
    Hmm Vigor looks like The Road meets Pubg, nice

• Options
    Only 12 players, seems more like a survival angle which I can get down with

• Options
    edited June 2018
    GoW5 looks nifty but I think they're showing a bit too much story stuff

Also who is the dead body being covered at the start of the trailer

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

50/50 odds it's Carmine.

• Options
    Arteen wrote: »

50/50 odds it's Carmine.

nah, they wouldn't dedicate that much time to Carmine.

• Options
    Has anyone ever wept for a Carmine lol

• Options
    Has anyone ever wept for a Carmine lol

the person that needs to clean up the mess?

• Options
    The fact that the DLC and bug fixing teams are separate at Pubg Corp explains a whole lot

• Options
    so Forza Horizon 4 is still gonna be an approximation for the locale. was wondering if there was gonna be a change when the highlighted Edinburgh being in there. means definitely no Glasgow though. :(

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I'm guessing
    Oscar; Kait's uncle from the first game.

• Options
    It's so weird to see Tina Summerford on Xbox streams; reminds me on being a teen and watching G4 lol

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So. I can't be the only person who is furious over what has been done to Forza Horizon 4, can I?

Please?

what exactly do you think has been 'done' to it to be angry about?

It being always online, filled with other players, which is terrible.

It's not always online, you can disconnect and play with Drivatars at any time. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first?page=3

OH THANK GOD

Playing racing games with other people is somehow worse than playing just about any other kind of game with other people.

Panic rescinded.

In the same article they say other players can't crash into you, anyone who's not in your convoy (in-game party) or friends list will phase through you.
    So. I can't be the only person who is furious over what has been done to Forza Horizon 4, can I?

Please?

It's not always online, you can disconnect and play with Drivatars at any time. http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first?page=3

also isn't this exactly what they did with Horizon 3 too?

Not at all. FH3 had Drivatars, and an optional seperate multiplayer mode. FH4 is by default online in the same sever with other players at all times unless you disconnect/have no internet.

• Options
    Been watching the PC Gaming show. Anything interesting happen at Inside Xbox?

• Options
    so Outer Wilds is Minut in space with a 20 minute clock instead of 60 seconds.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Pretty excited for FH4.

I look forward to Skidzilla's drivatar becoming the bane of my existence again.
    @Skull2185 It's set in my home country this time. I'll be buying FH4 on day one, for sure. :biggrin:

Send me a message on XBL and I'll race you with my 'souped-up' Robin Reliant sometime (in FH3, hopefully it's in FH4 as well). :P :whistle:

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Not at all. FH3 had Drivatars, and an optional seperate multiplayer mode. FH4 is by default online in the same sever with other players at all times unless you disconnect/have no internet.

When you say "disconnect", does that mean there's an option to go offline or do I have to actually yank the ethernet cable from my console? Always online kinda kills a day one purchase for me, because you know that shit ain't gonna work right for the first couple days after launch.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Pretty excited for FH4.

I look forward to Skidzilla's drivatar becoming the bane of my existence again.
    Skull2185 It's set in my home country this time. I'll be buying FH4 on day one, for sure. :biggrin:

Send me a message on XBL and I'll race you with my 'souped-up' Robin Reliant sometime (in FH3, hopefully it's in FH4 as well). :P :whistle:

Well, if you drive anything like your AI counterpart, I imagine you would have that thing out in 1st place with a 6+second lead.

I want to buy FH4 day one, but always online worries me. Is 3 technically always online? How'd that fare at launch?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Every other game in the series has had the option to play completely off-line, including 3.

I really wouldn't worry about it, and they've already clarified that 4 will follow this same trend. :)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

When you say "disconnect", does that mean there's an option to go offline or do I have to actually yank the ethernet cable from my console?

Either. The interview says you can switch to offline at any time, and disconnecting is seamless with no booting to menu or title screen or anything.

• Options
    Hey, if I'm going to get a 4K tv and want to utilize my One X to the fullest, what do I need to look out for? I know some kinds of HDR are compatible but others might not be. Is there anything else I need to be aware of in regards to my xbox?

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Hey, if I'm going to get a 4K tv and want to utilize my One X to the fullest, what do I need to look out for? I know some kinds of HDR are compatible but others might not be. Is there anything else I need to be aware of in regards to my xbox?

If you have any other 4K/HDR devices you plan on connecting, you may want to find out how many HDMI ports on the TV support it. My TV has 4 HDMI inputs, but only 2 of them support all the fancy features.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    response time is important, so look for reviews that specifically talk about ideal response time for gaming. Also lots of my friends who have bought 4k tvs with hdr have found that you sometimes actually have to enable HDR in the tv settings for it to work, and Junk like that. Not sure about HDR compatibility, another thing that you'll have to hunt for detailed reviews on

• Options
    It really depends on price too, and if you want fancy OLED or QLED screens. I don't care for smart TV since most consoles do the job fine for apps. If you want an 4k at a not crazy price look at LED or LCD, though they won't have the same pop of color an OLED has it will definitely look great in low light. Sony has the X900F which my friend has, looks nice.

It's worth going to best buy and asking if they'll let you mess with the picture settings on sets you are interested in. The demo modes tend to boost contrast and muck about in other ways to draw your eye. The real test most people look for is how dark the black areas look on the screen, and high contrast can wash out the deeper, darker colors.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

From what I understand, the XB1X supports HDR 10, not Dolby Vision. So make sure the TV has that if you're buying one with HDR.

• Options
    Has Fallout New Vegas always been so... I dunno, chunky(?) with your character's movements? I feel like my character is sliding around on ice, and stutter stepping all at the same time. There's also a delay between when I let go of the stick and when the character stops moving.

Has it always been like that and I just don't remember?

• Options
    The movement animations aren't great (they're like FO3) and not what I'd call ultra-responsive, but I don't recall the controller delay being a thing on Xbox.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    There anything interesting happening with E3 for the rest of this week pertaining to Xbox? Thread's at the amateur analysis and uh-pinion phase and I don't feel like investing much energy following it at this point.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    There anything interesting happening with E3 for the rest of this week pertaining to Xbox? Thread's at the amateur analysis and uh-pinion phase and I don't feel like investing much energy following it at this point.

Oh, you.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

They still need to show off the live music talent. They can't afford to allow an artisanal music gap this late into the console cycle!

• Options

there's a daily show and there will be details and hands-on impressions filtering out over the next couple days, but i wouldn't expect any big announcements going forward.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Please?

OH THANK GOD

Playing racing games with other people is somehow worse than playing just about any other kind of game with other people.

Panic rescinded.

In the same article they say other players can't crash into you, anyone who's not in your convoy (in-game party) or friends list will phase through you.

Please?

also isn't this exactly what they did with Horizon 3 too?

Don't care if they can't bump into me, I don't want them there. Kudos to Playground Games for keeping that option available.

• Options
    Yeah, Forza has traditionally been very keen on the idea of meeting the player's wishes and giving them more options (it's why we have time rewind). That sounds like a correct move from them.

Also, Inside Xbox and short version added to OP.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Oh, you.

"Oh, you" yourself. I said what I said.

• Options
    edited June 2018

Oh, you.

Hence the "oh, you." You don't have to shit on other people's fun.

cloudeagle on
  • Options

Oh, you.

If I wanted to shit on the thread I would have asked it there.

• Options

Oh, you.

If I wanted to shit on the thread I would have asked it there.

Instead you shat at a distance.