As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    the first Shields are live and as follows.
    • Shepherd - Liberate the base of operations
    • Hazard - Clear 25 Landmarks in the Dark Zone
    • DeadEye - Complete all weekly HVT's in a single week
    • Avenger - Take out 10 named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone and 10 in West Side Piers

addition Shlields will unlock at a rate of one per month up through February. and again, these are retroactive, so if you've met any of the requirements in the past then the Shield will already be unlocked when you log in. i've apparently only managed the first one and have zero progress towards the others. got some work ahead of me it seems.

Dipped in real quick earlier and seems like only Shepherd is retroactive (at this time?). My other 3 were all at zero and I know I've cleared some DZ landmarks and at least 10 named bosses in various locations :P

76561197966849367.png
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    the first Shields are live and as follows.
    • Shepherd - Liberate the base of operations
    • Hazard - Clear 25 Landmarks in the Dark Zone
    • DeadEye - Complete all weekly HVT's in a single week
    • Avenger - Take out 10 named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone and 10 in West Side Piers

addition Shlields will unlock at a rate of one per month up through February. and again, these are retroactive, so if you've met any of the requirements in the past then the Shield will already be unlocked when you log in. i've apparently only managed the first one and have zero progress towards the others. got some work ahead of me it seems.

Dipped in real quick earlier and seems like only Shepherd is retroactive (at this time?). My other 3 were all at zero and I know I've cleared some DZ landmarks and at least 10 named bosses in various locations :P

maybe its not totally retroactive and just from the latest weekly reset? unfortunate if so.

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    I dipped in also and yeah other than shepherd it's all 0/10 etc.

Party upped with some random in the DZ and got half my numbers done. Was a really polite player and didn't get killed instantly which was big change up from the last time I played.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    900 deep queue today which I have not seen before, so looks like a lot of people coming back to check things out

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    900 deep queue today which I have not seen before, so looks like a lot of people coming back to check things out

Guess that means I won't be doing the Hazard Shield, then. That many people logging in, the DZ is going to be busy

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

Guess that means I won't be doing the Hazard Shield, then. That many people logging in, the DZ is going to be busy

PC, so might be different if you are elsewhere, but yeah :+1:

7qmGNt5.png

pretty sure you've got till March to get them done. once they're up they should stay active throughout.

Ooo...I'm really liking their whole "Welcome Back" cache pack. 2000 more Phoenix Credits and 500 Exotic Division Tech was really appreciated.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    if anyone is up for doing this shield stuff in a group throw me an invite or friend request darkmayoPA on Uplay.

Was running around the DZ earlier, was pretty quiet, of course got smoked by a rogue as since the DZ is still a troll filled shit hole.

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I logged in at lunch and got Shield credit for completing the 8x Weekly HVTs last week. They reset in ~5 hours, though.

Edit: I had no credit for the DZ landmark clears or the named bosses kills - I would easily have completed those shields upon logging in if they were retroactive.

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    A heroic soul has datamined the remaining shields
    List is sorted by their release:

Deadeye (June) – "One shot, one kill": Complete all weekly HVT's in a single week
    Avenger (June) – "Seek and destroy": Take out 10 Named Bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone and 10 in West Side Piers
    Shepherd (June) – "Guiding the flock": Liberate the base of operations
    Hazard (June) – "On deadly ground": Clear 25 Landmarks in the Dark Zone
    Sacred (July) – "Count your blessings": Complete 10 phases, get to level 10 and kill 10 Hunters in the UG
    Phoenix (August) – "Never say die": Extract 5 items, survive for 5 hours and kill 5 Hunters in Survival
    Talon (September) – "Death from above": Attain a Commendation score of 3000
    Rebel (October) – "Fight for your rights": Get to wave 15 in Resistance
    Fang (November) – "Tooth and claw": Complete every available mission on Legendary difficulty
    Prime (December) – "First and only": Collect 3 full classified gear sets
    Marshal (January) – "Law and order": Acquire all Exotic Armor and Weapons
    Chieftain (February) – "Hail to the chief": Achieve the highest possible optimized gear score [290]

as long as the retroactive stuff actually works (unlike the clear 25 landmarks one seems to be for example) this shouldn't be too bad. If it doesn't then Janurary's will be the worst getting everything to drop again looks like hell.

7qmGNt5.png
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Oof, some of those are gonna be rough. Legendary difficulty doesn't fuck around.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2018
    I got murdered in the DZ a bunch, but that's okay I'm almost done my landmarks.

Edit: what's the new best way to find classified sets outside of GEs?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Probably Weekly Caches.

Got 2 Shields done today.

edited June 2018
    You can also spend 2500 Phoenix points for a box with a guaranteed classified from the vendor in the terminal.
    Oof, some of those are gonna be rough. Legendary difficulty doesn't fuck around.

I find that if you get the right global event they are fairly forgiving. Ambush is particularly good as it gives you a huge boost to damage and requires you to keep your head down out of harms way. Coupled with a skill build and some patience it's not too bad.

Personally I am so so pleased there's no Incursions on the list because I hate playing with randos

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    You can also spend 2500 Phoenix points for a box with a guaranteed classified from the vendor in the terminal.

I find that if you get the right global event they are fairly forgiving. Ambush is particularly good as it gives you a huge boost to damage and requires you to keep your head down out of harms way. Coupled with a skill build and some patience it's not too bad.

Personally I am so so pleased there's no Incursions on the list because I hate playing with randos

I was more of a fan of Assault. But that one suited my playstyle better (I mean, I run around with a Bullfrog and Showstopper for crissakes!).

I was more of a fan of Assault. But that one suited my playstyle better (I mean, I run around with a Bullfrog and Showstopper for crissakes!).

Assault is how shotguns should be the whole time tbh, it's great fun

7qmGNt5.png

I run with Showstopper and Big Al

Big Al is borderline broken with a full classified lonestar set

Got all 4 shields done, met a couple of nice fellas in the DZ who invited me to their team and we busted landmarks for an hour or so which was fun.

The HVTs one has a good audio log in which
    a couple of agents or JTF folk talk about that time they finally got Alex and it turns out they are talking about at least 2 separate people.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, gonna have to start playing again. I was still working my way through the story and leveling up last time I played. Is there a PA PC community for coopery shenanigans? Also, do the shields rotate out or will I be able to do them later? Don't want to miss some.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Woo, gonna have to start playing again. I was still working my way through the story and leveling up last time I played. Is there a PA PC community for coopery shenanigans? Also, do the shields rotate out or will I be able to do them later? Don't want to miss some.

They will be added to every month. Once active, they stay active.

It kinda feels a bit like what Guild Wars did for Guild Wars 2 and the Heritage cosmetics.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

They will be added to every month. Once active, they stay active.

It kinda feels a bit like what Guild Wars did for Guild Wars 2 and the Heritage cosmetics.

Awesome! Will start back up after I finish off Ni No Kuni 2.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Oh my I forgot how bad I am at this. I die sooo damn often. Glad the checkpoints are pretty forgiving.

Carpy wrote: »
    Oh my I forgot how bad I am at this. I die sooo damn often. Glad the checkpoints are pretty forgiving.

What platform?

...I mean, not that it matters much, I triple-dipped like a madman on The Division. But on PC I can at least pretend to not suck.

• CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Xbox. I upgraded gear and knocked out a bunch of side missions so I'm doing better. Still scared of the final boss battle in Lexington Event center.

Carpy wrote: »
    Xbox. I upgraded gear and knocked out a bunch of side missions so I'm doing better. Still scared of the final boss battle in Lexington Event center.

Oh, yeah, snipers don't really ever stop hurting.

Also unless I'm crazy they gave some of the snipers semi-auto rifles which has made life interesting.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    If you haven't done so, enabling "Neutral Lighting" in the graphics options makes the game look so much more dramatic, I absolutely love it.

It does however, make areas with no light be almost pitch black, so this will be a disadvantage if you're playing in the DZ. I really don't mind, I have it enabled all the time. Snowstorms at night are very eerie.

edited June 2018
    Whoever designed these new legendary missions deserves a swift kick in the nuts, ran Medical whatever with (287+) randoms, when you wipe at the boss it kicks you back several encounters, effectively adding unnecessary +20 minutes each time, happened twice and the group just fell apart because of that... Also they added 2 hunters on top of the bullshit boss at the end.

That sure was a waste of time.

Sirialis on
    edited June 2018
    Then did Legendary Times Square Relay today with randoms without breaking a sweat.

Same rewards for these 2 Legendary missions, one is vastly easier and one is hot bullshit.

Edit: Times Square Relay Exotic Cache finally gave me my first The House that I had been chasing a bunch some time ago, rolled with Ferocious and changed the last perk to Predatory.

Sirialis on
    Looking at that list again I'm curious about which ones are going to be retroactive because the only ones I haven't finished already are Avenger, Talon and Fang but I didn't get credit for Deadeye or Hazard despite having done those many times over.

Also I just noticed it lists the max gearscore of 290 but my classified lonestar build is 291 and just walking around the base I saw multiple other people with 291 so not sure what's going on there.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm going to guess that doing the shields on Xbox will probably be no benefit if I get the game for PS4.

What is this I don't even.
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I need to start knocking these out.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that doing the shields on Xbox will probably be no benefit if I get the game for PS4.

Knowing Sony probably not.

Mortious wrote: »
    I need to start knocking these out.

Most of the currently active ones are ones I can just happen to pick up during regular play. I do need to go play around in the West Side Pier sometime but the rest of them are just ones I'll end up getting along the way.

Some of the ones like the Legendary difficulty one I'm not going to bother with until they're active because getting credit retroactively apparently isn't a 100% sure thing.

yeah i feel kinda shit for putting emphasis on the whole 'retroactive' thing but that's definitely how the dev sold it. maybe we'll get some clarification on the issue soon.

yeah i feel kinda shit for putting emphasis on the whole 'retroactive' thing but that's definitely how the dev sold it. maybe we'll get some clarification on the issue soon.

Yeah no worries that's how they presented it and at least some of it is retroactive so whaddyagunnado

I was honestly kinda wondering because it's like... you guys were tracking all of this for years? That seems odd!

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I saw it elsewhere re: retroactive, too. And hey, they tracked how many doors were closed during the betas, so ... :P

76561197966849367.png
    Some of them should be pretty easy to do retroactively as well. There's an achievement chain for landmark clearing for example.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    So I just started the Division today on xbox. Currently at level 6. Is there anybody else around that level that would want to save the city together?

XBL - TeenageHead
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Whoo! Retroactive awards! I might have to play this a little bit when I find some free time.... maybe in October.

26904.png