As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Switch - Everyone is Here!

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Oh I didn't know you could be Pikachu, neat

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    the splatoon finals will be at 1 PM pacific and the smash tournament will be right after that

BahamutZERO.gif
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    One of the competitive techniques in Melee was "dash-dancing". Basically, if you started dashing in the opposite direction right after you started dashing in the initial direction, you had no turnaround animation and the new dash started instantly. The practical application was that so long as you kept dash-dashing, you were able to commit to a full dash in either direction at will. Which meant that in a neutral situation, you have both players tapping the control sticks back and forth continuously while both characters just kind of spasm and kick up dust clouds. It expanded the possibility space of the game, but it also looked fucking stupid and wore out your hands if you did it with any regularity.

Tripping was implemented for two purposes: the more overtly stated one was that it created occasional reversals of fortune where you think you have the advantage, but then things don't go your way. But tripping was also a soft nerf to dash-dancing. There's only a small chance that any given stick input will result in a trip, but if you issue ten times the normal amount of stick inputs, you drive the probability of hitting the trip chance proportionately. You can still dash-dance in Brawl, but not indefinitely. If it were me, I'd have set it up such that the trip chance starts at 0 and only starts to accrue once you hit an irrational number of stick inputs over a certain period of time, but the idea was for it to show up in the party modes as well.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

This is the most shocking post of the thread

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i like the dodge mechanic they're introducing with a lowered amount of chance that you'll actually dodge

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains

This is the most shocking post of the thread

boooo

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited June 2018
    they're doing a deeper look into moves and shit in smash on the treehouse stream now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FchkqXEg0qs

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    deeper?!?!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    chicago style moves

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I want more costume options in general, but for the love of god, let me play as the Twilight Princess version of the Zelda characters. Ike gets two costumes but Zelda gets only out of her sixty million incarnations.

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    some stuff i noted about the fe: tree three houses footage

the like, red lines above enemy units linking to the player's team shift and waver as the player takes action, which makes me think it's giving you a predicted threat indicator on your moves

like if you move here suddenly the ai changes focus because there's a more pressing problem, and the game gives you immediate feedback on that prioritizing

it's a very anti sloppy mistakes change, which is interesting

also coat guy with no voiced lines is, absolutely a customizable player character

give option for TP or OOT gannondorf and also throw wind waker 'dorf for fun

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Also, my kingdom for Tuxedo Bowser.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Also, my kingdom for Tuxedo Bowser.

I thought they said odyssey costumes were there? Or was that just Mario?

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    I guess that StarFox/Fzero game is false for the time being, almost wonder if the original leaker got confused with the Starlink game

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just watched a dude freak the fuck out over the Smash segment. He destroyed a shelf behind him and maybe broke a finger. I kinda wish I could be that excited about something just once in my life.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I just watched a dude freak the fuck out over the Smash segment. He destroyed a shelf behind him and maybe broke a finger. I kinda wish I could be that excited about something just once in my life.

I smiled and let out a quiet but audible 'yes' when they were showing the characters, and I thought that was excessive

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Man I don't

I like being excited about things

Being so excited I literally lose control of my body does not sound good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I guess that StarFox/Fzero game is false for the time being, almost wonder if the original leaker got confused with the Starlink game

I wanted them to talk more about it in the direct but I understand why they didn't
    Still I do hope it's an open environment flyer and not on rails

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i think calling it smash 4.5 kind of undersells the changes they've made. i think that is also part of the reason why they redesigned link to have remote bombs and stuff to try to distance themselves a bit more. i likened it to mk trilogy, but even then, this probably has more mechanical changes.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm very very excited and all of my stuff is still where it was

6F32U1X.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm very very excited and all of my stuff is still where it was

With amiibo saves crossing over to the switch my brother said Cool
    I still suck at smash but I feel I might be better in this edition

• useruser Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »

Hahahahaha. So this whole time it has been a 4 pole jack, but they never chose to let people use it as such because ???

so at this point who are the big Smash roster unicorns that haven't been included? Simon Belmont, a Square-Enix representative that's actually ever been on a Nintendo system, and Goku?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    user wrote: »

Hahahahaha. So this whole time it has been a 4 pole jack, but they never chose to let people use it as such because ???

“4 Pole Jack” was my nickname in High School.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    so at this point who are the big Smash roster unicorns that haven't been included? Simon Belmont, a Square-Enix representative that's actually ever been on a Nintendo system, and Goku?

people really want crono

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Isaac from golden sun I see requested a lot
    Aka “please resurrect golden sun”

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

probably Waluigi, too?

What about the Bike from ExciteBike?

And the Shadowgate from Shadowgate?

And the

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    It's gotta be really awkward to play the game while talking into the headphone jack.

Delduwath wrote: »
    It's gotta be really awkward to play the game while talking into the headphone jack.

Nah I talk to it all the time.

Oh I just realized. Not that I expected otherwise. But Terraria wasn’t in Nintendo’s feed, either.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

probably Waluigi, too?

He's already been shown as an assist trophy, so that kind of confirms that he's not in this one.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

Nah I talk to it all the time.

I'd like to introduce my new OC character, Headphone Jack. Please stay tuned to hear more about his adventures in the land of Auralia.

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Waluigi will not be playable in Smash until we prove that our admiration for him is sincere

masterofmetroid on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I was really expecting at least a 2 minute look at the King Knight expansion for Shovel Knight. Especially since Shovel Knight was prominently displayed on the Switch behind Reggie.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    King K. Rool is another character with a lot of momentum behind him, at least in the enthusiast circles.

Bandanna Waddle Dee is one of the more prominent "meme pick" category characters (in unofficial popularity polls, I regularly see him in the top three).

I don't know if Pokemon Trainer's sucked the air out of the room for Pokemon, but Decidueye is the one that gets brought up the most often, being a fully-evolved starter and a Grass-type, which would complete the set between Charizard, Greninja, and _____.

Third-party-wise, Banjo-Kazooie has a lot of support.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    I'm not sure what looks insincere about my 20 foot tall gold waluigi statue that my neighbors keep yelling at me about leaving in the middle of the road

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Gotta say as far as fire emblem games subtitles go three houses is kinda weak

This discussion has been closed.