As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eternal Card Game] Set two, Omens of the Past, released!

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Tynnan wrote: »
    I really like that mechanic. And I also like that, based on how it reads, you can retrieve the card you exchange if it later becomes relevant.

it's confirmed to work that way yeah

also the exchange counts as a "draw" for anything that cares about that like Echo

Would be cute to set up some kind of engine to keep replaying a merchant and swapping the same Echo card for itself in the market. Card advantage!

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Interesting. So you can swap lands...er, power, from your hand for the cards in your market, right?

Nope. You need to swap something with a faction identity - as in a card that has a matching influence cost.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Interesting. So you can swap lands...er, power, from your hand for the cards in your market, right?

Nope. You need to swap something with a faction identity - as in a card that has a matching influence cost.

If that's true, the card is worded poorly. The way it's phrased makes it seem like the color identity only matters on the card being taken from the market.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Per Scarlatch, according to r/eternalcardgame:

Yes it does draw the card

Yes you can market cards you put into it during the game

Yes all power are considered the factions they create

Cards in your market aren't affected by gameplay - attacks, etc

Opponent's can't see markets

These are the only cards that access the market in the set

Temp cards like Bore will stay in the Market

In draft your market is from drafted cards

Merchants don't appear in Forge

Markets only appear in deck construction when you add a merchant to your deck

You can not pass the 4x rule with a market

Tynnan on
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    The new set spoilers are out, and there are a lot of cool stuff in there!
    Eilyn takes Argenport!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Any idea what this 'What's Your Playstyle?' this is all about?

ew9y0DD.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I don't, but they patched in a new tutorial/onboarding experience today, so you're probably logging into that.

liEt3nH.png
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Any idea what this 'What's Your Playstyle?' this is all about?

I assumed it was just a survey. More focus on official support for competitive (Warrior), or more limited options (Explorer)? Tinker may be a push for more events with a specific deck focus?

Jokes on them I voted for a third fourth party candidate!

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    Also all my decks are always listed 'new', and they broke the faction experience graphic at the end of each game.

ew9y0DD.png
    Yy1NbC0.png
    GC4CGb5.png

oh my goodness

liEt3nH.png
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Not sure how I feel about spreading Infiltrate into Time; also weird that Time gets an anti-Echo card.

i mean basically everyone is getting Warp this set so the rules are all willy nilly

liEt3nH.png
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    I'm trying to build a green red deck. I've named it "Drink your Valk" and I'm very proud of it.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Next event is .... ranked? Rewards are Fall of Argenport (new set) packs.

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    According to the devs on the Discord, goal is the set launching this week

liEt3nH.png
    Set 4 downtime is tomorrow.

liEt3nH.png
    This new set is real weird and there is a whole lot of crap. Honestly unsure if a single common is constructed-playable.

metaghost wrote: »
    This new set is real weird and there is a whole lot of crap. Honestly unsure if a single common is constructed-playable.

pyre elemental seems totally playable in a prowess-style deck
    i've seen some green lists testing lingering influence

and while that's about it on my first glance, we're at the point where there are 4 pretty sizeable sets in the format, so it's going to be harder and harder for any individual card to make the cut if they're not power creeping

liEt3nH.png
    ...we're at the point where there are 4 pretty sizeable sets in the format, so it's going to be harder and harder for any individual card to make the cut if they're not power creeping

That's very true; it's obviously too soon to campaign for rotations, but they unfortunately seem to be designing denser and denser cards in lieu of designing good cards. And based on my climb through Silver & Gold, Time is seriously suffering from being the "throw some Legendaries in a pile" faction.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It does look at least like they're planning on a rotation. there's been quite a few cards in this set that have been "This fills a niche from set 1 or 2 in a slightly different way" so we're probably looking at a rotation come set 5.

M A G I K A Z A M
    i've been ready for rotation for a long time but i'm not sure how much of that is that set 1 had a very extended time in beta before they started to release new sets

liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2018
    What sort of lists are folks working with at the moment? I only have a few new cards (well, useable new cards), so I've just been jamming games with a modified Skycrag Aggro list with Merchants and Dusk Raiders:

6pepui7vuc0y.png

It's uh, not doing great, but still feels competitive. The Time decks are brutal to play against, whether Praxis Tokens or Time Good Stuff, and Chalice can still go fuck itself every day of the week. Have had a lot of fun and close games against Feln lists (praise be the Open Market) and I feel like I crush the Stonescar Berserker lists, but I suspect they're pretty poop anyway.

EDIT: Currently about halfway through Diamond 3; switched out Rockslide for Alpine Ranger, Criva became Shogun of the Wastes, and Obliterate is Cloud of Ash (like I said, Time is a problem). Dusk Raider is kinda bonkers and definitely a kill-on-sight if you run into folks on similar list. I'd run Polymorph in the Market, but I don't think the 3/1 split on Merchants is a good idea.

metaghost on
    Bronze 3 to Masters in two days? Easy peasy.

xii1dukgiuq9.png

Still think the deck is horribly positioned in the current early meta, but you steal wins like whoa courtesy of Dusk Raider + Shogun Tactics (and various other means). Current list is a bit different from the above, but a lot of the changes are just based on the moment to moment matchups I was facing.

I’d have thought merchants would be too slow for skycraggro, but I guess I’m wrong! Bunch of cards I’m not familiar with there. Dusk Raider is really good, then?

ew9y0DD.png
    I’d have thought merchants would be too slow for skycraggro, but I guess I’m wrong! Bunch of cards I’m not familiar with there. Dusk Raider is really good, then?

All of the Merchants are must-craft and format-defining. And in the case of Ixtun/Skycraggro, similar lists pre-Set 4 would have lot of so-so cards like the 3/2 Exhaust Yeti, Rockslide, and 2/2 Anti-Attachment Yeti — all of which tend to be dead draws in the Time-centric meta were dealing with. Plus, Ixtun is a 3/3 Overwhelm for 3! She wears Katanas well, and because Market counts as a draw, you can pull off neat tricks with Dusk Raider out to give a Market Unit Berserk.

And yeah, Dusk Raider is rad! Skycraggro especially needed ways to power through bad draws and find answers in the mid-game, and you just don't want to put the Draw 2 or Strategize in the deck. So 4 Levitate, 4 Katana, and 4 Dusk Raider really help ensure you find gas when you need it.

Oh hey I finished #65 on the ranked leaderboard this month. Sweet!

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I have not triggered Tribute ever.

Can someone explicitly explain when to play a Tribute card and when the Tribute will activate?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Cantido wrote: »
    I have not triggered Tribute ever.

Can someone explicitly explain when to play a Tribute card and when the Tribute will activate?

A unit must go to the void on your turn. Then you play the tribute card. It will highlight blue in hand if you've met the activation cost.

webber on
    This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Oh, it's Morbid?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Sort of, but it also works on discard. As long as one of your units went to the void, then you can play the tribute and get the effect.

Be it from a creature on board or a discard. both count, as long as it's yours. It does not count enemy units.

Although, it might if you have a shadowlands feaster....Hmmm.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
    This format is so ridiculously antagonistic towards aggressive decks that aren't "Time plops undercosted fatties at every part of the curve".

As cool as the Merchants are, I'm honestly unsure if they fully thought through the extent with which it allows these good stuff decks to just not give any fucks and just put all their answers into the Market.

heenato wrote: »
    Sort of, but it also works on discard. As long as one of your units went to the void, then you can play the tribute and get the effect.

Be it from a creature on board or a discard. both count, as long as it's yours. It does not count enemy units.

Self-mill also triggers it

liEt3nH.png
    heenato wrote: »

Self-mill also triggers it
    Yup. as long as one of your units goes to the void, it works.

M A G I K A Z A M
    I'm on full blown tilt; thankfully you can't derank out of Masters.

Folks are so upset about Teacher of Humility, but I just want Auralian Merchant to get deleted from the game. :(:(:(

Crystallize remains as busted as ever in sealed. 8-2 in the first week with Hooru Fliers and Stuns.

Crystallize remains as busted as ever in sealed. 8-2 in the first week with Hooru Fliers and Stuns.

My initial pool is extreme garbage. Squeaked out 6-4, but not sure I can imagine 2 packs of Dusk Road helping things in week 2.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

My initial pool is extreme garbage. Squeaked out 6-4, but not sure I can imagine 2 packs of Dusk Road helping things in week 2.

I haven’t played all my games for week 1 yet, but a deck with 2 Changeesticks can’t do too poorly

(Changeestik is nuts)

I haven’t played all my games for week 1 yet, but a deck with 2 Changeesticks can’t do too poorly

(Changeestik is nuts)

Also a strong contender for best card name in the set.

Holy shit, that's a common?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg