As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CanadaPAX (June 15, 2018) - Discord and a Vague Schedule on Page 7

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I have no goddamn money this weekend so have fun you nerds I wish I could be there.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Chris

You were right about the dangers of bottle service

You were so right

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Chug Water Cello! Chug water like your life (or at least your morning) depended on it!

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Chug Water Cello! Chug water like your life (or at least your morning) depended on it!

It's okay! We got pizza and apparently they did the trick!

Steam
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    It's been a blast, everyone! Do come back, there's so much more to seeeee!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Emily for posting cool stuff to her snap and Jimmy, Jenn, and Ty on their SM for at least letting me live vicariously through y'all.

• Options
    Waiting for the bus home. Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this an incredibly fun weekend! Safe travels!

Steam
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Cello for organizing this weekend! A whole lot of incredible fun and even more alcohol.
    Board game bar, boat salon (or under-bridge hiking for others), karaoke, maze pathfinding, axe throwing, getting drunk in a park, mech piloting, and general chilling out.

A+ weekend, it was delightful meeting you nerds.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Bridge Troll crew represent!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If you didn't spend the majority of Friday day under bridges I don't even know why you came to Montreal.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If you didn't spend the majority of Friday day under bridges I don't even know why you came to Montreal.

to spend it IN A SPA

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Now that I’m home and have slept in my own bed at a temperature of my choosing after that ordeal flying home I guess it’s my turn to say I had a blast invading CanadaPAX. I’ll definitely miss Hangar51. And maybe i’ll finally check out our own axe throwing place. Notre Dame Basilica was one of the highlights even if I just did a whirlwind tour of it. I’d never really seen Baroque architecture before outside of a college art history class.

I think what I saw of Ottawa had way more interesting buildings, so Montreal you need to step your game up for next time.

Now I get to play the fun game of did I catch Cello’s cold or is it allergies?

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I've never done either thing, but I'd probably also pick the spa.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Now that I’m home and have slept in my own bed at a temperature of my choosing after that ordeal flying home I guess it’s my turn to say I had a blast invading CanadaPAX. I’ll definitely miss Hangar51. And maybe i’ll finally check out our own axe throwing place. Notre Dame Basilica was one of the highlights even if I just did a whirlwind tour of it. I’d never really seen Baroque architecture before outside of a college art history class.

I think what I saw of Ottawa had way more interesting buildings, so Montreal you need to step your game up for next time.

Now I get to play the fun game of did I catch Cello’s cold or is it allergies?

Allergies over here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh, I forgot to mention but the hedgehogs made it back into the states with me ok, I’ll have to find an occasion to eat them other than “hey it’s Tuesday”.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    On Wednesday?

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    all i know of canada pax is @zonugal is a coward

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

AND he's cheap!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    oh i already knew that

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

AND he's cheap!

in every sense of the word

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    You should all count yourselves lucky that this isn't the way Axe Throwing ended on Saturday night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h14Fjlzshk

• Options
    You don't jump onto your front foot while throwing, you stand firm on it and pivot around your hips!

sig.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Hey, at least you didn’t almost break the store window from behind floor to ceiling chain link fence.

That’s something.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    You don't jump onto your front foot while throwing, you stand firm on it and pivot around your hips!

Is that what we were doing?
    I was so focused on trying to keep my arm straight..

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure the goal was to simply hurl everything as hard as possible so it would end up buried in the wood regardless of which end hit first.

sig.gif
  • Options
    That was my tactic. When in doubt, be more reckless.

• Options
    That’s how I almost lost a foot, I don’t know if anyone saw that time one of the big axes bounced back directly at me and my dumb ass just stood there watching it.

• Options
    JenneroseJennerose Registered User regular
    I thought I had managed to duck Typhoid Emily's cold but based on this cough, runny nose, and raspy voice, I did not. @cello CURSE YOU

• Options
    emily were you trying to trick me into going to canada just to spread your disease to me????

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Look

There was only one was I was gonna get better, and that's by passing this curse on

Steam
  • Options
    Hey speaking of potentially scary disease

apparently the south shore of Montreal has a pretty bad outbreak of Lyme disease going on.

I don't know how wild the hiking crew got into the wilderness nor if the ticks reached those islands but just in case, if you found ticks or weird ankle bug bites, might be worth knowing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    wait, y'all got ticks up there?

IMMIGRATION CANCELED

• Options

apparently the south shore of Montreal has a pretty bad outbreak of Lyme disease going on.

I don't know how wild the hiking crew got into the wilderness nor if the ticks reached those islands but just in case, if you found ticks or weird ankle bug bites, might be worth knowing.

OH GREAT, JUST FUCKIN' WONDERFUL!

• Options
    Here's the map

https://dspmontererie.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StoryMapBasic/index.html?appid=9818e7f0b09e4a4bb9f8b4610741dca4

Now parc Jean-Drapeau is in white on this map so it would seem to indicate it's fine

but there's a bunch of blue pretty close

it's probably fine?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JenneroseJennerose Registered User regular
    If I gotta live somewhere that's full of disease tbh I'd rather be living somewhere with universal healthcare

America has ticks AND the potential for medical bankrupcy

• Options
    according to this article I read those are even American ticks that migrated north due to climate change

so really I blame all of you for this

sig.gif
  • Options
    I’m willing to blame American disease for this decision.
    tykpif1j9dpd.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Why isn't René Belloq, Awesome Hero and Lover on this cover?

sig.gif
  • Options

Oh wait, weren’t you in bare feet for some of that picnic?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

Oh wait, weren’t you in bare feet for some of that picnic?

Oh, only the ENTIRE TIME.