As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

LOUIS LE PRINCE INVENTED [movie thread] SO EDISON HAD HIM KILLED

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    to be fair guys

to be fair

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    The article is written by a dude and opens with
    As a rule, any marriage in which one partner can willingly cry out to the other, “Trampoline me!,” inspires only envy and awe. In the heat of the action, that is what Mr. Incredible says to Mrs. Incredible, in “Incredibles 2,” and I’m disappointed to report that the action in question is merely the manic pursuit of a gigantic drill that is whirring through a crowded city and demolishing everything in its path, rather than a lazy afternoon in the marital boudoir with the door discreetly shut.

i don't think this person has ever had sex

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    to be fair guys

to be fair

no.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    to be fair guys

to be fair

no.

c'mon

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Trebuchet Dick is the name of my Postmodern Jazz/Punk/Raggae band.

Trebuchet Dick is the name of my Postmodern Jazz/Punk/Raggae band.

Also the noir P.I. novel I'm writing.

to be fair guys

to be fair

no.

c'mon

uh-uh

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I just read the actual article and it's weird and terribly written. And then the byline says the guy has been writing reviews for them since 1993. It's incredible how someone so bad at writing has been doing it for so long.
    These did not come easily. My attitude to “The Incredibles,” upon its release, resembled that of an ancient Egyptian toward the sun god, Ra, and it has barely dimmed in the interim. It was with fear and trembling, therefore, that I looked ahead to the second coming. Would Bird be able to sustain the fast, angular moves of the first—the near-geometric nicety with which Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson), Bob’s skating super-pal, charted his ice-cool vectors across the screen?

shut uppppppppppppppppppppppppp

THAT OF AN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN TOWARD THE SUN GOD, RA

holy christ

CYpGAPn.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    If I went to see The Incredible 2, a movie for and largely attended by children, and found it to be a profound, earth-shatteringly erotic experience, I would keep that very much under my hat.

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    The article is written by a dude and opens with
    As a rule, any marriage in which one partner can willingly cry out to the other, “Trampoline me!,” inspires only envy and awe. In the heat of the action, that is what Mr. Incredible says to Mrs. Incredible, in “Incredibles 2,” and I’m disappointed to report that the action in question is merely the manic pursuit of a gigantic drill that is whirring through a crowded city and demolishing everything in its path, rather than a lazy afternoon in the marital boudoir with the door discreetly shut.

i don't think this person has ever had sex

They probably know everything they need about the pennist and vargina

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tube wrote: »
    If I went to see The Incredible 2, a movie for and largely attended by children, and found it to be a profound, earth-shatteringly erotic experience, I would keep that very much under my hat.

Best way to keep it covered, yeah.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Ah, a Full Monty fan, I see

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Hot Take: Anything in The New Yorker that isn't reporting is trash.

Inquisitor77 on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I frequently find that the most popular universal caption for their cartoons can usually be applied to their articles as well.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Blankzilla wrote: »
    I just read the actual article and it's weird and terribly written. And then the byline says the guy has been writing reviews for them since 1993. It's incredible how someone so bad at writing has been doing it for so long.
    These did not come easily. My attitude to “The Incredibles,” upon its release, resembled that of an ancient Egyptian toward the sun god, Ra, and it has barely dimmed in the interim. It was with fear and trembling, therefore, that I looked ahead to the second coming. Would Bird be able to sustain the fast, angular moves of the first—the near-geometric nicety with which Frozone (Samuel L. Jackson), Bob’s skating super-pal, charted his ice-cool vectors across the screen?

THAT OF AN ANCIENT EGYPTIAN TOWARD THE SUN GOD, RA

holy christ

imagine writing that out, seriously and sincerely, and publishing it for all the world to see

imagine

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I wonder how horny you can make your review of a children's film before an editor steps in and asks you to keep it in your pants

I wonder how horny you can make your review of a children's film before an editor steps in and asks you to keep it in your pants

I believe that is the mission statement of The New Yorker's reviews section.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a lot to very, apparently

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    at least The Stranger's stunt reviewer is an insane Marxist, not a weird creep

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Please tell me that armond white wrote that.

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    as an ancient egyptian, i can confirm that one of my most prized possessions is my ra steelbook

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Hey, I was born in 1993, it wasn't that...long...ago....

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    as an ancient egyptian, i can confirm that one of my most prized possessions is my ra steelbook

6/10

Nice concept, but I feel like you went for like, bronzebook or something you could have really pulled it to where it needs to be

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It sounds like this guy really doesn't want to do movie reviews, anymore.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I already walked into The Incredibles 2 with a horny bee in my, shall we say, aroused bonnet; this was a result of an amateur mistake I had made pre-screening - watching Bee Movie, an animated film so adrift in a sea of sexual musk that you had to build your own raft of whatever wood you may lay your hands on at any time simply to avoid drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I already walked into The Incredibles 2 with a horny bee in my, shall we say, aroused bonnet; this was a result of an amateur mistake I had made pre-screening - watching Bee Movie, an animated film so adrift in a sea of sexual musk that you had to build your own raft of whatever wood you may lay your hands on at any time simply to avoid drowning in the ever heaving waters of mother Earth's salty tiddy.

yo I thought they fired Harry Knowles

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I can't tell if these quotes are made up or not

• Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

6/10

Nice concept, but I feel like you went for like, bronzebook or something you could have really pulled it to where it needs to be

a "phar"(aoh) criticism!!

f2ojmwh3geue.png

I think all of them except Mal's are real.

All of them are real but Mal's which is a pretty damn good riff/escalation of the man's prose.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

All of them are real but Mal's which is a pretty damn good riff/escalation of the man's prose.

it must be preserved for posterity

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I definitely made mine up but I honestly thought some of the others were fake too

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!

I guess at least the reviewer isn't alone in his particular predicament

At least it's a diverse group.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Folks have been horny for Elasti-Girl for well over a decade

CYpGAPn.png
    I believe that in the modern parlance, she would be described as T H I C C

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    There is a lot of vore art with mrs incredible

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Super late but I don't care, treasure planet is fantastic. It has unbelievably good visuals, an awesome space pirate captain lady, and David Hyde Pierce.
    The lead is the weakest link, but that's always the way for Jim Hawkins.

Atlantis has some of the best supporting character designs in an animated film, but kind of falls apart in the back half. Which is a pity, because the start is really fun.

Trampoline me, honey. The words reverberate through my cranium, threatening to burst forth--were I not the erudite sophisticate I am and instead 'twere I Zeus (Jupiter to the citizens of the Holy Roman Empire (at least until Emperor Constantine the first died!)) I might fret that mine own melon might erupt with some manifestation of uncontrollable erotic id, likely in the form of an adult, combat-capable woman, she who is named Athena but who bears the shape of another: Helen!! Helen!!! I read books a whole lot and I want to jack off to this movie!!!!!!

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.