As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Roleplaying Games] Thank God I Finally Have A Table For Cannabis Potency.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Stragint wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    Found out that the game store I go to will 3D print out models using the purchased custom character files that are bought at hero forge. Kind of makes me want to get my paladin printed but I'm only using him for a one shot campaign.
    How much are they charging? What material?
    They charge $15 and use resin.
    Resin is pretty legit, especially if you're planning on painting it. That's probably 10x more than the cost in materials, but those printers run like $3.5k so it's not like super outrageous. Even if you never use that mini again, $15 for a four hour (assumption on my part) one shot seems good to me.

I mainly print with PLA+ so I can't show you a side by side comparison, but I've got a ton of 28mm prints if you're interested how they come out.

jdarksun on
  • DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Worth noting though that Hero Forge charges $10 to download your stl file.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Given what is involved that really does not feel unreasonable for them.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    $10 is kind of a lot for one STL... Hero Forge is interesting enough that there are a couple dozen models I'd like to print, but the price point was just beyond "impulse purchase."

...I might give one a shot and see how it does.

$10 is kind of a lot for one STL... Hero Forge is interesting enough that there are a couple dozen models I'd like to print, but the price point was just beyond "impulse purchase."

I'm just coming at it from the opposite end of things, having an idea of what is involved in making a watertight STL. It is usually not bad for me because most of the parts I work with are prismatic or not terribly detailed. Stuff like people? Those are a bear to model correctly. That $10 bucks isn't going to go far in getting somebody to actually make one for you.

Though I guess Heroforge could have many more customers than I expect and the work they did in automating that system could have paid off multiple times over.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular

My players have started printing their character models on hero forge.

All my players have multiple characters, and some have gotten prints for more than one character.

I dont think they realize how big of a compliment it is that they want to spend that much money on the dumb stuff I come up with while I'm baked. Like system books are universally useful for any table or game, you're buying that so you can play everywhere. Hero forge is like specifically something just for our game. It's pretty neat to have created a thing they wish to invest so heavily into.

Makes it harder to kill those characters though...

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

All my players have multiple characters, and some have gotten prints for more than one character.

I dont think they realize how big of a compliment it is that they want to spend that much money on the dumb stuff I come up with while I'm baked. Like system books are universally useful for any table or game, you're buying that so you can play everywhere. Hero forge is like specifically something just for our game. It's pretty neat to have created a thing they wish to invest so heavily into.

You're looking at this the wrong way - you can set up a whole display cabinet of dead PCs in true Killer GM style and show them off.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

You're looking at this the wrong way - you can set up a whole display cabinet of dead PCs in true Killer GM style and show them off.

"New rule, if your character dies during a campaign, I get its mini."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain

I'm just coming at it from the opposite end of things, having an idea of what is involved in making a watertight STL. It is usually not bad for me because most of the parts I work with are prismatic or not terribly detailed. Stuff like people? Those are a bear to model correctly. That $10 bucks isn't going to go far in getting somebody to actually make one for you.

Though I guess Heroforge could have many more customers than I expect and the work they did in automating that system could have paid off multiple times over.
    It's a bit more expensive than other sites. Compare with something like Rocket Pig Games, which while admittedly is not customizable, is about half the price. They have a couple free models available which are detailed and made awesome, awesome prints so I've got qualms about buying anything from them.

But like I have no idea how well this blackguard with a greatsword is gonna print. Or this tech warrior on a cybercycle. Or this cowboy...

(still think i'm gonna try the blackguard though)

• SleepSleep Registered User regular

It's a bit more expensive than other sites. Compare with something like Rocket Pig Games, which while admittedly is not customizable, is about half the price. They have a couple free models available which are detailed and made awesome, awesome prints so I've got qualms about buying anything from them.

But like I have no idea how well this blackguard with a greatsword is gonna print. Or this tech warrior on a cybercycle. Or this cowboy...

(still think i'm gonna try the blackguard though)

Quality wise the minis from hero forge are on point.

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    DW minisode halfway done and going well. These dudes would have most certainly died with the 20 orks I sent after their four marines in the first fight if they had their usual characters. Power established. Which is great since they didn’t get a scratch from the Nurgle marine they faced.

One of my players, who has a history of this, accidentally bounced a grenade off a wall which landed next to one of the party.

In 2E, DW marines don’t come with medicae or medical kits. I did not make an apothecary for them and one of them was bleeding from righteous fury, so I slid their sheets on Roll20 medicae, a medic kit, and some sutures to stop the bleeding. Man I love Righteous Fury in 2E. Doesn’t quite have the daemon slaying butterknife potential of 1E, but it can straight up change a battle like with the Nurgle Marine (Blew his arm and bolter away, and I forgot to pick it up).

• DenadaDenada Registered User regular

Yeah I didn't mean it as an indictment of Hero Forge (although I do feel like it's priced to encourage people away from downloading). Just mentioning it since that's $25 total for a single mini which feels extremely pricey, even for resin.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Denada wrote: »

Yeah I didn't mean it as an indictment of Hero Forge (although I do feel like it's priced to encourage people away from downloading). Just mentioning it since that's $25 total for a single mini which feels extremely pricey, even for resin.

Economy of scale. Print on demand is going to end up being more costly.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    So after our short Masks jaunt, we're probably going to do Blades in the Dark which I will run. It's a pretty neat system that I'm liking a lot and I'm currently reading through the skills description where it gives some examples. One is puzzling me a little from a GM perspective. Basically on a Prowl (stealthy attacks and movement) check, the example is the player sneaks up behind the guy and beats them over the head with a blackjack. Their example for a reduced effect on a partial/mixed success (4-5) is "His knees buckle for a moment, but he doesn’t go down. He curses and staggers sideways and reaches out to support himself against the wall. What do you do?"

Is it just me or is this kind of pointless? My first thought as a player in that situation would be "Uh I just beat the shit out of him again and finish the job?" The player is coming at it from a controlled position so they should just totally succeed in knocking him out. I could see something like "He goes down but not before crying out in surprise alerting his friend."

I'm just wondering if I'm missing some reason to do this that's more interesting.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I think the choice here is whether or not to escalate. The failed blackjack attempt means that the guy is now aware and defending himself and likely you won’t be able to score another knockout hit. So if you still want to attempt a (potentially) non-lethal takedown you’ll need to grapple or whatever (not familiar with the BITD rules), which gives the guy the opportunity to cry for help, or escalate to a (potentially) quicker lethal option like stabbing him in the throat. Of coarse the victim will still have the opportunity to defend himself in that case, but I think from a gameplay perspective those are some good choices to offer.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    So after our short Masks jaunt, we're probably going to do Blades in the Dark which I will run. It's a pretty neat system that I'm liking a lot and I'm currently reading through the skills description where it gives some examples. One is puzzling me a little from a GM perspective. Basically on a Prowl (stealthy attacks and movement) check, the example is the player sneaks up behind the guy and beats them over the head with a blackjack. Their example for a reduced effect on a partial/mixed success (4-5) is "His knees buckle for a moment, but he doesn’t go down. He curses and staggers sideways and reaches out to support himself against the wall. What do you do?"

Is it just me or is this kind of pointless? My first thought as a player in that situation would be "Uh I just beat the shit out of him again and finish the job?" The player is coming at it from a controlled position so they should just totally succeed in knocking him out. I could see something like "He goes down but not before crying out in surprise alerting his friend."

I'm just wondering if I'm missing some reason to do this that's more interesting.

I'd say that's a bad way to handle that roll, but not necessarily an inappropriate one. Notably, this may be bad for the character in question because they may have a lot more Prowl than any of the other combat abilities, and switching the roll to those is a loss of both momentum and potential success.

More likely I'd go with something like that same narration, followed by "You hit him again, and another time..." and cost the player time, instead. A lot of what partial success means is situational to the context it's occurring in.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I'd say that's a bad way to handle that roll, but not necessarily an inappropriate one. Notably, this may be bad for the character in question because they may have a lot more Prowl than any of the other combat abilities, and switching the roll to those is a loss of both momentum and potential success.

More likely I'd go with something like that same narration, followed by "You hit him again, and another time..." and cost the player time, instead. A lot of what partial success means is situational to the context it's occurring in.

This seems reasonable but I'd also point out that aside from prowl no longer being that appropriate the next roll is also not gonna be controlled even if it is prowl. The guy being aware of you and a real fight breaking out means there is a big downside and you've blown that advantage that let you start from a controlled position. As I understand it, failing a controlled roll the "downside" is often that things are no longer controlled as you scramble to deal with things not going right.

edited June 2018

This seems reasonable but I'd also point out that aside from prowl no longer being that appropriate the next roll is also not gonna be controlled even if it is prowl. The guy being aware of you and a real fight breaking out means there is a big downside and you've blown that advantage that let you start from a controlled position. As I understand it, failing a controlled roll the "downside" is often that things are no longer controlled as you scramble to deal with things not going right.

Yeah, there are a lot of ways you could go with the situation, which is why I think it's a poor example of how to resolve it.

Your idea is closer to the designer's intent / standard operating procedure for the game, for sure.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular

My interpretation of the line is that the opponent is pretty dazed and out of it, I don't feel like they could put up a realistic fight against anyone trying to do them harm, especially if they acted quickly and didn't give them time to recover. Like if the PC stood there for a second and let the guy get his bearings, sure maybe. Or maybe if the description was more of a "You hit him and he staggers for a second before going "what the hell? He reaches for his night stick, what do you do?"

Auralynx's is something similar to what I would have done I think in a partial success in that situation.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Woo my Genesys game is back on tonight after a month hiatus. Time to remember where exactly we left off.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Woo my Genesys game is back on tonight after a month hiatus. Time to remember where exactly we left off.

They had just found all that awesome treasure

edited June 2018
    Rend wrote: »

They had just found all that awesome treasure

Including That Thing The GM Was Withholding For No Good Reason.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Both parties united in-game. Both parties campaigns done. Gave them a free basic flier so they wouldn’t have to slub it on foot outside of the hive and be able to go from port to port. All of them mostly caught up to speed. Now the real shit begins.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular

My interpretation of the line is that the opponent is pretty dazed and out of it, I don't feel like they could put up a realistic fight against anyone trying to do them harm, especially if they acted quickly and didn't give them time to recover. Like if the PC stood there for a second and let the guy get his bearings, sure maybe. Or maybe if the description was more of a "You hit him and he staggers for a second before going "what the hell? He reaches for his night stick, what do you do?"

Auralynx's is something similar to what I would have done I think in a partial success in that situation.

I would tend to agree with this. As someone who's GMed a LOT of Blades the "reduced effect" result is the one I go to the least, but every once in a while it works really well. In particular I'm not likely to use it on a boring mook, but if they're sneaking up on someone scary and hoping to end it in a single blow... that reduced effect will look real good.

The way I keep track of this is by writing a quick blurb on my notes at the end of each session. I also have one of the players take notes, but she tends to write from her character's perspective making her an unreliable narrator, and I usually have to correct one or two things on her notes whenever she reads them back. Still it helps jog my memory.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    My NERDS have begun writing the mission debriefs I asked them to make. I’m going to put their text on scrolls or a dataslate image and put them in “Inquisitorial Records” (my blog) for them to read and see what they might be facing in the future.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    When I'm running FATE I like giving out extra fate chips for whoever does the best recap

Exaggerations and outright fabrications earn extra fate chips if they position the plot better for the current session

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

As the GM, you never pick the move. You only set the position. So, on a 4-5, the next roll's position is definitely moving from Controlled -> Risky as a default. If the player picks prowl again to try to be sneaky around someone who is now aware of their presence, that sounds like a "Desperate, Little Effect" action.

Additionally, a lot of the time in blades, you don't even want to deal with these kinds of rolls unless there is a defined, definite set of consequences for failure. On top of which, remember that the engagement roll skips ahead through the "get through the mooks on guard" step of adventures. Remember that the default action in Blades is "Risky, Standard", and that the players start out as Tier 0 nobodies. If they're attacking a Tier 1 or Tier 2 crew, they should basically never get to the controlled position unless a lot of things go well for them.

The biggest thing I had to get through to DM BITD was to be *way* more obvious about what the potential risks of failure are. Once I started doing a better job of that (which was mostly thinking through the potential consequences before allowing the roll to happen), often times I could just ask a player "Well, you succeed at X, but what do you think went wrong here?" and they would often feel empowered enough to narrate some pretty interesting consequences.

The last thing about BITD that I had to wrap my head around - do not be afraid to be absolutely BRUTAL at handing out harm. Unlike other games, if the players don't want to deal with harm, they can always opt to resist it. And a key point of tension in the game is the balance between stress, trauma, and their vice. Make them regret pushing themselves early in the adventure. Make them agonize over whether they should help teammates. Make them wonder if they should resist.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
    edited June 2018
    I need to learn to slow down during narrative time. I think I inadvertently trained my vet players -at least the two who started proper with me- to accept a soft railroad because of the way I try to keep them moving. So they don’t ask questions and wait for me to move on. I have character bits planned for the cast of people I built and my brain gets so frazzled that I don’t remember them or perform them poorly.

Kadoken on
    Generally I have to push my players along (and I'm hoping to change that) because if I don't they'll spend the entire 4 hours of game time just chewing through scenery, arguing about hypotheticals, or trying to convince me why I should reward them for not doing anything. I used to try to force them along through added combat encounters but that was counter productive. So when we start this new EOTE game this weekend I've told them if they don't finish the mission I've assigned them in the alloted time, they don't get paid.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Finally got a chance to run my season finale last night, and things worked out well for this being the time to have one of my players' backstory show up. In the past, he was serving on a slavers' ship in a Dread Pirate Roberts type situation. At some point he left the ship for an ordinary reason, then returned with strange, dark powers and massacred his masters, with no memory of what happened inland.

During the first part of the finale, they had met a sort of tree spirit who had been awoken from the distant past who had some knowledge of what he had been cursed with - but speaking of it brought the memories to the surface, and near the end of the boss battle he went berserk (though quickly brought back down by the party). Now he has to live without being able to be healed by others and this happening again if he gets knocked out too often.

I left the depiction of this berserk form up to him except it had to include spikes in some way, and he went with something I didn't expect, an black ooze that hardens into spikes when attacking, which is pretty terrifying.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I'm playing in my regular groups EotE game this weekend.

In preparation for my dorky-weekend, I'm bailing on the family a few hours early to (finally!) catch a viewing of Solo to get me in the mood enroute to my buddy's house!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    I'm playing in my regular groups EotE game this weekend.

In preparation for my dorky-weekend, I'm bailing on the family a few hours early to (finally!) catch a viewing of Solo to get me in the mood enroute to my buddy's house!

I just saw Solo last night. It was pretty good! A very fun movie, though it didn't blow me away like TFA or TLJ did; I'd put it a little below RO, too (much better than the start of RO, not quite as good as the end of RO).

Lots of "Okay, that was cool" moments. :D

edited June 2018
    One of my DWEEBS is done writing his report. He thought it was funny to write part of it in Eldar. So I’m going to google translate that shit into Irish Gaelic/Elvish.

Let’s hope a puritan inquisitor doesn’t find it and use it as an excuse to murder him.

Also until I think of a better name the combined group is the Suede Denim Secret Police.

Here is Agent Formidda's account of the plague incident
    https://darkheresychainsofmalice.blogspot.com/2018/06/inquisitorial-records-agent-tanta.html

Fuck there’s a typo. Uhh, Linnaeus the scribe screwed up transcribing it to data slate as loaned administratum personnel are wont to do.

How I think the other guy will read this
    k3kx2lmcjdah.jpeg

Kadoken on
    OK, so my EotE game went....OK

Our GM really did make more of an effort to learn what the dice actually do other than success & failure. He listened to our (mostly my) complaints from last session about actually using the rules and dice results to craft a story together. But he also he also spent a lot of time writing setup and background and fleshing out NPC's and a "home base". Also, he kept pushing his annoying NPC's on us that we did not want.

I don't want to get into too many details of the game itself, because this post would take far too long, but suffice to say that his efforts to accommodate us as players petered out once we rebelled against his introduction. Its EotE, yeah? So all of us are fringe/criminal characters. The long and convoluted and very, very railroady way he chose to introduce a new party member (a regular player who missed out on our first session) immediately put us into conflict. When we finally had our first scene together, he was trying to break into my characters ship to escape his situation. Being the scoundrel that I am playing, I shot him. Long story short, "discussions" were had on ignoring character motivations in favour of railroading us. Things got heated for a bit one of the other players and the player who missed the first sessions piled into him. So yay, it wasn't just me!

After a smoke break and time to cool down, things progressed a little better. It was a heist adventure. Sounds fun, right? And it really could have been. Except our GM over-wrote the adventure and planned everything for us. He even foisted two very annoying NPC's on us. Both droids with droid revolution complex's who wouldn't shut up about it. Both NPC's that were written in to take over our own roles in the party. ("Why to we need AA-B along with us?" "To slice the systems for you." "Yeah, but my character is a slicer, so why do we need him? OK, fine. Why do need BB-A then?" "He's going to be your face." "Dude, HIS character is the face of the party!") And yeah, we kinda took it to him again on that. But the motivation for his doing it came from the fact that he tried so hard to fix his mistakes from the first sessions, that he made a whole bunch of other mistakes for the second! He came up with both the problem and the solution, and the people needed to implement the solution and zero variability on how the solution was to be carried out. Our characters just kinda went along for the ride.

It was fun because we were together, shooting the shit and being friends. It was fun because GM's story time (despite being railroady and being done for us already) is usually never a bad thing. But It was in-fun because he was over-planned, and that planning was based on the NPC's he made for us (because he didn't take into account what our characters are actually good it?) and structured the adventure to trigger challenges based on us failing something. As in, we can't slice that terminal and the security drones activate. We can't charm our way past the secretary, our fake credentials get spoiled. That sort of thing. But with droids doubling our roles in the party we had boosts to everything and did not fail once. We waltzed into space Gringotts and waltzed right back out again with zero issues. Zero. He was really dissapointed in that fact. During another break between the (anti-)climax and the coda he was lamenting how that wasn't very Star Wars-y at all. And I mentioned that if you base all our challenges on us failing something...and then give us enough advantages to make sure we don't fail.... what did you think was going to happen?

He did learn some of the rules though. That was nice.

It sounds like your GM simultaniously over-planned and under-prepared. He meticulously constructed a railroaded adventure module but he didn't even bother paying attention to the makeup of the party before doing so.

These are problems that are problems regardless of the system, but one of the things that Genesys is supposed to be good at is allowing the dice to generate the complications when things go wrong. You don't have to have everything meticulously planned ahead.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    It sounds like your GM simultaniously over-planned and under-prepared. He meticulously constructed a railroaded adventure module but he didn't even bother paying attention to the makeup of the party before doing so.

These are problems that are problems regardless of the system, but one of the things that Genesys is supposed to be good at is allowing the dice to generate the complications when things go wrong. You don't have to have everything meticulously planned ahead.

Oh, for sure these sorts of problems can happen regardless of setting. Our GM got in into his own head and wanted to tell a story, regardless of anything our characters wanted to do.

DarkPrimus wrote: »

Oh, for sure these sorts of problems can happen regardless of setting. Our GM got in into his own head and wanted to tell a story, regardless of anything our characters wanted to do.

Oh man no. Just no. RPGs are collaborative story-telling. Your GM is making me facepalm so hard here.

We faceplamed hard too. Where he could see us. I don't think he cared.

OK, so my EotE game went....OK

Our GM really did make more of an effort to learn what the dice actually do other than success & failure. He listened to our (mostly my) complaints from last session about actually using the rules and dice results to craft a story together. But he also he also spent a lot of time writing setup and background and fleshing out NPC's and a "home base". Also, he kept pushing his annoying NPC's on us that we did not want.

I don't want to get into too many details of the game itself, because this post would take far too long, but suffice to say that his efforts to accommodate us as players petered out once we rebelled against his introduction. Its EotE, yeah? So all of us are fringe/criminal characters. The long and convoluted and very, very railroady way he chose to introduce a new party member (a regular player who missed out on our first session) immediately put us into conflict. When we finally had our first scene together, he was trying to break into my characters ship to escape his situation. Being the scoundrel that I am playing, I shot him. Long story short, "discussions" were had on ignoring character motivations in favour of railroading us. Things got heated for a bit one of the other players and the player who missed the first sessions piled into him. So yay, it wasn't just me!

After a smoke break and time to cool down, things progressed a little better. It was a heist adventure. Sounds fun, right? And it really could have been. Except our GM over-wrote the adventure and planned everything for us. He even foisted two very annoying NPC's on us. Both droids with droid revolution complex's who wouldn't shut up about it. Both NPC's that were written in to take over our own roles in the party. ("Why to we need AA-B along with us?" "To slice the systems for you." "Yeah, but my character is a slicer, so why do we need him? OK, fine. Why do need BB-A then?" "He's going to be your face." "Dude, HIS character is the face of the party!") And yeah, we kinda took it to him again on that. But the motivation for his doing it came from the fact that he tried so hard to fix his mistakes from the first sessions, that he made a whole bunch of other mistakes for the second! He came up with both the problem and the solution, and the people needed to implement the solution and zero variability on how the solution was to be carried out. Our characters just kinda went along for the ride.

It was fun because we were together, shooting the shit and being friends. It was fun because GM's story time (despite being railroady and being done for us already) is usually never a bad thing. But It was in-fun because he was over-planned, and that planning was based on the NPC's he made for us (because he didn't take into account what our characters are actually good it?) and structured the adventure to trigger challenges based on us failing something. As in, we can't slice that terminal and the security drones activate. We can't charm our way past the secretary, our fake credentials get spoiled. That sort of thing. But with droids doubling our roles in the party we had boosts to everything and did not fail once. We waltzed into space Gringotts and waltzed right back out again with zero issues. Zero. He was really dissapointed in that fact. During another break between the (anti-)climax and the coda he was lamenting how that wasn't very Star Wars-y at all. And I mentioned that if you base all our challenges on us failing something...and then give us enough advantages to make sure we don't fail.... what did you think was going to happen?

He did learn some of the rules though. That was nice.

I dunno man, but reading through your post makes my "Social Contract" alarm bells in my head blare. I'm sure I'm projecting as I GM in 9 outta 10 of the games I play, but I'm having a hard time sympathizing. Player character introductions are almost always contrived because otherwise players react exactly how you did: by killing each other. I see your complaints with the redundant NPCs, but if your GMs primary worry is making sure you guys don't "rebel against his introduction" I can total understand why he thought they were necessary. That being said I can see that your GM is green, but hopefully he or she continues to learn from these mistakes and continues to put that level of effort into getting better. And while you're waiting for that to happen you might want to look inward to see what kind of gameplay you're really looking for, and maybe try your hand and GMing for your GM. At best you can show them the kinds of games you like and some new techniques. At worst you can get a good appriciation of what sort of challanges he or she has when GMing for your group. Either way it'll give them a nice break, and someone learns a valuable lesson.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。