As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    i hate having cards

You must play Quest Warlock.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Can't misplay if you have no cards to play.

ollesafeee.jpg

"I'll have to try harder next time! I feel like I've been issued a challenge! It's too late now!"

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Check out my cool unbeatable deck.

### Walking Dead
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Raven
    #
    # 1x (0) Backstab
    # 1x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Leper Gnome
    # 2x (1) Sinister Strike
    # 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
    # 1x (2) Cheap Shot
    # 2x (2) Eviscerate
    # 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
    # 2x (2) Plated Beetle
    # 2x (2) Roll the Bones
    # 1x (2) Sap
    # 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
    # 2x (4) Elven Minstrel
    # 2x (4) Kobold Illusionist
    # 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
    # 2x (5) Lesser Onyx Spellstone
    # 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    # 2x (6) Bone Drake
    # 1x (9) Malygos

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Crap. I played a third game with it and I was beaten. Roll the Bones is a harsh mistress.

• BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    nueectngwp0c.png

Got 'em! Essentially made it to Legend in two days from Rank 4, with only 26 games played at an ~85% win rate (which is absolutely absurd to me). The only games I lost were against vanilla Taunt Druid, which simply just has a better Hadronox package, and a single Big Spell Mage. I ran over almost every other matchup, and the final boss was a Rogue. I played a naked Drakkari Enchanter for tempo, and he made the horrible mistake of ignoring it while I drew a Dragonhatcher from my Bright Eyed Scout.

The deck just feels great to play with a fairly simple gameplan, and it helps that everyone you play against assumes vanilla Taunt Druid. Generally speaking, you just mulligan for ramp, keep Spreading Plague vs. Paladin, Naturalize vs. Warlock. Against slower decks, keep Master Oakheart for the turn 6-7 closer. And if that by itself isn't enough for them to concede, slam down Ysera or Lich King for extra Enchanter value. I've definitely had games where my hand was just overflowing with Dream and Lich King cards - one game I even closed out by casting Ysera Awakens five times.

I'll leave with this next screenshot, which I titled "Volcano This":
    m4a1muql9h00.png

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Guess i gotta dust some wild stuff...

Sigh....5.2 k dust to make it. Oakheart, Hadro, Malf, bright eyed scout.

I do love midrange mana cheat decks though. Add a Hadro late game package and this should be right up my ally.

Plus ive been playing hunter for 3 months straight.

Hmmmmm...

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • BeastwizardBeastwizard Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

I do love midrange mana cheat decks though. Add a Hadro late game package and this should be right up my ally.

Hmmmmm...

Funnily enough, if you want to cut any corners dust-wise, you could actually cut Hadronox. Out of the 26 games I played, I maybe had only two games where I played and Naturalized my Hadronox. If your draw is halfway decent to decent, you won’t need it, and if your draw is awful, you’re dead anyway. It’s obviously suboptimal, but from my non-statistically relevant sample size, I never had much use for ol’ Hadro. Hadronox is also the riskiest craft of the bunch, fitting into only one deck archetype by nature. Oakheart sees more general play, DK Malfurion is one of the most solid DK cards, and mana cheat decks will always have a place for BES.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I just had the craziest open ever, in a Paladin arena match vs another Paladin.

My starting hand was the +1/+1 at the end of turn spell from the event, Drygulch Jailor, and Adapt-Your-Silverhands; going first.

My first draw was ... the 5-cost event dragon that gives you a free 1/1 when you draw it! So I enchanted it. My opponent passes.

I draw infinite Murlock, drop Drygulch, and go face with my 2/2. My opponent hero powers.

I draw the Stegadon taunt spell, trade in my Drygulch, go face with my 3/3, and play all three Silverhands. My opponent coins out a Chain Gang (YES! NO consecration!)

Draw (?), play Adapt-Your-Silverhands, and get Poisonous! My 4/4 kills one Ganger, a poisonous Silverhand kills the other, and the last two go face. Opponent plays the 5/X Mill yourself 3 when you draw.

Draw (?), play my dragon, kill the 5/X with poison, go face with the rest. Opponent plays the 3/1-get-a-deathrattle minion.

Draw (?), cast Stegadon!, opponent concedes.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

Hmmmmm...

Funnily enough, if you want to cut any corners dust-wise, you could actually cut Hadronox. Out of the 26 games I played, I maybe had only two games where I played and Naturalized my Hadronox. If your draw is halfway decent to decent, you won’t need it, and if your draw is awful, you’re dead anyway. It’s obviously suboptimal, but from my non-statistically relevant sample size, I never had much use for ol’ Hadro. Hadronox is also the riskiest craft of the bunch, fitting into only one deck archetype by nature. Oakheart sees more general play, DK Malfurion is one of the most solid DK cards, and mana cheat decks will always have a place for BES.

yeah i dont mind crafting Malf. Even though ive held off on crafting him until now, i've had my finger on the button at least 2 times.

gonna sleep on it but i'll probably pull the trigger tomorrow.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    redfield85 wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    14,500 dust.

Holy moly.

I think I am 4 epics and a legend away from that maybe. I just crafted Oakboy a week ago or so after dusting a golden legend. I need Deathwing for sure. Unless I go with a Kingsbane rogue deck and make that legend that gives 1-1 to your weapon.

I need 4k dust to finish this deck.

2x arcane tyrant
    2x bright eyed scout
    2x drakkari enchanter
    1x deathwing

Maybe I can run through my goldens and extra legends/epics and see if I can hit 4k dust.

Yeah, I built it, all I needed was the Bright Eyed Scouts.

I promptly went 0-2. I lost to an Odd Hunter who blew me up on turn six, and then to an Even Warlock when I drew all of my 8+ drops without drawing any ramp.

I'll give it a try again tomorrow, when I'm hopefully not in danger of finishing off a 60g quest.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I tried it too, went 0-5.

Why don't you guys just get luckier?

I think I just played against too much aggro and didn't cheese with Oakheart enough.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Just had a 1-minion quest go staggeringly well. Because, yeah, you would think that Quest Hunter is doomed vs. Odd Paladin, but under the right circumstances . . .

For instance, the width of a Level Up means nothing with Shaw on the board and your deck going full Raptor Conga Line.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I went 3-4. Dammit I’m P2W! What the hell??

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited June 2018
    Just clipped this off Kripp's stream:

Tick Tock

forty on
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I need some suggestions on a fun deck to play in standard after not playing for a long time. I have a lot of the original cards, maybe some of the second expansion, but not much after that. Used to play handlock, zoo, home made warlock and mage hands, miracle rogue. I actually loved miracle rogue. I'm not sure I won with it more than 50% of the time, but it was always fun to play. I always liked the idea of control mage, hated ice mage though. Have like 3k dust.

RickRude wrote: »
    I need some suggestions on a fun deck to play in standard after not playing for a long time. I have a lot of the original cards, maybe some of the second expansion, but not much after that. Used to play handlock, zoo, home made warlock and mage hands, miracle rogue. I actually loved miracle rogue. I'm not sure I won with it more than 50% of the time, but it was always fun to play. I always liked the idea of control mage, hated ice mage though. Have like 3k dust.

Miracle is the cockroach that will never die.

2x (0) Preparation
    2x (0) Backstab
    2x (1) Fire Fly
    2x (1) Cold Blood
    2x (2) Shiv
    2x (2) Sap
    2x (2) Eviscerate
    2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
    2x (3) Fan of Knives
    1x (3) Edwin VanCleef
    2x (4) Fal'dorei Strider
    2x (4) Elven Minstrel
    2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
    1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    2x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer

AAECAaIHArICrwQOtAGMAs0DvQSbBYgHpAfdCIYJgcIC68IC3NEC2+MCpu8CAA==

Odd Rogue is also very good right now, and crafting Baku helps open up Odd Paladin and Hunter and Mage.

2x (1) Southsea Deckhand
    2x (1) Fire Fly
    2x (1) Dire Mole
    2x (1) Deadly Poison
    2x (1) Cold Blood
    2x (1) Argent Squire
    2x (3) Vicious Fledgling
    2x (3) Tar Creeper
    2x (3) SI:7 Agent
    1x (3) Ironbeak Owl
    2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
    2x (3) Blink Fox
    2x (5) Vilespine Slayer
    1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
    2x (5) Fungalmancer
    1x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
    1x (9) Baku the Mooneater

AAECAaIHBKICrwTKywKe+AINjALLA9QF9QXdCIHCAp/CAuvCAsrDAtHhAovlAqbvAsf4AgA=

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I switched back to odd rogue yesterday, pretty much that list -ironbeak -2 tar creepers, + 1 cobalt scalebane +2 hallucinations.

Streaked from 9 to 6-5* between yesterday and today but just hit a wall of shudderwocks =\

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Miracle rogue is probably the most fun thing to play into as togwaggle druid, you don't even need to hit togwaggle, you have enough armor and taunts that they just burn through their whole deck, it's oddly satisfying

PSN SeGaTai
    edited June 2018
    qhd5slxrqe7x.png

OK Dover, you got this. Just stay focused...
    tbn0trdgewd9.png
    NAILED IT! No more Hearthstone for me today.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Threading the damn needle.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Brawl is a new one. Make a deck and if you don't fill it, the rest will be shadow reflections. The coin becomes a shadow reflection.

Edit: At least I don't remember it... But it might be a repeat.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Sounds like combo heaven.

• HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Better limitation than doing all cards have echo

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i couldn't think of a particularly good deck to run for this brawl off the top of my head but then my opponent did a turn 1 concede so i guess i'm done with this one

I can’t play the brawl until tomorrow.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I made an Odd Mage for the Brawl, not really thinking it through. The Shadow Reflections fucked it all up but I won anyways so I guess I escaped my shame.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Sounds like combo heaven.

Yup. I did priest and killed someone with a turn 4 208/208. Radiant + infinite PWS chain + DS + IF and shadow visions to pull the right spells

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Did that promotion for the 2 packs from each set end? I’m not seeing it in the mobile app.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    yeah, it ended today I think?

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    yeah, it ended today I think?

Yesterday. I had a moment of weakness and almost bought a second set but when I got to the in-game store it was no longer there.

And my wallet breathed a sigh of relief.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Gotcha. Probably for the best frankly.

I don’t even know why I’m considering spending money on this game, I’ve barely played this month.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I just did a Murloc deck with one of everything (and double of the +1s). Turn 5 Grimscale Oracle, Turn 6 Ghost Light Anglers. My opponent was trying some kind of beast hunter but they weren't able to blast off.

This brawl is a bit slow. It doesn't have to be, but it is mostly faffing about doing nothing until turn 5 or 6 or whenever you have enough mana to actually use your ability to play multiple cards.

OK. I played more of the Big Druid. I briefly regained the stars I lost, and then I lost them all again. I ended up going to “you can’t lose any more stars at this rank.” In the end, I went 10-17.

So, a few possibilities: I could be playing the deck completely wrong. My sample size could have been too small. I could be having terrible luck with matchups. I could be having terrible luck with the mulligan. It could be that it just isn’t suited for the meta I’m hitting. I think that all of the above are probably true to some extent. I’ve basically been hard mulliganing for ramp/howl/Oakheart, but most games they’re just not coming together fast enough to make a difference. Tempo Mage, Miracle Rogue, Odd Rogue, Odd Hunter, Even Shaman, etc, were all wrecking me.

I feel like the deck just didn’t have enough consistency or early game defence. 19 of the 30 cards cost five or more mana. It’s great when you get a chance to play them, but there just weren’t enough stall elements to last long enough to play them, or enough ramp elements to get there faster. I can see it being very strong in a Control/Combo meta - it did very well against Spell Hunter and Shudderwock Shaman - but it just feels too slow against aggro and midrange decks.

edited June 2018
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Brawl is a new one. Make a deck and if you don't fill it, the rest will be shadow reflections. The coin becomes a shadow reflection.

It's a repeat. I think it showed up sometime around K&C. I definitely remember people talking up how strong a priest combo deck was, then it took me 3 or 4 games to get my win since it's only strong if you actually draw your damn Radiant Elemental(s) and buffs in time (and a somewhat proper order) before you get smashed by whatever cheese your opponent is running.

forty on
  • MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

It's a repeat. I think it showed up sometime around K&C. I definitely remember people talking up how strong a priest combo deck was, then it took me 3 or 4 games to get my win since it's only strong if you actually draw your damn Radiant Elemental(s) and buffs in time (and a somewhat proper order) before you get smashed by whatever cheese your opponent is running.

Yeah, I distinctly remember doing Radiant Elemental + Mind Blast redundant nonsense before.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    forty wrote: »

Yeah, I distinctly remember doing Radiant Elemental + Mind Blast redundant nonsense before.
    Oh yeah, I think that's the deck I made based on forum posts.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Rank 5 again!

Faced 4 rank bosses- shudderwock, quest priest, Kathrena, and finally a midrange hunter. 26 games (12-14) with a well timed streak to finish it off.

And at least there’s a decent bit of variation these days, since in just those games I faced 18 different decks!

Battletag: Noggin#1936