As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] [new Ahri skin to fund the year] / [cervitaur dating sim activated]

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    @credeiki I dunno if I posted here with this or not but the current state of bot meta is: yes.

butts
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    I detest this meta

for the record

all players: get your stupid shit out of my botlane

This META is kind of horrible to watch from the eulcs standpoint. I worked from home today and ooof those matches were tough to watch. I’m incredibly happy there appears to be a wide open playstyle but it makes for stomps and rough watches.

Fiddle heimer bot lane is a thing. This meta is glorious .

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Real talk though: I expect any comp that relies on multiple support items being built in bot to get nerfed pretty swiftly. That should cut down on a bit of the wackiness.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Real talk though: I expect any comp that relies on multiple support items being built in bot to get nerfed pretty swiftly. That should cut down on a bit of the wackiness.

Why? ADCs aren't in vogue because their damage items was nerfed hard. Can't safely funnel gold through bot if everyone is going kill lanes with burst mages and mordekaisers. The support items are the crutch for everyone who isn't an early game AD assassin to be able to survive and have gold in time to be relevant.

League of snowball always gets nerfed into oblivion, yet they keep going back to it.

• Options
    Lcs

Well I expect sneaky and company will be back in the lineup

• Options
    Evidently jersey mikes has a LOL promotion going where you can get stuff in game, including RP, and a trip to.the finals.

I think I'm going to be eating a lot of subs.

• Options
    I hope they don't mess up this meta too much, I love it and want to see more of huni in different roles. In his post match interview he called it his meta because he can play any role and any lane. They threw him in bot lane as Yasuo today.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    As a support, I honestly don't care who I'm sharing the lane with... as long as they're good in team fights.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MeeqeMeeqe Lord of the pants most fancy Someplace amazingRegistered User regular
    I hadn't watched pro league in years, heard of drastic meta shifts so I poked my head into LCS today... I enjoyed it. Much less stale than it used to be, although a million new champs to read up on it looks like.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Two games in a row with diamond borders on my team.

Two games in a row where they fed and we lost horribly.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been on an ARAM kick but I haven’t seen funneling mid or wacky botlanes in my SR games

• Options
    Meeqe wrote: »
    I hadn't watched pro league in years, heard of drastic meta shifts so I poked my head into LCS today... I enjoyed it. Much less stale than it used to be, although a million new champs to read up on it looks like.

NA was fairly tame compared to other regions. Wonder how it'll play out tomorrow

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    TSM/FLY
    Holy shit did Grig show up this game. Dude was fantastic. Dude is brave and dude has Smite Secures.

Also god damn that was a Baron Power Play. 3 Base Towers, 3 Inhibs, and then win the game in the 2.5 minutes after the recall. Damn.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I will never stop supporting kill lanes and I support everything that makes kill lanes viable.
    Play trilanes. Play two in mid lane so that anybody hoping to get easy farm doesn't get it. Forget the jungle. Play two jungles, one in yours and one in theirs. Ignore mandated meta!

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    TSM/FLY
    Holy shit did Grig show up this game. Dude was fantastic. Dude is brave and dude has Smite Secures.

Also god damn that was a Baron Power Play. 3 Base Towers, 3 Inhibs, and then win the game in the 2.5 minutes after the recall. Damn.

I thought all things considered they looked kind of flat until the power play you mention. Going off spring split, they should have crushed I would have thought.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    TSM are just trying the cunning strategy of boring everybody to death so that way they win by default since they'll be the only ones left.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    TL GG

Have to wonder if it's this comp on TL, or what, but compared to uesreray where they ran a standard comp they aren't looking good.

GG on the other hand, I thought they were really missing Hai shot calling yesterday but they look really good today.

And at least in NA, standard comps seem to be beating these new comps. Still haven't seen a hyper carry yi or karthus yet in NA.

Actually I haven't seen the nunu kart hus combo at all, anyone knkw a game that showcases it

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    It's not a standard comp though. Zven is playing Ability Power Carry Kai'sa and Varus.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    TSM/FLY

I thought all things considered they looked kind of flat until the power play you mention. Going off spring split, they should have crushed I would have thought.

I just realized I was talking about TSM CLG as they had a similar I'm guessing power play. I missed TSM fly and thought tl GG wad the first game of the day. My bad.

Yesterday
    He secured a contested baron that gave them their first lead of the game and they steadily tool the game from there

I never thought Mike Yeung was that good even when he was on phoenix 1

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    No ADCs in botlane? We back to the basics now!

• Options
    The GG vs FOX game actually has two traditional ADC/Support bottom lanes.

But it also has Huni playing Taliyah JG.

• Options
    Huni is awesome.

• Options
    And this is the problem with esports.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2018

All people will remember from this worst case scenario is "Hey remember when the server crashed?". Esports has survived far worse than that (see: match fixing).

edit: Taliyah, breaker of servers.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »

All people will remember from this worst case scenario is "Hey remember when the server crashed?". Esports has survived far worse than that (see: match fixing).

edit: Taliyah, breaker of servers.

Could you imagine if this happened at world's though? It's something convention sports don't have to deal with but something esports needs to figure out.

Chrono break has been a huge help, and I know some weather delays will result in a game being decided to who was ahead, but it's sometuibg that leaves a foul taste and in a big match wojld dras cries of rigged

• Options
    You know, every time I see doublelift play I think TSM were idiots to replace him. Especially as it cost them 2 import slots to import a bot lane that's good, but not as good as DL + X support.

• Options
    Rengar/Ivern (Kat Bush as I affectionately refer to it) is probably my favourite dumb thing I've seen in pro play so far this season.
    God bless the LPL.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsvunHO8Ac4

Direct no-nonsense confirmation from Jack that Jensen, Sneaky, and Smoothie were benched for lack of motivation, drive, and maturity. Straight up. And that he's not happy at all about their social media response to it. This is an interesting time for C9.

Glad the former academy players won their game yesterday.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2018
    This is the darkest timeline. I have to root against C9 in hopes that my players come back. And my back up team (100T) has had a rough start.

As a fan of players and not orgs the C9 situation just makes the whole weekend feel less exciting. Seeing the other teams play is usually fun and exciting because I am seeing the potential challengers to the team I'm following. And I can root against whatever teams are the biggest challengers to my team. But when my team is basically not there it removes being able to enjoy my team playing and the other teams playing.

Please start doing better than the Academy team boys. LCS time is a very exciting time for me and right now it's not that fun. The whole summer has no games to play don't rob me of games to watch too.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Honestly, Sneaky would probably be happier at this point if he just went the Qtpie route and made his cash streaming.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    Honestly, Sneaky would probably be happier at this point if he just went the Qtpie route and made his cash streaming.

If that's the case he'll do that. He's done well enough streaming that he could have done that already and been fine and he knows that. The reason he hasn't so far is that he's always preferred the competition aspect. So I mean maybe he would be happier right now, maybe he wouldn't. Basically I'm just saying he knows what he'd be happier doing and he'll go ahead and do that thing.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Last night I played the support Trundle to a bot lane Irelia against a Fiora + Braum, and you know what? I actually had fun with it! (Largely because Irelia was crushing them, but still.)

Long live the fiesta meta.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Was quite surprised to see SKT sub out four of their team with Thal being the one they kept in. Was less surprised to see them still be pretty Greta.
    Even if you accept that the team around Faker is pretty average they're still under performing huge and I'm interested to see how they turn it around, if they even can.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    More information about the Clutch Gaming/Echo Fox game.

It's a bit fun to see even League has problems with ability spam. tl;dr spamming Taliyah abilities when the enemy can't see you will blow up the server.

• Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    More information about the Clutch Gaming/Echo Fox game.

It's a bit fun to see even League has problems with ability spam. tl;dr spamming Taliyah abilities when the enemy can't see you will blow up the server.

I guess karthus was a problem too. Strange bug.

Was this isolated to pro play because of the servers or some thing that was going on up until they hotfixed it.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Was quite surprised to see SKT sub out four of their team with Thal being the one they kept in. Was less surprised to see them still be pretty Greta.
    Even if you accept that the team around Faker is pretty average they're still under performing huge and I'm interested to see how they turn it around, if they even can.

SKT vs Jin Air results within:
    So it turns out the solution was Rakan jungle, obviously. That or they just needed to play against one of the two teams who are playing even worse than them.
    The whacky team comp of game 1 was fun to see, and it clearly worked out nicely. Of course in game 2 they were like "Right let's go back to Blank on Skarner because that's been so good up to this point", and then did their level best to give Jin Air a way back into the series.

Dyvim Tvar on
  • Options
    I just unlocked Corporate Mundo from a chest. Someone teach me how to Mundo. The skin is awesome.

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I just unlocked Corporate Mundo from a chest. Someone teach me how to Mundo. The skin is awesome.

Follow your ABCs

Always

Be

Cleavering

Level it first, and get accurate with it. Deals percentage damage and is great for last hitting and harassment in lane. Build health and defense based on your lane opponent. Normal items are Sunfire Cape, Spirit Visage, Warmogs.

Your E is an attack reset with more percentage health damage on it. It's pretty good to AA-E-AA-Q and just keep punching. People underestimate Mundos dueling.

Your ultimate takes health when you cast it so try not to cast it when too low or they might just burst you down immediately.

Your W lowers crowd control effects on you so turn it on when people go to stun/slow you. Combined with the Sunfire component you have some hefty waveclear but be aware of the constant health cost.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I hate this meta

That said, Teemo/Lee/Ahri/Sivir/Leona into Darius/Yi/Ekko/Irelia/Thresh--team 'not playing a really fucking stupid melee comp' kites all day long, destroys teamfights, successfully sieges towers. Ahri carried although she was almost counterbalanced by tiled-off-the-face-of-the-planet Lee "just ff" "...we're even kills and even cs...???" "it's over just ff" "???"

I have come to the conclusion that adc itemization is awkward, although I completely disagree that it obviates the utility of adcs. When I go back to ranked solo I may have to just buy stormrazor because the build path makes the most sense, even though it delays the crit build. Although in a situation like laning into Irelia/Thresh, it's fine to just farm without pushing, build non-optimally in order to get to PD+IE immediately, harass a bit when possible, and then just engage on a friendly gank. Into a mage adc lane, or against most other adcs that wouldn't work as well, I think, and I'd seriously want to come back to lane with a pickaxe if that's how the buys worked out, instead of like, boots and a dagger.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch