As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for a new PC headset or microphone. Recommendations?

MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
Hey folks! The mic on my headset is pretty bad, it's on full recording volume but a lot of times my friends can't hear well.

So, I'm in the market for either a new headset, or maybe even a dedicated microphone?
Computer doesn't have bluetooth, so it'd have to be USB... and my soundcard only has one 3.5mm input already being used.

Price range can be $50 - $160
Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

l4lGvOw.png
Witty signature comment goes here...

wra

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I just got these and am very happy with them

SADES SA902 7.1 Surround Sound Stereo Pro PC USB Gaming Headsets Headband Headphones with Microphone Deep Bass Over-the-Ear Volume Control LED Lights For PC Gamers(Black)

That's the link to Amazon UK FYI but I can't imagine they won't be on the US site

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    The SteelSeries Arctis 5 is within your price range, so that's an option. The Mic isn't recording quality, but it's crisp and works perfectly for gaming/chatting. Good audio.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Hey folks! The mic on my headset is pretty bad, it's on full recording volume but a lot of times my friends can't hear well.

So, I'm in the market for either a new headset, or maybe even a dedicated microphone?
    Computer doesn't have bluetooth, so it'd have to be USB... and my soundcard only has one 3.5mm input already being used.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Linus of Linus Tech Tips just did a budget mic round-up a few days ago, sounds like the Blue Snowball, or Blue Yeti might be good fits for you as USB mic's.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I bought a PS4 Gold headset to use with my PC and have been really happy with it.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/audio-and-communication/gold-wireless-headset/

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info, folk!!!

I think I'm going with the Arctis as a number of folk have recommended it so far.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    I bought these for a friend and was surprised at the quality for the price.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWG12QS/

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Looks like you might have pulled the trigger already and invested, but if not you should be aware you can add Bluetooth for just like 6-7$ and likely less if you look around.

Also on headsets I use a Jabra stereo one at work some days and sometimes like all day. Works well, good sound, light, connects quickly...

Bones heal, glory is forever.