As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Lost [Phalla] - GAME OVER - LEGION VICTORY! - OCCUPANT VICTORY!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: »
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Updated my list with last minute changes and some small mistakes

nzbit3yx8078.png

The following people each created a tie situation towards the end of the day:
    Discrider, Matev, Brody and Green
    Matev of those did not really have time to react, and if anything was trying to prevent a tie.

Sorry Mamawolf, definitely some last minute plays to get you in the running.

But you were the tie breaker...

It was tied Mordin 4 Mamawolf 4 with Matev and my votes. Simply moving off would have done the same, but allow for a tie by another last minute person. I moved it to a 5 vote compared to the next few at 3.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Day One
    The word came down from on high in a text message sent to all the members of the Legion. The message contained just a single word, but they all knew what it meant. Someone was suspected of using an Object for their own purposes. And in these desperate times, the Legion could not afford to waste any time in removing a potential threat not just to the Legion, but to the entire world. There were many Objects of unimaginable power. If this person had one of them, and this person was going to use it to achieve some unknown end, then the Legion had no choice but to act swiftly.

So, the Legion gathered their members together, and as one they went to confront their suspect: MamaWolf. The whole ordeal was over rather quickly; the Legion had become quite efficient at eliminating those who would abuse the power of the Objects. Alas, it was not until their grim work was done that they learned the truth: MamaWolf was no traitor, but a loyal member of the Legion.

After the deed was done, however, the collected company realized there was someone who was missing. Someone who almost certainly would have put a stop to this: Green, one of the longest-serving and most loyal members of the Legion, was nowhere to be found. Then, as if the universe were taunting them, a breaking news report provided the answer to their question. Green’s lifeless corpse was found in an airport bathroom, a fresh gunshot wound in the middle of his forehead. The contents of their satchel were emptied on the bathroom floor, but investigators did not see that anything obvious was missing. The only item of note was a one-way plane ticket to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

The Dead
    MamaWolf – The Legion – Voted Out
    Green – The Legion – Shot

Locus on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You can't take a wrong turn at Albuquerque if you never make it there in the first place.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Only one kill huh? Either someone did a good job guarding someone or the village doesn't have a "good guy with a gun".

Day Two begins now, and ends tomorrow at 9 PM EST.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Kaplar stole my cuff links.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Stealing=mafia? I didn't think that testing a mechanic would be seen that way.

Anyway, does anyone know what happened to the items the people who died were holding? My assumption is that they're gone or belong to the person who what did the killing. I don't know how that would work for the vote target though.

Inactivity warnings to @Cythraul and @JusticeforPluto

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Ok, now Sir Fab is one day away from retirement.

nzbit3yx8078.png

Matev of those did not really have time to react, and if anything was trying to prevent a tie.

??
    Didn't I break the tie onto Moridin?
    I didn't think there was anyone else on 3 at that point.
    Or was this the 2 piece tie on Kaplar?

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    You guys know two of the votes against me were both Kaplar. I was never in the lead. Unless they have a double....

Could be an Object

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    You guys know two of the votes against me were both Kaplar. I was never in the lead. Unless they have a double....

Could be an Object

I had discrider, kaplan and wildcat all voiting for you
    discrider wrote: »

nzbit3yx8078.png

??
    Didn't I break the tie onto Moridin?
    I didn't think there was anyone else on 3 at that point.
    Or was this the 2 piece tie on Kaplar?

I had Vagrant Winds getting their third vote from Chamberlain earlier in the day (mamawolf and SaberOverEasy being the other two earlier in the day)

Who invited the Mad Hatter? The player order has changed again.

I mean, Blue's spreadsheet was showing that I had three votes on me and was part of the tie, but I only had two votes on me: SaberOverEasy and chamberlain.

There was no reason to change my vote to protect myself even though I could have because I was active at vote close.

Yup, that's my mistake, I had Mama's vote for Vagrant, but she had voted for Jdark. Sorry all, especially @discrider who was also unbreaking a tie.

• MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Reserve

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Sorry for the late arrival everyone, my wife left me directions to the Sunrise motel. I was up all night detailing the HELL out of Room 10 there. Didn't notice my mistake until this morning after a rather lousy continental breakfast.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph

Did... did I end up in room 10 after all??

Steam
    Not yet, though that might be arranged if you talk to the right person...

Turn order determines order of operations and it shifted from day 1 to day 2. It's actually really important with this game due to the number of powers and the general ability to steal.

Cythraul wrote: »

There is no room 10.

Kaplar wrote: »

There is no room 10.

Not with that attitude!

Steam
    You see, most hotels, you know, will be offering up ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten in your room. Where can you go from there? Where?

Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is ditch 10, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do? Room 11!

Ours goes up to 11?!

Steam
    @jdarksun can you give me a detailed breakdown of each player and your read on them please.

Steam
    Its one more right?! Its better. Best hotel in the state.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

Anyway, does anyone know what happened to the items the people who died were holding? My assumption is that they're gone or belong to the person who what did the killing. I don't know how that would work for the vote target though.

*shrug* I have no leads, and as I tell my kids stealing is grounds for death.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »

*shrug* I have no leads, and as I tell my kids stealing is grounds for death.

I hope you don't have too many cookie jars.

We don't have any. Those things are death traps. I keep my cookies in my safe. It has one of those locks from Resident Evil where it needs 17 different crests hidden across town in locked boxes that each require a metal chocolate chip to open. The exercise I get from getting a cookie and resetting the system balances out cookie binges.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Ok, now Sir Fab is one day away from retirement.

Pretty rude to do this to me when I'm gonna be out of your hair after tonight anyway.

The way I see it, there are 5 ways we can do this.

1. Kill me
    2. Let me go
    3. Kill me and let me go
    4. We can just kill you instead, Drider
    5. End the universe itself.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    edited June 2018
    We could also kill Moridin.
    He seemed a bit suss.

..edit
    I misread his post.
    Perhaps not so suss.

discrider on
    Ooh! We could kill everyone!
    Equal opportunity slaughter.
    Got nothing against the universe though.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    @jdarksun can you give me a detailed breakdown of each player and your read on them please.

Do you always rely on the man to tell you what to think Cythraul? You believe any propaganda they spew at you? With one breath you admit to know about room 10, then, with another, you willingly ask to be subjected to groupthink! What's jdark got on you man? Free your mind, brother!

Here... take some of these... it'll help...

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    Only one kill huh? Either someone did a good job guarding someone or the village doesn't have a "good guy with a gun".

Looking at Green's corpse, I'd dare say he was vigged, having tied the vote and posted minimally.
    So I think perhaps the mafia kill was blocked.

edited June 2018

Do you always rely on the man to tell you what to think Cythraul? You believe any propaganda they spew at you? With one breath you admit to know about room 10, then, with another, you willingly ask to be subjected to groupthink! What's jdark got on you man? Free your mind, brother!

It's like you didn't even know about his time at the Phalla mafia championships :/

Cythraul on
    Steam
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

It's like you didn't even know about his time at the Phalla championships :/

Citing the championships seems like the kind of supposedly-helpful observation that a mafia scum might make. Cythraul, please respond extensively.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited June 2018
    Auralynx wrote: »

Citing the championships seems like the kind of supposedly-helpful observation that a mafia scum might make. Cythraul, please respond extensively.

He means the championships would have asked jdark for such a list at about ten minutes into the first day.
    And so is repeating for humour

Although perhaps that 'scum' is all too knowing and I have been duped :(

discrider on
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

He means the championships would have asked jdark for such a list at about ten minutes into the first day.
    And so is repeating for humour

Although perhaps that 'scum' is all too knowing and I have been duped :(

You've fallen into my trap of misappropriating their meta for use in our meta!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    For the record, here is the play order for Day 2:

Player List
    1. Matev
    2. Sir Fabulous
    3. Jpants
    4. Moridin889
    5. 38thDoe
    6. Auralynx
    7. jdarksun
    8. vagrant_winds
    9. Romantic Undead
    10. Cythraul
    11. SaberOverEasy
    12. Bluecyan
    13. Bedlam
    14. Kaplar
    15. chamberlain
    16. Wildcat
    17. JusticeforPluto
    18. discrider
    19. premium
    20. Gizzy

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Last !

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    With that out of the way, let's talk about last night.

I think it's far more likely the Green kill is the mafia's standard, rather than a village vig. My best guess is that there isn't a specific "vig" but rather an object that allows the village to kill people. That also seems to align with the fact that we aren't seeing specific colors. If the mafia could steal it and use it, then suddenly having the kill turn up in red would be... unfortunate.

With that being said, I can see at least three possibilities for why we wouldn't see a village kill last night:

1.) Either Cythraul or JFP had it, and they were inactive
    2.) The use of the object is conditional/not allowed for village
    3.) It was stolen before it could be used

In any event, there should be a person or two out there who knows the actual answer. I will say for the record that it is highly likely that someone starting with a kill object probably ISN'T mafia. One of the big ideas behind the game is that the mafia needs to find it in order to increase their kill count.

Depending on which of the scenarios above are correct, there may be a few people who have a better clue than others about what is going on.

That also gets to the post above. We have a some very odd order of operation things going on. Especially if its going to change every night, having a record of it may be important as time goes on.