As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40k [Inquisitor: Martyr] Innocentia Nihil Probat

12345679»

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    On a different note. The game has insane potential, but holy hell it is a buggy mess right now. Not enough problems to keep me from having fun, but I hope it doesn't turn off too many early adopters to keep the playerbase from growing to a healthy, sustainable size.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    The night and day difference between Psykers vs the other classes is insane.

Psykers do SO MUCH DAMAGE SO FAST; 1-shotting boss mobs and champions while clearing full rooms of trash mobs in a couple clicks when the other two classes take considerably longer.

yeah psykers are clearly broken, in such a ferociously obvious way its kind of...?

theres even a hidden perk that means spells cast at max warp heals u rather than damages u - inverse warp attenuation

so the downside of max warp heat is totally ignorable

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    The downside of maximum warp anything in Warhammer should always be "Demons come and kill you!".

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    The downside of maximum warp anything in Warhammer should always be "Demons come and kill you!".

in this thats exactly what happens, but it doesnt matter beacuse you just one shot everything instantly

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Yeah, demons warp in to attack you and random negative spell effects occur that will damage you.

But as @surrealitycheck said, since you are one-shotting everything it's all negligible. That and you can run an armor set that gives you a 3/4 screen blink on zero cooldown, so jumping through levels away from the max warp heat negatives is super easy.

• Options

in this thats exactly what happens, but it doesnt matter beacuse you just one shot everything instantly

They just done fucked up then and know nothing!

• Options
    hmm

trying to work out how crits work and the numbers just go completely nuts?

hitting ordinary mobs for 150-215 with a boltgun, then get consecutive crits on a mob for 300, 1k and 500

?????????????????????????????????????????

gonna be pretty hard to figure out whats up

also lovin plasma pistols with a bit of crit and some modifiers

https://youtu.be/2nPGM1gzstE

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular

Psykers do SO MUCH DAMAGE SO FAST; 1-shotting boss mobs and champions while clearing full rooms of trash mobs in a couple clicks when the other two classes take considerably longer.

Yeah there some serious imbalance. I was Crusader and Assassin all beta. I'm regularly doing +100 power missions with ease on my Psyker now. Though to be fair, I think I am better at deciding on perks and skills a bit.

I do hope if they do some adjustments they pull the other classes up rather than Psykers down.

• Options
    Cobell wrote: »

Yeah there some serious imbalance. I was Crusader and Assassin all beta. I'm regularly doing +100 power missions with ease on my Psyker now. Though to be fair, I think I am better at deciding on perks and skills a bit.

I do hope if they do some adjustments they pull the other classes up rather than Psykers down.

i dunno i definitely think late game psykers are going to get nerfed no matter what

if you look at what theyre doing - teleporting through maps one shotting everything - i dont think thats the playstyle they had in mind for this game!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Cobell wrote: »

i dunno i definitely think late game psykers are going to get nerfed no matter what

if you look at what theyre doing - teleporting through maps one shotting everything - i dont think thats the playstyle they had in mind for this game!

I mean the game could've been designed by the Ruinous Powers to show everyone that the warps no big deal and to use your psyker abilities all the time, it'll be totally fine.

Working as intended?

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    This game keeps finding new ways to burn me. After trying various levels of missions, I found ones appropriate for my character and started having some fun blowing dudes up with my new bio-lightning spell. Got a bunch of nice loot, especially a new warp rod upgrade which is nice. Got right up to the end of the mission... and the game crashes to desktop. Guess I'm just gonna shelf this one for awhile. Unfortunately I played too long to get a refund.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Man this game is not great

• Options
    there are tanks

it turns out the harder counter to tanks is... feet

https://youtu.be/SOB_0CyXiTg

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Seems a potential design flaw that the tank doesn't have a "Back over the guy standing behind us and shooting us with handguns" button.
    Not a "reverse" per se, because that would imply you may, some day, possibly, want to retreat. And that's cowardice at best, more likely just straight up heresy in the face of the ruinous powers.
    But the ability to charge towards the rear could come in handy.

• Options
    The Leman Russ is/was the mullet of 40k tanks.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    After playing some more last night, I think I'm gonna have to put this one on the back burner.

Game has a ton of potential (and is fun, as I mentioned before) but I need to wait until it's realized before I invest more time.

Undead Monkey on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    I am a bit disenchanted by the cabal leveling system.
    twice now we have the Unholy Codex objective, first time was for 110 of them, now its 160.
    problem is they are a rare spawn on a rare mob on a uncommon enemy.
    I have seen maybe 10 Word Bearer Sorcerers in the time I have been playing. they need to bump these guys up to always spawn and preferably have them always drop the damn quest item.

As a smaller cabal we have almost no chance of being able to complete this objective in the week. we managed to get 30 of the 110 Codex the first week

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    there are tanks

it turns out the harder counter to tanks is... feet

https://youtu.be/SOB_0CyXiTg

So he drove really close, but where is the guy with the sword?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    one build you can try

get the ranged tree "no cooldown on switch" and the perk for 50% off cooldown after switch for zero cd on switch, then run two longlas rifles

the perk means every time you overheat you can just switch and it zeroes out the heat

you just shoot the "instant overheat" longlas prismatic shot for 300% bonus damage then switch to your other rifle and do it again, and then switch back... forever]

also warning: shoot every explosive barrel because you need 250 of them to unlock the heat tree... but SURPRISE! heat tree doesnt work. half the nodes do nothing - both the "apply burn on crit" and "apply burn on first shot with zero heat" do not work

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    positive discovery; plugging in an xbox controller uncapped my fps from 60 to 160... give it a try if the game is running weirdly

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Whatever Martyr's flaws might be, so far I think it's done a great job of portraying the setting of the 41st Millennium in all its grim darkery. The environments are great and heavily detailed, and I've been to Fortress Monastery battleships and all kinds of planetary surfaces, which I hadn't expected (I thought it was all taking place on one spaceship). I've enjoyed warping around the sector and seeing all the different systems and how they portray all these different elements of the Warhammer setting that aren't represented on the tabletop. And there's been a lot of cool enemies from Warhammer 40K as well - just killed some kind of horrible Nurgle thing called the Daemonhost.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Thematically rad as fuck.

Also jank as fuck.

You win some...

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jank can be fixed though, given enough time, money and dedication by the dev team.

The question is, do these things exist in sufficient quantity to resolve the jank?

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Jank can be fixed though, given enough time, money and dedication by the dev team.

The question is, do these things exist in sufficient quantity to resolve the jank?

Well, I spotted this announcement on the Steam boards:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/1696049513769751339/
    During the next weekend (June 15-17), a shorter global event will take place. This will be tied in with a new short story from the Caligari Archivum, and Inquisitors will have to deal with invaders at a new point of interest. There will be community-wide goals to achieve for this event, and of course, successful Inquisitors' efforts won't go unrewarded.

A few weeks after this introductory event, the foreshadowing of the Warzone begins with a week-long event that will have a permanent result on the game world based on the community's deeds within the Caligari Sector. This event will take place in the Lacaon System.

The Warzone means the lead-up to our first Season. Currently, there is one subsector available in the game world - the Tenebra Subsector (Tier I). The new Season will begin with yet another global event in late summer, and when the event ends, a whole new Subsector will be opened to players (Tier II). This Season will introduce the Dark Eldar faction along with an increased level cap, new items, perks, enchants, and new missions.

Of course, all such Events and Season updates will be completely free for everyone.

So it sounds like they're in for a long haul of providing content, and I'm sure that will all go hand-in-hand with gameplay polishing and bug fixes. If we're going to be getting a slow unfolding of Warhammer related content with stuff like the Dark Eldar being added, I'll definitely support this title.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I keep getting discounts for this game from GW I guess I should get it

• Options
    quite a fun build using shotguns

this game needs a few months to fix its bugs before being worth playing probs. almost half the mechanics later on dont work correctly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-cuFpm9wE&feature=youtu.be

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    quite a fun build using shotguns

this game needs a few months to fix its bugs before being worth playing probs. almost half the mechanics later on dont work correctly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh-cuFpm9wE&feature=youtu.be

You make me want to try Crusaders again, but I think I have been spoiled by the overpoweredness of Psykers and the aoe tree.

• Options
    been messing around with the mechanics for this game on and off when bored. here is an extremely janky damage over time build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxc5r1chWlY&feature=youtu.be

making this build caused me to have a brain explosion and i documented my madness in a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZEZRP-B2s

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    If anyone is playing this on xbox one. I have a cabal going for the heck of it. Search for Angry Marines. I am the Grandmaster - EyeRChris

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I’m playing this on PS4. The most recent patch fixed a lot of stuff BUT multiplayer is still extremely laggy.

Went through the story with the Crusader, I am almost there with the Assassin and the Psyker.

The Psyker sure is squishy in the beginning of the game.

Apparently there are hidden perks to unlock? I got one after I fully unlocked the 2 psyker rune trees.

Currently doing Tarot missions with Silence The Guns on +100 difficulty so that my assassin can get these “10 timed missions at +100” done. At least in this game “internal cheevos” give you rewards with perk unlocks and so on.

I am curious how the warzone will be (the road to 50 and 1100 seems long), and I am looking forward to that free Dark Eldar season that is in the ps4 pipeline.

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Just hit 1100 and tried out the Warzone.

Think 4 chambers with 2+ warp gates that continuously spew out troops, and no medical kits/supplies available.

And because the most recent ps4 patch broke targeting a bit (I can only do aimed/sniper shots 10% of the time, and I pay as a sniper assassin) it was very very hard for me.

• Options
    On the PS4, Season 1, the Dark Eldar, has been released today :biggrin:
    And you now can get to level 70 and item rank 2300 :bigfrown:
    Let the grind begin!

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    If anyone is playing this on xbox one. I have a cabal going for the heck of it. Search for Angry Marines. I am the Grandmaster - EyeRChris
    I just got the game yesterday through the Gold sale (not huge, but still worth it). Is this still active?

I don't have the time to play like I used to, so my progress is incredibly slow.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    HUGE patch has just come out - "patch 2.0"
    Combat

Combat flow has been drastically improved.
    After using movement skills, players should be able to use their skills as soon as they arrive at their new location.
    All character animations have been sped up such as grenade tossing, weapon switching, along with all weapon animations.
    Primary Skill Global Cooldowns have been reduced to 0.5 seconds.
    Movement speed of all classes has been adjusted.
    Turn speed of all classes has been sped up.
    All skill and projectile effects have been adjusted to match the faster animation speeds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-FSRBAltVM

Leveling

The maximum level cap has been increased to 100.
    An experience bar has been added to the Battle GUI.
    Itemization

The Inventory is now available during missions.
    Power rating has been removed from the game completely.
    Items now have item level.
    A player's drops are determined from player level.
    Item drops can range between five item levels below or above the player's current level.
    Maximum item level is 90.
    Example: If you are level 80, items can drop from a range of item level 75 and 85
    The Relic items have been vastly expanded: More than 200 Relic enchants have been added to the game to further aid build variety.

https://neocoregames.com/en/community/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr-compendium?fbclid=IwAR1viFwYgv1KnSEsB5rXgi-SHWEwRI9GQN-FqWqIrBK0GYx52A99dWMEecY

the BIG story here is that the game feels so much better - faster, less clunky, shorter global cooldown, animation cancelling.... i gave huge amounts of feedback on the testing realm for this game and the devs genuinely listened. this has been probably some of the most open and honest ive seen developers take feedback on a game, and their decision to revamp core systems rather than just drip feed content is a really good sign

if you had a vague interest in the game i would say check it out

stream where they show off the new patch here

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mmm, that does look pretty good. Gonna have to dive back into this sucker again.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Sisters of battle or riot(seriously or give me girl power armor man).

• Options
    Hmm that is looking pretty good. I may dive back in. I haven't really been keeping up, but has content gotten a little more varied? I remember everything being a relentless grind of samey missions (though faster combat flow will probably improve that quite a bit).

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Now THAT’S more like it!

• Options
    I just received an email from Neocore Games that the Adeptus Sororitas DLC is “Out Now!” on PC.

Console peeps will have to wait a little longer :neutral: