As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bluetooth Mice: Should I even buy one, or is wireless alone all I need?

HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
I'm the proud owner of a new Macbook, and I'm looking to match the purchase with a brand-new wireless mouse. Seeing that the Macbook has built-in bluetooth, I'm now looking into bluetooth mice for the added convenience of not having to worry about a dongle. I haven't come to any decisions after spending a few moments researching, though.

Basically, I'm wondering how worth it it will be to invest an extra $20 bucks into my purchase and jump from this to a $40+ model. I'm also wondering if there are any problems with bluetooth mice that may warrant going with something else for now and waiting for better bluetooth mice to come on the market.

It's worth noting that I don't game, so I don't need the most precise instrument in the world. I do still want a reasonable degree of precision and reliability, however, in addition to the obvious benefits of portability and added convenience.

Other mice I'm considering are this and this. I'm also aware of this and the Mighty Mouse, though I'd say both are a bit more than I'm willing to spend on something that I'm not guaranteed to like.

Home-1.jpg
Hooraydiation on

• Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Would this be better off in the Help section?

Also, I'm reading that some bluetooth mice face signal interference when wifi is about, and that's making me reconsider. I'd rather sacrifice a USB port than face lost connections every day.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    You might find quicker help in Help/Advice

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    steeefsteeef Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've got this one:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104003

I got it because I wanted to have an excuse to use Bluetooth.

The only difference between it and the wireless version (which I've owned for a longer period) that I've noticed is it takes a second or two for the cursor to respond to mouse movements once the mouse falls asleep, which happens pretty quickly.

steeef on
    steeef.png