As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sense8: Season 2 is out

1141516171820»

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    Finale spoilers
    I kinda wonder if, with the fact the fans were what got them the finale, they felt the need to make it a super happy ending? It was a lot more 'and they all lived happily ever after' than I remembered.

I was expecting at least one in-cluster death, and at least a couple of the support crew to bite it.
    this was not the ending the wachowskis wanted to make at first, but it was clearly what they wanted to do with the time they were given.

I laughed out loud at the wet pride dildo.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    A couple things on Kala, and the ending, from that Q&A I attended:
    Lana Wachowski was clear that in nearly all media when faced with a situation like Kala's, the onus is always on the woman to choose. She didn't believe the woman should have to choose. I imagine things would have had a more gradual build given a full season, but she had definitely intended for things to work out the way they did eventually.

Lana was also very clear that Sense8 is a show about love. When we had a chance to meet her before the finale was shown, I told her that I had been a fan for many years but that I really appreciated the messaging of Cloud Atlas and Sense8. I didn't even get to totally finish what I was saying before she got really excited and started talking about the capacity of humans for love and connection and how important that is despite all of the shit we hear about so much in the world today. And she talked about it for several minutes, even with a number of people clearly waiting for a chance to say hello and get a picture taken, and very little time left before everyone needed to walk over to the auditorium for the screening. In her responses to people during the Q&A, she kept coming back to the same ideas. When she talked about pitching Sense8 to Netflix originally the first thing she said that it was about was love. From my impression of her over the whole evening, I'd say that while yes, the finale was obviously wrapped up a bit too neatly and perfectly - right down to every important secondary character getting an appearance and a big moment - it wasn't because Lana felt it was owed to the fans, but rather because she had always intended Sense8 to be a show about love and connection and wanted it to end as positively as possible.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Nomi's Mom
    I think that her eating the pot brownie didn't change her worldview substantially or anything, but it allowed her to finally "let go" long enough to see her daughter for who she actually is, instead of what the Mom wanted/saw.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Saw the finale. It was predictable, there were no real consequences, it was cheesy...

... WE LOVED IT! (My wife was staight up ugly-cried when "for our fans" came up on the screen)

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I said this somewhere else, but it was kind of hilarious that even though everyone was in the same physical location, they all still hung out in everyone else's head.

SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA~! more than once.

Unrelated.
    Also Kala not really making a decision about the men her life, but then getting the most open-minded husband in the world and also a bisexual boyfriend was... well I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week, I guess.

I read that a bit differently. I think the whole idea of the Sense8's being an evolved form of homo sapien allows them to transcend the boundaries of sexuality. So Wolfgang, Will, Cassius, Kala or really any of the sense8s that seem traditionally "straight" have in fact evolved beyond that concept. It's not about sex, it's about love and emotion and being a part of something "more".
    It's why Raja has his little moment of disbelief in the orgy scene. He's experiencing something beyond what his species has been capable of experiencing until then. In fact, I bet if we had more time they would've gotten into some plot where the Sense8s can "network" people into their thoughts.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    The show might not be perfect, but it's utterly adorable.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Sorce wrote: »
    I said this somewhere else, but it was kind of hilarious that even though everyone was in the same physical location, they all still hung out in everyone else's head.

SUPRISE MOTHAFUCKA~! more than once.

Unrelated.
    Also Kala not really making a decision about the men her life, but then getting the most open-minded husband in the world and also a bisexual boyfriend was... well I'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week, I guess.

I read that a bit differently. I think the whole idea of the Sense8's being an evolved form of homo sapien allows them to transcend the boundaries of sexuality. So Wolfgang, Will, Cassius, Kala or really any of the sense8s that seem traditionally "straight" have in fact evolved beyond that concept. It's not about sex, it's about love and emotion and being a part of something "more".
    It's why Raja has his little moment of disbelief in the orgy scene. He's experiencing something beyond what his species has been capable of experiencing until then. In fact, I bet if we had more time they would've gotten into some plot where the Sense8s can "network" people into their thoughts.
    That would certainly explain why Lito and his boyfriend's fun turned into a threesome and they've been shown to be explicitly gay up to this point.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Morblitz wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »

I thought Naomi was beutiful and played by a born female.

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean by this and if you're talking about Nomi? I sincerely apologise if I have misunderstood what you have said, but the actress for Nomi (Jamie Clayton) is a transgender woman. It's terrific for representation which is why I wanted to clarify.

Edit: I just finished it. Not perfect by any stretch and I agree with the above comments. But I really really liked it and I feel like it's important TV - if such a thing exists. I'm thrilled that we got to have a conclusion to the story.

It caught me completely by surprise! I had no idea it was airing until tonight.

I meant that I had no clue she was transgender until later on, and thought it was a born female just playing the part of a transgender female. I thought it was awesome it was played by an actual transgender female and I thought she was beautiful.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Haphazard wrote: »
    The show might not be perfect, but it's utterly adorable.

My biggest frustration with the show is that it's hard to share most of the really cool scenes with people who don't know anything about it, because it gets so damn confusing if you don't understand how the sci-fi elements work.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The basic premise is simple to explain. It be confusing as hell if you didn't know it, but if you do it should make perfect sense.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    Morblitz wrote: »

I thought Naomi was beutiful and played by a born female.

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean by this and if you're talking about Nomi? I sincerely apologise if I have misunderstood what you have said, but the actress for Nomi (Jamie Clayton) is a transgender woman. It's terrific for representation which is why I wanted to clarify.

Edit: I just finished it. Not perfect by any stretch and I agree with the above comments. But I really really liked it and I feel like it's important TV - if such a thing exists. I'm thrilled that we got to have a conclusion to the story.

It caught me completely by surprise! I had no idea it was airing until tonight.

I meant that I had no clue she was transgender until later on, and thought it was a born female just playing the part of a transgender female. I thought it was awesome it was played by an actual transgender female and I thought she was beautiful.

Ah right, gotcha! Thanks for clarifying. One thing I really liked about Sense8 was it's diversity both in cast and characters and from the moment they got comfortable with the idea of a cluster, they all just clicked together.

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Honestly, the only real downside to Sens8 in my opinion is how long it takes for the plot to really get going.

When a show has a really big main cast like this, setting up all of the backstories and motivations for everyone takes up a lot of time.

If I remember, it wasn't until around episode 7 that we really started to see the gang work together in a big way.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Yeah, S1 was basically the origin story. Then we got S2 as 'the meat', and the movie was the climax/wrap-up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Finally saw this last night! Oh my gosh.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I thought it was just fine for a finale. Reminded me a lot of the S1 finale and I enjoyed that a lot.

I don't know why but I really fucking love Detective Mun.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I thought it was just fine for a finale. Reminded me a lot of the S1 finale and I enjoyed that a lot.

I don't know why but I really fucking love Detective Mun.

He has really good taste in women.