As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Oh man I am going to have to chip away at these Octo levels day by day.

What do you want from me Nintendo?! I am but a man made of flesh and bone!

You must become an octopus made of ink and more ink.

• Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I have no clue what the Octolings Amiibos do, but I did preorder them from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DPMGNG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    [sob] I'm a squid now, I'm a kid now, I'm a squid now [/sob]

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I haven't really been playing Octo Expansion (trying to savor it) BUT I finally hit S+ in Rainmaker today! I am pretty stoked.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I beat all the levels in Octo Expansion.

There's a thing afterwards that's kicking my ass.

• BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Do you get anything if you clear all the octo stages with all the weapon choices in addition to the recommended one?

Do you get anything if you clear all the octo stages with all the weapon choices in addition to the recommended one?

I can't say for sure, but I've seen people online playing with stuff like Octo-Replica Shot etc.

edited June 2018
    I got the third Thang.

Nintendo, you clever sons of bitches.

edit- Heavy metal Pearl is best Pearl. Also I lost it when the song had censor beeps in it.

Axen on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I'm going to enjoy playing these 8-Ball stages exactly once apiece.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    *sirens*

We have incoming NA Splatfest!

The theme this time:

T4R6ren.png

Battle begins 6/22, at 9 PM PST.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    *sirens*

We have incoming NA Splatfest!

The theme this time:

T4R6ren.png

Battle begins 6/22, at 9 PM PST.

Pulp is gross

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Pulp is fiber.

but I agree that if you want all the good stuff from a fruit, just eat the fruit.

So I'm conflicted.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Printable Octo Expansion alternate cover

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/2343ea30fbb2a4ea

oc2ioqxne5ox.png

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Okay, Octo expansion was pretty great.

Still haven't beaten the all the levels yet, but baby steps.

skeldare wrote: »
    Printable Octo Expansion alternate cover

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/2343ea30fbb2a4ea

oc2ioqxne5ox.png

What's the right kind of paper to get to print that out? And can most printers use that kind of paper?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Beat the Octo Expansion. Haven't gotten all the mem cakes, about 45% on that.

It is so worth it to beat it. To say more would be spoilers. I want to learn more about this world, about what the hell happened.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I will set down here, for the record, my prediction, made blindly, that Octolings are Inklings that the Octarians kidnapped and did weird science on as a means of infiltrating their society.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    The Splatoon 1 art book claims that Octolings are simply another variety of Octarian, grown through the same budding process that produces all Octarians.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Edit: nevermind, ranting about something only tangentially related to topic.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
    edited June 2018
    [redaction!]

Axen on
    Ha the octolings have new weapon victory poses at the end of multiplayer battles. Girl octo dualie victory is practically a Bayonetta dance.

Ha the octolings have new weapon victory poses at the end of multiplayer battles. Girl octo dualie victory is practically a Bayonetta dance.

Saw a video showcasing some of the Octoling animations that are different, they even have different animations for checking out their weapons in the shop, etc. ! It's really great.

• MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    This shit is nuts.

That is all.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

What is the new woomy killer? Meemo? Veemo?

New stage in a future update, New Albacore Hotel.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    The inklings would build a giant structure in a jellyfish pool just so they can play Turf war.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    Or the jellyfish would set that up so that they can watch inklings fight to the death while they relax in a pool.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited June 2018
    From the Tumblr:

Let’s take a closer look at two of the upcoming weapons revealed during the Splatoon 2 World Championship.

8ANRnrS.jpg
    First up, the Explosher is a re-purposed industrial heater modified to fling piping-hot ink long distances. Its shots explode on contact with walls and the ground, so it’s handy for hitting foes who like to hide. The fire rate is slow, so you’ll want to make good use of its incredible ink trajectory to corner your opponents.

udro8VE.jpg
    Not to be outdone, the Ballpoint Splatling is a new Splatling-type weapon that equips a shifting system. It has a super-fast fire rate when you start shooting, but sacrifices its aiming ability and range. Once the spin slows down a bit, you can target far-off opponents with pinpoint accuracy. You can also recharge in the middle of firing by pressing the ZR button, unlike other Splatlings.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    I'm glad they are giving more attention to Slosher and Splatlings, those ones sound really nice as well.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I picked this up on sale and I’m trying to get into the multiplayer, but literally every game I’ve played so far (only 4 or 5) has had a person on my team with zero points. How is this a thing?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So I picked this up on sale and I’m trying to get into the multiplayer, but literally every game I’ve played so far (only 4 or 5) has had a person on my team with zero points. How is this a thing?

I’ve had that happen only once in the five-ish games I’ve played, thankfully. Most games seem to be pretty even teams too, I’ve liked multiplayer a lot

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    If someone's score shows literally no ink placed, that means that they lost connection during the match. That, unfortunately, is an issue that one kind of has to live with (in this game and any multiplayer game).

• homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Note that the disconnected player can still be displayed as getting the win bonus, so if someone on the winning team has exactly 1000 points, that's also a disconnect.

If the player icon shows a blacked out Squid/Octo, but a full colour gun, then that player has disconnected. A disconnected player on a winning team will always be given 1000p in turf war.

Stopping at no-pulp champion because I only got matched up with 5 actual pulp teams on the way to that level. Also the weirdest shifty station to me so far.

With the amount of mirror matches with No Pulp, and the awful teammates, I ended off with 11-11.

This shifty station was bizzare, being able to get so close to your opponents seems like bad stage design sincr there's too many places to hide when players are moving out, so it's easy to get ambushed.

I did enjoy camping the gate with the Splatling though, as well as the far back though.

Hope to see a shifty station with grind rails before splatfests end.

Pulp Wins 2-1.

No Pulp won the popular vote at a whopping 67% of the players though.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Pulp Wins 2-1.

No Pulp won the popular vote at a whopping 67% of the players though.

This makes sense. Kids definitely prefer not to have pulp most of the time!

dN0T6ur.png
    The battle victories were by a really slim margin, too. I think they were both around 51%? Wild.

I'll take the victory and the snails, tho.