As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    This looks extremely intriguing and I can't wait to learn more. Spring 2019 stings, but it's not THAT far away, really.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    It will be three houses so they can sell you three different campaigns again :V

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I'm kinda hoping the story's gonna be about three noble houses fighting each other for a vacant royal throne. Get some succession crisis going on in here.

But I'm sure dragons and goddesses are gonna get mixed up in this somehow.

• Options
    https://www.rpgsite.net/news/7332-fire-emblem-three-houses-revealed-for-nintendo-switch
    A brand-new Fire Emblem game with a new story and characters is coming to the Nintendo Switch system.The game takes place on Focilan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and its people. As the main character, the player must not only fight on the battlefield, but also can move the character freely and interact with other characters to build relationships and gather information at some parts. This turn-based tactical RPG will put new strategic twists on battling, with formations of troops supporting individual units on the battlefield. Do you have what it takes to survive and conquer in this brand-new Fire Emblem game?

FEATURES:

A traditional turn-based tactical RPG that puts new twists on strategic battling. Now when the player maneuvers a unit, formations of troops move with them and support them in battle.
    In some parts, the player can move the main character freely, and interact with other characters and gather information.
    The game is set in a new world—Focilan, where the Church of Seiros exercises great power over the land and people.
    Your protagonist meets three main characters—Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude—who play important roles in the story.

• Options
    'Your protagonist' sounds neutral enough that it might mean they're another Avatar character.

Which I would be OK with.

• Options
    'Your protagonist' sounds neutral enough that it might mean they're another Avatar character.

Which I would be OK with.

Yeah, especially since he was adressed as "teacher" in the trailer by Edelgard.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Every time I see the name Edelgard I read it as Edgelord first and have to make a double take.

ANYWAY.

I am so excited for this. IMO the last console FEs were PEAK FE.

I've been waiting for them to come back with a new full console game ever since and it's finally happening.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yup, it's Edgelord. Edelgard is the kind of made up name an Edgelord would come up with.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So looking to be turn-based with free roam.

I'm hoping free roam is restricted to hub areas otherwise it kind of throws off the flow of TBS games.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

I'm hoping free roam is restricted to hub areas otherwise it kind of throws off the flow of TBS games.

That's the way it looked to me. I assume it will be like Fates My Castle but from a 3rd person perspective

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

That's the way it looked to me. I assume it will be like Fates My Castle but from a 3rd person perspective

Man, I hope so.

I really enjoyed designing My Castle. Most of my castles were built on that map with that giant sacred rock in the middle, but that river map was neat as well.

So if Design-Your-Own-Castle becomes a Fire Emblem thing like Design-Your-Own-Protagonist I'd be into that.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    I dunno if they'll let you design the castle again, but I suspect there will be *some* kind of hub area like that with all those things.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    some stuff i noted about the fe: tree three houses footage

the like, red lines above enemy units linking to the player's team shift and waver as the player takes action, which makes me think it's giving you a predicted threat indicator on your moves

like if you move here suddenly the ai changes focus because there's a more pressing problem, and the game gives you immediate feedback on that prioritizing

it's a very anti sloppy mistakes change, which is interesting

• Options
    some stuff i noted about the fe: tree three houses footage

the like, red lines above enemy units linking to the player's team shift and waver as the player takes action, which makes me think it's giving you a predicted threat indicator on your moves

like if you move here suddenly the ai changes focus because there's a more pressing problem, and the game gives you immediate feedback on that prioritizing

it's a very anti sloppy mistakes change, which is interesting

Yeah I noticed that, and I wasn't sure what those lines meant exactly. My guess was that it was a quick visual indicator of all enemies who were in range of attacking the selected unit - sort of a stream-lined version of the defense grid.

• Options

Looks like Treehouse are localizing it then. 8-4 back for Echoes: Genealogy of the Holy War?

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Well crap. Please don't fuck up the translation like you did with Fates Treehouse...

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    We haven't seen much of the game yet (hoping that changes in one of the Treehouse broadcasts in the next day or two), but so far I'm not super impressed by the character designs this time around. After Fates I just expect a lot more design diversity and uniqueness to the characters. From what I can tell, they all look very "vanilla" so far.

And no, I'm not just talking about Camilla's giant knockers. I loved Ryoma's design and Hinoka and Rinkah and Niles and Oboro and Saizo... and a bunch of other ones.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I agree. But I'm hoping that that's down to the main three characters that have been shown off (Edelgard, Claude, and Dimitri) all dressing in a way that's purposefully similar. I imagine they're all of the same Aristocrat class.

180?cb=20180613040117180?cb=20180613034841180?cb=20180613041301

Hopefully once they get away from these three we'll see more variety.

(Also, considering that Edelgard seems to have access to Axes/Swords/Magic and we see Dimitri with Lances and Claude with Bows, I'm wondering if Aristocrats' weapon types are customisable.)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Blue dude is right out already as my choice. Just so zzzzzzz..

Whoever is cooler between red and yellow wins out for my support!

• Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    We haven't seen much of the game yet (hoping that changes in one of the Treehouse broadcasts in the next day or two), but so far I'm not super impressed by the character designs this time around. After Fates I just expect a lot more design diversity and uniqueness to the characters. From what I can tell, they all look very "vanilla" so far.

And no, I'm not just talking about Camilla's giant knockers. I loved Ryoma's design and Hinoka and Rinkah and Niles and Oboro and Saizo... and a bunch of other ones.

Yeah, none of these three grabs you visually in their design like Xander/Ryoma.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Mechanics wise, looking through screenshots of the trailer this makes it seem like Bows can at least counter-attack at a range of 1.

• Options
    I think they are fine so far. We've seen like four characters so I'm not gonna judge yet. I'm more worried about the dialog being bland and lifeless with treehouse doing the localization :/ I'm still not sure how much of Fates was them vs. the original plot being terrible, but I have to think 8-4 could have at least improved that boring mess...

• Options
    I didn't think Fates had a terrible plot. I rather enjoyed it.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    No more microwave-children.

Xander and small Xander didn't dress super interesting.

PLA on
  • Options
    When is today's Treehouse event?

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8AJBlmLMZM

So far this still seems accurate for the new one...

--Mark Twain
  • Options

Uh... now.

At the moment, they're playing Smash Bros. again.

• Options

Uh... now.

At the moment, they're playing Smash Bros. again.

I tried to find any hints on when/if they'll talk about Fire Emblem, but was unsuccessful.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Gentle reminder that Treehouse localizes a lot of things, and are among the very best in the business when it comes to localization. Fates had problems, but I think very little of that was down to localization

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Gentle reminder that Treehouse localizes a lot of things, and are among the very best in the business when it comes to localization. Fates had problems, but I think very little of that was down to localization

I mean, they do, but I find their work hit or miss. Sometimes it's really great, other times you get Doge memes thrown into LoZ: Triforce Heroes... I'm sure it depends on who gets assigned to a particular game.

zelda-triforce-heroes-doge-such-ruin.jpg

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

I mean, they do, but I find their work hit or miss. Sometimes it's really great, other times you get Doge memes thrown into LoZ: Triforce Heroes... I'm sure it depends on who gets assigned to a particular game.

Is that really doge, though? "So ancient. Such ruin" is grammatically correct, it seems more like an attempt to spice the line up than someone scoring sick meme cred.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Man I saw that screencap get thrown around a lot two years ago as part and parcel of people complaining about "censorship" in Fates, it doesn't impress me. Triforce Heroes on the whole has a great localization, that line notwithstanding.

Like, they do the translating on fucking everything. They do Splatoon. They do almost peerless work.

There's no real reason to assume this will be anything less than top shelf unless and until it proves itself otherwise, and what we've seen so far looks very good.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    TamerBill wrote: »

Is that really doge, though? "So ancient. Such ruin" is grammatically correct, it seems more like an attempt to spice the line up than someone scoring sick meme cred.

I have no issue with that line or anything personally, but yes that is 100% invoking evoking? doge speak.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Don't you "because time" me. I hate time. Fates isn't even good at time. Lucina had a timemachine, but she didn't grow up the day she was born. Awakening knew that children are born young.
    Stupid magic castle. Awful.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Whaddup, other FE thread. So I dug up some etymology on Edelgard. It literally means "Noble house". Or Noblegarden, if you're feeling poetic.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The doge reference critique of the Treehouse suffers from the problem of the truncated sample size. Yes, there is an NPC whose dialog is a doge reference. How's the rest of Triforce Heroes translated? Was the whole thing memed up, or is that a single incident?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wonder...Attack, Magic and Combat arts all have their own menu now.

I wonder if that means they will be borrowing from the system that was used in Echoes. I hope so as I really liked it.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Claude....hello

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    There's another Treehouse today, right? Maybe they'll talk about something other than Smash today.

This discussion has been closed.