As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Goodbye fest banners. Also Magicite Keystones in two weeks.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I believe the guaranteed OSB and guaranteed USB draws are the ones with the "everything else can be the 5+," but the en-element one should be restricted to that list.

Of course, that just makes going 1/11 on it all the worse.
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Holy crap terra aosb!
    That thing is a monster non synergy 202 magic fire plus!

Still that’s the only thing I have for terra so I’m not sure that makes her usable.

If you can nab any source of en-fire on her she's good to go - Wrath, en-fire SB, Meltdown/Chain Firaga, AOSB finisher. Throw her ridiculously good trance mode in there and she'll melt faces.

Not for lack of trying, I love FF VI, but haven't been able to pull a terra relic at all and I have been playing for awhile. So you agree that she can't really hold up with just the AOSB?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Kefka BSB...2? I think?

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Kefka BSB...2? I think?

If it's Harness the Fiend, that's BSB2.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So uh...no rush on the jump start, looks like.

It'll be around until AUGUST.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    got that delicious terra usb

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So, only thing of note I've pulled from RoP was Tidus USB, which I was excited, cause maybe chain, then annoyed because Blitz Ball, then pretty ok because Not Wakka.

Also, completely unrelated, I cleared Hydra.

Tifa BSB+USB and Edge USB0 for a bajillion last stands and Reflect Damage.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Tidus USB is still super good.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Ah I forgot I got locke’s Enfire super from the archive draws. I guess this is alright then. Decent cm tech at least.

The +holy is p useless, I have 2 rem osbs and like 4 6* holy swords, heh.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Tidus USB is still super good.

I also have his OSB, but my water team DPS right now is Yuffie BSB2 USB(2?).

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I believe the guaranteed OSB and guaranteed USB draws are the ones with the "everything else can be the 5+," but the en-element one should be restricted to that list.

Of course, that just makes going 1/11 on it all the worse.
    Holy crap terra aosb!
    That thing is a monster non synergy 202 magic fire plus!

Still that’s the only thing I have for terra so I’m not sure that makes her usable.

If you can nab any source of en-fire on her she's good to go - Wrath, en-fire SB, Meltdown/Chain Firaga, AOSB finisher. Throw her ridiculously good trance mode in there and she'll melt faces.

Not for lack of trying, I love FF VI, but haven't been able to pull a terra relic at all and I have been playing for awhile. So you agree that she can't really hold up with just the AOSB?

She still can, it's just not quite as easy to cap as if she had en-fire, and it may restrict her to fights against fire-weak bosses. She still gets a MAG boost from her trance, but she'd need a good amount of external support.
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Ah I forgot I got locke’s Enfire super from the archive draws. I guess this is alright then. Decent cm tech at least.

The +holy is p useless, I have 2 rem osbs and like 4 6* holy swords, heh.

Not entirely useless! You can give it to a DPS and have them use +30% Dagger DMG as their RM, if you've already got your Truthseeker and +30% Weakness RMs taken up.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is there a Terra en fire on acolyte archives?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Her bsb2 is in there somewhere.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    As is her Fire Beam SSB.

The BSB is a BSB, though, and the armour is +Fire.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The BSB2 is on volumes 7 and 8, specifically.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Terra USB1, Glint, and LMR are on fest Banner 2, if it doesn't change from the JP version. Though if you're super stacked for fire stuff already, maybe you weren't going to draw on that banner.

Fry on
  • Options
    Not fire stuff but have Bartz usb lmr that crap lenna BSB and Gilgamesh stuff is kinda crapping up the banner.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Doesn't the Gilgamesh stuff include the new-type Fire Chain?

• Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    yeah the physical fire 2.0 chain

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Gogo BSB here, not too useful but i love the character so it's fine.

Almost decided on taking seph bsb2 for siren from the wonder draw, but noticed it was on banner 1 of the fest in jp so I'll wait a bit longer.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    I got the meme from the FFX draw - tiny bee/3.

The meme is real.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Enlong wrote: »
    Doesn't the Gilgamesh stuff include the new-type Fire Chain?

Yeah I wish it was someone else. Locke has a lot more utility than Gilgamesh and his BSBs are not worthless. Since I already have Locke chain I’m more interested in elements I don’t have.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Yay, Mimic Queen #4. That's all 3 lightning magicites that can be taken to 99. Time to fight someone other than Ixion.

• Options
    Oh good, new crystal tower top boss is omni resist with all piercing moves. Not to worry, you can RW your choice of:
    Dr. Mog's Worthlessness.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    when do they eventually add that knock off fabula raider to crystal tower rw? i'm looking forward to that very much.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    They really need to add Tactician's Grimoire to the Crystal Tower. Making Tyro worthless sucks. As do situations like this.

I guess it's time to bust out Noctis, Zell, and Vaan again.

RIP, revenge-Cagnazzo. Power creep meant you didn't even get to see Delita and Shantotto do their BSBs this time.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Disco
    Leo USB. Not sure when I'll use it, but won't ever complain about a new USB.

• Options
    That thing is quite nice. Boosts the team, carries a damage boost to the ability type, and chases. He can Legend Dive for Dualcast knight, too.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Maytag wrote: »

Almost decided on taking seph bsb2 for siren from the wonder draw, but noticed it was on banner 1 of the fest in jp so I'll wait a bit longer.

Watch out for the expiration date on the Wondrous Draw banner; it ends on the 24th, should be right before draw 1 becomes available. You will likely need to pick before the fest banners start or else get randomly given your selection.

Edit Though there is the lucky en-element draw before the 24th, so if you plan to roll on that one maybe wait til at least then.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular

Watch out for the expiration date on the Wondrous Draw banner; it ends on the 24th, should be right before draw 1 becomes available. You will likely need to pick before the fest banners start or else get randomly given your selection.

Edit Though there is the lucky en-element draw before the 24th, so if you plan to roll on that one maybe wait til at least then.

Oh that sucks, thanks for the heads up! Will have to make a difficult choice before then in that case.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options

Seriously, thanks for that. I stuck a calendar reminder on my phone.

• Options
    I am kinda overwhelmed with the options in wonder draw. Part of me just wants to go "fuck it, Squall BSB2" so his LD feels more useful, but I can sub-30 Tiamat reliably now, so it doesn't seem worthwhile?

What's the best single-target enLit relic? Kraken and Hades are my only non-sub30s, and nothing I can get from the draw will help with Hades.

• Options
    Oh right, the wonder draw deadline.

I think I'm still gonna go with Rem's BSB. Magic Holy is pretty rare.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I ended up going with Ramza's Battlecry burst. Prior to that I only had Shout, so I wanted a little something extra for him to do.

Artereis on
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Got Locke's USB from ROP VI. Nice highlight in what's been a relatively boring ROP. Other highlights have been Noel's LMR (+ice armor!) and Cait Sith's BSB.
    So far:
    Ovelia's LMR. I have her SSB, Wcast white helps. The only big hitters I'm missing from my FFT team with Agrias, Ramza, TGCid, Marche and Ovela are Ovelia USB and BSB and Orlandeau USB and BSB.
    Estinien LMR. Starting en-wind on a spellblade and I have 2 x SSS R3, so OK, I guess?
    Noel LMR. +ice!
    Basch SSB (with blink). I'm slowly, randomly getting Basch stuff. Have his Unique and OSB, now SSB.
    Lion BSB. Not bad! Stacking pbreak will get used CMs and possibly Crystal Tower.
    Wakka BSB (dupe). At least it's an 8* now.
    Zidane LMR. Wcast wind might be enough to make him good: I have his SSB1 and BSB2 (en-wind).
    Squall SSB. Seriously, Cutting Trigger. Also got Organics off the Library random pulls. Talk about blasts from the past.
    Cait Sith BSB. +Atk/Def +crit chance seems like a fantastic buff (when not conflicting with Cloud USB), the commands are mixed debuffs, and he's got dance 5/bard 5. Lots of good options.
    Locke USB.

Daffydd on
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I ended up going with Ramza's Battlecry burst. Prior to that I only had Shout, so I wanted a little something extra for him to do.

I'm tempted by this, but I almost always use him alongside Onion or someone else with his USB instead of shout. Not sure his Shout BSB would really see much use.

• Options
    No, brain. I don't need Kimahri's BSB to go with his USB. Yes, it is a shame that he can't do much past the initial cast for a water team, but my water team sub-30'd Maliris before I got Yuffie's BSB1. Physical Water is not a priority right now.

• Options
    Leeks wrote: »
    Artereis wrote: »

I'm tempted by this, but I almost always use him alongside Onion or someone else with his USB instead of shout. Not sure his Shout BSB would really see much use.

Shout/BSB2 started going in my rotation again as omniresist has come back and I want to use Cloud USB. It's just easier than having to deal with worrying about overwriting the 100% crit buff.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I think I'm still leaning towards picking up Strago BSB from the gem select. Good call about putting a phone reminder to do the pick, though.
    I am kinda overwhelmed with the options in wonder draw. Part of me just wants to go "fuck it, Squall BSB2" so his LD feels more useful, but I can sub-30 Tiamat reliably now, so it doesn't seem worthwhile?

If you happen to have his LMR (start with ice aura) and a sufficiently honed Snowspell Strike, the BSB2 doesn't necessarily do that much for you, IMO. Plus that thing (BSB2) is going to keep popping up whenever Squall rears his head. For example, the next two VIII events should both include banners with Squall USB2/BSB2/LMR, and one of them also has his Glint.

• Options
    Strago BSB is also in the AA draw select.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I think I'm still leaning towards picking up Strago BSB from the gem select. Good call about putting a phone reminder to do the pick, though.

Isn't that one of the options in AA?

If you happen to have his LMR (start with ice aura) and a sufficiently honed Snowspell Strike, the BSB2 doesn't necessarily do that much for you, IMO. Plus that thing (BSB2) is going to keep popping up whenever Squall rears his head. For example, the next two VIII events should both include banners with Squall USB2/BSB2/LMR, and one of them also has his Glint.

Yeah, I do. His LMR was why I dived him, I made a second copy of Snowspell Strike, got one to R3 and the other to R2, and that's literally what allowed me to sub-30 Tiamat. Which is why I'm grimacing a tad when it comes to picking that even though in a vacuum it's one of the strongest items on the banner.

Hmmm.

*goes back to look at his collection*

List of dualcast LMR with nothing above SSB:
    Strago (water)
    Vincent (fire)
    Seymour (dark)
    Shantotto (triple witch)
    Queen (lightning)
    Agrias (knight)

...hmmm. Queen's isn't in AA, and doesn't look TOO bad, despite not having enElement. There's a tradeoff buff, and CMD1 boosts spellblade, so it basically becomes a "use burst, cmd2, cmd1, spam thundering quadstrike or a 6* lightning spellblade"

Or I could grab Agrias and dive her (since I'm looking for my final dive of round 2 anyway) and just have another AoE imperil knight who can both dualcast and cause imperil on knight abilities, which has potential to be hilarious.

This discussion has been closed.