As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This thing’s gonna be real hard to find, huh

All of my local shops already have their full shipments preordered

6F32U1X.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Yeah. Our store only ordered 2, both of which were preorders. I heard they cut off access early to make sure they have enough, but I'm not sure.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    My store was getting 12, and all of them are spoken for

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    hey, a native runner

that's pretty neat

Shorty wrote: »
    hey, a native runner

that's pretty neat

She looks super rad, too, that’d be fun to make work

6F32U1X.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Yeah. Our store only ordered 2, both of which were preorders. I heard they cut off access early to make sure they have enough, but I'm not sure.

Yuuuup. My FLGS sent out emails asking everyone on the standing Netrunner preorder if they wanted it since they should be able to cover all the preorders but literally nothing else.

You'll pry it from my cold dead hands.

Apparently lots of Amazon preorders of Reign & Reverie just got cancelled due to being oversold

Starting to think I'm just straight-up not gonna be able to get this

6F32U1X.png
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not getting R&R at this point which is pretty sad. This is also going to make it harder to sustain people's interest in the game long term now too. It's like they're trying to kill netrunner at this point.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I never really got into Netrunner, but recently watching the Team Covenant videos has really helped me understand all the lingo and how the game plays out. Hoping to get my wife to try a few games with me soon.
    And since it's sold out everywhere, I called around to some local shops and was able to score Data and Destiny, Creation and Control, and Break Bay in one store! They apparently never had a Netrunner crowd, as all their stuff literally had dust on it (and I think they still had OG core sets, too). I probably won't get a full collection of everything, but I'm really happy with snagging those Deluxe and I'll try to pick up a few data packs along the way.

Part of what's drawing me in is how thematic a lot of the cards are (like Turing can't be broken with AI breakers, Beach Party losing you a click every turn). Hoping I can get a few friends into it to kind of start our own little playgroup with what I have.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a core set and all the deluxe sets would make for a lot of fun in a two player meta

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    I'm debating whether to try and pick up another OG core, or grab an Revised core since it will include some early data pack cards I probably won't be getting otherwise?

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    I wasn't sure if I should wait or just order everything I was missing when I heard the news. I haven't played the game much after Data and Destiny was released. So after hearing of the cancellation, I only ordered the 2 cycles directly after Data & Destiny. Fast forward to yesterday, and I heard that they were becoming difficult to find. I wasn't even thinking about Reign and Reverie. I tried ordering the last 2 cycles on Amazon. Oh boy. 1 data pack is up to $35, today its $85. I called around the shops in town, looked all over the net. I got 10 out of the last 12 data packs. One FLGS said they'd call me when their restocks of the last 2 sets arrived. So I'm hoping I can get the last 2 packs then.

I put in requests at 3 places for Reign and Reverie. So if I dont get it, I'll see if people upload high quality images, and I'll get them printed from some shop in china.

steam_sig.png
    Thanks to Dice Dojo in Chicago for having literally everything I needed to complete my datapack collection!

Alternatively: fuck you Dice Dojo, why did you have to have literally EVERYTHING I needed, I spent so much money!

6F32U1X.png
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I think for people who are missing out right now, or thinking about just getting into it, you should wait until after Worlds. I'm sure plenty of people will be trying to dump whole collections.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Thanks to Dice Dojo in Chicago for having literally everything I needed to complete my datapack collection!

Alternatively: fuck you Dice Dojo, why did you have to have literally EVERYTHING I needed, I spent so much money!

Hey, that's my friend Grimwalker's home store nowadays!

... Hopefully he gets his hands on R&R.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Looking through these million datapacks I now have

What the hell is the point of Fan Site or Film Critic

Why would you want to hang onto an agenda as a runner instead of just scoring it

6F32U1X.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    Looking through these million datapacks I now have

What the hell is the point of Fan Site or Film Critic

Why would you want to hang onto an agenda as a runner instead of just scoring it

Safety, in regards to Film Critic. Since you aren't stealing it, it gets around a *lot* of triggers.

Fan Site are basically used as fodder for any sort of thing that wants you to sacrifice a agenda, like Shadow Net or Artist Colony.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    In addition to not being a steal (meaning it doesn't turn on cards like Punitive Counterstrike, and it lets you take Obokata Protocol without the damage), Film Critic also replaces your access. Which means it's also very good against aggravating Jinteki agendas like Fetal AI or Future Perfect. Also great with The Source (doesn't cost extra to take the agenda, doesn't trash The Source when you do)

Fry on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Film Critic is actually a bonkers powerful card

there's a reason it's on the restricted list

I didn’t realize it doesn’t count as a steal, that definitrly illuminates it

How does it not trigger access cards though? It says “when you access,” is the “no longer being accessed” thing enough to negate the initial access or something?

6F32U1X.png
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I didn’t realize it doesn’t count as a steal, that definitrly illuminates it

How does it not trigger access cards though? It says “when you access,” is the “no longer being accessed” thing enough to negate the initial access or something?

Yes, since the runners abilities happen first film critic fires, then shuts down the access before the corp abilities have a chance to happen.

And now I've tracked down a way to order Creation & Control for MSRP

now all I have left is to find Order & Chaos and Reign & Reverie and then I will have a complete set (save for draft sets and rotated out cycles, which I'm not bothering with)

Order & Chaos seems real, real hard to find

but I do know a guy who owns and operates a print shop...

6F32U1X.png
    Has anyone been following the NISEI project? I saw it linked on netrunnerdb, and the first few updates were not encouraging...

it's early yet, the fact that Jakodrako is involved is encouraging

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    That's really awesome of FFG.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Looks like they just restocked their web store as well with just about everything, in case anyone was looking for packs.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Looks like they just restocked their web store as well with just about everything, in case anyone was looking for packs.

Welp, since it's the only decent option I picked up a couple data packs instead of paying 2-10x more on eBay. Unfortunately they still didn't have Order & Chaos in stock :( (or it went really fast).

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    I have an old core set, the first two big boxes, and then I stopped playing. Picked up Terminal Directive really cheap a while back and preordered Reign and Reverie.
    Anarch is the faction I'm most interested in shoring up while there are cards for the buying, but I guess Order and Chaos is $100+ now.
    Would the runner mini-factions in Data and Destiny be very usable for kitchen table play with my collection?

Edit: I guess it’s now or never; I grabbed Data and Destiny and the new core set. Pity that so many key mini-faction cards are in completely different data packs.

Frem on
    I've been playing more on Jinteki, and I think Hard Hitting News is really killing my enjoyment of the game

You can't even trash that thing?

Everyone seems to be using it, and it derails everything for me for at least like 3 turns

6F32U1X.png
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I've been playing more on Jinteki, and I think Hard Hitting News is really killing my enjoyment of the game

You can't even trash that thing?

Everyone seems to be using it, and it derails everything for me for at least like 3 turns

Yeah HHN is rough but there are a lot of ways around it; including the basic plan of just staying on a high credit total (as decks with HHN often have few ice you don't need to spend money installing breakers) assuming pretty much any deck can have it till proven otherwise is a good rule of thumb for being careful.

That or play link decks or tag me decks and laugh at their HHNs.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    I'm utterly overjoyed to have found some local people who are enthusiastic and on my level (base box only so far, and old base box at that).

I'm utterly torn on investing more. Part of me desperately wants to get all the big boxes whilst I can as a nice contained card pool boost for each faction. But part of me is wary of over buying into something after all of two game nights, and of over boosting my card pool to the point that I scare off the other guys, who understandably may not want to jump through the limited stock hoops that are soon to spring up.

But they are going to be all gone or expensive soon so I can't spend too long waiting to see how things play out!

Frustrating.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Advice to new players even when the game was being printed was to indroduce cards slowly, even if you bought them all at the same time.

edited June 2018
    That's what I'm saying. A great plan in a situation where you can comfortably expect decent stock levels in the shops going forward. However currently there is a metaphorical big clock ticking away.

Edit: Though having spent the morning scouring around, it seems I'm already too late and that already nothing is available anywhere, even for me to overpay for.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    One thing that makes me feel like a jerk is Controlling The Message is a nightmare to play against but super super fun to play AS

6F32U1X.png
    Well, desperation makes fools of us all. Found a source and snapped up all three of the pre revised core deluxes I was missing at sensible prices.

I'll try to be strong and not break into them until prudent. Until then unless much changes it seems they can be seen as an investment!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    If anyone here has a line on a way to help me get Order & Chaos for a reasonable price, that’d be greatly appreciated

It’s the last thing I need and I can’t find it anywhere that isn’t asking at least a hundred bucks

6F32U1X.png
  • EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    That's what I'm saying. A great plan in a situation where you can comfortably expect decent stock levels in the shops going forward. However currently there is a metaphorical big clock ticking away.

Edit: Though having spent the morning scouring around, it seems I'm already too late and that already nothing is available anywhere, even for me to overpay for.

Wow, you weren't kidding. I had a tab open to the FFG store and last I had checked they had everything in stock (sometime after the announcement they were going to increase printings before the end of the run). Now after refreshing the page everything is out of stock. Suspiciously everything.

Before, when stock was low, they at least had playmats available. The second generation of playmats didn't seem in high demand. Now all of them are gone too. I have a feeling either people snatched up everything with the word netrunner on it in an attempt to scalp them, or FFG pulled everything from the store.

UK here so might be different, but finding my haul was quite the extended effort.

I basically did a UK pages only Google search for the expansion names and worked my through each out of stock small independent game shop webstore one by one until I found one that might have actually had a couple of them in stock, or was just not updating it's online inventory.

Each one I subsequently contacted via Facebook was of course actually out of stock, but one them kindly pointed me towards another shop he knew. That shop was also poor at updating its online inventory but in my favour this time as it was masking that they actually had one of every expansion I wanted! Messaged them and quest complete.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I wonder if I should get the 2P mat to help teach the game in the dark future.