As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Twilight Imperium 4e - Game 4: Round 7 - Action Phase / Game End

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Exhaust Torkan, Centauri, Corneeq, Wellon and Saudor for 12 influence. +2/0/2

3/4/3

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    (I think my only chance is throwing myself on the mercy of the SO deck, and I can't do that without strategy counters; that said, Naalu took the best one just then so I don't know what I can get :/)

discrider on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Exhaust Rarron for one strategy token
    1/3/2

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Looks like we're waiting for @MrBody to log in to take his Leadership Secondary?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Exhaust Lirta IV for 1 token in tactics
    T/F/S 3/4/2

Don't think anyone took 2, so @Preda ?

MrBody wrote: »
    Exhaust Lirta IV for 1 token in tactics
    T/F/S 3/4/2

<_<
    You took Meer and are now not using it for I...

discrider wrote: »
    Don't think anyone took 2, so Preda ?
    @Hedgethorn took (3) Politics, so he's up next.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Oh. I thought Construction was three. Sorry.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Nope, @Hedgethorn took politics, not me, even if I can't find a reason why I didn't but that it was dawn and I was still asleep and thought it was already choosen...

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Activate the Beta wormhole next to the Gravity Rift.
    Move one cruiser from Arnor/Lor and one cruiser +fighter from Moll Primus to the Beta Wormhole System.

@discrider for any reaction / retreat, then @MrBlarney for combat. Both cruisers will get an Ambush roll.

Ambush occurs before I can announce any retreat, and I've got nowhere to go, so..

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    I think you could hang out in the gravity rift if you wanted.

That would still require an AC, which would likely still come after the Ambush.

That is unless you're playing an AC or not Ambushing :winky:

Other than the action cards I've had in this game and the last, I don't really know what's in the deck. I seem to recall some card that cancels an attack, so I'm just making sure nothing like that is in the works.

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    @Hedgethorn This may help. https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/157402/twilight-imperium-4th-edition-action-card-overview
    List of all the action cards in the deck, for perusal.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77
    edited June 2018
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Other than the action cards I've had in this game and the last, I don't really know what's in the deck. I seem to recall some card that cancels an attack, so I'm just making sure nothing like that is in the works.

Well, the standard one, Skilled Retreat, triggers off the start of a round of combat, which can be the same as the start of combat trigger of your Ambush.
    As you're attacking, your ability or first AC goes off before any of mine if they have the same trigger, so I wouldn't be able to play that until after your Ambush.

I don't know if there's any others.

discrider on
    Round 6 - Battle at Beta Wormhole

Pre-combat effects

Mentak has 2 Cruiser IIs and 1 Fighter
    Winnu has 1 Cruiser

Mentak uses racial ability "Ambush" to make two rolls with their Cruisers before the first combat round.

Geth roll 2d10t6 for Mentak Ambush

Mentak Ambush:
    2d10t6 2 [2d10t6=8, 9]

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Mentak scores 2 hits, destroying the Winnu Cruiser. Combat resolves in favor of Mentak.

Action moves to @Preda.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited June 2018
    Mentak gains one TG from Salvage Operations. Use Salvage Operations and exhaust Tar'Mann spend one TG to produce a new cruiser in the Beta wormhole. (I think that's how that power works.)

Hedgethorn on
    Mentak gains one TG from Salvage Operations. Use Salvage Operations and exhaust Tar'Mann to produce a new cruiser in the Beta wormhole. (I think that's how that power works.)

It does, but you have no cruisers left to build.

Mentak gains one TG from Salvage Operations. Use Salvage Operations and exhaust Tar'Mann to produce a new cruiser in the Beta wormhole. (I think that's how that power works.)

Mojo just blew up the three that were in Lodor.

Oh right!
    Then that should work, yes.
    I was going off the end of round map.

Mojo just blew up the three that were in Lodor.

Cruisers are 2R though, and Sarween only works on a unit's production.

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Construction. Build A space Dock on Tren'Lak and a Pds on Fria.

@discrider @MrBody @Ketar @Mojo_Jojo @Hedgethorn for secondary.

(Also @Hedgethorn to pay 2R for a cruiser)

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Play secondary
    Spend a strategy to build a spacedock on the other planet in my home system (activating it)
    Activate the minister of industry powers to free build 2 fighters
    1/3/1

As much as another PDS would look pretty on my planets, I think I have to Pass
    PDS: Good if you have lots of I and not much else. And your neighbour isn't only amassing forces in his home system.
    Then perhaps you can exert power by blowing stuff up as its built/extorting, without needing R.

Pass on construction secondary.

Also, I edited my orders from the end of my turn to spend a TG for the cruiser instead of exhausting Tar'Mann, since apparently Sarween Tools doesn't combo with Salvage Ops.

Pass on secondary.

Barely caught myself in the middle of building something that would have frozen mah ships in place yet again.

pass construction

Which makes it my turn I believe.

Technology
    Exhaust Bereg, Starpoint, and Meer for 6R and red tech specialty
    Research Carrier II and PDS II

secondary plays up

Take Tech secondary. Exhaust Moll Primus to research PDS II.

T/F/S 2/4/1
    C/T/A 0/4/4

edited June 2018
    MrBody wrote: »
    Which makes it my turn I believe.

Technology
    Exhaust Bereg, Starpoint, and Meer for 6R and red tech specialty
    Research Carrier II and PDS II

secondary plays up

You moved the wormhole away from your PDS though :(
    I mean someone has to use your wormholes as portable PDS dispensers, and it doesn't look like me at this point.

discrider on
    @Ketar @Mojo_Jojo @Preda
    I'm playing the secondary when I have some time

I'll play the secondary when home and can figure out what to use to pay for it.

Exhaust Resculon and Tequ'ran and play on secondary. Research Destroyer II. We guess. Meh.

3/4/2

Take secondary
    Exhaust Druaa and Qucen'n
    Research infantry II

1/3/0

Yeah I would have preferred infantry II but those were the only 2 useful ones I could grab this round (dread II isn't too useful for Creuss).

That's the only one I have the prereqs for so utility doesn't really come into it