As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Community page has a little primer about what's currently going on with the universe and Nagash going into the next edition:

The War For Souls

Well it's nice to see what Shadespire looks like from the outside
    i7v7klfvh36f.png

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I just got home from the 3rd Heat of the AoS Grand Tournament at Warhammer World, which was, as always, a real fun time.
    Managed to get 11th of 88 players with 4 major wins, which is the best I've ever managed at one of these things so I am, of course, delighted.
    I can rustle up a bit of a play by play if anyone cares, but all in all it was five great games and the result is just icing on top.

Halos Nach Tariff on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I was ready to write off 2nd edition. Then I made the mistake of reading all the warhammer community articles and realizing all my gripes were unfounded or just misinformed.

I tried so hard to get out. I thought after 27 years or punishing mind, body, and wallet I was finally free from the shackles of GW.

I am a fool.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Well I am curious what the objective terrain costs as that haunted poop would make an interesting themed game to play
    Still I am going to get the book for all that sweet lore

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I'd wager the objective box will sit at the same price as the similar one released for the new 40k edition, so £20/35$, or around that mark.

• Options
    oo pretty
    wxi0tw6ee4dr.png
    Mortatch of Grief

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Man... these ghosts are testing my resistance something fierce.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Man... these ghosts are testing my resistance something fierce.

Yeah, it's becoming real hard to just buy the rule book instead of the full boxed set.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I want to get that and build that mechanicus lady from that one imperial knight artwork.

edit: this one
    lancerpic.PNG

honovere on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    The nighthaunt aesthetic of cloth draped over skeletal figures is a really strong look.

• Options
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The nighthaunt aesthetic of cloth draped over skeletal figures is a really strong look.

Yeah, they did amazing things with ye olde "bedsheet with eyeholes" ghost.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I like how the web page says 'Mortarch of Grief Unveiled!'

No no, she's still wearing a rather large veil.

• Options
    The core rules are also available on the new AoS site:
    https://ageofsigmar.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/06/AoS_Rules-ENG.pdf

It doesn't look to be too dramatic a departure from what AoS version 1 was, just neater for the most part.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    DfvwDgqU0AAJoyW.jpg
    Painting some scenery!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Do you have a certain realm in mind with your terrain, like Shysh or Ulgu or just because you like purple?

• Options
    ¿Porque no los dos?

• Options
    ¿Porque no los dos?

Warhammer TV other than the podcast they were doing has been silent for almost a month
    About 2 hours ago they did an info dump/reset on their channel
    https://youtu.be/0YrBjGgfgMA

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Love it. The Mortal Realms has loads of wonderful imagery but was initially portrayed as so bizarre and nonsensical that it seemed impossible that any mortal race could actually live there. Every city seemed to be built on the back of a giant crab or something. It was so hard to get invested in all of these armies fighting when the Ever-Chicken could just roll over and wipe them all out in an instant.

Now it seems like they're locking down the setting more with this concept of the central region of the Realms being more livable and sensible while the outskirts are wilder and more like the Realm of Chaos. All this new development and lore makes them seem more fully realized fantasy worlds than a series of heavy metal album covers vaguely linked together.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    honovere wrote: »
    Do you have a certain realm in mind with your terrain, like Shysh or Ulgu or just because you like purple?

Actually I just googled "how to paint sylvaneth woods" or something like that and that colour scheme was the one Duncan used in the warhammer tv clip that came up.
    No thought to a specific realm yet, although my Aelves wear red so I wanted something that would look good as their home.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    ¿Porque no los dos?

Warhammer TV other than the podcast they were doing has been silent for almost a month

They also dropped a bunch of new how-to-play videos starring Becca Scott (lately of Geek & Sundry) which is interesting because a) how to plays are not typically a thing GW does and b) reaching out to a third party to do them is unheard of.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    Hmm, was the Disciples of Tzeentch armybook never released in hardcover?

• Options
    Huh, I'm pretty sure the initial release was a hardback, but I can only see the softcover on the webstore.

• Options
    Huh, I'm pretty sure the initial release was a hardback, but I can only see the softcover on the webstore.

Yeah, I'm wondering if I've been hallucinating, because I've been annoyed that it's the one armybook I have in softcover.

• Options
    It was. I have it.

I also have the dice.

• Options
    I have a cube of these as my Tzeentch dice. 8->

3gsXAhpl.jpg

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I might be grabbing that starter

• Options
    I did!

My local GW has Soul Wars, Malign Sorcery, and all the easy build minis on hand to show off. They are all rad.

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I did!

My local GW has Soul Wars, Malign Sorcery, and all the easy build minis on hand to show off. They are all rad.

jelly you got it two weeks early

• Options
    Oh I didn't get it, they just had their demo copy so the manager can get it painted before release. I was just saying I ordered my copy.

I may assist if I have time.

• Options
    I am going to get the haunted poop and the rest of the terrain. As with the rest I will get the book for it's sweet lore but the debate is either rat crushing tome or an ebook

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I am going to get the haunted poop and the rest of the terrain. As with the rest I will get the book for it's sweet lore but the debate is either rat crushing tome or an ebook

I guess the choice depends on if you expect to face a lot of skaven or not.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Pretty much sums up the ally system in AoS

km03xpb9677a.png

• Options
    Really the Seraphon aka lizardmen was the army I kind of wanted to play but I just did not know what I wanted to do nor how to paint a lizard like skin at the time
    I know I have one of the older slann ,a newer slann ,a temple guard, a carnosaur, a Kroxigor or two and a bunch of warriors and skinks I got out of dump bucket bundle deals from various places

That's what I remember I have just that box/case is buried so I just don't know

But this video has me asking more questions about the AoS universe that I have no idea how to answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IkbVdexsqE

• Options
    Seraphon are summoned memories or something. So yeah good daemons.

Out of all the factions in AoS they're pretty much the only ones you can call 'good guys'. Also they're pretty much dinosaurs riding dinosaurs.

• Options
    I love AoS because I feel like GW has finally outdone 40k for ridiculousness.

Dinosaurs riding dinosaurs, elves riding eels, etc.

• Options
    I need to paint my Seraphon some day, I got a big dino halfway done and then just put it aside.

4q3uD3jl.jpg

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I heard GW is making bullshit money from the Total Warhammers.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    GW is making crazy money period.

They just gave a £3000 bonus to every employee. That's a huge windfall to the retail folks.

• Options
    Seraphon are summoned memories or something. So yeah good daemons.

Out of all the factions in AoS they're pretty much the only ones you can call 'good guys'. Also they're pretty much dinosaurs riding dinosaurs.

I feel like this was something put out at the start and maybe not really followed up on much since.
    This story came out like last week, and is the first Seraphon fluff in a long while. Its really cool and worth a read.
    To me it seems like "celestial memories" is less literal demons and more like the Slaan are genetically recreating more of them in big sci fi cloning vats on their big celestial star ships. It certainly sounds like they are "born" in a more literal sense, maybe infused with celestial magic or something to give them life. They seem to be actual individuals with their own lives, minds, and personalities though, which to me has much more mileage than just "dinosaur ghosts that vanish after each battle or whatever" I imagine the steaming jungle that the skink in the story walks across is a literal globe of The Old World that the slaan scooped up and saved during the end times, and these weird star ships are kinda like lizard versions of Eldar Craftworlds.

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    ¿Porque no los dos?

They also dropped a bunch of new how-to-play videos starring Becca Scott (lately of Geek & Sundry) which is interesting because a) how to plays are not typically a thing GW does and b) reaching out to a third party to do them is unheard of.

Yeah. They have also been sending youtube people like ashe barker of guerilla miniature games etc free stuff in order for them to show off etc .

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

This discussion has been closed.