As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DCEU] launched a streaming service which has Young Justice S3

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Shazam's not going to be grimdark, I guess.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Shazam's not going to be grimdark, I guess.

Shazam's secretly a vampire and that cup is filled with innocent children's blood.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    That does need to be a 7 Eleven slurpee big gulp to emphasize kid hero (maybe some Apple Jacks too because we eat what we like), maybe they haven't secured promotional deals yet.

I'm slowly starting to get more optimistic about Shazam. From the movie's director:

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2018
    TexiKen wrote: »
    That does need to be a 7 Eleven slurpee big gulp to emphasize kid hero (maybe some Apple Jacks too because we eat what we like), maybe they haven't secured promotional deals yet.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Fencingsax on
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah they should be doing tons of kids commercials with Billy transformed and unaware that he is.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I'm slowly starting to get more optimistic about Shazam. From the movie's director:

I was sad it was him drinking that drink

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Trix is the obvious choice.

Fencingsax wrote: »

Cinnamon Toast Crunch

So close! The best cereal is Cinnamon Life (or the old Ninja Turtle cereal which was basically frosted chex with marshmallow pieces).

God do I want Billy to come into battle with the John Cena theme blasting on his iphone or a boombox as he lands. A meme within a meme because that's exactly what a kid would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFHqIqePsI

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is an abomination of a children's cereal. It's literally simple carbs covered in pure sugar.

As an adult I tried eating it again and gagged.

But goddamn I loved it so much when I was a kid.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Saw Justice League on the airplane. A lot of the character bits were good, but everything related to the main plot was dumber than a sack of hammers. I'd hate to see what the original version would have been. A lot of crappy hero shots throughout that didn't really feel earned, very Zack Snyder in that way. Wonder Woman's intro standing on top of whatever that building was, the stupid number of group slo-mo shots of the team at the end of the movie, a few others, they all were those 'look how cool this looks even if it makes no sense or has no emotional weight' shots that are his bread and butter.

If they absolutely have to make another of these, they're going to have to depower both Supes and Wonder Woman. She's fast enough to pull off a Flash type move of blocking all those bullets during the hostage crisis, and Superman is straight up in 'throw the problem into the sun' land. The Avengers have similar problems with Thor and Hulk being a tad stronger than Hawkeye or Widow, but those two bring other talents to the table. Justice League ends up having Batman use his super power of being rich to build himself a tank. Everyone remember that episode of the animated Justice League where everyone went to Apokalypse for some reason or other, and while the big guns were getting beat down by Darkseid, Batman was cruising around putting bombs in all the weapon storage sites, which is what allowed them to escape alive? Yeah, that doesn't seem to be the way they're going here.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    Everyone remember that episode of the animated Justice League where everyone went to Apokalypse for some reason or other, and while the big guns were getting beat down by Darkseid, Batman was cruising around putting bombs in all the weapon storage sites, which is what allowed them to escape alive? Yeah, that doesn't seem to be the way they're going here.

That was one of the animated movies IIRC. Yeah, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. It had goth Supergirl too.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So I've started watching Krypton and I have two things to say:

1. It is absolutely fantastic, and I wasn't expecting that. Even as a diehard Superman fan, I wasn't overly excited to watch a show about Superman grandpa, but the story they put together with Strange and a villain coming from the future to wipe out Superman before he was born is actually really flipping good so far.

2. This is what Inhumans should have been with production values and alien looking sets. Even with a tv budget, everything is so good looking.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    edited June 2018
    Well, we’re getting another Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman, and Shazam looks about as non-grimdark as a movie can get. It took them long enough, but it looks like the execs at DC/WB are finally learni
    Warner Bros. is looking to expand on Jared Leto’s version of the Joker, which debuted in 2016’s “Suicide Squad,” with a movie of his own.

Sources tell Variety that Leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “Suicide Squad.”

https://wp.me/p2WgDE-1joXip

cloudeagle on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Well, we’re getting another Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman, and Shazam looks about as non-grimdark as a movie can get. It took them long enough, but it looks like the execs at DC/WB are finally learni
    Warner Bros. is looking to expand on Jared Leto’s version of the Joker, which debuted in 2016’s “Suicide Squad,” with a movie of his own.

Sources tell Variety that Leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “Suicide Squad.”

Wow, a repeat of Leto's Joker and he's a producer. WB must have sort of super-secret extra level of rock bottom buried underneath the regular rock bottom.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Wow, a repeat of Leto's Joker and he's a producer. WB must have sort of super-secret extra level of rock bottom buried underneath the regular rock bottom.

Perhaps their goal is to litterally dig there way to the chinese markets?

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    So we're getting two Joker movies? Leto's and Phoenix's?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Yep. A non-DCEU and a DCEU.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Yep. A non-DCEU and a DCEU.

I can pretty much guarantee you that at least one, maybe both will never see the inside of a theater.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Shazam looked like it could turn things around for DC, so naturally they had to find a way to fix that.

edited June 2018
    Seriously what the fuck are these people thinking. And why do they get paid so much fucking money doing it.

Inquisitor77 on
    I think my favorite part about this is we got two Snyder films to totally fuck over Affleck's Batman and it would've been great if he had gotten a chance to make a Batman film of his own, but it's the one fuckawful jackass who may actually be worse than Snyder is the one getting to make a film about the character he wants.

I feel like a could save WB a ton of money by just having them pay me ten million dollars to pour $150 million down a hole instead of letting this film get made. It would certainly be faster, and the press would be better.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Seriously what the fuck are these people thinking. And why do they get paid so much fucking money doing it.

My guess is that this is a continuation of the warring sections of WB. One VP of Something got the Phoenix Joker movie greenlit. Now a different VP who doesn't like him wants to undercut him, so he's greenlit a Leto Joker movie, with the goal being to screw that first guy over, not to make a great movie.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote: »

My guess is that this is a continuation of the warring sections of WB. One VP of Something got the Phoenix Joker movie greenlit. Now a different VP who doesn't like him wants to undercut him, so he's greenlit a Leto Joker movie, with the goal being to screw that first guy over, not to make a great movie.

Yet somehow Gotham isn't allowed to officially use the Joker. Studio politics, man.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

Yet somehow Gotham isn't allowed to officially use the Joker. Studio politics, man.

Try being one of the poor bastards stuck in the animation department; those guys have gotten fucked in ways that would shock the conscience of amsterdamn's redlight district.

Gaddez wrote: »

Try being one of the poor bastards stuck in the animation department; those guys have gotten fucked in ways that would shock the conscience of amsterdamn's redlight district.

And yet the DC original animated movies have been leaps and bounds ahead of the live action guys in terms of understanding the characters, making an interesting movie and having a massive shared continuity that they don't beat you over the head with. I absolutely love the way they tied that new Suicide Squad move to Flashpont Paradox from YEARS ago.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

1. It is absolutely fantastic, and I wasn't expecting that. Even as a diehard Superman fan, I wasn't overly excited to watch a show about Superman grandpa, but the story they put together with Strange and a villain coming from the future to wipe out Superman before he was born is actually really flipping good so far.

2. This is what Inhumans should have been with production values and alien looking sets. Even with a tv budget, everything is so good looking.

So they didn't even bother to wait a season before bringing in villains that shouldn't exist yet? I wish I could say I was surprised.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

So they didn't even bother to wait a season before bringing in villains that shouldn't exist yet? I wish I could say I was surprised.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I'm not sure if there is another villain you are talking about, but the main villain the first season is building up to technically did exist during this era of Krypton in some of the versions of the story. (For example Superman: TAS and Smallville intertwined this villain with the history of Krypton.)

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, so I'm not sure if there is another villain you are talking about, but the main villain the first season is building up to technically did exist during this era of Krypton in some of the versions of the story. (For example Superman: TAS and Smallville intertwined this villain with the history of Krypton.)

I haven't watched the thing at all, I was just going off of what you said.

They’ve got Poison Ivy (whose a super villain woman now), Penguin, Ra’s al Gaul etc

Geoff Johns is going to write the Green Lantern movie so we're moving forward on that.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    It's interesting what's going on with Geoff Johns. He was Diane Nelson's hand picked nerd, for lack of a better term, to be the CCO and steer DC Entertainment into a better place, which he didn't do so hot with in the beginning but then fixed with Rebirth. But now that Nelson's left he's letting Jim Lee take over as CCO and is gonna start his own production crew and get some more writing in for the upcoming movies and this announced GLC movie, while also apparently writing more comics again.

It's interesting what's going on with Geoff Johns. He was Diane Nelson's hand picked nerd, for lack of a better term, to be the CCO and steer DC Entertainment into a better place, which he didn't do so hot with in the beginning but then fixed with Rebirth. But now that Nelson's left he's letting Jim Lee take over as CCO and is gonna start his own production crew and get some more writing in for the upcoming movies and this announced GLC movie, while also apparently writing more comics again.

WB politics. While Johns was originally from the movie side as a screenwriter he jumped ship to the comics years ago, Nelson has no leverage with the movie division - which is why Johns continues to be isolated from retaining power there.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    So last evening I needed some background noise while I did some household chores, so I put on Gotham by Gaslight and Batman Ninja.

I really enjoyed Gotham by Gaslight. It was refreshing seeing Batman with nothing but his wits, fists, and a gapling hook, next to his rogue gallery un-powered and un-rogued. He was, I would dare say, a more realistic and grounded version of Batman. The story was good as well. Heck, it even make me want to play an "Arkham" game based on that universe.

Batman Ninja was crap.

sig.gif
    And now the rumor is The Batman will be a standalone franchise with no links to the DCEU and no Affleck.

I just don't understand. How could you screw this up so much? Now everyone is going to be confused on every movie. Is this DCEU? Is this not? Are they just giving up and doing standalones but you have WW which is a part of the DCEU and they can't give that up. So are they going to just ignore the DCEU in it?

Supposedly you have for the DCEU:

Aquaman in 2018 is finished.
    Shazam in 2019 is about finished.
    WW2 in 2019 is about to start filming.

Cyborg in 2020 (Development)
    GL Corps in 2020 (Development)
    Suicide Squad 2 (?) (Development)
    Flashpoint err Flash movie (?) (Development)
    Black Adam (?) (Production starts next year?)

JL 2 (?) (Who knows?)
    Joker with Leto (?) (Who knows?)
    New Gods (?) (Who knows?)
    Harley Quin (?) (Who knows?)

But then you now have The Batman standalone franchise and a Joker origin story.

More shakeups under new DC cinematic head Walter Hamada. It was mentioned the Flash movie would be lighter and be more like Back to the Future than Flashpoint. The Joker origin movie (not the Jared Leto movie) would supposedly be modestly budgeted and released under a label like DC Black. And Battfleck could be out (again).

Fun quote:
    The exec, who successfully oversaw the Conjuring movies at New Line, inherited a slate in disarray and has quietly spent months sorting through projects. "He walked into a shitshow, and he's trying to clean it up," says one insider familiar with the scene.

At this point in time, I feel like the way Warner Bros is handling the DCEU actually is a Flash movie where he keeps fucking around with the timestream.

It would certainly help explain why the fuck they're doubling up on things they shouldn't even have singles of, and are just hucking titles at people to make movies.

Wonder Woman 2 has started production, and it's going to take place in 1984, the classiest decade. With some.....stranger things a ho ho ho going on in one of these photos Gadot and Jenkins have shared on the twitters.

PmVrEQV.jpg

KTzMTPM.jpg

jd0FXr1.jpg

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    That is some 80s hair right there.
    b2rcdkd6ilo0.png

This discussion has been closed.