As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I caved and bought 5 packs of the current deal
    I got Lillian Voss and Splintergraft
    Hmm
    But I am back at over 4k in dust I just find it sad I have not bought classic cards just did the brawl for them and yet I keep getting repeats

It is maddening how quickly every classic pack becomes 40 dust despite missing huuuuge portions of the set, including commons.
    To this day, hundreds of packs later, I still have gotten 0 Upgrades or Feral Spirits.

Edit: One of my most recent classic packs actually finally gave me a second of one of the occasionally useful rares. I think it was a Violet Teacher?

forty on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Hmm
    But I am back at over 4k in dust I just find it sad I have not bought classic cards just did the brawl for them and yet I keep getting repeats

It is maddening how quickly every classic pack becomes 40 dust despite missing huuuuge portions of the set, including commons.
    To this day, hundreds of packs later, I still have gotten 0 Upgrades or Feral Spirits.

Edit: One of my most recent classic packs actually finally gave me a second of one of the occasionally useful rares. I think it was a Violet Teacher?

Now you'll only get those in the next few packs.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

The problem with Kingsbane Rogue is that it dies to anything that can provide any sort of pressure before turn five or so. It’s generally an outright terrible deck in Standard. It just gets punched in the face a lot and then dies horribly. It needs to go up against a steady diet of control decks to be successful - useful in high Legend metas, but useless while ranking up.

But: in Wild, everyone is playing control.

4-0-1 so far with Wild Kingsbane (I threw the mirror match and burned my Kingsbane, but I forced a draw anyways).

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    having to run mediocre cards like cutthroat buccaneer as weapon buffs sure do limit the power level of kingsbane in standard a whole bunch

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Opponent's Wildland Adventurer gives him Sylvanas.

Mine gives me Conceal.

:rotate:

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    The problem with Kingsbane Rogue is that it dies to anything that can provide any sort of pressure before turn five or so. It’s generally an outright terrible deck in Standard. It just gets punched in the face a lot and then dies horribly. It needs to go up against a steady diet of control decks to be successful - useful in high Legend metas, but useless while ranking up.

4-0-1 so far with Wild Kingsbane (I threw the mirror match and burned my Kingsbane, but I forced a draw anyways).

I'm pretty sure I'm like 1-200 against Kingsbane Rogue overall.

I have opinions about it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I switched from my version of Even Pally to the one from the VS breakdown for three games today (minus one Wrath, Thalnos, and Black Knight / add Argent Protector, Lich King, Dinosize). I like the adjustment from Pyromancers to Knife Jugglers - feels a little cleaner.
    AAECAZ8FCIoH/geWCarBArnBAsLOArfpAs30Agv7AZkC3APyBfQFlgbPBq8HsQibywLq5gIA

Of the quick 3-0 stint that pushed me to Rank 15, my bestest friend in the world Dinosize won me two of them - one when I needed to immediately whittle down an 18/18 monstrosity from a Priest player and one when an 8-health Rogue chose to leave one Silver Hand on the board against their four minions instead of killing it.

Between six games in casual and thirteen on the ladder running these two decks, Even Paladin is 16-3.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Wow, just got my monthly Blizzard e-mail. My winrate with (pre-nerf) even pally against druid was 94.1%!! I knew it was high, but I didn't realise quite how high.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    m6w0owdf14ke.png

Feels appropriate given recent posts.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    m6w0owdf14ke.png

11Pfsdu.png?1

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    m6w0owdf14ke.png

11Pfsdu.png?1
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Ok I’ll bite

What’s the deal with the oglaf user pic, folks

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/39669665/#Comment_39669665

alt answer: it's a long story

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    envoy1 wrote: »
    Wow, just got my monthly Blizzard e-mail. My winrate with (pre-nerf) even pally against druid was 94.1%!! I knew it was high, but I didn't realise quite how high.

What....what Blizzard e-mail?? They e-mail you your stats?

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    envoy1 wrote: »

What....what Blizzard e-mail?? They e-mail you your stats?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hearthstone/topic/20758425996

here's the blue post about how to sign up for it; you have to agree to letting blizzard market to you basically

• Options
    edited June 2018
    As an aside, I think my 3clipse card would totally be playable. Well...okay, maybe not, but it would still be cool to see get made.

Go for max greed value, by dropping x4 copies then Youthful Brewmastering the first one. Yeah, that's actually a really bad play. :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    As an aside, I think my 3clipse card would totally be playable. Well...okay, maybe not, but it would still be cool to see get made.

Go for max greed value, by dropping x4 copies then Youthful Brewmastering the first one. Yeah, that's actually a really bad play. :)

Shadowstep is mega value there, though :p

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    As far as dumb forum memes go, this is one of the better ones :^:

• Options
    So I think I may be in love with Silver Sword, especially in arena, and especially if I play it on T8 and play 3 Echo Taunt guys on T9. Apparently this makes people concede.

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Hmm

Now you'll only get those in the next few packs.
    It didn't happen a few months ago the last time I bitched about it!

• Options
    edited June 2018

Well, it's (generally) better than the similar Ravasaur Runt and Pterrordax Hatchling. I think it'd be a very solid arena pick, if nothing else.

Edit: Maybe playable in a token or zoo deck.

forty on
  • Options
    /pours one out for ravasaur runt zoo

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

If you’re playing slow control decks, that’s exactly what Kingsbane targets, and it totally eats their faces.

If you’re playing aggro, go face harder! Kingsbane is like “Oh no, not my face, I need that.” And then it cries in a corner.

Matchups are decidedly polarized.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options

If you’re playing slow control decks, that’s exactly what Kingsbane targets, and it totally eats their faces.

If you’re playing aggro, go face harder! Kingsbane is like “Oh no, not my face, I need that.” And then it cries in a corner.

Matchups are decidedly polarized.

Yeah I always hear this advice and you know what? Kingsbane Rogue has cards that royally fuck over Aggro, and I always see them. Did I put out a minion? That's neat, it's dead now, and I've lost the board advantage at the same time. Did I go wide? Cool, we're going to play a combination of cards that ignores the normal costs for mana and dump your whole board back to your hand while we keep building our board out.

In the meantime their Kingsbane is just charging up and I haven't gotten a minion to stick for the past 6 turns and the game is already over for me.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    You spend 8 turns playing a sub par deck and then you play Frost Lich Jaina on nine and you win because its a broke as fuck card.
    Two guesses which Legendary I opened today and then laughed until I stopped.

Also, and Im just thinking out loud here, It would be complete bullshit if I were to inherit a million dollars.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I just got run over by the luckiest jerk in the arena

First, they had an activated Prince Keleseth, that they coined out on the first turn

Then, I finally started to get some board presence. I had a Temporal Anomaly, a River Crocolisk, a Glacial Shard, and an activated Hooked Horror with Demonfire

Guess which one their Mind Control Tech took?

• Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    Thank you RNGesus!

dv0syuv71plf.png

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm getting constant disconnects and "you have won your game, please restart hearthstone". Is this normal? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have great internet. My chugs a bit, but I don't see why a card game should be so difficult to run.

• Options
    You people and your getting good legendaries from packs.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Dusted a bunch of golden cards and crafted Jaina after losing with a Kingsbane Rogue deck I found online. I honestly feel like I haven't won a game at all this month. I mean, I have, but I'm damn rank 19-20 and I never hover here. I feel like I'm just out of it or something. I have tons of good cards and just can't get a streak going. I just looked and I have all death knights except Paladin and Hunter.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Oh nice, someone conveniently made a gif of the relevant part of the pack day video:

https://media.giphy.com/media/257J9BVWex2qiTND7e/giphy.gif

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Question. I came back after not playing for a while for the gold card pack.

Which I missed by a day.

But they gave me all kinds of quests that were easy to get packs, so I guess it's ok. But then!

I saw I had an arena still open from last time I played it. It was one win and one loss. It made me finish it :(

Then I got 30 gold and a pack as rewards!

Then I got no rewards actually added to my account? Did get a ticket to a fresh arena.

Is this normal?

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    FINALLY

t1jhu6kv12ux.png

Love the mechanic. Never going back to it.

Either Dragonfire Ammo pops twice in the two first picks or you're waiting for the inevitable.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

Which I missed by a day.

But they gave me all kinds of quests that were easy to get packs, so I guess it's ok. But then!

I saw I had an arena still open from last time I played it. It was one win and one loss. It made me finish it :(

Then I got no rewards actually added to my account? Did get a ticket to a fresh arena.

Is this normal?

Forced ends of runs autoadd the dust, pack and gold. You probably opened the pack thinking it came from somewhere else.

They really should be more clear about this, esp since they run the reward screen when you go to arena after a forced end.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

Which I missed by a day.

Is this normal?

Forced ends of runs autoadd the dust, pack and gold. You probably opened the pack thinking it came from somewhere else.

They really should be more clear about this, esp since they run the reward screen when you go to arena after a forced end.

Would it have added it to my account before I went to look at arena? If so, I would think I did get it, as I did have a pack when I logged on of the variety I won. When I checked on it, I definitely had 0 packs to open, and definitely had the same gold I did after.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Yes thats what i'm saying.

It expires in the background and when you log in the rewards are already in their respective banks.

Then you go to arena and it will tell you got some rewards but you will not see any change in the banks.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    Yes thats what i'm saying.

It expires in the background and when you log in the rewards are already in their respective banks.

Then you go to arena and it will tell you got some rewards but you will not see any change in the banks.

Ah thank you. That is weird.

Also, this solo even is kind of addicting

• Options
    edited June 2018
    lol nvm

Bedlam on
  • Options
    You want to glimpse at insanity? Have you ever seen Anduin go: DK Anduin, Archbishop, Amara, and DK Rexxar in one game? 34 turns and fatigue galore!

But who wins? Click here to find out!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I'd rather not

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Whoever wins, we lose.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I've hit Rank 1 5 stars 8 times this season, please just let me go free Blizz.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc