As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

15678911»

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I was immediately hyped for Eternal when I realized it came from the Clank! developer.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    http://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/sealed-deck-leagues/

Eternal is adding Sealed Leagues, which I think is the first time that the modern generation of digital card games has done Sealed

Properly, yes, but Tempo Storm put together a browser app for making sealed Hearthstone decks that streamers used for a few months.

Edit: Oh yeah, I think they even did a few tournaments with it.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    proper support is the only support anyone cares about

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    That's why it's important to get fitted for a bra and not just buy off the shelf shit.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    also sealed is a bad format

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Reynad (of MTG infamy and HS fame) is now making his own card game. It's a deck builder for PC and mobile. He has a crowdfunding campaign up. Could be worth a look when they deliver something.

• Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Reynad (of MTG infamy and HS fame) is now making his own card game. It's a deck builder for PC and mobile. He has a crowdfunding campaign up. Could be worth a look when they deliver something.

Honestly I have no interest in the card game of a guy who had to cheat at magic.

In other news, Eternal continues to be great. With this being my first full month - or chapter - of play, I set myself a goal of hitting Silver Rank in Draft (I finished Bronze the previous Chapter). Figured a simple goal of improving a rank in each format per Chapter would be reasonable. Instead I’ve rocketed all the way up to Diamond! Might even hit Masters at this rate.

And my Sealed League is going well too! I started out going 5-5 in Week 1 making me think the deck was poor. Decided to play my Tiebreaker games (In Eternals Sealed League you play 10 placement games each week and up to 20 tiebreak games each week as well) and went 17-3. My Week 2 pack didn’t do much for me but I still went 8-2 in placement and 8-2 so far in breakers. So despite the HORRID start I’m actually in 302nd place!

• Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    So far I have tried and

Loved: Hearthstone, Magic Arena
    Liked, but Currently Uninstalled: Eternal, Pokeymans
    Disliked: Shadowverse, Duelyst, Gwent
    Hated with the Fire of One Thousand Suns: Anything Bethesda, Yu-Gi-Oh, Spellbreaker

Difficulty level: Vastly prefer Android.

Being burnt out on Hearthstone, am I stuck with Eternal / super boned y/n

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Dragging this up from the deeps since they announced that the Lord of the Rings game is entering early access on August 28'th.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

Will there be an option to add extra Selesnya Guildmages to your sealed pool?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I started playing Shadowverse cause GBF is basically a gateway drug to anime bullshit; it's pretty fun!

They seem to be throwing a billion free packs at players right now; I opened enough stuff to craft Giant Chimera Rune, which really scratches the old Storm itch of drawing a bunch of cards and doing nothing before one shotting the opponent out of nowhere.

The only annoying thing is, since it's online, I can't actually see the other players expression when they loose.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

Is that the thing he got suspended from comp MTG for?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Yep!

• Options

Yep!

I remember reading some stuff about that when he was a big Hearthstone pro, with people arguing that "it didn't matter cause it was just a 2 drop minion" as if GW Guildmage wasn't the most busted ass two drop in that entire format.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »

Yep!

I remember reading some stuff about that when he was a big Hearthstone pro, with people arguing that "it didn't matter cause it was just a 2 drop minion" as if GW Guildmage wasn't the most busted ass two drop in that entire format.

lol wut

It's not just his cheating that gives me a very poor opinion of him, it's his refusal to take responsibility for it.

• Options
    ph blake wrote: »

Yep!

lol wut

It's not just his cheating that gives me a very poor opinion of him, it's his refusal to take responsibility for it.

Eh. Cheating in MTG is a bad thing, of course, but I really don't think it's the sort of thing that is all that relevant a decade later, especially when he hasn't proved to be a repeat offender. He's dramatically matured over the years of building his stream and brand, and I mean that--he's shown by far the most personal growth of any of the streamers I've followed for that long. If he wants to leave that one stupid mistake with minimal consequences in the past, I really think that it doesn't matter.

You can still dislike him for the views he holds or the way he acts, but I feel he's at least earned getting a second look.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    As a lazy slob, I have a lot of admiration for the work reynad has put into building TempoStorm. I don't know how he conducts himself these days because I've lost all interest in Hearthstone, but most streamers just chill and sometimes make YouTube videos. But he followed his dreams, although making an indie card game in 2018 probably isn't the best business decision

• Options
    I was honestly way more upset about random Hearthstone kids dissing Selesnya Guildmage than anything Reynad did.

I mean, you're talking about Draft All Star, Must Kill On Site Or Lose the Game Selesnya motherfucking Guildmage here, not some "two drop minion." Fathers would sell their own children to get multiples of him in their pool. I made my first GP money finish off the back of how busted that card was!

Just, this kind of utter disrespect is baffling and will not stand.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Still wasn't as good as Dimir Guildmage though! :P